Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Desert Bus posted:

Okay I have heard of this just not keeping the winning egg for next year. I learned a little something today, thanks!

The eggs weren't saved for next year, but as trophies. Winner's name and the year written on the egg itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would like to thank the Japanese government for requiring me to prove I dont have a family

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Barudak posted:

I would like to thank the Japanese government for requiring me to prove I dont have a family

... how do you prove that?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

wash bucket posted:

... how do you prove that?

In true Japan fashion theres several different pieces of paperwork my company is having me fill out.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Wait no am I reading this right, the eggs have been sitting out in the open since Sunday?

Is the treat food poisoning? Happy Easter, let's blow your guts out!

While it's best practice to refrigerate eggs, it's not strictly required.
If they are sitting in an air-conditioned space they will probably last for a few weeks at least.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
You can’t put your waifu body pillow down as a dependent.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Barudak posted:

In true Japan fashion theres a underground tournament my company is having me compete in.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

~Coxy posted:

While it's best practice to refrigerate eggs, it's not strictly required.
If they are sitting in an air-conditioned space they will probably last for a few weeks at least.

Apparently they wash their eggs in America, which gets rid of the protective coating, which means they go off quicker than the rest of the world.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Apparently they wash their eggs in America, which gets rid of the protective coating, which means they go off quicker than the rest of the world.

If they are left on the counter, yes! :eng101: They are fine refrigerated, unlike europe/UK

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
IME a boiled egg that has been around too long and gone off will be very obvious as soon as you crack it.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Barudak posted:

In true Japan fashion theres several different pieces of paperwork my company is having me fill out.

Do you get to use a little stamp to sign it?

Edit: Alternatively they were going to threaten your family, but when told that you didn't have one, had to make sure in the only way they know how: paperwork.

Methylethylaldehyde fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Mar 26, 2024

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Here's your ticket, go to Singapore and pick out a few family members.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dont have a chop, but I do have an alternate signature that fits a chop circle.

TheBlackVegetable
Oct 29, 2006

BitBasher posted:

If they are left on the counter, yes! :eng101: They are fine refrigerated, unlike europe/UK

Are they not allowed to refrigerate eggs in Europe?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

TheBlackVegetable posted:

You can, we just don't add its not needed. You keep your eggs on the counter.

Raw eggs, boiling an egg will make the shell porous. Do not keep it for a week at room temperature then eat it. Or do, I'm not the boss of you.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Used to love getting eggs in Europe when I was on a boat, you could store them in the bilge and they'd last for months, even the wax-coated US eggs would go off faster.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

On Thursday I got the word that the contract I've been working on for six months was signed off on. Turns out no one knows what we're going to do from here and my Contracts person was let go between getting approval from his department and now, so I'm scrambling to find someone who can give me the information needed to get the vendor paid on the contract terms instead of me writing dozens of purchase orders every week. Friday I was told I was dumping my Purchase Order responsibilities off on a different team and, a year and a half later, finally doing the job I was hired for. I still don't know what that is exactly because I got moved to this program while we were still developing the strategy around the original project, but that's been canceled and now we're working something else that I've been told will be fully explained to me once I'm officially off orders.

It's a mess, but I'm just happy that they got me off writing POs finally.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

TheBlackVegetable posted:

Aramoro posted:

You can, we just don't add its not needed. You keep your eggs on the counter.

Raw eggs, boiling an egg will make the shell porous. Do not keep it for a week at room temperature then eat it. Or do, I'm not the boss of you.

This is regional I guess, we always kept our eggs in the fridge, along with the ketchup.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Ketchup is one of the many surprising things that actually keeps better out of the fridge, I've been testing things I learn on YouTube about that subject, little by little.

Another day at work where half or more of my coworkers are not sure what we are doing for the day.
It's government and we'll not be sent home and still paid so hurrah, but it's going to feel like a long day again.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
We currently have something like ten people standing around waiting for a truck that should have been here six hours ago.

The problem is not the people standing around, the problem is that they’re burning hours needed to put the truck away, and management knew at like six this morning that it was gonna be late.

There is now not enough time left in the day for everyone to get their poo poo put out, and most of the people in the building to do it are off tomorrow. Guess what happens day after tomorrow?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Coasterphreak posted:

We currently have something like ten people standing around waiting for a truck that should have been here six hours ago.

The problem is not the people standing around, the problem is that they’re burning hours needed to put the truck away, and management knew at like six this morning that it was gonna be late.

There is now not enough time left in the day for everyone to get their poo poo put out, and most of the people in the building to do it are off tomorrow. Guess what happens day after tomorrow?

who cares

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I care.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

What happens the day after tomorrow?
Reload everything into the truck in reverse order?

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
HR gave a presentation on some new options we have for retirement savings and went over some general stuff as well. Someone was asking about investing options, what we have available to us, and what we can do yo change it. He was getting more and more animated until he was basically shouting when he got to his point: we have no way to invest in precious metals in our 401k.

I heard other people in the background talking about bitcoin, but no questions on getting that in the 401k.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Scientastic posted:

What the gently caress, no this is not true, don’t leave boiled eggs out for a week and then eat them, you could get seriously ill

Eggs come in a wet sack, obviously.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Should the hold music for a bank be "suspicious minds"?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Barudak posted:

Is it a Yakuza bank?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Barudak posted:

Do you make a lot of $9900 deposits?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a regular Japanese bank which means it would be significantly faster for me to storm into the place and hit people over the head with furniture than it is to follow any of their processes.

Work also sent me a notice last night at 8 pm of "hey you may need to completely stop selling again"

Edit: This is the same bank that only let me make a significant deposit of USD if we structured it as CD transfer that "matured" into Yen so I calibrate all expectations with bank with that in mind.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 27, 2024

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Today's announcement from upper management: no new hires until everyone currently working here has their work processes "optimized" with AI support, also rolling out the AI chatbot internally for customer service (who will not be able to catch hallucinations and the like with the resources available to them) to use as a first line resource. We also have zero developers but we're going to overhaul our IT infrastructure to be maintainable and easy to build on for the zero developers we have.

Get me out of here, chief.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
yikes.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

SkyeAuroline posted:

Today's announcement from upper management: no new hires until everyone currently working here has their work processes "optimized" with AI support, also rolling out the AI chatbot internally for customer service (who will not be able to catch hallucinations and the like with the resources available to them) to use as a first line resource. We also have zero developers but we're going to overhaul our IT infrastructure to be maintainable and easy to build on for the zero developers we have.

Get me out of here, chief.

You should, apropos of nothing, send legal the recent court case that held an airline liable for the hallucination their chat bot had even though it contradicted written policy elsewhere on the site.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
our legal department made it very clear that putting company data into a public gpt would get your rear end fired very very quickly

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Dameius posted:

You should, apropos of nothing, send legal the recent court case that held an airline liable for the hallucination their chat bot had even though it contradicted written policy elsewhere on the site.

I brought that up with a coworker immediately after the meeting. First thing I thought of.

Also, we have no legal department to send it to.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:laffo: well i mean i guess thats one way to learn valuble legal and life lessons.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

SkyeAuroline posted:

Either your will shortly, or the company that buys you out will have one. So don't worry too much.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The second we started implementing AI our legal and HR required everyone to view several videos on what is and is not ok to tell Microsoft Bing Co-Pilot extension that reads every email.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

SkyeAuroline posted:

I brought that up with a coworker immediately after the meeting. First thing I thought of.

You do have a legal department and they'll be charging exorbitantly once they finish their onboarding after the boss realizes he forgot to finalize their hire because lol.

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Our access/tableau/jackass who thinks he's a programmer has been feeding entire product databases to chatgpt and having it code what he needs for him.

He's started saying that things aren't possible whenever chatgpt can't give him a working code.

Everyone has been fine with this.

The owners have a friend of theirs who's a hedge fund manager working with him on this. The dude just regaled us with how his office had a couple of MIT and Harvard Comp sci interns build a bot that scraped Wall Street bets and then flagged anything they were talking about as a ticker to be careful with because of GameStop. He called that the first AI he worked with.

Then defined what the gpt in chatgpt stood for and said that generative predictive transformer means it creates brand new information by predicting stuff from transforming the data you give it.

I think I'm going to hang out with the new director of operations. Her wanting to develop and implement KPIs feels reasonable at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Ravus Ursus posted:

I think I'm going to hang out with the new director of operations. Her wanting to develop and implement KPIs feels reasonable at this point.

this poo poo right here is a great example why 2024 is one of the loving stupidest timelines.