Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Tradcaths should love immaculate, it's all about the stuff they like. Weird rituals, spooky nuns, everyone is white in it, jesus is definitely a real guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A lot of hardcore Evangelicals really hate Catholicism for its satanic worship of Mary, who is actually Isis. It just proves Sweeney's tits serve the true Christian values, not some papist heresy.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Paladinus posted:

A lot of hardcore Evangelicals really hate Catholicism for its satanic worship of Mary, who is actually Isis. It just proves Sweeney's tits serve the true Christian values, not some papist heresy.

100%

as i recall my baptist preacher thundering when i was young, “i don’t need to go through mary or anybody else; i’ve got a straight connection to jeeeeeeesus himself!”

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Paladinus posted:

Not far off:

Iranian film of the life of St Mary as told in the quran:
(Watch King Herod go a bit nuts when the comet explodes - about 3 minutes in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MySTkT1mTSg

(Other versions without the ad breaks are available on youtube!)

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 26, 2024

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Phoar - look at the rack on that. Deviant behaviour.

source: https://www.pylonofthemonth.org/

I got some of those new sexy pylons near me

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
:eyepop:

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

mediaphage posted:

lmao why did you keep eating them then

Mainly because i loving well paid for them! :argh: :razzy:

Waste not, want not.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

mediaphage posted:

lmao why did you keep eating them then

I fully understand.
I don't like chocolate cake (they're almost always dry and make me shudder to eat) but stick one in front of me and I'll keep eating it.
Can't stop myself unless I squirt it with kitchen cleaning spray.
There are other foods I don't particularly like (can't think of any off hand right now) but if you put them in front of me I'll keep eating even though I don't want to.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Starbucks posted:

Norman! They're making the pylons out of concrete now, like they go about doing in Europe. Remember when we went to Calais and I said they all looked like foreign rubbish. They'll be doing this on purpose to get back at British Steel, it's that Mr Tata behind it!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I fully understand.
I don't like chocolate cake (they're almost always dry and make me shudder to eat) but stick one in front of me and I'll keep eating it.
Can't stop myself unless I squirt it with kitchen cleaning spray.

I tried this but I just ended up giving myself an addiction to Cillit Bang :(

Starbucks posted:

Not sure about this foreign muck - these pylons look much harder to climb to retrieve a football in some 1980s PSA

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Well technically I suppose it is EDF behind it so the French :france:

Also, there is a chocolate cake called a “Bruce” which has a decent cake to ganache ratio.

https://www.get-baked.co.uk/products/bruce

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Every 80s PSA has now been replaced in my mind with variations on the paintball scene from Byker Grove. Ant McPartlin flying off of a pylon yelling "I'm electrocuted man"

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

I am sorry to admit in the 80s I did play on railway lines, not the actual lines but walk up and down them on the sidings.

Anyway here’s Robbie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxXDw3WOGQs

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Every 80s PSA has now been replaced in my mind with variations on the paintball scene from Byker Grove. Ant McPartlin flying off of a pylon yelling "I'm electrocuted man"

Lol.

For me it's always the Dark and Lonely Spirit of the Water. Hate that guy, vibes are terrible

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Starbucks posted:

Well technically I suppose it is EDF behind it so the French :france:

Also, there is a chocolate cake called a “Bruce” which has a decent cake to ganache ratio.

This is a great name for a mega chocolate cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOQeU_6vbeg

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Paul Mason chat:

Skwakbox has got a recording of that exchange:

https://skwawkbox.org/2024/03/26/exclusive-listen-to-paul-masons-pro-starmer-israel-meltdown-in-full/

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 26, 2024

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Clunk click every trip.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Paladinus posted:

Clunk click every trip.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Hate that guy, vibes are terrible

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Failed Imagineer posted:

This is a great name for a mega chocolate cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOQeU_6vbeg

Don't doxx me.

Just remembered - years ago (1980s) you could go to Harrods for 'afternoon tea' - pay £5 and eat as many cream cakes as you could stuff down your face - the more you ate, the more they kept coming. When we walked in every table had big jugs of iced water on it - after 20 minutes of cake stuffing, we knew why.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 26, 2024

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

keep punching joe posted:

Tradcaths should love immaculate, it's all about the stuff they like. Weird rituals, spooky nuns, everyone is white in it, jesus is definitely a real guy.

I'm reminded of that article I saw last week where a White Nationalist moved to some really white part of the States.

And then realized he hated dating White TradCath women and also hated how his White neighbours didn't just want to prepare for a race war.
On the plus side by the end he sort of realizes that White Nationlisim is just dumb.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
When I was much younger I assumed that 'traditional Catholics' must just be people with strong opinions about Latin rites and which altar pieces go where, rather than being a few hundred people who virulently hate Pope John XXIII and every other Pope since him for saying "Jesus actually wouldn't want you to hate all Jews". For clarity they should call them something else like 'antisemitic Mel Gibson perverts' instead.

Speaking of which... :mason:

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

mediaphage posted:

if you want something sad look at the totally corrupt and utterly irrelevant supreme court of the us where clarence thomas just gets bribed mostly by going on vacations

John Oliver is trying to fix that though!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Mr Phillby posted:

https://twitter.com/fiImgal/status/1771607175766438194?t=uyXWYcUMBg9p6gRki1iEbw&s=19

Imagine producing and starring in a horror movie about a nun waking up pregnant in a convent and two weeks before your big marketing push half the us decides you're a paragon of christian virtues for no other reason than your titties are big.

Honkers for Jesus

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

When I was much younger I assumed that 'traditional Catholics' must just be people with strong opinions about Latin rites and which altar pieces go where, rather than being a few hundred people who virulently hate Pope John XXIII and every other Pope since him for saying "Jesus actually wouldn't want you to hate all Jews". For clarity they should call them something else like 'antisemitic Mel Gibson perverts' instead.

TIL

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Guavanaut posted:

It's actually a spectrum from the queerest person you can imagine to the most unhinged racist. And there are tens if not hundreds of thousands of them.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Shout out to resident cyber bong lord fuctifino, your posts about medical weed got me to mention it to my partner who suffers chronic pain and she’s now looking forward to receiving a selection box of prescription weed in the post which will really help her out :420:

Starbucks posted:

My inner nerd is actually quite happy about this, I remember some news article about this design probably a decade ago but I didn’t think they were actually building any.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Starbucks posted:

Bruce is great! Had a piece of a slice recently and was delicious

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

TACD posted:

Shout out to resident cyber bong lord fuctifino, your posts about medical weed got me to mention it to my partner who suffers chronic pain and she’s now looking forward to receiving a selection box of prescription weed in the post which will really help her out :420:

Does anyone know anything about prescription weed for anxiety? Is that a thing you can get on the NHS?

Misty Fog
Aug 18, 2020

PriorMarcus posted:

Does anyone know anything about prescription weed for anxiety? Is that a thing you can get on the NHS?

This is just from what I've heard but I think you need to go to get a private diagnosis and they will diagnose you and recommend medicinal marijuana and then I have no Idea how the rest works.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

TACD posted:

:toot:
I'm really happy for her!

PriorMarcus posted:

It's very easy via private prescription if you have a confirmed diagnosis. I know a few people (including at least one goon) who have a prescription for anxiety with Curaleaf clinic. It's as simple as going on their website, clicking the 'Am I eligible' link and taking it from there. They'll do checks and only invite you to a consultation (£50 iirc) if they think you are eligible. Meds then cost from £5.50/g upwards.

There's also a community run website which lists all the clinics, pharmacies and strains at https://medbud.wiki/ and also an active subreddit if you have any specific questions.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

be very careful trying to treat anxiety with weed

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Why? Is it something they should worry about? :ohdear:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol i can’t tell if that’s a joke or not but to be safe, weed famously can cause very high anxiety across a wide range of users

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

There are many types of 'weeds' with varying effects. Sativa dominant strains are known to amplify anxiety in some people. Indica dominant and balanced strains often do not, which is why they are prescribed by medical professionals to treat anxiety. But don't listen to me or mediaphage, listen to medical professionals from a registered clinic.

e: It should also be mentioned that black market street cannabis can often be laced with synthetic 'cannabinoid receptor agonist' research chemicals, and they are an unknown entity when it comes to pharmacological or psychological impact. You don't run this risk by getting actual prescription cannabis from a legitimate source.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 26, 2024

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
I'm talking with my form about cost of living crisis and wealth inequality tomorrow. They're 16. It seems like a good opportunity to show some short videos about this. Would love to hear if anything good come to mind? Talking about inheritance and how lots of people get their money from parents seems important and any numbers or catchy things related to that also sounds like it could be useful.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My post was a joke because of the open ended nature of your statement and that an anxious person could easily be made more so by it, but yes I did know some strains are associated with increased paranoia and anxiety.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

So you can get speed for ADHD, weed for anxiety. When are we going to get prescription cocaine for social introversion?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Oh and I’m gonna have to go bankrupt due to the online gambling leeches who corrupted my wife. Anyone got any experience or advice?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

smellmycheese posted:

Oh and I’m gonna have to go bankrupt due to the online gambling leeches who corrupted my wife. Anyone got any experience or advice?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4055386&userid=217065&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post538424776

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Paladinus posted:

It's actually a spectrum from the queerest person you can imagine to the most unhinged racist. And there are tens if not hundreds of thousands of them.
You know which specific ones I mean though, the ones who get referred to as 'TradCaths' who should just go off and join the Mister Doctor Reverend Ian Paisley's historical congregation if they feel so strongly about calling the Pope a Jewish Communist and want to be a dickhead, the ones who think that even Bill Donoghue doesn't go far enough in being a bigot, yet still want to claim the mantle of the One Holy and Catholic Church for their own.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHJbSvidohg