Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You can combine any flower with any other flower and create Bunch of Flowers that way. Keep an eye out as you're trekking. Just make sure to deposit them into storage in time, because they can still wilt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Archer felt WAY better once I realized you can use skills without having to aim.
Dire Shot even fires off perfectly. No timing required!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Captain Brant warned that continuing his quest chain will "change things". Should I make sure to finish all the other quests I have going on before doing the coronation or...?

Only thing thats happened to me so far is it cut off of a few quests that are meant to get you to that point.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Jack Trades posted:

Captain Brant warned that continuing his quest chain will "change things". Should I make sure to finish all the other quests I have going on before doing the coronation or...?

Literally nothing changes. It's extremely anticlimatic lol

Edit: Actually, anyone tried doing that quest without your main pawn summoned?

Broken Cog fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 25, 2024

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

or you know, the steam store lol

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Turns out my complaint that a quest froze me out of my menu was a bug. It was always fired at the same time from the same event in the quest...even after multiple reloads...not sure why but I couldn't open my menus, could interact with everything normally but I was invincible to all damage. Anyway I had to hard close DD2 but when I came back everything worked ok, thank goodness.

Also I have to say, it feels great when you finish a quest and one of your Hired Pawns says "Well done! When my master did that quest, they were not able to <do whatever thing you did>".

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Broken Cog posted:

I had 2 quests auto-fail when I did it that weren’t Brant’s quests

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Lakbay posted:

I had 2 quests auto-fail when I did it that weren’t Brant’s quests

Any idea which ones they were because nothing at all changed in my game.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah off the top of my head I'm sure the one where you got back to melve to check on it and the mayor runs away ends prematurely

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I keep having new poo poo to talk to him about after doing a bunch of side quests then doing one of his and returning to the bar. There seems to be a ton of interconnections in this.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I went out of my way to make sure I'd done every single quest in the log (except the one that makes you go to Battahl) when I did the coronation "quest", just because I'm assuming it's like DD1 where the game is broken up into phases and some, though not all, side quests will fail when the phase changes. Whenever someone says that you should finish up anything you care about before proceeding, I'd believe them.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Babe Magnet posted:

yeah off the top of my head I'm sure the one where you got back to melve to check on it and the mayor runs away ends prematurely

Yeah it was this one and a bugged quest that failed for me.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Babe Magnet posted:

Ah yes, the one with the descriptive objective "find them", and no hints on where they went to. I was lucky one of the pawns I hired knew where she'd gone.

Ok, if that one gets canceled, that kinda sucks, because that's how you get the fighter maister scroll.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Really suggest you use the Oracle, if the quest doesn't give you guidance. Paid my 50 gold and gotten good hints every time.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Insanite posted:

honestly baffled at the amount of internet vitriol happening about this game. it's a big release and maybe that just draws out a lot of 'gamers,' but jfc i do not give a poo poo if you can spend two bucks on gold that you'd otherwise find by adventuring for 10 minutes.

playstation performance is fine. not great. fine. having quite a good time.

yeah, wtf. it feels like about half of the pubbie pawns that turn up haven't seen any TLC.

I'm glad I cut out all videogame discussions outside of SA. It's like stepping out of a nice air conditioned room where everyone is having a good time playing and talking about games. Then you step outside and the ground is melting because people are so angry and roving around looking for poo poo to rage at.

Why do have to be mad, it's a fun game.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Broken Cog posted:

Ah yes, the one with the descriptive objective "find them", and no hints on where they went to. I was lucky one of the pawns I hired knew where she'd gone.
It's not exactly lucky - you can explicitly hire a pawn that has quest knowledge if you want. It's something you can filter for in the pawn search. Of course, then you have to blindly follow them to her which can be quite a long way away. Otherwise, I really like that the quest makes you actually find a person who has gone into hiding as opposed to just giving you obvious breadcrumbs. I found her essentially by accident because I still had a quest there.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Really suggest you use the Oracle, if the quest doesn't give you guidance. Paid my 50 gold and gotten good hints every time.

I've gotten a generic one a couple of times, annoyingly.

But yeah during that quest you do get a hint, Lenny tells you that she went to a village that could take on the residents of Melve when they escape, so check all the villages you know lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ok bye thread, see you in a few months.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Always feel a little bad when a “get an overleveled pawn for free” rift spits out a CAPCOM pawn, I don’t want to scab I want to support a fellow arisen for letting me use Lump Shitass

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol whoops

Cheers

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I feel like the progression in this game is kinda funny. I did pretty much everything in Vermund, and am like level 30 in Battahl now and have all my skills unlocked. I just want to be a sorcerer, there's no vocations that I'm interested besides it. I know the game is like "you should try them all!" but I don't want to. I'm just gonna keep casting hagol, levin, seism and meteoron at people I guess.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Broken Cog posted:

Edit: Actually, anyone tried doing that quest without your main pawn summoned?

How do you unsummon your main pawn

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Archer felt WAY better once I realized you can use skills without having to aim.
Dire Shot even fires off perfectly. No timing required!

Magic archer had a quick fire skill and it does not work like that and I have no idea why. Archer does so they clearly made a choice to make quick fire terrible, but i don’t know why

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

SHISHKABOB posted:

throw them into any body of water.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

SHISHKABOB posted:

there's water all over the place and your pawn needs swimming lessons

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

SHISHKABOB posted:

I feel like the progression in this game is kinda funny. I did pretty much everything in Vermund, and am like level 30 in Battahl now and have all my skills unlocked. I just want to be a sorcerer, there's no vocations that I'm interested besides it. I know the game is like "you should try them all!" but I don't want to. I'm just gonna keep casting hagol, levin, seism and meteoron at people I guess.

I'm staying wizard too but you gotta spread it out for a bit for augments at least. Fighter gets one that gives you extra carrying capacity, which is ESSENTIAL for a player like me lol

At least they removed that annoying thing from the first game where where your stats on levelup were tied to your current vocation, so if you spent 150 levels on reds but wanted to be a blue later you were so much shittier at it than everyone else lol

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
"Has anyone noticed that no one in our party can cast healing magic?"
Buddy what the hell are you talking about I hired a mage like 2 minutes ago
*sees giant puddle of red goop in the ravine below us*
oh

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Babe Magnet posted:

I'm staying wizard too but you gotta spread it out for a bit for augments at least. Fighter gets one that gives you extra carrying capacity, which is ESSENTIAL for a player like me lol

Thief has an augment that makes enemies less likely to target you which seems very useful for squishy wizard types

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yeah that one's useful too, but I'm so used to wrestle-maging it up and tossing small nerds off cliffs that I get annoyed when they won't come to me lol

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Volte posted:

It's not exactly lucky - you can explicitly hire a pawn that has quest knowledge if you want. It's something you can filter for in the pawn search. Of course, then you have to blindly follow them to her which can be quite a long way away. Otherwise, I really like that the quest makes you actually find a person who has gone into hiding as opposed to just giving you obvious breadcrumbs. I found her essentially by accident because I still had a quest there.

This is exactly what happened to me, even after you finish that quest they imply you should go back there at some point to check in.

Y'know, just spitballing here, but I think the reason that certain people are having such trouble with this game is because they either are too young or don't remember a time where games didn't constantly erect guardrails and spoon-feed the player. There has DEFINITELY been some stuff here that's been obtuse or silly but largely if you follow the clues the game lays out you'll do ok.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I blame Ubisoft, but also that's my default stance on most problems with games these days anyway lol

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I can't stop playing the game. Send help!

Scratch that. Send instant noodles and cans of Monster Energy Ultra White.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/sCP1hRX.mp4

I appreciate this animation

E: Also this really does show those pawns who say "I will stand close to you" were not kidding at all.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jimlit posted:

throw them into any body of water.

oh : )

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

"Has anyone noticed that no one in our party can cast healing magic?"
Buddy what the hell are you talking about I hired a mage like 2 minutes ago
*sees giant puddle of red goop in the ravine below us*
oh

Now there’s a thought.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

But seriously, let me pick up a rat!

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Vermain posted:

the "easiest" way of getting gold is to repeatedly camp by the river in western vermund by the destroyed bridge to respawn the drakes to the south and to the north and kill them over and over. wyrmslife crystals sell for 1.5k per and you get about 10-15ish per drake kill, so you can easily fill your pockets if you're able to kill drakes efficiently

Guess I'll be broke for awhile because drakes have kicked my rear end on the rare occasions I've tried to fight them. I'm like level 32 or so now, maybe it'll go better next time. I should probably sell off some monster materials (at least ones I have a lot of) but my hoarder brain makes me obssess over whether or not I'll need them for upgrades later on.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Volte posted:

Yeah I do wish if a pawn was going to try to run all the way to Melve they would at least say "we're going to Melve" first so I can just hop on the oxcart. This also goes for any other location that would be an extremely long walk but I already have a portcrystal there.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

The bizarre choice to either make the mage an auto-include or....I don't know how you would work around it. Spend a couple of hours on supply runs to stock up on five dozen fruit robents?

If there's a Dragon's Dogma 3 I hope they make a Paladin/Cleric style class or SOME way to get health back that doesn't involve one magick Vocation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Having anodyne was a big deal in DD1 too but sorcerers being able to cast it meant 2 out of 6 pawn classes could heal which felt a lot better than just 1