Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Vintersorg posted:

how old are you

Never had a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

how old are you

so does it work? like we make fun of nerds/men that think they dont need to scrub their lower halves and think that runoff is good enough.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
No touch car washes work kinda meh but usually good enough for just rinsing off road grime. Without scraping up the paint with the spinning bristles and poo poo.

The real benefit for these car washes is that they are usually required to reclaim a certain percentage of the water used, filter and reuse so it wastes a lot less water than even washing the car at home on your lawn.

Best wash options are the powerful spray wands mixed with some good (clean!) washing implements for the soap and scrubbing if required in one of the bays that the drains capture the water runoff for reuse.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

I’d like to know the cross section of the US population in a Venn diagram that:
1. Owns a Tesla,
2. Doesn’t have a house, yard, or easily available hose to wash a car with, and
3. Actually washes their car instead of just letting it get rinsed every time it rains

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You still need to do car washes to wash the undersides in the winter

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

love when a jump that barely makes the car go 1 inch above the ground causes my rear wheels to angle out and not be able to stay straight. that is the kind of reliability i want from my truck when i off-road.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

gay picnic defence posted:

Supposedly the new hybrid cars are making GBS threads on battery EVs too, you can run them like a battery EV for short trips but for longer trips you can go much further without recharging/refueling.
I understand why these are popular but it's such a compromised idea it's something only the middle class can love. Expensive, complicated, probably going to struggle on the secondary market. 2/3 of these also describe EVs but this is on top of it being untidy to use your ICE to push a ton of dead batteries around.

PhazonLink posted:

so does it work? like we make fun of nerds/men that think they dont need to scrub their lower halves and think that runoff is good enough.
Touchless will keep your car clean but people cleaning their car usually want it clean. So it will keep light soil and corrosive stuff off but it struggles with moderate soil and sticky stuff.

Not good, not bad: the surface treatments are only superficial. A brush wash can polish waxier things into your coat. The reason this is not good not bad is those waxy brushes are usually where the sticks stones and bolts are glued in and ready to assault your paint job. Either way you are better off heading to the pay and spray to rub wax into your body shirtless than trying to treat it in the machines.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

crispix posted:

i like my 2011 automobile which i can clean with a £40 power hose and a big sponge

Or not, as I choose!

Captain Hygiene posted:

I've known a fair number of people who do that, I don't think it's too uncommon.

People name Roombas. Definitely no uncommon. We'll anthropomorphize anything.

Tai posted:

lmao catturd is a tankie too

...huh, I guess the Russian attack was ISIS.

Uh, but what the gently caress is a Russian pee pee hoax?

limp dick calvin posted:

if you believe my dog ran into my truck -

Oh, gently caress, someone Tweet that at him in response.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I assume he’s talking about the piss tape conspiracy that was pretty popular here for a bit

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Catturd, trying to tweet as tears blur his vision, phone in one hand and the other gripping his steering wheel as he spins donuts inside a dog shelter, doppler effect comically accentuating his plaintive scream of WHHHYYYY as pomeranians explode under his screeching tyres

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
you can tell cattrud is very proud of the structure of his post. like a highschool student thinking they just invented something completely brand new that never ever happen in like 5 000 years of human canon

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

PhazonLink posted:

you can tell cattrud is very proud of the structure of his post. like a highschool student thinking they just invented something completely brand new that never ever happen in like 5 000 years of human canon

It's probably plagiarized from some other right wing shithead, who plagiarized and modified it from someone who originally made it about a non-shithead subject.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

If you write a tweet with a funny structure that makes people giggle but can't dismiss a vague feeling they've seen it before, .... youuuu might be a redneckconservative

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Whatever happened to catturd1?

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
"Actually, X is more popular than ever," I say as I somehow fall on my face and my rear end at the same time

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

PhazonLink posted:

Does it work?

Yes it cleans the dirt, road dust (decently) off of windows, windshields, and body.

"We make fun of people who clean with runoff."

Yeah but those are people and this is a car. The underside of a car isn't visible, most of it is dirty anyway, and outside of things like road salt and beach water, you don't need to routinely clean the undercarriage.

Wheels, rims, different story but presumably you wouldn't be using an auto wash to clean those.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

toggle posted:

Run over by a truck

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

toggle posted:

Catturd2 ran him over

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

The Grimace posted:

"Actually, X is more popular than ever," I say as I somehow fall on my face and my rear end at the same time

You can't seem to stop talking about it so, I'd say via radiation it's definitely more popular than ever

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

still so thirsty

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

“The future should look like the 1950s.” Whispers the stolen child.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Strong Sauce posted:

love when a jump that barely makes the car go 1 inch above the ground causes my rear wheels to angle out and not be able to stay straight. that is the kind of reliability i want from my truck when i off-road.

Why does it look like a burned out husk

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

steinrokkan posted:

It aspires to be like its creator

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

steinrokkan posted:

it's called patina and it adds character to the car :elon:

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

quote:

Musk's suit, "is so unabashedly and vociferously about one thing that there can be no mistaking that purpose," wrote U.S. District Judge Charles Breyer in his Monday ruling, "This case is about punishing the Defendants for their speech."

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
That doesn't sound like Elon Musk ftw, this must be caused by some of those shadow leftists that are still sabotaging the success of X the everything platform and shadow banning my posts

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

There's a Deep State within X

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The judge also ordered Musk to pay for their legal fees, because the lawsuit was so egregious

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Avirosb posted:

Is that a common thing people do? Naming their car?

Careful what you name your car.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

kazil posted:

still so thirsty

It's probably the decades of genocide.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

FlamingLiberal posted:

The judge also ordered Musk to pay for their legal fees, because the lawsuit was so egregious

iirc that's standard thing for Anti-SLAPP -- if you get dismissed for SLAPP you automatically owe legal fees.

because the thing that's lovely about these lawsuits is that you can make people spend money just to defend themselves, so even if they win they lose. so the Anti-SLAPP laws that most states have are just like "have a real case or get rekt"

get fuckin rekt, elon

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Klyith posted:

iirc that's standard thing for Anti-SLAPP -- if you get dismissed for SLAPP you automatically owe legal fees.

because the thing that's lovely about these lawsuits is that you can make people spend money just to defend themselves, so even if they win they lose. so the Anti-SLAPP laws that most states have are just like "have a real case or get rekt"

get fuckin rekt, elon
As it should be, these anti-SLAPP provisions are made for cases like this

also the position that CCDH 'illegally accessed' Twitter code or something is hilarious. They just did a Twitter search. Multiple people replicated this.

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin
Oh boy! that Judge has done it now. Just wait till Dodge Designer puts them in their place, Grok is going to roast them so hard!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Elon's moved on to the next lawsuit against pure evil

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Speaking of the hardcore litigation department, what ever happened with the definitely extremely serious gina carano lawsuit against disney

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

PoPcornTG posted:

Oh boy! that Judge has done it now. Just wait till Dodge Designer puts them in their place, Grok is going to roast them so hard!

Oh Judge Breyer, you're like a legal version of a Tesla: you used to be cool, but now you're ruined by being owned by a stupid fat pedo-loving nazi shitboer.

...hang on, the wokes got to Grok again!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

kazil posted:

still so thirsty

i don't know why but using canonical instead of just canon here is so upsetting

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

StrangersInTheNight posted:

“Never use a shorter word when a longer one will do” is how everyone pretending to be smart writes.

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Makes it sound more religion-y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

kazil posted: