Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
where is the follow up post where we learn that putting a cyber truck through a carwash results in $15k worth of damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

crispix posted:

where is the follow up post where we learn that putting a cyber truck through a carwash results in $15k worth of damage

Not quite, but

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
ROFL "we no longer polish turds"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Baghdad Doge doing his part

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
WTF is touchless, ultrasonics?

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Monica Bellucci posted:

Pressure washing basically, but not like super high pressure.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tai posted:

The suburban office worker commute is not niche. 80% of people probably live <30 minutes of their work place.

lol nonamerican spotted

The ~50% of Americans with over half-hour commute times are the actual market for new commuter vehicles; anyone in an urban center where you can reasonably expect a fifteen-minute commute to anywhere is insanely better served by riding a bus or just walking than sinking $30k+ into a new car you then have to store. The edge cases who're buying one anyway are exactly niche

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
i like my 2011 automobile which i can clean with a £40 power hose and a big sponge

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Avirosb posted:

Is that a common thing people do? Naming their car?

I've known a fair number of people who do that, I don't think it's too uncommon.

freddiestarfish
Dec 4, 2005
I LIKE RABBITS

haddedam posted:

I think usa with the world famously lovely commutes americans love to brag about is not the ideal use case for electric cars. Pair that with EVs being awful in sub zero and its easy to see why the sales have tapered off with where the technology is currently.

Unlike famously warm Norway, EVs would never take off somewhere that cold.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I now there are pros and cons to EVs but they run longer than 30 minutes.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

freddiestarfish posted:

Unlike famously warm Norway, EVs would never take off somewhere that cold.

Our winters are becoming milder so of course our summers are becoming rainier.
Ain't climate change grand.

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
I wash my car with a big bucket and a sponge

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

gschmidl posted:

Not quite, but

goddamn LOL

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Surely there has to be some kind of grift for washing Teslas then

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Why would you wash a Tesla when you can just wait for it to catch fire and burn all the dirt away? Idiots.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

kazil posted:

Surely there has to be some kind of grift for washing Teslas then
Yes they are called touchless car washes.

Or washing the car yourself like all the peasants are tripping over themselves to admit.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Leave it to the world's greatest genius to design a car that by design must be washed daily or else it will start to rot away, but can't be sent through a car wash or else it will fall apart.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
https://x.com/bankstonatlaw/status/1771953412239749354?s=46&t=SXDOUM5lPPvZwsTORT6VFQ

Mark Bankston's got the goods, if you've ever seen/heard his Alex Jones depositions.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

lmao catturd is a tankie too

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I wonder why Elon is really excited about a return to the 50s

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tai posted:

tbh given how fast Putin had a "UKRAINE DID IT" press release out, I'm more inclined to believe that the terrorist attack in Russia was Putin. Just waiting for the coincidental discovery that the place was full of Putin critics.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Hell yeah love taping up all the gaps on my poorly made $100,000 meme truck before going to the car wash

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The truck's name is Rhino because it's critically endangered.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Azhais posted:

tbh given how fast Putin had a "UKRAINE DID IT" press release out, I'm more inclined to believe that the terrorist attack in Russia was Putin. Just waiting for the coincidental discovery that the place was full of Putin critics.

Nah catturd is going on about the right conspiracy poo poo that the likes of Alex jones and Tucker carlson push that CIA funds ISIS. Far right and 5% of left wingers lap this bull poo poo up.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tai posted:

Nah catturd is going on about the right conspiracy poo poo that the likes of Alex jones and Tucker carlson push that CIA funds ISIS. Far right and 5% of left wingers lap this bull poo poo up.
Yeah he's not a "tankie", he's just a loving moron where they do the Predator hand shake with the idiot tankies due to the horseshoe theory being very real. See also, freep: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790452&userid=89134

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Monica Bellucci posted:

how old are you

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
I sometimes ponder what it would be like to be so egotistical you think masks are exclusively for protecting yourself.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Tai posted:

Okay dog murderer, settle down

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
if you believe my dog ran into my truck -

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Vintersorg posted:

how old are you

Yeah, these are more common than the brush ones around here

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

SilverSupernova posted:

The truck's name is Rhino because it's critically endangered.

And it's liable to run down any people within its view at the slightest provocation

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

gschmidl posted:

Not quite, but

Honestly I wouldn’t run a car I care about through one of these either. They are really rough on the paint for even non teslas. Half the time the brushes are full of grit and sticks and poo poo.

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

Willatron posted:

Okay dog murderer, settle down

If you believe catturd ran over his dog, and not that the dog ran fast enough into the back of his truck to kill itself, you probably believe the terrorist attack in Russia was ISIS.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Tai posted:

The conspiracy is that....Ukraine did it? I can't keep up with all this bullshit.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

lol nonamerican spotted

The ~50% of Americans with over half-hour commute times are the actual market for new commuter vehicles; anyone in an urban center where you can reasonably expect a fifteen-minute commute to anywhere is insanely better served by riding a bus or just walking than sinking $30k+ into a new car you then have to store. The edge cases who're buying one anyway are exactly niche

Do you think people with >1/2 hour commute times are driving 80 mph the whole way? No! Most people with hour long commutes don't live 100 miles from work, they live 25 miles from work and sit in 25 mph traffic congestion. Even sprawling major US cities like Atlanta or Houston aren't 100 miles across.

Electric vehicles are pretty much ideal for the average suburban commute. They don't use power to idle (aside from heat/AC) and slow stop-start traffic uses mostly regen breaks.

It's a pity that we can't nuke the suburbs and force everyone to live in more efficient multi-family buildings with universal mass transit. But lacking that option electric cars are 2nd place.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

E the Shaggy posted:

The conspiracy is that....Ukraine did it? I can't keep up with all this bullshit.

He thinks the US did it because he believes inforwars propaganda that CIA funds ISIS

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

zedprime posted:

2021-2025 have been obnoxious to electric cars from external market factors starting with electronics supply chain collapse, transitioning to be federal money tap being hidden behind 16 layers of beaureaucracy to cut federal costs and redirect them to specific constituents, finally ending in agreements to standardize chargers in 2025 so you're just being awkward or getting a lovely Tesla if you're buying one in 2024.

Maybe we have peaked in who can use an electric car (we haven't) but how could you tell through all that muck?

Supposedly the new hybrid cars are making GBS threads on battery EVs too, you can run them like a battery EV for short trips but for longer trips you can go much further without recharging/refueling.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Klyith posted:

Do you think people with >1/2 hour commute times are driving 80 mph the whole way? No! Most people with hour long commutes don't live 100 miles from work, they live 25 miles from work and sit in 25 mph traffic congestion. Even sprawling major US cities like Atlanta or Houston aren't 100 miles across.

Electric vehicles are pretty much ideal for the average suburban commute. They don't use power to idle (aside from heat/AC) and slow stop-start traffic uses mostly regen breaks.

It's a pity that we can't nuke the suburbs and force everyone to live in more efficient multi-family buildings with universal mass transit. But lacking that option electric cars are 2nd place.

Thanks for wording what I was saying badly on why EV's are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s going to be funny in 30 years when it’s revealed the US did in fact fund ISIS