Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
Okada vs Kingston 9 12.68%
Jericho vs Hook 0 0%
Swerve vs Butcher 1 1.41%
Deonna and Thunder vs Toni and Toni 2 2.82%
Copeland vs Cage 32 45.07%
Best Friends vs Don Callis Family 1 1.41%
Shibata vs Matthews 1 1.41%
Takeshita vs Romero 1 1.41%
STREET FIGHT 24 33.80%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It has genuinely hosed up my weekend. I have a flight this morning and instead of watching collision I’ve had to sink to watching Barry S03E01 😔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

rotinaj posted:

Nilered?

Yup. I was in awe of the chemistry part but really wanted him to hand over to someone else for the confectionery part.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Alpha-1's second show is currently streaming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3wo79Y7c5A

Yes, it's not technically AEW, but there's so many AEW folks involved (and also announced for the next show) it may as well be.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I was mega late to AEW this week but it was good

lol at the momentary blackout on the FITE feed that seemed to be the point they swapped all the signage for rampage

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

History Comes Inside! posted:

I was mega late to AEW this week but it was good

lol at the momentary blackout on the FITE feed that seemed to be the point they swapped all the signage for rampage

It wasn't just on the FITE feed, they just faded out quickly in a hilarious spot to officially start Rampage lmao

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Can I just say to whomever said that Metalingus makes way more sense as Copeland's AEW theme that they are absolutely correct.

The lyrics all talk about leaving something behind, starting something new and possibly being much better for it. Even if you don't hate WWE it still makes more sense as his AEW theme. At the point he started using Metalingus in WWE he was entrenched as anybody ever was or would be.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
What's going on with Danhausen? I can't remember the last time he was on TV and he's seemingly doing indies now. Did he just whine too much on the internet and sour Tony?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

UnleashedDad posted:

What's going on with Danhausen? I can't remember the last time he was on TV and he's seemingly doing indies now. Did he just whine too much on the internet and sour Tony?

He's a really bad wrestler and doesn't want to just be a manager/character.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i hope i never see him on tv again!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Danhausen beat Cardona in 10 minutes on the GCW ppv yesterday. I'm sure that was "a real mat classic"

E:
Last AEW match was being in the Worlds End preshow battle royale, last Tonyverse match was facing cutler on the 2/12 RoH (lost in 3 mins)

Since then hes done gcw and aiw

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

post hole digger posted:

i hope i never see him on tv again!

I'll always have a soft spot for him since he got my fiance into pro wrestling and the first Hey EW was absolutely fantastic. The whining was annoying though for sure.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

I don't mind Danhausen but we were told no more hoe rear end comments on twitter, someone was going to die on that sword and there are few better choices

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

Danhausen beat Cardona in 10 minutes on the GCW ppv yesterday. I'm sure that was "a real mat classic"

E:
Last AEW match was being in the Worlds End preshow battle royale, last Tonyverse match was facing cutler on the 2/12 RoH (lost in 3 mins)

From what I've heard of that match it wasn't even a comedy match. They tried to work a main event style with nearfalls and poo poo. It sounds dreadful.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

If it's true that he wants to be more of a wrestler than a manager type that's some really bad logic. He sold a ton of merch being a Conan O'Brien character. Just enjoy that you can make a living working in the business you love dude! People gotta learn to accept the bar has gone up exponentially in the past two years.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i think being friends with cm punk really got it into that little freaks head that he has to be a good wrestler

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

UnleashedDad posted:

If it's true that he wants to be more of a wrestler than a manager type that's some really bad logic. He sold a ton of merch being a Conan O'Brien character. Just enjoy that you can make a living working in the business you love dude! People gotta learn to accept the bar has gone up exponentially in the past two years.

Literally he's good friends with RJ City who's the platonic ideal of someone who never ever needs to do another wrestling move again to maximize his potential in the industry.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

UnleashedDad posted:

two years in federal prison for bootlegging :(

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

projecthalaxy posted:

E:

He was on RoH at the Austin show.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

glad that jake got a new contract that's awesome

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

If he wants to stop printing money and go back to being Donovan, The Guy Who Lost In Multiman Battle Royals, he can be my guest. I'll go back to wrestling and take the horror host gimmick back, thank you very much!

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

But for real, it seems like he's not satisfied creatively, I guess, and the Hoe rear end Comments probably didn't help. A shame, but what can you do?

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Not sure why Danhausen needs to be a great wrestler to be in wrestling matches in AEW. He could easily be a great punching bag on a fun trios team. Him going around backstage trying to get people to team up with him would be good tv.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

But for real, it seems like he's not satisfied creatively, I guess, and the Hoe rear end Comments probably didn't help. A shame, but what can you do?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

I watched the Danhausen/Cardona match and it was fine. Cardona isn't particularly good once the bell rings either, so it was a lot of character work on both sides but the crowd ate it up. I dunno, Danhausen is fun but at this point his character doesn't easily lend itself to being a guy who does wrestling matches, so it makes sense that the workrate company isn't sure what to do with him if he doesn't want to be a manager.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

There was very little wrestling in that match, but it was fun. My friends and I started the "gently caress Matt Cardona" chant at the start.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

if Danhausen completely leaned into the Homer in a mumu gimmick and gained 250lbs I would have to cheer for him

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Mr. Meagles posted:

if Danhausen completely leaned into the Homer in a mumu gimmick and gained 250lbs I would have to cheer for him

Every wrestler needs to be at least 200 pounds heavier than they are right now.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CombineThresher posted:

Every wrestler needs to be at least 200 pounds heavier than they are right now.

Rhonne posted:

AJ does not look like a real person anymore.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

It’s still very weird to me that they aired Danhausen’s “I am a serious threat and now you’re all going to pay” interview and iced him again.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

What the gently caress

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

wandler20 posted:

What the gently caress

AJ styles is a firm believer in fossil fuel technology

He loves the gas

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

It’s still very weird to me that they aired Danhausen’s “I am a serious threat and now you’re all going to pay” interview and iced him again.

AEW does this fairly often

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

fez_machine posted:

AEW does this fairly often

it worked for tony khan in tew, so,

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

wandler20 posted:

What the gently caress

Must've listened to Hunter for rehab advice after that injury. Pile on the HGH and tren.

No way anybody puts on that much muscle clean in three months.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Mar 25, 2024

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
TK, I love your booking, but having The Righteous interrupt the Claudio vs Lance Archer match at the start of the big swing sure ain't it lol. It really sticks out when it's the, like, tenth finish like that in the whole history of the promotion, second time this year. Gives me that 'go away heat' people like to talk about; I see them and don't see much particularly noteworthy, so now their most notorious feat is "stopped that match I was enjoying" like the nightmare collective, and stink up lance archer.

Keith vs Kylo is so good, pls pull through Bryan. drat, but O'Riley deserved that, what a drat fine match.

jesus christ HoB is brutalizing the Infantry, just absolute rear end whooping. Oh gently caress, Mark! NO WAY LMAO, they were impressive scrappy underdogs but lol

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Mar 25, 2024

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

Pylons posted:

From what I've heard of that match it wasn't even a comedy match. They tried to work a main event style with nearfalls and poo poo. It sounds dreadful.

They spent like two or three months hyping up Danhausen vs Nihilist Warhorse at some show and made it look like it was going to be some epic showdown instead of two gimmicks colliding with each other

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh we're posting our Masters of the Universe toys in this thread now? Cool I'll... wait a second.... hang on that's... oh God... :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

lmao AJ