Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

The look of a man counting down the snaps until he has to start Zach Wilson again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1771984566938411039

What the hell are the Browns doing??

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Why are you asking us when they very obviously dont even know :confused:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Hot Diggity! posted:

What the hell are the Browns doing??

Losing. It's the Ohio way

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/RobMaaddi/status/1772229371312414857?s=20

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1772232387591618612?t=beiHA5um-DY9XLUm3kEZcw&s=19

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

They're trying to bamboozle some GM into panicking that someone else is going to trade to 4 and take a QB, so they trade up to #4 to take a QB

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hip drop tackle banned.

Fart

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Has anyone suggested putting skirts on em yet

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Hip drop tackle banned.

Fart

Good

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Any time you can give the NFL refs more control over the outcomes of games, you just have to do it.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Given the way they implement the bans on horse collar tackles this is going to go great

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

They're trying to bamboozle some GM into panicking that someone else is going to trade to 4 and take a QB, so they trade up to #4 to take a QB

I don’t think they’re doing Arizonas work for them.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Mar 25, 2024

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

edit: SA being weird, deleting weird double post

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 25, 2024

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

mcmagic posted:

Any time you can give the NFL refs more control over the outcomes of games, you just have to do it.

For the time being it's fines, not flags

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

For the time being it's fines, not flags

It's both. Refs can throw a 15 yard personal foul flag on it. They expect to mostly catch them with fines, but it's still a straight up penalty in game.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Hamhandler posted:

Given the way they implement the bans on horse collar tackles this is going to go great

I don't really have any problem with how enforcement of horse collars have gone. I feel like I maybe see a couple of blown calls per season but that's nothing compared to the hit/miss rate of calling other penalties

Banning hip drops seems pretty reasonable, and although enforcement could go really really badly, it seems like the NFL is fully aware of that going in and wants to err on the side of not loving up games in the moment/prioritizing the most egregious examples. Maybe I'm being naive in their ability to follow through successfully but I feel like this is probably a fine development

xbilkis fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 25, 2024

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

edit: SA being weird, deleting weird double post

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 25, 2024

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t think they’re doing Arizonas work for them.

Why not? Any team that doesn't need to draft a QB wants to see other teams trade up for QB.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/tompelissero/status/1772280701963944235?s=46

so now if the first or second challenge is successful they get a third one

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

xbilkis posted:

I don't really have any problem with how enforcement of horse collars have gone. I feel like I maybe see a couple of blown calls per season but that's nothing compared to the hit/miss rate of calling other penalties
That and the rate of people getting their ankle or knee exploded because of Horse Collars has dropped off significantly. I feel like Hip Drop isnt that different than Horse Collar in that usually people grabbed the horse collar then just fell to the ground; a Hip Drop is getting their shoulders/torso, then dropping to the ground.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Really no idea what their plan is here. Unless they blow up their draft/future picks - they aren't going to leapfrog any of the QB needy teams with better draft position.

This means they're in the Nix/Penix/Rattler tiers of QBs. The first two likely not worth being taken at #12.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Harlock posted:

Really no idea what their plan is here. Unless they blow up their draft/future picks - they aren't going to leapfrog any of the QB needy teams with better draft position.

This means they're in the Nix/Penix/Rattler tiers of QBs. The first two likely not worth being taken at #12.

The Broncos are going to reach and we will love and adore the pick.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The Broncos are going to reach and we will love and adore the pick.

I'm a fan of Penix. I don't know if Sean Payton can tolerate a left handed QB though considering his offense is rigidly structured around a robo QB making good decisions.

I am surprised they haven't tried to acquire Tyson Bagent from Chicago. It would be hysterical if Bagent went for more than Fields did

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1772231172040364441?t=fqneb2ewXeb04L0qGzSo9w&s=19

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jim Harbaugh the insane micromanager.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

We should just put skirts on the offensive players, and allow ankle snapping skirt tackles to mix it up

Plus it might just be the thing uniforms need for a fun new aesthetic

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

xbilkis posted:

Banning hip drops seems pretty reasonable, and although enforcement could go really really badly, it seems like the NFL is fully aware of that going in and wants to err on the side of not loving up games in the moment/prioritizing the most egregious examples. Maybe I'm being naive in their ability to follow through successfully but I feel like this is probably a fine development

It’s a success in that you don’t see the Roy Williams style stuff anymore, but the rule bans any grabbing of the collar or that area when the issue was more specific than that. The safety issue was the dropping straight down to try to fold a guys lower body under himself, they call a bunch of stuff that isn’t a safety issue these days

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I thought the ban was specifically falling on the legs, not grabbing the hip and simply going to the ground.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/JoriEpstein/status/1772288979762634928

lol this is going to be such a clusterfuck

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Vertical Lime posted:

https://x.com/tompelissero/status/1772280701963944235?s=46

so now if the first or second challenge is successful they get a third one

the takeaway is John Harbaugh will continue to have two challenges

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1772285073120711025

?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

They're so gonna gently caress this up, lol

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

gently caress the cowboys

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, going by that video... if that's all going to be fined, then man, just don't have tackle football

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The only one of those hits where I'm even a little iffy on whether the hip drop could be avoided is the Chiefs-Bengals play. Defenders having to be conscious about form when they're making a tackle isn't going to be the end of the world

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Ok now imagine being a referee on the field not seeing a perfect angle of several of those tackles with other bodies partially obscuring their view, and add on the general margin of error they already have on clear calls

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hip drop tackles are for lovely players who don't know proper technique and has no place in football at any level. It's wreckless and dangerous.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

The337th posted:

Ok now imagine being a referee on the field not seeing a perfect angle of several of those tackles with other bodies partially obscuring their view, and add on the general margin of error they already have on clear calls

They should be instructed to only call it if they have a definitive view of it with the knowledge that enforcement can also come via fines if necessary. (It would probably also be good if this was a penalty that the replay judge could make a quick correction on)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

wandler20 posted:

Hip drop tackles are for lovely players who don't know proper technique and has no place in football at any level. It's wreckless and dangerous.

I'm sure NFL refs, who we all know are great at their jobs, will call this accurately and consistently.