Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

"Trump, who was attending a separate hearing in his criminal hush money case in New York, posted on his Truth Social platform that he would post a bond, securities or cash to cover the $175 million sum."

The fact he can't comment on this because he's in ANOTHER hearing and he's the person the GOP want running the country is just insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Another note on Truth stock. Stocks' value really lie in their potential value, not their currently reality. Tesla stock is a great example. Their market cap is currently 11x the value of Ford. Ford is a very established, recognizable, and profitable brand for many decades. Tesla has been burning cash like it was nothing up until the last few years. Look at car line ups and does it look like Tesla is 11x the company that Ford is? Not by my standards, but that is not how this works. Tesla is seen as an innovator in the space, is trending upward in revenue and income, and is a "sexy" company whereas Ford has been mostly flat for a long time and is old.

Back to Truth, do investors believe it will grow? Do they think they will get new users and pull in more money? Do they think if they pay X for it today, they will be able to get X+1 or more from someone else at some point? There is definitely an argument to be made that if Trump wins the presidency, it will be more valuable than now because he will use that platform exclusively to continue to inflate its value. Illegal as hell but it was clear from his first term that no one will fight it so why not. If he doesn't win though, the platform will likely continue to fade in to obscurity and the stock will be junk quickly. There is definitely a ceiling to that stock no matter what because it is basically "Trump stock" so there is a huge audience that won't touch it based on principal. Either way, he isn't going to just "profit $3B" by this whole thing for a million reasons, but it could be either worthless or pretty valuable based on what happens over the next year.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

pro starcraft loser posted:

"Trump, who was attending a separate hearing in his criminal hush money case in New York, posted on his Truth Social platform that he would post a bond, securities or cash to cover the $175 million sum."

The fact he can't comment on this because he's in ANOTHER hearing and he's the person the GOP want running the country is just insane.

Also, they don't actually want him running the country, the GOP are all just cowards who are terrified of being eaten by their chud base if they don't genuflect to the Fatbeast, lol

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

the mathematical formula for market cap is:

(total # of shares) * (current market price for shares) + (whatever amount of money a foreign government will pay for those shares so that they can bribe a guy who might become president)

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Asterite34 posted:

God this thread is insufferable today

If you ain't here to LOL, don't post, good Lord

I'm quite sure Trump will soon tweet out some all caps lunacy or accidentally salute the CEO of ISIS or mispronounce a word literal toddlers with undeveloped brains can say flawlessly and it will get us laughing again and take our minds off the thing that will never actually happen.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

nine-gear crow posted:

I'm quite sure Trump will soon tweet out some all caps lunacy or accidentally salute the CEO of ISIS or mispronounce a word literal toddlers with undeveloped brains can say flawlessly and it will get us laughing again and take our minds off the thing that will never actually happen.

Judge Engoron has refused to obey the decision of the Appellate Division relative to the Statute of Limitations. This is a confrontation between a Judge and those that rule above him - A very bad situation in which to place New York State and the Rule of Law! Engoron has disrespected the Appellate Division and its very clear and precise ruling. He should be made to do so, and at the same time, release the GAG ORDER. This is the 5th time in this case that he has been overturned, a record. His credibility, and that of Letitia James, has been shattered. We will abide by the decision of the Appellate Division, and post either a bond, equivalent securities, or cash. This also shows how ridiculous and outrageous Engoron’s original decision was at $450 Million. I DID NOTHING WRONG, AND NEW YORK SHOULD NEVER BE PUT IN A POSITION LIKE THIS AGAIN. BUSINESSES ARE FLEEING, VIOLENT CRIME IS FLOURISHING, AND IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT THIS BE RESOLVED IN ITS TOTALITY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. THANK YOU!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

this is the american politics containment thread

drat, I was looking for some good chocolate chip cookie recipes and I must have misclicked

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

donald ttrump is going to full-on make out with a north korean general during his second term

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

My name is TRUMP
and I’m here to DUMP

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Trump is gonna have to get started on those 175 million handies if he wants to pay that bond in 10 days.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Lifespan posted:

Another note on Truth stock. Stocks' value really lie in their potential value, not their currently reality. Tesla stock is a great example. Their market cap is currently 11x the value of Ford. Ford is a very established, recognizable, and profitable brand for many decades. Tesla has been burning cash like it was nothing up until the last few years. Look at car line ups and does it look like Tesla is 11x the company that Ford is? Not by my standards, but that is not how this works. Tesla is seen as an innovator in the space, is trending upward in revenue and income, and is a "sexy" company whereas Ford has been mostly flat for a long time and is old.

Back to Truth, do investors believe it will grow? Do they think they will get new users and pull in more money? Do they think if they pay X for it today, they will be able to get X+1 or more from someone else at some point? There is definitely an argument to be made that if Trump wins the presidency, it will be more valuable than now because he will use that platform exclusively to continue to inflate its value. Illegal as hell but it was clear from his first term that no one will fight it so why not. If he doesn't win though, the platform will likely continue to fade in to obscurity and the stock will be junk quickly. There is definitely a ceiling to that stock no matter what because it is basically "Trump stock" so there is a huge audience that won't touch it based on principal. Either way, he isn't going to just "profit $3B" by this whole thing for a million reasons, but it could be either worthless or pretty valuable based on what happens over the next year.

they think some billionaire will get high and offer to buy it for the weed number and they'll all be rewarded for their naked greed noble stand

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Lifespan posted:

I mean, the stock market is just gambling on people juicing the news cycle anymore, it's cheap and easy and you can do it in your underwear

We're a long way downstream from Office Space where firing a few devs to raise your quarterly P/L numbers could "make your stock go up a quarter of a point"

No need for any of the antiquated three-card-monty about :airquote: creating shareholder value :airquote: Jack Welch must feel like a schmuck

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Only Elon Musk is stupid enough to buy a company for non-money reasons and everyone sees how much everyone hates him now and lost respect for him, I'd imagine that was a chilling moment for billionaires who want people to like them almost as much as they want money.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I’m just glad the thread is back on its Bernie can still win phase

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Data Graham posted:

I mean, the stock market is just gambling on people juicing the news cycle anymore, it's cheap and easy and you can do it in your underwear

We're a long way from Office Space where firing a few devs to raise your quarterly P/L numbers could "make your stock go up a quarter of a point"

No need for any of the antiquated three-card-monty about :airquote: creating shareholder value :airquote: Jack Welch must feel like a schmuck

There are plenty of stocks that depend on political outcomes, but Truth is 100% attached to Trump's political future. You are going to see that stock take big swings based on poll numbers and that's :lol:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lifespan posted:

There are plenty of stocks that depend on political outcomes, but Truth is 100% attached to Trump's political future. You are going to see that stock take big swings based on poll numbers and that's :lol:

But it’s a presidential election. Unless things go crazy Trump is never going to be out of it until it’s completely over

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1772311788849156532

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I have a genuine question:

Where the gently caress does this guy keep coming up with money to drag these legal proceedings out forever?

Like he's broke, the GOP is broke

Where does he have this unending slush fund?

Is it just lawyer chuds working for free?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

hahahahahahahahahh gently caress

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
So is Trombone not getting his properties away from him? I can hear him rambling on but when will they actually take it away from him for stealing,?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
SILENCE! the election understander has spoken :catstare:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Why does he have to sit in court today anyway? Doesn't he have PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY??

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
how in the gently caress was that idiotic monstrosity president of the US

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Good news side of things :

You guys memba that kid who got all up in some like 100 year old native dudes face with a maga hat and poo poo eating grin and his picture went viral? He was apparently trying to sue a bunch of media for over a billion cause the picture made him get cancelled or whatever but SC told him to gently caress off

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Five hundred twenty-five thousand, six hundred crimes

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

crispix posted:

The United States of America is a deeply stupid and celebrity obsessed country.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Data Graham posted:

Why does he have to sit in court today anyway? Doesn't he have PRESIDENTIAL IMMUNITY??

they're coming after you, he's just in their way so he is fighting zealously for your benefit. he's a billionaire wiht a hot wife he doesn't need or wnat anything!

*loses fraud case, proving he lied about his assets*

*loses sexual abuse case, proving he raped a woman*

hmm

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

:what:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

+/-50.1% chance of becoming president again.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

big nipples big life posted:

Also as clearly demonstrated today, a country where any even illusion of greath wealth puts you in a a God-Priest status where the justice system is more of a suggestion than a rule.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

TulliusCicero posted:

Where the gently caress does this guy keep coming up with money to drag these legal proceedings out forever?

Cause he's not broke. His liquidity is taking a massive hit from these bonds for sure, but there have been no attempts to sell any major holdings he has. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of "friends" that are loaning him cash or providing services without charging to make an ally of someone who clearly still has political power in the country, and there are definitely a ton of "kick the can" moves he is making, but when you are worth a lot of money you will continue to make money by doing nothing.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

TulliusCicero posted:

From his donors, you can see in the filings he's spent like $50 million of their money on this poo poo. The reason his PAC has so little money is because he's been using it to pay lawyers.

They're not literally broke though, the RNC has millions on hand, it's just a lot less then they would normally have.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

This is going to have the opposite effect lmao

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

crispix posted:

he's the perfect representation for the US

and he's gonna be president again hahahaha

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Nooner posted:

Good news side of things :

You guys memba that kid who got all up in some like 100 year old native dudes face with a maga hat and poo poo eating grin and his picture went viral? He was apparently trying to sue a bunch of media for over a billion cause the picture made him get cancelled or whatever but SC told him to gently caress off

I thought said media organizations settled with his family for an undisclosed sum. I don’t know how much he actually got out of it, but anything other than a punch in the face was too much.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

crispix posted:

Enough monstrous idiots in the right places voted for him

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

big nipples big life posted:

Also obsessed with teeth, you left that out.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Dell_Zincht posted:

Post ITT everytime you LOL that Trump has to sell his babies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Has he started whining about how so very mean and unfair it is that he was only given a ten day extension and had the amount halved?