Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
Hmm, I'm reading a bit more and it seems the sticking point for some people is that while the resolution calls for both a ceasefire and the release of hostages, it doesn't specifically say that the former is contingent on the latter, instead they're separate. Maybe that's what Netanyahu meant? The way it got spun in Israeli media it sounded like the resolution didn't demand any hostage release at all, but they were actually referring to the disconnection between the two demands, I guess. Does that even matter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Al-Saqr posted:

the resolutions going to fail, america blocked the introduction of 'permament'

America approaches international law with the same philosophy as the lawyers who wrote the Nuremberg laws.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I imagine there's some mid-level State Department lackey who is so relieved to not have to deal with the Israeli delegation now.

It must be a horrible job to be the handler for those psychopaths for a week.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

a whole week of preventing your charges from pissing in the fountain and molesting the waitress

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

PostNouveau posted:

I imagine there's some mid-level State Department lackey who is so relieved to not have to deal with the Israeli delegation now.

i bet the guy whos job it was to get them the sex workers is bummed about missing a fat comission

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Al-Saqr posted:

nasrallahs been overtaken by Yahya Sinwar as an islamic hero at this point

Nasrallah is like a professional wrestler. He can always have a comeback arc.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

PostNouveau posted:

If you work for the State Department you deserve having to deal with those psychopaths

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

VoicesCanBe posted:

If you work for the State Department you deserve having to deal with those psychopaths

It's enough to give a guy Havana Syndrome!

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
Not sure what to think of the ceasefire resolution going through. It's not capitulation to Israel or anything and the language in the resolution is going to piss them off (good). It's just... will anything come of it?

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

PostNouveau posted:

On top of everything else, the Netanyahus are apparently notorious for bringing suitcases full of dirty laundry on official visits and making their hosts clean it all.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

whats been going on in the north lately anyways

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

VoicesCanBe posted:

Not sure what to think of the ceasefire resolution going through. It's not capitulation to Israel or anything and the language in the resolution is going to piss them off (good). It's just... will anything come of it?

no it wont change anything
but it does piss off israel even more and cause potential harm diplomatically

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
lots of zionists making GBS threads on joe biden right now. good.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
The US abstained because the resolution is non-binding and ultimately doesn’t matter.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

The UN should pass a resolution calling DTI and DTA followed by immediate enforcement of that

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
"American official to Reuters: 'we're confused by Israel's response, Israel's decision to cancel the delegation to Washington - is ridiculous'"

https://twitter.com/GLZRadio/status/1772307876855329228?t=GHcNnonwelG0vWgG4Smctg&s=19

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Sancho Banana posted:

"American official to Reuters: 'we're confused by Israel's response, Israel's decision to cancel the delegation to Washington - is ridiculous'"

https://twitter.com/GLZRadio/status/1772307876855329228?t=GHcNnonwelG0vWgG4Smctg&s=19

The US really is a cofnused parent about how did their little boy become such a self centered psychopath

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
lmao alright maybe it was worth it

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
https://x.com/tksshawa/status/1772276355620597977?s=20

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

readingatwork posted:

The US abstained because the resolution is non-binding and ultimately doesn’t matter.

Security council resolutions are legally binding, though. If it will be in any way enforced is another matter, though :l

Ideally Israel grinds its teeth to dust and follows the resolution, but I would settle for exclusion for violating the UN charter and being recognized as the vile pariah state it has always been

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

the lunatics in the Israeli cabinet are planning an attack on Rafah. If Rafah is attacked that means all-out-war with Egypt and the total collapse of everything America has “achieved” in the Middle East since 1954.

The US government spent weeks trying to pressure Tel Aviv into not going through with this because it can ‘see’ the Egyptian government planning to launch its own counteroffensive

https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1772287434090221956

PawParole has issued a correction as of 18:30 on Mar 25, 2024

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

knew this would happen and when the media forces him to double and triple down on it the shifting battle lines of the culture war are going to be very, very funny

CheetoVonTito
Nov 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
Anddddd there it is. Right on time.
Everyone and their granny’s are antisemitic

https://x.com/suppressednws/status/1772300959709864382?s=46

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Donald trump got cucked by Hamas

speng31b
May 8, 2010

PawParole posted:

that means all-out-war with Egypt

i dont think egypt will be doing that.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

speng31b posted:

i dont think egypt will be doing that.

no of course not, theyd just tighten up border security specifically at the gaza crossings and nowhere else

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
three seconds after being told Palestinians don't want to vote for Biden he's at a rally saying Al saqr poo poo about sisi

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Sancho Banana posted:

am i missing something or was the resolution essentially giving israel the good side of the deal with no commitment to actually withdraw troops and an open license to reignite hostilities after "some ill-defined period of time" -- and they're still flipping out over it? wtf...

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

trump is hamas

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

sisi just got a $8 billion bribe. the only people egypt are going to war with are the egyptians and palestinians

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

PawParole posted:

the lunatics in the Israeli cabinet are planning an attack on Rafah. If Rafah is attacked that means all-out-war with Egypt and the total collapse of everything America has “achieved” in the Middle East since 1954.

The US government spent weeks trying to pressure Tel Aviv into not going through with this because it can ‘see’ the Egyptian government planning to launch its own counteroffensive

would Egypt really go through with a counteroffensive though? hasn’t Sisi been paid off again?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Al Sisiiiii. a coward, I'm hearing. many people are saying it, a coward. betraying his people to the Zionist entity, like a dog.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

PawParole posted:

egypt aint doing jack poo poo

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

PawParole posted:

Egypt won't do poo poo

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

PawParole posted:

nah egypt isnt doing anything the us has been buying them off

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

speng31b posted:

am i missing something or was the resolution essentially giving israel the good side of the deal with no commitment to actually withdraw troops and an open license to reignite hostilities after "some ill-defined period of time" -- and they're still flipping out over it? wtf...

you coddle fascists for long enough and they start throwing tantrums when they only get 90% of what they demand

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

glad to see the stupid newbie crying baby av is still getting work

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

speng31b posted:

israel doesnt want any type of ceasefire essentially they want to continue the genocide without stopping even for a week or whatever

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

HallelujahLee posted:

nah egypt isnt doing anything the us has been buying them off

I don’t get the whole “Egypt is accepting bribes” it’s showing a massive lack of understanding for how bribing countries even works lol you can’t bribe individuals b/c Egypt is institutionalized w/ major internal factions so how do you pay them all off to allow an invasion

Do you think Egypt is run by like 10 ppl and if you bribe them off then nothing will happen from Egypt. Only issue is, Egypt’s military/Intel/security/police is 3M+ w/ many factions that all challenge each other very aggressively so you can’t bribe them per se lol

A Nakba 2.0 destabilizes EGY’s internal stability especially GIS who arming Hamas btw so it’ll drag the war into EGY once IDF inevitably goes into Sinai (like they went into Lebanon), to pursue Hamas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Fast Luck posted:

Yeah I guess so, I didn't see that hamas response posted just above my post

actually a few signs lately that even Americans are tiring of israels genocidal bloodlust:
a) AOC saying g-word
b) kamala saying nothnig is ruled out if Israel attacks rafah (previously US had already in advance ruled out ever limiting arms supplies)
c) that white house statement I think it was saying Israel does not realize how close it is to completely losing the whole world
d) the US abstaining here i guess, considering israel is tantrumming about it

of course this is simultaneous to what is, to me, a fairly clear israeli decision that nothing whatsoever is out of bounds in northern gaza and any palestinian who remains there can be raped/executed/etc without limit. Disgusting, appaling, sickening, etc

I mean I can't speak for every American, but there does seem to have been a rapid cultural shift in the general population being more openly and aggressively sympathetic towards the people of Gaza that's hard to ignore.

Speaking of things that are hard to ignore The Animal Friends of Gaza are in a very bad place right now:

https://x.com/AnimalFriendsSh/status/1772304396627378499?s=20

I know this is a difficult time to ask for donations, because if you're like me and get paid at the first of the month this week before cash comes in is challenging, but I worry they can't wait until April 1st when more people's paychecks come in.

Please donate now if you can, or maybe in a week when the first of the month comes around.

This is their PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/samer563

And this is their GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-get-my-friends-out-of-gaza

They were able to meet the initial goal for passports for their children and families, but still need help with money to cover expenses and pay for housing after they evacuate.