Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

fast forward to an investor call where he explains 100% of tesla drivers have FSD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Sagebrush posted:

i suspect that's the real goal here. get as many people as possible subscribed to it and then stonewall them when they realize and try to cancel. that's definitely how elon thinks

I think he knows the upcoming quarterly earnings report is going to be real bad and wants something he can point to an say "look at all the new signups to our high-margin product!" This is the best idea he could come up with at 2:15 AM.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Tweak posted:

fast forward to an investor call where he explains 100% of tesla drivers have FSD

I've heard FSD is incurable

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

ashpanash posted:

I've heard FSD is incurable
owning a tesla is automotive bug chasing

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

what percent of people have self dying already?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Eeyo posted:

what percent of people have self dying already?
100%

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
that dipshit can just wake up and decide to kill more people

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

having a feature that you're calling "full self drivingbeta" and may in fact kill you if you don't monitor it and installing it on every vehicle with no notice sounds like a really good idea and totally won't create loads of accidents, he really is a genius

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

qirex posted:

I really wonder what part of his weird drug brain can associate "I'm a free speech absolutist" with "I'm suing some people for saying bad things about my company"

it's super cool that government resources are going into this

elon was made accountable for his words exactly one time in his life, and we continue to suffer for his purchase of twitter. people who aren't accountable for their words say whatever the gently caress they want

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Twice if you count when he got thrown down those stairs

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
lol trying to juice the quarterlies in the last five days has big 'dog ate my homework' energy

or was this an earlier email that just was published now?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

EricBauman posted:

lol trying to juice the quarterlies in the last five days has big 'dog ate my homework' energy

Yeah, he does it every quarter. I think last quarter was the announcement that Tesla is becoming an AI company.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Megabound posted:

Yeah, he does it every quarter. I think last quarter was the announcement that Tesla is becoming an AI company.

but that was just pumping the share price directly.

this thing he's doing now is a sales directive that will take some time to filter through to reality.
he can say 'going forward,' implying he wants it right away, but it takes a few days before it's reality, and by then it's Q2

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

going forward we will actively be trying to trick customers into signing up for a 15k feature by giving them a free trial that auto charges

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

two more examples of musk being lovely

https://theintercept.com/2024/03/25/elon-musk-x-dataminr-surveillance-privacy/
Elon Musk Fought Government Surveillance — While Profiting Off Government Surveillance
Musk made hay of his legal battle against secret surveillance but continued selling X user data to a company that facilitates government monitoring.

and more damningly from NBC https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/elon-musk-x-bans-revealing-names-anonymous-users-cartoon-rcna144486
Elon Musk's X bans revealing the names of anonymous users after scrutiny of an antisemitic cartoonist
Some X users said the move was another example of Musk going out of his way to defend neo-Nazis, antisemites and white supremacists.

both good at highlighting what we all know is obvious, but the more people associate him with being a bootlicking nazi gently caress the better imo

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

love to be the sales guy who's all "I'm sorry, I can't give you the keys until we go for a ride" to an annoyed customer who just wants to gtfo lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol

Mr Elon Sir you didn't kill me the first time please give it another go

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

some kinda jackal posted:

love to be the sales guy who's all "I'm sorry, I can't give you the keys until we go for a ride" to an annoyed customer who just wants to gtfo lol
all customers must be re-neducated before being released back into the wild

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

If I was trying to make a satirical tweet making fun of Tesla I'm not sure I could come up with something that impressive.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
now, now, don't blame fsd, you were legally in control of the vehicle

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I love that 90% of the top replies to any post about the bridge collapse are blue checks racing to be the first to make a DEI joke

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I bet they want the owner to be behind the wheel "supervising" for liability purposes too, which mean the owner is basically being forced to test drive their own car and drive the tesla nerd around.

FuturePastNow posted:

I love that 90% of the top replies to any post about the bridge collapse are blue checks racing to be the first to make a DEI joke

Bet they wish their cars could briefly serve as a boat now huh :smug:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you have to love the idea of forcing every new tesla owner to risk a traffic incident in their brand new vehicle before they're allowed to drive it home.

if they actually do this on 100% of delivered vehicles it's going to juice the collision stats

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

They're going to manicure the route to be as FSD friendly as possible.

And yet I agree, it will still slam the stats lol

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

infernal machines posted:

you have to love the idea of forcing every new tesla owner to risk a traffic incident in their brand new vehicle before they're allowed to drive it home.

if they actually do this on 100% of delivered vehicles it's going to juice the collision stats

good news, they definitely aren't doing it on 100% of delivered vehicles since it's not available in CYBERTRUKKS at all

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

good news, they definitely aren't doing it on 100% of delivered vehicles since it's not available in CYBERTRUKKS at all

Looking into this

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Tesseraction posted:

lol

Mr Elon Sir you didn't kill me the first time please give it another go

:stare:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

the early model 3s built before april 2019 don't have the fsd hw3 computers too. the only ones that got upgraded had fsd purchased already

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

FuturePastNow posted:

yeah

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
Imo it's a terrible idea for tesla to expose 100% of its users to how awful FSD is. They did the right thing by hiding it behind several obstacles (including sunk cost) to make sure only the most devoted bazinga tries it.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

FuturePastNow posted:

what does the bridge collapse have to do with dei?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Eeyo posted:

they think that infrastructure is failing because companies are getting nonwhites to do jobs whites should have

they blamed the boeing stuff on dei too

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Eeyo posted:

whenever something falls apart, x collectively goes "must have been built by a black lesbian, amirite"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

when x collapses I wonder if they'll say it's because they put an incompetent ket-addled immigrant in charge

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Eeyo posted:

You won't care.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

husband and family weeping at the cemetery as the casket is lowered into the ground revealing a tombstone inscribed

still love the car

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Eeyo posted:

they are trying to say it's dei's fault for the crew being entirely indian. anyone who does so is admitting they know absolutely nothing about ocean shipping.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

"Legacy enterprises" like ships? And a Tesla never had a brainfart and steered itself into a semi truck, right?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

they are trying to say it's dei's fault for the crew being entirely indian. anyone who does so is admitting they know absolutely nothing about ocean shipping.

i looked it up before posting, it sounds like there was a local pilot anyway. plus there was some evidence of a power failure prior to the crash.

but yeah i figured the answer was everyone just replying "dei 🤣👅"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Pictured when monitor is on: Three creatures with the combined IQ of an oyster off the coast of Fukushima.