Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
It’s still almost double of what he was asking for, so there’s that silver lining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The real punchline comes if he loses the election anyway.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Again he doesn't have the money

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
Trumps just trying to Stay Alive

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Hollismason posted:

Again he doesn't have the money

If he was 6'3" and 215lbs he'd have the money.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Nessus posted:

The real punchline comes if he loses the election anyway.

yeah thats kinda my view too.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
I’ll lol if he loses in November and officially has no exit strategy other than a heart attack on the crapper or living in a basement in Siberia.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, he doesnt look to happy.

so can he even get the money. i feel he burned alot of bridges in the last couple years.

Who the hell knows. Honestly. He posted the bond for Carroll but it felt like that was the extent of his funds.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

emSparkly posted:

I’ll lol if he loses in November and officially has no exit strategy other than a heart attack on the crapper or living in a basement in Siberia.

think he tries to run. like i mean he will run for 2028 but i also mean like book it to russia or the UAE or whatever.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Does he have to put up $175 million in ten calendar days or ten business days

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Dapper_Swindler posted:

think he tries to run. like i mean he will run for 2028 but i also mean like book it to russia or the UAE or whatever.

What's the quickest way out of American airspace and (then?) to a non-extradition country?

Cuba?

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

John Wick of Dogs posted:

whichever is more convenient for him, wouldn't want to impose

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

emSparkly posted:

Well if we get an R house he might get in anyway, but it’s hard for me to imagine an outcome where Biden wins to a degree that would prevent Bush v Gore 2, yet also loses the house

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

you just figured out the strategy for the next delay.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

jokes posted:

it's just us not justice

it's a justice

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

10 calendar days.

Also, this $175m makes a lot of sense when you look at it from a standpoint of irreparable harm. If Trump is forced to sell property to post the full bond, he loses that property forever. He doesn't get it back if he wins the appeal because he already sold it. If the state has to spend a little more time collecting a judgment, on the other hand, it isn't harmed in any way. Trump has assets within the state's reach that can be seized beyond the bond value.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Nessus posted:

Well if we get an R house he might get in anyway, but it’s hard for me to imagine an outcome where Biden wins to a degree that would prevent Bush v Gore 2, yet also loses the house

harris would sign off the election either way. the old scheme was pence not signing off.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

what's going to happen to ya'll's brains if Trump wins the next election and immediately pardons himself

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

poisonpill posted:

what's going to happen to ya'll's brains if Trump wins the next election and immediately pardons himself

pardons himself of a state civil judgment?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

poisonpill posted:

going to pickle it in 4 roses bourbon

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

poisonpill posted:

I mean if Trump wins its basically going to be the end of our democracy

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

poisonpill posted:

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already
I told you the courts would back down on the full amount and let him do a regular appeal process without it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

poisonpill posted:

Something something "The Cool Zone".

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

lmaoooo

I know these winred things aren't written by him or anyone remotely within his orbit but just looll at the idea that we are at a place where they believe "TRUMP TOWER IS MINE!! :byodood: plzzz give me money :shobon:" is the message that will land with their audience, and they may well be right

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

poisonpill posted:

Most of the meaningful crimes he's being charged with are state, not federal, so he would still be broke and sitting in jail as POTUS.

Unless he disbands the government entirely, which it sounds like he wants to do. Then it's just mad max, and last person standing as a country. Or Europe/China/Russia "liberates us" (They wont).

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The Dems are very likely to win the House.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I’m old enough to remember how his “totally-not-panicked-rear end” suggested that maybe we could wait with the election till after the pandemic.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Hollismason posted:

The Dems are very likely to win the House.

Like, soon?

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

poisonpill posted:

Nothing important, compared to what will happen in the streets and also everywhere else

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

They are closing in on it

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Yeah

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
At the rate of Republicans throwing their arms in the air and leaving only to have their seat replaced by a Democrat, yeah, soon. Maybe even before November(Jan) if we get real lucky.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

10 calendar days.

Also, this $175m makes a lot of sense when you look at it from a standpoint of irreparable harm. If Trump is forced to sell property to post the full bond, he loses that property forever. He doesn't get it back if he wins the appeal because he already sold it. If the state has to spend a little more time collecting a judgment, on the other hand, it isn't harmed in any way. Trump has assets within the state's reach that can be seized beyond the bond value.

Uh, isn't the bolded part in question? I don't believe it, and haven't seen any thing that convinces me otherwise. Sure the property he owns might total more than that, but what is his equity in those properties?

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Serious_Cyclone posted:

pardons himself of a state civil judgment?

the civil stuff is going to go back to appeals on the novel question of whether these civil judgments must be paid by a sitting president. that'll pause them until SCOTUS determines that they do, but then that'll go back down to the court to implement along a structured way.

NOTE: This is not doom posting because I think Trump has maybe a 35% chance of winning at best

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
This stay is just for Trump or does it include the fail guys?

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Nessus posted:

We can get a democrat house and he still gets in through the house. Individual states, not reps, get to vote on president in thst case. And it's not hard to imagine 26 states having R majority congressional delgations even with a total D blowout.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

poisonpill posted:

the civil stuff is going to go back to appeals on the novel question of whether these civil judgments must be paid by a sitting president

Are you a legal scholar? This sounds like legal fan-fiction, I'm getting memestock financial advice vibes

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Bone Crimes posted:

Uh, isn't the bolded part in question? I don't believe it, and haven't seen any thing that convinces me otherwise. Sure the property he owns might total more than that, but what is his equity in those properties?

I mean, even if he only has 1% equity in his properties, the state can and will seize it and sell it to get that 1%. If, after seizing and selling everything he has, the state is left with a balance due, that means that trump is destitute and cannot pay more.

This $175m ruling isn't really surprising or raising my hackles at all. If they had waived the bond, we'd be in a different world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Beaten (LIKE A DOG!) because I went to get a kebab but gently caress you, here's mine too.