Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Total Party Kill posted:

There's basically no downside to this SCOTUS abortion case.

If they rule against the abortion pill, they'll only further fire up the democratic base to flush these turds down the toilet as we've been doing since 2018.

If they rule for the abortion pill, they'll only further demoralize the republican base and give them doomer blues (and women will also continue to have at least one option for their reproductive health)

uh actually, i would argue, there is a downside if they ban the abortion pill.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

my guess is a bunch of people in management and anchors and etc complained hard and they 180d.

lol maddow was basically saying you fools, you morons on her show last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

don't see anything about it being made in the USA

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Samovar posted:

It's strange. Another time, I could have felt sympathy. But their actions have completely removed the basic urge in me. I only hope that they manage to destroy themselves and their movement in such a way that they never interact with other humans in any meaningful way ever again.

nah

contributors at the Racism, Homophobia, & Misogyny Factory being frequently exploited and assaulted by their closeted boss clad in a dress and blackface is really funny, actually. same as with the Alex Jones crew being screamed at and pummelled by a raging alcoholic. or Barstool employees being denied workers rights. or Nick Fuentes' incels being fired for failing the blacklight purity test. or... etc etc etc.

Sucks for family and support staff but the active employees know what they signed up for. I imagine every proudly conservative workplace is something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vFTMjYJTnY

Durf fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 26, 2024

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

hes a character from microsoft 3d movie maker come to life

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 35 hours!

Eventually they’ll just get sticky all over again.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

thunderspanks posted:

why the gently caress would trump endorse a product made in the USA lol

it's cheaper to have children living in a windowless sweatshop make his bibles

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Oh good, all the things Conservatives claim to live their life by, yet can't name a single thing about.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

thunderspanks posted:

That’s cause EVERYBODY knows the Bible came from the USA :colbert:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

jokes posted:

Never underestimate the lengths republicans will go to for a grift

Maybe if they fed it into Grok and said "make DJT more bigly than the lord" and let it crank away on that

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

emSparkly posted:

No, having the most powerful court in the country rule against reproductive rights is pretty much 100% bad actually.

The US SC, now the single dumbest government body on the planet, likely believed that they were sating the base and didn't think through that it was just dumping blood in the water and now they're fielding every possible assault on our nation's vaginas.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Where’s the boner garage tattoo lady when you need her?

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

That's a fair call-out, I can do better.

I love you, you’re a top three poster on here.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

https://archive.is/npZB2
Trump Media Is Now the Most Expensive US Stock to Bet Against

Borrowing costs over 200 times average for US-listed firms
SPAC short-sellers lost $158 million on paper in 2024: S3

Betting against former president Donald Trump’s social media startup is one of the most difficult and expensive short trades in the market, according to financial analytics firm S3 Partners.
Investors tempted to bet against Trump Media & Technology Group Corp. are facing annual financing costs to borrow the shares of more than 150%, and risks that the stock’s meme-like volatility and loyal fanbase could burn them even more. The newly-public company is the most expensive US stock to bet against, with over $100 million of short interest, S3 data show.
The short trade is expensive in part because there’s a tiny amount of shares available to borrow and strong interest in betting against the company as shares hold onto gains, according to Ihor Dusaniwsky, managing director of predictive analytics at S3 Partners.

Meme Stock Run
The stock jumped as much as 59% in Tuesday’s debut on the Nasdaq after the deal to take the unprofitable company behind Truth Social public capped an eye-popping meme stock run, and provided a paper windfall for Trump as he faces a mounting series of legal and financial woes.

Even so, experienced investors are mostly opting to stay away, according to a straw poll of five activist short sellers.
“I would not go near it,” said Anne Stevenson-Yang, co-founder and research director of short seller J Capital Research Ltd. “This is a crazy meme stock that’s pumped by Trump fanboys.”

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Pook Good Mook posted:

Yes, but it's also going to stop in a week. No one on Wall Street is holding onto this stock.

There are going to be two crashes in the stock - one in a week or so, and one when Trump unloads his shares. Then the company is dead and Trump is back on Twitter.

There are a lot of idiots who think they can outplay everyone else because those other people are idiots. They know the stock will collapse in a dump, but because they're "smart" enough to have figured out this thing that no one else has figured out, they won't be the ones holding the bag.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

please stop posting spooky Kim

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Frank Frank posted:

Where’s the boner garage tattoo lady when you need her?

i don't think i've every really *needed* boner garage lady tbh

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Scags McDouglas posted:

The US SC, now the single dumbest government body on the planet, likely believed that they were sating the base and didn't think through that it was just dumping blood in the water and now they're fielding every possible assault on our nation's vaginas.

We have these fascists an inch and now they are attempting to take a mile! It’s almost as if appeasement of fascism only empowers them! How could we have known this?

*cracks open a history book* This has to be the first time we’ve eve- uhhh hold on, whoa. Whoa.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

sugar free jazz posted:

please stop posting spooky Kim

spooky kim is RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!

Also this is a rather lol-free article https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2024/03/trump-biden-election-schools-israel-immigration-abortion-courts.html

show it to anyone who says "eh I don't like biden because <x>"

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

dee eight posted:

i don't think i've every really *needed* boner garage lady tbh

Just know that you’ll be in good company when you decide to admit the truth.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
The bible specifically warns against this sort of pledging undying allegiance and alignment with a man-made government but yeah for sure a USA bible with "God bless America" inside.

If God was real, he would have nuked this entire country by now.

Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 26, 2024

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

pixaal posted:

Normally lockup periods are very solid, but CNBC said this one has a clause that the board can waive it. I haven't gone to read the details because there's a lot of pages and I'm going to trust CNBC here. Now who is on the board of DJT?

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/djt/company-profile?pid=200990474

I don’t recognize the names, but given the association, it’s probably safe to assume that they’re turbo- or giga-chuds who will bend over backwards to make daddy Trump happy. I mean, they would have to. He literally is the only thing of value in the whole company.

So while I doubt they’ll allow him to just offload everything and hit the bricks, he’ll be able to sell enough to rake in a cool $1-2 billion, making that $454 million judgment against him meaningless. He’ll still be richer than he was before.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Catastrophe posted:

The bible specifically warns against this sort of pledging undying allegiance alignment with a man-made government but yeah for sure a USA bible with "God bless America" inside.

I think that’s the plot of Shin Megami Tensei

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Today on Fox Business, to help explain the intricacies of the stock market to viewers, here’s Bonkers the Clown!

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

I don’t know about the rest of you fuckin scrubs, but I just took out a second mortgage on my house and put it all in Truth stock and I’d advise you all to do the same

I tried but the bank refused to let me take out another mortgage on your house. :(

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Catastrophe posted:

The bible specifically warns against this sort of pledging undying allegiance alignment with a man-made government but yeah for sure a USA bible with "God bless America" inside.

maybe this country is god's way of nuking the whole world

whoa

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

madmatt112 posted:

Just know that you’ll be in good company when you decide to admit the truth.

wanted and needed are two different things

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Henry Lee Mucus posted:

I don’t know about the rest of you fuckin scrubs, but I just took out a second mortgage on my house and put it all in Truth stock and I’d advise you all to do the same

this is financial advice?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ah

I remember when the Apostle John talks about the Right to Bear Arms

Lmao what happened to Render to Ceasar that which is Ceasar's?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Strong Sauce posted:

this is financial advice?

it's TRUTH (social)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Catastrophe posted:

Well he did allow Trump to be elected president, so it may be one of those delayed reactions.

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Meanwhile outside scotus

Flaunting my successful pregnancy as I pull the ladder up on women who have fertility struggles and actually need these pills to get the same result.

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

maybe this country is god's way of nuking the whole world

whoa

You got it backwards. Things becoming more and more absurd over time ever since MAD was put into place is consistent with quantum immortality.

We are only ever allowed to experience the branch of reality where MAD isn't triggered, and that's just what it takes at this point.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

TulliusCicero posted:

Ah

I remember when the Apostle John talks about the Right to Bear Arms

Lmao what happened to Render to Ceasar that which is Ceasar's?

Remember when Jesus took the bread and fishes and made some kickass grenade launchers out of them?

beef sweat
Jan 1, 2013

Automatic Slim posted:

Thomas Jefferson took a bible and cut out all the miracles and supernatural stories, hence the Jeffersonian Bible.
Trump's bible keeps all the supernatural stories but cuts out parables about forgiveness, charity, and mercy. It's called the Bigly Bible.

Pontius Pilate had Jesus Derangement Syndrome (he hated him!!) and campaigned as Roman Governor to Get Jesus (me!)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Can Jesus like actually come down and cave this fuckboi's head in already?

Like holy poo poo, actual no poo poo Heresy lmao

Also "Gold paged binles" is so on brand Trumpist, like holy poo poo

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Scam Likely posted:

Flaunting my successful pregnancy as I pull the ladder up on women who have fertility struggles and actually need these pills to get the same result.

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

They should be shot out of a cannon into the sun.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

beef sweat posted:

Pontius Pilate had Jesus Derangement Syndrome (he hated him!!) and campaigned as Roman Governor to Get Jesus (me!)

King Herod's banquets are no longer "Hot"!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007