Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
The tunnels still have some road work going on in the toll plazas and on 95 I believe. So basically we have 695 west which is way the hell out of the way, the two tunnels that can’t take many trucks or any hazmat and I suppose there’s also the Hanover street bridge on 2 but that’s also kind of out of the way and goes right into a fairly truck unfriendly part of the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
every bridge needs a bunch of big boxing gloves that can shoot out to stop approaching vessels in their tracks

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Mozi posted:

what if we stopped using engines on the ships and each ship just had a really long rope that's attached to where they need to go and they just pull the rope to get there

That's a cable ferry. Kind of.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Oh, right, that's the other thing. The tunnels can't take hazmat for safety reasons. The bridge could because I guess burning hazmat is less dangerous hundreds of feet up above the water but in open air than in a tunnel.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Mozi posted:

every bridge needs a bunch of big boxing gloves that can shoot out to stop approaching vessels in their tracks

Or the bridge has emergency balloons so if the pylons get taken out they deploy and it just stays floating in the sky.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Sad to see but this is really on Baltimore for not building dummy bridges on each side of the real one

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

The tunnels still have some road work going on in the toll plazas and on 95 I believe. So basically we have 695 west which is way the hell out of the way, the two tunnels that can’t take many trucks or any hazmat and I suppose there’s also the Hanover street bridge on 2 but that’s also kind of out of the way and goes right into a fairly truck unfriendly part of the city.

The hanover street bridge is another disaster waiting to happen. I wasn't a huge fan of driving over the key/bay bridges but the hanover street bridge is a straight up nope from me.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Look forward to fox news blaming this on FORNERS

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
They should replace the bridge with a Hyperloop.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

QuarkJets posted:

Look forward to fox news blaming this on FORNERS

This was local workers, however we cannot rule out that they interacted with an illegal immigrant, minority, or woman at some point, which could have impacted their job performance. It's all together possible they've even seen the new Star wars.

Fishy Flip
Jan 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Found some aftermath close-ups.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The only thing that can stop a 95000 ton ship is yo momma standing in front of it.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Xerol posted:

The hanover street bridge is another disaster waiting to happen. I wasn't a huge fan of driving over the key/bay bridges but the hanover street bridge is a straight up nope from me.

They did some work on it from 2019-2021 but yeah it’s old and it’s a mess. Also you have to drive through Brooklyn which is good if you want fentanyl and bad if you want your car to have a functional suspension from all the pot holes.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Xerol posted:

"As of January 2016, the [Hanover] bridge is in a state of disrepair, riddled with numerous potholes – some exposing the rebar below."

:stare:

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Exposed rebar doesn’t mean the bridge is gonna fall down

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
This is a steel bridge, the exposed rebar would be in the pavement which typically isn't relied upon for stability (for exactly this reason). It just means your pavement is hosed.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I could've stopped the boat.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Hanover St bridge is definitely a real piece of poo poo and probably should get double checked if it’s gonna have an influx of traffic now

It’s kind of cool looking though, I always liked driving over it

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

In terms of carnage and mayhem, this is a lowly 1/11. But in terms of physical destruction, I’m thinking Bodymore has a solid 4/11 on its hands

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

AndrewP posted:

Hanover St bridge is definitely a real piece of poo poo and probably should get double checked if it’s gonna have an influx of traffic now

It’s kind of cool looking though, I always liked driving over it

I had to walk across it once because traffic for the ravens Super Bowl celebration thing was so bad. It was weird being able to see the water through holes in the bridge lol

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

The problem isn't being able to see the rebar through the holes, the problem is seeing the water through the holes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Just cover the holes with a tarp.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

Deformed Church posted:

I could've stopped the boat.

we should be building bridges out of you

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

sounds like they should have just crashed the boat into this other crappier bridge you guys are talking about

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

People beat me to talking about the bridge where you could see the water below through the potholes, lol. The key bridge was fine. Hanover, though? That's some lovely infrastructure.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Every white girl on dating apps who says their most irrational fear is driving over a collapsing bridge just poo poo themselves.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

This was local workers, however we cannot rule out that they interacted with an illegal immigrant, minority, or woman at some point, which could have impacted their job performance. It's all together possible they've even seen the new Star wars.

its literally been blamed on affirmative action lol

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

William Bear posted:

Every white girl on dating apps who says their most irrational fear is driving over a collapsing bridge just poo poo themselves.

My wife has this fear and now I have a tremendous opportunity to be a dick.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Fishy Flip posted:

Found some aftermath close-ups.

looks like all empties.

america is no longer the sex arse export giant it once was.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Saalkin posted:

Boats shouldn't hit bridges I'm thinking???

Sharks and cargo ships can't get you if you don't go in the water, or they're sand sharks like that movie with Hulk Hogan's daughter. Just build the bridges on land.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

you miss 100% of the bridges you don't navigate

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

frumpykvetchbot posted:

looks like all empties.

america is no longer the sex arse export giant it once was.

:colbert: Those were imported sex arses.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Baltimore used to be the number one exporter of high quality American made sex arses. But then the silicone mines out Pittsburgh dried up and the private equity firms started making them oversees. My grandfather bought a rowhome in Brewers Hill working down at the sex rear end factory, his dad too. The last one closed back in 86, but they say sometimes when the wind is right and the tide is low you can still hear the sound of flesh on plastic, pumping away into oblivion.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I feel bad for all the people stuck inside the containers.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Baltimore used to be the number one exporter of high quality American made sex arses. But then the silicone mines out Pittsburgh dried up and the private equity firms started making them oversees. My grandfather bought a rowhome in Brewers Hill working down at the sex rear end factory, his dad too. The last one closed back in 86, but they say sometimes when the wind is right and the tide is low you can still hear the sound of flesh on plastic, pumping away into oblivion.

The old sex arse factory is luxury, waterfront condos now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The_Franz posted:

The old sex arse factory is luxury, waterfront condos now.

Next to the blowjob factory?

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
All that undelivered cargo from Temu.com. what a waste

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So do boats normally lose power inexplicably

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

All that undelivered cargo from Temu.com. what a waste

Not sure if this is what you meant but one side of that bridge is nothing but fulfilment centers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I hope whoever builds the next bridge at least has the common sense to hang a sign off the side that says IMPORTANT BRIDGE, DO NOT CRASH unlike the yahoos who built the last one