Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kwolok posted:

Didn't they recently reduce his weird motion sickness effect?

They did and it helps a lot. Plague is still a bit rough for me to play against at times, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AsHohEnRUs

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

I'm glad they doubled the community bonus for the event because every single one of my games looks like this now.
Re: the build and killer: Smerchant can earn like 2k BP per down+hook if the survivor has a claw trap on them, so she's my go-to farm killer now. Anyone who doesn't immediately throw a temper tantrum about her gets 2 hooked and gets to live. The build is there for laughs but it's actually surprisingly useful if you don't care about gens or kills.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe
Midnight Ghost Hunt came out of Early Access yesterday. Has anyone here played it? Any thoughts on the game? The concept seems interesting, but I haven't heard a peep about it from the usual content creator crowd.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Lonjon posted:

Midnight Ghost Hunt came out of Early Access yesterday. Has anyone here played it? Any thoughts on the game? The concept seems interesting, but I haven't heard a peep about it from the usual content creator crowd.

It was a very fun game but its fun is really only in its novelty I found. The actual "meta" game of it is somewhat insufferable. As a fun prop hunt hide n seek its very cute but when its starts getting sweaty it loses all appeal for me.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Not sure it’s a good sign that the game is 66% off days after release

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

So it seems that as Doctor if you kick a gen with Unforeseen your terror radius gets set to that gen, meaning you can fire Static Blasts out of the gen. This isn't exactly practical but it's funny as gently caress when it works

You can also pair it with Ultimate Weapon so you know when someone is near that gen by the screaming, which is even funnier

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

DeathChicken posted:

So it seems that as Doctor if you kick a gen with Unforeseen your terror radius gets set to that gen, meaning you can fire Static Blasts out of the gen. This isn't exactly practical but it's funny as gently caress when it works

You can also pair it with Ultimate Weapon so you know when someone is near that gen by the screaming, which is even funnier

You can do the same with Dark Devotion. :)

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

You can do the same with Dark Devotion. :)

If you run both you get two terror radii and you can static blast/UW both. It owns.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Playing Killer. No strong advantage or anything, playing loving Clown of all people, had someone try to kill herself early on. Didn't seem like an accessibility thing since she didn't give up *immediately*. Sure enough, I let someone unhook her and she just stands there in front of me waiting for me to down her, and when I shake my head like "bro play the loving game" and try to leave she DCs.

So I kill her bot, let the rest of the team go. In endgame, their Sable leads me to the basement. She points to the corner like "stand there, please".

Then out of nowhere comes Gabriel and the two of them crouch in front of me emoting as hard as they can for like a solid 20-30 seconds in what I can only assume is Sex In Dead By Daylight before Gabriel flashbangs me and runs away.

This game is so loving funny and stupid and I will never quit

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I swear there's some sort of law that the higher prestige level a survivor is, the more likely they are to kill themselves on first hook no matter what happened.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I swear there's some sort of law that the higher prestige level a survivor is, the more likely they are to kill themselves on first hook no matter what happened.

I think we're reaping the seeds BHVR sowed like two years ago when they made disconnecting no or low penalty, whether for a long period of time and turned it back on or not. I'm not sure really, I just remember they did it and I don't DC on principle.

This video sold me on the theory that the longer somebody plays DbD the more bitter and intolerant of anything but "could be a good match to me personally" becomes, with the average seasoned player flirting with ditching 1/3 to 1/2 of their matches on irrational principle alone. Running every killer in the game past four 66-73% chance to accept checks will give you some pretty brutal skewed odds.

They're not the best statistics since ironing out statistical data is a meaty science but it about tracks with the community attitudes in the last year or two. A comment also nails the real killing data point not in the video, which makes the video paint a much more optimistic picture.

"You could also add in other factors to further cut from the "I'm having a good time" pie. Like let's say I enjoy...70% of killers. That's alright right? Only 30% of the time I dislike the Killer's power.

Oh. But now they're playing ruthlessly. Turbo tunnel or proxy camping. And/or running an obnoxious build/4 slowdowns. That kills some of that 70%.

Or maybe I like the Killer. And so do two of my teammates. But one doesn't. So they DC. Now that match is ruined despite being set up, in my eyes, to be a good match."

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I logged back in to play The Unknown and was almost instantly reminded why I’ve given this game a hiatus.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Do I use Ultimate Weapon? No
Do I find it irritating and overtuned to go against in its current state? Yes
Do I think it should be changed? Yes
Am I a survivor main? Yes
Am I absolutely living seeing the same survivor mains crying over it who vehemently defended poo poo like old DS, DH, COH, MFT, saying it wasn't that bad and killers are just whiny and entitled and don't want survivors to have fun? Oh hell yeah

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I know why it happens and it makes sense on some level but I really wish the 'out of game' sides didn't have to be so at eachothers throats. Seeing killer mains defend the awful eruption/brine meta because Survivors had old DS/old Object/old keys in the past, etc. It doesn't have to be "tit for tat" you don't need to take turns having unfun OP stuff...it should just be fun for everyone instead!!!

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I know why it happens and it makes sense on some level but I really wish the 'out of game' sides didn't have to be so at eachothers throats. Seeing killer mains defend the awful eruption/brine meta because Survivors had old DS/old Object/old keys in the past, etc. It doesn't have to be "tit for tat" you don't need to take turns having unfun OP stuff...it should just be fun for everyone instead!!!

No, yeah, I agree that the game should be, before everything else, fun for both sides. I don't think any unfun perks or mechanics should exist for Anyone.

It's just hard not to feel a little bit smug when the same people who defended miserable poo poo are now buckling as soon as they have to deal with something that isn't nearly as bad.

But at the end of the day I wish this game was free of toxicity on all sides. I really do.

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023
A lot of this traces back to gens. They are only tolerable when you have a chance of winning, the second a snowball starts they become nauseating, this is compounded by how narrow the survivor path to exitgates is.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Status icons were a long overdue feature and it is objectively good that they are in but I swear they also act as such a morale killer sometimes. It really just deflates you when you're doing everything right in a chase against a killer that's overcomitting, and the whole time you see no gen icons pop for even a second on your teams HUD. I really have no idea what some people are doing in this game, I've definitely gotten turned around and had a hard time finding gens time to time but like...No gens are done, they're everywhere, how are you not doing ANYTHING??

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Then you bring aura reading and you can see what they're doing, crouching around the map and waiting for everyone else to die

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Then you bring aura reading and you can see what they're doing, crouching around the map and waiting for everyone else to die

this is why kindred is both the best and worst solo queue perk

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Relyssa posted:

this is why kindred is both the best and worst solo queue perk

"Okay, there's the guy on hook, there's Bill running in... where's the third teammate?"

The sad realization of them being in a locker, every time

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Speaking of Ultimate Weapon... Even if you bring Calm Spirit, it still blinds you, so Kindred gets turned off.

Another gently caress you to solo queue

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I still don't understand why UW has a blind attached. Seems excessive.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I am DYING on HOOK with OPEN HANDED and etc etc

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

So do people really just go hide in a locker and AFK until they can get hatch? Like I guess that'd be an easy way to farm but it seems... dull

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

I once had someone run Boil Over and spend literally ten minutes fast vaulting on top of Crotus Penn while I killed all their teammates and ignored them, there is no bottom floor to a survivor trying to be annoying

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

DeathChicken posted:

I once had someone run Boil Over and spend literally ten minutes fast vaulting on top of Crotus Penn while I killed all their teammates and ignored them, there is no bottom floor to a survivor trying to be annoying

the funniest version is when they do this and you finally go up there and grab them out of their locker just for them to find out that you have Agitation and easily bring them to a hook

And then they immediately DC/ragequit because of course they do lmao

this is part of why I always bring agitation (the other part being that it loving rules)

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

the funniest version is when they do this and you finally go up there and grab them out of their locker just for them to find out that you have Agitation and easily bring them to a hook

And then they immediately DC/ragequit because of course they do lmao

this is part of why I always bring agitation (the other part being that it loving rules)

It really baffles me that Agitation isn't run more. It's so good. Agi + Iron Grasp so you can just haul a survivor to anywhere on the map owns even harder.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

At a bare minimum I’ll bring it on 110 killers if I’m using a Scourge Hook perk.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The weird spikes that pop out when a gen is kick blocked look terrible. You seriously cannot tell if the gen is regressing anymore visually or even how complete it is since the searingly bright spikes obscure the whole thing at a glance.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Please I am begging for a little matchmaking consistency

Like hypothetically let's say the skill exists on a scale of 1 to 10000 and I'm at, say, 4000. I'm not expecting a perfect 4000 match every time. I understand that's not feasible. I'm okay with 3000-5000. Maybe even a bit higher or lower as-needed. I understand matchmaking is a fallible system and people will naturally have 'off' matches or be carried in ways that put them occasionally lower or higher than they should be, as well. As long as there's some relative consistency from match to match, I can deal with people who are significantly higher or lower than me.

But please... please do not swing me between 500 and 7000 in the span of two matches. The rubbernecking is just loving exhausting.

3 hooks against a high prestige team that isn't even SWF and perfectly dodges all of my Pyramid Head M2s then, immediately after, same time same killer same matchmaking bonus, going against a team with people who run in a straight line even when I have my knife in the ground and drop pallets then run... :cripes:

Tiny Myers fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Mar 25, 2024

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Patch day: Twins re-enabled, Oni lunge bug fixed, Event eyeball offering still killswitched, and potential incoming Haddonfield survivor buffs

https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/439

https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1772292504903118956

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

curiousTerminal posted:

Event eyeball offering still killswitched

pretty good job

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

pretty good job

They also said in the replies that it's not coming back sooooooo avoid them in your bloodwebs people!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You should be able to melt down offerings you don't want for BP. Let me get rid of all these map offerings I will literally never use!!!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The only offering I use is Gideon’s when I have a pallet-munching tome challenge.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

They also said in the replies that it's not coming back sooooooo avoid them in your bloodwebs people!

absolutely incredible

we gave up lunar new year for this

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I mean the eyes never even affected event BP, right? Or was that yet another bug?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

I mean the eyes never even affected event BP, right? Or was that yet another bug?

Correct, they disabled them because they were cancelling out other BP offerings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I know they shut off other BP offerings, but were they ever intended to increase BP themselves? Because that was not on the tooltip.