Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Lifespan posted:

Cause he's not broke. His liquidity is taking a massive hit from these bonds for sure, but there have been no attempts to sell any major holdings he has. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of "friends" that are loaning him cash or providing services without charging to make an ally of someone who clearly still has political power in the country, and there are definitely a ton of "kick the can" moves he is making, but when you are worth a lot of money you will continue to make money by doing nothing.

it's been demonstrably proven that basically his scheme/scam has always been to leverage everything he can to acquire a piece of property that he then inflates and use as a justification for other, future projects. Sometimes a project files for bankruptcy but the idea is that there's another project that can cover for it to justify other, future projects. the plane was probably a part of this: he has a golden jet how could you claim he doesn't have as much money as he says he does?

liquidity has never been a thing for him because liquidity requires actually having money and not just your name on a bunch of load-bearing facades

jokes fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Don't most if not literally all social media sites already prohibit you from having an account if you are under 14 and will ban you if they find out

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

When is he gonna make it legal to beat your kids? Or other people to beat kids? The way some states are going, that seems like a good chance with all the child labour law repeals.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

The younger generation is smarter, faster, and more knowledgeable in tech than his grandstanding, performative rear end. This won't work.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

people hyping themselves to death last night for something that, even if that appellate court hadn't intervened, still would've taken months to resolve anyways.

i'm only gonna get mad if they somehow get another court to stay the appellate court's reduced bond. and by mad i mean laugh because this poo poo is funny. it's just 'ol donny begging for his bond to be lowered while simultaneously trying to say he's (still) a billionaire.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
$175 mil is no small chunk of change either and he has to post it to continue the appeal process anyways, so it's still not great for him.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

TulliusCicero posted:

I have a genuine question:

Where the gently caress does this guy keep coming up with money to drag these legal proceedings out forever?

Like he's broke, the GOP is broke

Where does he have this unending slush fund?

Is it just lawyer chuds working for free?

one of the two main trump PACs has been converted into his legal fund, it's spending 3-6 million per month on lawyers.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Kids under 14: "What, are you going to ban us from buying denture cream next?"

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Catastrophe posted:

The younger generation is smarter, faster, and more knowledgeable in tech than his grandstanding, performative rear end. This won't work.

Lol just lol at any kid not setting their birthday to 4/20/1969 when they sign up for a site

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

jokes posted:

it's been demonstrably proven that basically his scheme/scam has always been to leverage everything he can to acquire a piece of property that he then inflates and use as a justification for other, future projects. Sometimes a project files for bankruptcy but the idea is that there's another project that can cover for it to justify other, future projects. the plane was probably a part of this: he has a golden jet how could you claim he doesn't have as much money as he says he does?

liquidity has never been a thing for him because liquidity requires actually having money and not just your name on a bunch of load-bearing facades

Isn’t that basically what ruined Lehman Brothers?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think more lols will come from the AG doing assessments on his properties to find out each and every one has mortgages higher than the value.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

So, like an entire month before this is struck down, yeah?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

the "cash-equivalent" is what he's trying to weasel. the 'or whatever' can mean a lot of things, but I can imagine the truth social company being used to entice foreign investors who want to buy trump (who is categorically for sale, even his lawyer said it on tv) without just giving him money directly, and then he uses that stock to secure a loan from some bank (probably DB lol) like how elon musk bought tesla

Stoatbringer posted:

Isn’t that basically what ruined Lehman Brothers?

lehman brothers? were they a large institutional ostensibly worth a lot of money, famous for being big and definitely successful in the 90s? strange that trump might somehow, coincidentally, be similar

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

No wonder Kim Gargofoyle is aging like she broke an ancient curse. They're experiencing Tuesday after Tuesday over there, and what is Biden even doing to stop this egregious waste of time?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Nooner posted:

Lol just lol at any kid not setting their birthday to 4/20/1969 when they sign up for a site

It’s surprising how many sites are happy to accept your date of birth as 01/01/1901.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Monica Bellucci posted:

So, like an entire month before this is struck down, yeah?

It is entirely irrelevant because every major Social Media already has that in their TOS anyway.

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

this would be a funny line if it was in basically any other context.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

big nipples big life posted:

The United States of America is a deeply stupid and celebrity obsessed country.

With a long and storied history of justice and morality. I mean just look at today!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

ImpAtom posted:

It is entirely irrelevant because every major Social Media already has that in their TOS anyway.

Yeah, another way for Ron to try and claim he's doing something while doing nothing and getting slapped down in court.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

trump finds out after tuesday there is another tuesday. brain genius

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

I love that they're using a picture of Ozempic DeSantis, and not the current depressed puddin' pounder

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Stoatbringer posted:

It’s surprising how many sites are happy to accept your date of birth as 01/01/1901.

I know that's slightly younger than the average goon, but that's a perfectly acceptable age of majority for most countries.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

CommieGIR posted:

$175 mil is no small chunk of change either and he has to post it to continue the appeal process anyways, so it's still not great for him.

He does not. He has to post it to stay enforcement. He has a right to appeal, but if he wants an extant in power court judgment stayed that is what he has to put up for.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah, another way for Ron to try and claim he's doing something while doing nothing and getting slapped down in court.

The best thing about voting in a bunch of insane laws, that you know will get shot down, is that you don't have to spend any time actually implementing your insane laws. You can then use the time you've saved to draft even more insane laws!

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

gently caress, i wish I experienced as many Tuesdays as trungo. I bet he's already finished Shogun.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

big nipples big life posted:

The United States of America is a deeply stupid and celebrity obsessed country.

America bad

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CODChimera posted:

America bad

:hmmyes:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Well I suppose it gives James another ten days to put together her shopping list of accounts and golf courses to seize.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Everything's always a record with him

everything's always at levels never seen before

the profundity of the dumbness it would take to listen to him for longer than one speech and not go "heeeeyyyy... something's fishy with this guy"

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

CODChimera posted:

America bad

Unironically.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Data Graham posted:

the profundity of the dumbness it would take to listen to him for longer than one speech and not go "heeeeyyyy... something's fishy with this guy"

it's what he has to do if his entire "fortune" is based around acquiring an asset, inflating its worth, and then using it to acquire an even larger asset

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
That Fight Club scene but with Trump standing there and this guy going "You're too loving...... POOR!" instead of "blonde"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Catastrophe posted:

That Fight Club scene but with Trump standing there and this guy going "You're too loving...... POOR!" instead of "blonde"

Go home Mr. President Donlad, you're too old, your tits are too big

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
your boobs... are too big

to obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad with your boobs... now

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
BTW it was posted but kinda lost in the noise: Trump got denied in his hearing this morning, his first criminal trial starts officially starts April 15th.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Data Graham posted:

He hates the same people who they hate, and that was good enough in 2016

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

jokes posted:

Absolutely true, but the buck will always stop somewhere. He is not regularly writing IOUs for airplane fuel, paychecks for staff, and the many other things that just don't work that way, so he definitely has some real liquidity somewhere. Not $500m like he claims, but definitely many millions available. There is likely millions going in and out everyday with "company" of that size whether its based on his grifting or not.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 25, 2024

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

HappyHippo posted:

BTW it was posted but kinda lost in the noise: Trump got denied in his hearing this morning, his first criminal trial starts officially starts April 15th.

according to this thread, nothing matters.

can't wait for when trump dies for everyone to be all, "omg trump got away with it again!"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

HappyHippo posted:

That'll be nice, though this one is a slap on the wrist compared to the other criminal cases he's facing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Strong Sauce posted:

can't wait for when trump dies for everyone to be all, "omg he finally faced a consequence!"