Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Imagine the campaign being 25+ hours and still unskippable. The POE 2 promise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
The reddit/react streamer meltdown will be hella content at least. As well as the tongue-in-cheek apology/rebalance messaging from ggg.

wemgo fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 25, 2024

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I'm in!!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I am having trouble visualizing how the wasd stuff will work on a controller without it being enter the gungeon.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

xZAOx posted:

One of the streamers mentioned it from their event. The entire zone resets when you die, which includes any loot that had dropped that you hadn't picked up yet.
lol and lmao if they keep this poo poo in

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to try Occultist Forbidden Rite with Fourth Vow & stuff this league, not a clue what I'd level with until I get to the point I can actually use forbidden rite, though.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
The gently caress is these meltdowns

uelder is like any other poe boss, get enough dps to phase it and that's it

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

xZAOx posted:

One of the streamers mentioned it from their event. The entire zone resets when you die, which includes any loot that had dropped that you hadn't picked up yet.

LE does it because it has engine limitations
GGG does it because they want the game to be hard but that is not hard, that's dumb.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

also hot take

if a boss or a mob or really anything is designed to oneshot you no matter what defences etc, has pinpoint precision, aim and lightspeed then its not hard, its overtuned
overcoming a overtuned thing isnt a virtue
and im not talking maven time blast oneshot, which is mechanically avoidable

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

External Organs posted:

I am having trouble visualizing how the wasd stuff will work on a controller without it being enter the gungeon.

Where's the problem? Nuclear Throne is a better game than PoE

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

nuclear throne has two buttons and they put them on the back buttons, just like gungeon for the most part. presumably thats what they mean bcos currently on pad poe works fine as you have four face buttons and then r2 or l2 as modifiers to give you another 8, flasks on shoulders and dpad. that doesnt lend itself to movement and aiming on controller without restricting yourself to mostly four buttons

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I love Bloodborne but I don't want to play the whole game every three months and that has like half as many bosses as PoE2.

I agree with Stux on the perspective thing, isometric view is just never going to allow these boss fights to feel close to the spectacle of a souls game and that's a big part of the appeal

Jonathan said something in the Zizaran interview when talking about bosses that I just 100% disagreed with. He said there's no reason a low level boss should be any less complex than an endgame boss. Even putting aside the apparently alien idea that games should get more challenging as they progress, PoE2 still has skill gems and socket numbers gated behind character levels so why would I want to do an endgame boss fight while I'm still bouncing 2 link magma orbs through a firewall

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

I was sort of excited to make the demigods I have into mtx. They were just going to stay in the tabs forever. Then I actually looked at the art and its all basically garbage. The sword looks kinda cool I guess. Do we know if they keep the increased character size?

marie_eh fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Mar 25, 2024

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Tarnop posted:

I love Bloodborne but I don't want to play the whole game every three months and that has like half as many bosses as PoE2.

I agree with Stux on the perspective thing, isometric view is just never going to allow these boss fights to feel close to the spectacle of a souls game and that's a big part of the appeal

Jonathan said something in the Zizaran interview when talking about bosses that I just 100% disagreed with. He said there's no reason a low level boss should be any less complex than an endgame boss. Even putting aside the apparently alien idea that games should get more challenging as they progress, PoE2 still has skill gems and socket numbers gated behind character levels so why would I want to do an endgame boss fight while I'm still bouncing 2 link magma orbs through a firewall

Median xl does something like this that works well where you get basically permanent powerups for each boss that you kill in it and it's a cool system of progression that incentivizes you to do everything more than just grinding out the raw xp for levels. I believe they've said they intend for something somewhat similar (albeit probably less impactful than the charms median gives out? because those end up being a major part of your character power) for killing various bosses.

That said, one of the fairly common responses to poe 2 has been 'do they actually expect people to play this for a bunch of hours a day?' and yeah you have to wonder about that.

idk, i'm extremely glad that they stopped trying to turn poe into their vision for poe 2 because while I'm extremely willing to try some poo poo they cook up, poe 1 is about as close to what I want from an arpg as has probably ever happened or will ever happen. the one thing i agree with stux on in particular here is that arpgs are just fun as hell as meta progression journeys and for some reason arpg devs keep getting ideas that they need to make something deliberately high brow or, like, wildly different from what people already love. I'm happy that the impulse turned out a new game that looks interesting, but I'm relieved that they appear to have accepted the current state of poe as a compelling thing in its own right that doesn't need to be transformed into some hardcore arpg soulslike because other than some devs and the like 25 people playing ruthless, literally no one wanted that.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 25, 2024

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

xZAOx posted:

Wait really? That's kinda insane lol

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I've never beaten Uber Elder but that's usually because I get distracted by something shiny long before I assemble all the fragments and such necessary to do so. (Back in the olden days I got to him once but couldn't manage the fight with the build I had.)

I don't really like PoE's pinnacle boss fights/obstacle courses that a boss happens to be coincidentally present for much though, so I just don't do them. There's plenty of other endgame poo poo to do.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
My league starter is league starter paralysis

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

External Organs posted:

Yeah, I'm kind of in that mode right now too - I want to start Witch to hear the new dialogue, but I don't know what build I want to go with. What builds are all the Witch players here going with?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I keep wondering about necro holy relic chaos but I can't figure out what attack skill to use to proc it. Maybe a 4 link dom blow?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

DaveWoo posted:

Yeah, I'm kind of in that mode right now too - I want to start Witch to hear the new dialogue, but I don't know what build I want to go with. What builds are all the Witch players here going with?

I might try death's oath occultist this season

Or I might skip it because having to arrange enemy buffs in a pop up menu every time you zone sounds like the most tedious poo poo imaginable

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

External Organs posted:

Yeah I'm stumped. I wanted to run some sort of deadeye build with good single point damage but apparently that doesn't exist anymore. Now I have no idea and I'm running out of time to pick something. I may end up just sitting this league out again if I can't figure something out. Completely open to suggestions.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I wonder how much profit there will be to made building a quick lab runner to farm trans gems early on. I know all the builds I’m considering will run them.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

graynull posted:

I wonder how much profit there will be to made building a quick lab runner to farm trans gems early on. I know all the builds I’m considering will run them.

Starting LA deadeye and farming merc lab for coc dd gems will be $$ for a day or two id imagine.

Just dont burnout running lab

Here’s rue’s spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQPjbbblTprKCo5dTrOB6bml-CXze1rwFKM7RUnsG09aT_2t-xEyKxKiJrSzswCEb_CMd0QLE2XEC5W/pubhtml

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i loaded up my cocfr character just to remember what it was like and im going to play witch not scion now because i want to do cocfr again lol idk what starter tho. might torture myself with chaos dot or poison ls occultist, or just do ignite ele of some sort. will probably just leave it to impulse on the day at this point and freehand up until maps and then see how im feeling

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I am going with Rue's Inquis COC DD:https://pobb.in/IoGKBegkp0vA

With T17 maps being a thing, the league mechanic adding difficulty to your maps, and the relative poverty level we will be experiencing compared to last league, playing something tanky that can work on a minimal gear seems important.

I don't have anywhere near the level of decision paralysis I have going into most leagues.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Tarnop posted:

Yeah, couldn't agree more. I really feel like the only zone they like in PoE1 is The Coast and Mud Flats, where you get bodied because your character is literally nothing yet. It's like they hate that progression in a numbers game lets you eventually get big enough numbers to feel that progression.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I love coc desecrate in that setup. That's pretty smart and I may also try that.

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Indeed, the coc dd inq build seems to be the best bet right now. Once the league mechanic gets revealed that may change.

Archmage looks good too but mana stacking gear will be $$, especially if you’re not a full time poe player.

We still havent seen the transfigured ele hit gem numbers.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

DaveWoo posted:

Ignite WoC or Poison SHR. Want to see the Transfigured SHR gem.

External Organs posted:

I keep wondering about necro holy relic chaos but I can't figure out what attack skill to use to proc it. Maybe a 4 link dom blow?

Cyclone or Static Strike. The former gives you the most mobility, but you have to fiddle with attack speed/cooldown synchronization (SHR has a cooldown of 300ms, which gets rounded up to 333ms because of server tick rounding, so you want your attack speed to be at or just slightly under some multiple of 3/s). The latter you do have to stop to swing once in a while, but you let the beams do the proc'ing ("...you'll frequently hit a number of nearby enemies with beams, dealing attack damage"). Level 18/19 = beam cooldown of 330ms.

You can probably guess which skill I used when did SHR ages ago (when it was even more complicated because alt quality SHR and that version of the hat messed with the SHR's cooldown).

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Double post. Updates to patch notes:

quote:

Updates to Patch Notes
We'll maintain a list of new and updated patch notes here.

Updated Patch Notes:

Old:
*Stacked Decks, Diviner's Strongboxes, and Divination Cards obtained as rewards from various content can no longer drop Divination Cards for Boss-exclusive Unique Items.
New:
*Stacked Decks, Diviner's Strongboxes, and Divination Cards obtained as rewards from various content can no longer drop Divination Cards for Boss-exclusive Items.

New Patch Notes:

Scarab Rework
The Harvest crafting option to change a stack of Scarabs to a different type has been removed.

Skill Gem Changes
Convocation: Now has a maximum gem level of 1. It now provides "Regenerate 2% of Life per second" (previously 0.7% at gem level 1, scaling up to 1.65% at gem level 20). It now has a level requirement of Level 31 (previously 24 at gem level 1), and requires 73 Intelligence (previously 58 at gem level 1). These changes do not affect existing versions of this item.

Item Changes
The Mechalarm Belt is no longer obtainable in Heist. It has been replaced with the new Mechanical Belt, which has the "Has 1 Socket" Implicit modifier.
Added a new Suffix modifier that can roll on Minion Wands and Shields that grants level 1 Convocation Skill.

Quest Reward Changes
Convocation is no longer offered to the Witch for completing Lost in Love, and is no longer purchasable from Clarissa by the Templar or Scion. Siosa still has this available for purchase.

Bug Fixes
Fixed a bug where Rain of Arrows of Artillery would target its own location if it could not find a target.

Convocation change is interesting and probably for the better.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

whypick1 posted:

Want to see the Transfigured SHR gem.

Oh holy poo poo! I didn't even realize there was gonna be one.

Wonder if it'll trigger with spells instead. Or...Regen mana instead of life?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Wonder how many builds would be willing to give up belt effects for a singular socket, belts are nearly on the same level as amulets for overall powerlevel aren't they?

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

Einwand posted:

Wonder how many builds would be willing to give up belt effects for a singular socket, belts are nearly on the same level as amulets for overall powerlevel aren't they?

This probably a token gift to melee and minion builds.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

quote:

Scarab Rework
The Harvest crafting option to change a stack of Scarabs to a different type has been removed.

why are they doing this to me lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

updated patch notes: picking harvest nodes on the atlas tree or using a harvest scarab was previously not bsoding the players pc as intended. this interaction has now been fixed.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Einwand posted:

Gem socket pressure is heavy currently. This gives an option other than unsets if you need the chaos res or unique ring more than (usually) the abyssal socket if you’re using a rare belt. MB and HH are super busted but the ammy slot is generally more important at lower levels of investment - even more with the buffed Yoke.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
mrrrrgggghhhh need a build

considering psrs necro though getting your early pieces is pain and just doing regular srs is what actually took the hit from the nerf, I guess popcorn is an option, still feels like much more of a second build than a starter to me

also some flavor of ignite ele but woc is definitely the best choice and I tried that once and hated how it felt, I suppose I could always do tried and tested eab but I'm not in the mood for it atm, why can't ignite arc be good ggg :(

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you could always do frost blink + flameblast. no idea if its actually good or even league startable but hell. i saw it somewhere. thus

Andohz
Aug 15, 2004

World's Strongest Smelly Hobo

DaveWoo posted:

Absolution, the lack of guides for non-guardian Absolution makes me a bit nervous but if it sucks I can just pivot to some other minion build. I'm gonna try to focus on bossing this league, hopefully the leech ascendancy node helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Andohz posted:

Absolution, the lack of guides for non-guardian Absolution makes me a bit nervous but if it sucks I can just pivot to some other minion build. I'm gonna try to focus on bossing this league, hopefully the leech ascendancy node helps.

https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/absolution-necromancer-build-guide

Warning: Doryani's Prototype (and not updated yet for 3.24, but he's working on updating his guides)