Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.
No loving toes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Offler
Mar 27, 2010

Sokani posted:

He'll never be the foot of a major corporation.

Ok, that'll do.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I learned to code in C++ but I can't find anyone willing to underwrite my dick.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

That Taiwan story, there's got to be some undiagnosed mental illness going on there surely.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
At least he committed. A lot of people think about committing insurance fraud, but then get cold feet.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug

Wifi Toilet posted:

At least he committed. A lot of people think about committing insurance fraud, but then get cold feet.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

OneEightHundred posted:

Why would you buy the feet when you can buy an NFT of the feet?

When the Nonexistent Feet Tokens stumble over themselves like two left feet, the market will reset in favor of whomever owns the reserve supply of feet. Gotta stay ten steps ahead.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
did the diamond nft lady ever do anything with her diamond nft?

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
https://twitter.com/jp_koning/status/1770153940895588663

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
12% "I tried to sell them but was unable to"

lol. Great currency/investment you got there

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
a lot of those options seem to be overlaping or double dipping.

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

I tried #include header.h but I can't get it to work.

Do I need a footer? My computer keeps freezing up.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hey, it means 70% of Canadians used crypto for whatever reason. Hyperbitcoinisation is one step away!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
no one asked me:cry:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Paladinus posted:

Hey, it means 70% of Canadians used crypto for whatever reason. Hyperbitcoinisation is one step away!
Alas the population is crypto owning Canadians.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

zedprime posted:

crypto owning Canadians.

Seems to me crypto owns just about everyone who gets involved in it, regardless of nationality.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

zedprime posted:

Alas the population is crypto owning Canadians.

Show me a Canadian who doesn't own crypto.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Paladinus posted:

don cherry either has 95% of his net worth in crypto, or he'd chew someone's head off for trying to talk to him about computer thing, no in between

Victory Lap
Feb 25, 2001
I'm the 5% of CryptoCanadians who only own stablecoins and don't use them. It's the perfect investment because I can still get rugpulled just like any other crypto, but I'm not at risk of ever making a profit.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Apparently I'm the only Canadian who doesn't own any crypto at all.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

tango alpha delta posted:

hey:mad:

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Fun fact: 90% of Canadian bitcoins are located within 100 meters of the 49th parallel in Oregon!

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

The Monopoly guy isn't stupid enough to get involved in crypto.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm surprised Parker Brothers never released some kind of Monopoly crypto edition at the height of insanity.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I'm surprised Parker Brothers never released some kind of Monopoly crypto edition at the height of insanity.

The properties could be NFTs, and instead of houses and hotels you could apply slurp juices.

Chance card: "All your apes, gone!"

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

no true canadian

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Deptfordx posted:

That Taiwan story, there's got to be some undiagnosed mental illness going on there surely.

Possibly, but insurance fraud through maming a body part "you could live without" is depressingly common. There's a town in Florida where in the 50s and 60s, most of the men in the town did it.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

an entire town in florida where the men have no heads

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's called "The Villages".

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Paladinus posted:

If you go into the survey that tweet pulls from, you find out that 10% of Canadians claim to own some sort of crypto, which is down from 13% of Canadians last year. I guess 3% of Canada had to use all their crypto to pay for the extortions, ransoms, and scams.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

10% of Canadians they bothered to ask:argh:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

golden bubble posted:

If you go into the survey that tweet pulls from, you find out that 10% of Canadians claim to own some sort of crypto, which is down from 13% of Canadians last year. I guess 3% of Canada had to use all their crypto to pay for the extortions, ransoms, and scams.

10% of Canadians constitute at least 95% of Canadians.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

60% of the time it works every time.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Paladinus posted:

10% of Canadians constitute at least 95% of Canadians.

its just math

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

its just math

s

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

we don't say maths in Canada :colbert:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

we don't say maths in Canada :colbert:

10% of you do.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
It's just smath.

EMoney
Jul 19, 2004
I was thinking of a way to value/price BTC for explaining to a friend. Let's say that btc has a 25% chance of going to 0 in the next 10 years. That includes regulatory risk, hacks, climate fud, satoshi returns etc.. All the bad stuff (I think 25% is too high, but a normie would agree on that.) The flipside of that is 75% chance of success. Meaning all the bad stuff goes away. So only good left and it moons. Let's price that at 1million BTC in 10 years (which I think is reasonable). Doing a standard gambling expected value calculation (.25*0 + .75*1000000), you get an expected value of 750k in 10 years. Using a net present value calculator and the 10yr bond yield (4.5%), you get a value today of ~480k. And that's with pricing a 25% chance of going to 0.

a 50% chance of failure, gives a NPV of ~320k. Y'all aint bullish enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Is this cryptocurrency bullshit still happening? The thread's been kind of quiet, maybe that means there's a hot new way to destroy the planet :ohdear: