Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Ariong posted:

Point of fact mine was actually an Elan Sleazebaggano joke.

There is absolutely going to be a lightsaber keyblade in a future Kingdom Hearts game. Maybe not KH4.

Psh. Xemnas was already dual wielding lightsabers in KH1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
You can't make a video deriding war then give a talk at Lockheed Martin.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheMightyBoops posted:

Oh my gawrsh Sora it’s the Chuds.
me? im already half-vaccinated

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

fun hater posted:

consumers of leftist content on youtube, the platform where advertising dictates what is or isnt important, might have to actually think about and consider the wider consequences of their choices

e: leftist consumers

ok. i do not think "has this content creator played a bit role in a star wars thing" meets the minimum threshold of relevance for me to factor it into the consequences i assign to watching a youtube video. i do not say this in an attempt to ridicule those who do consider it relevant, i say this because taking it into account would require me to multiply the amount of effort i put into the social media hellscape for no real benefit. i don't think it's too wormbrained to claim that holding all creators (even all ostensibly leftist creators) to this standard would be impracticable, because nobody does a background check of every video they run into. in practice, this would only ever become relevant for creators who are visible enough, either because they've amassed huge followings or because they've become internet main characters for the day.

i guess i can sum it up as: i think it's possible to be critical of Content™ entirely on the basis of if it brings up solid points or not. Thorne's video on urbanism was okay and then she said some stupid poo poo, so i stopped watching. i don't think there's any creator out there who becomes completely unassailable if you don't allow yourself to follow the minutiae personal life and just focus on their ~video essays~.
the worst case scenario of weighing the worth of Creators™ entirely on the merit of their content output and nothing else is that you might be out of the loop and watch a couple of extra videos of them when everyone else had already written them off for tweeting stupid poo poo or having a messy breakup or whatever. that doesn't seem like a huge deal.

again, i do consider the moral fiber of the creators, but i narrow it down to the binary of "is this person heinous and/or annoying enough to block and/or unsubscribe". i don't think i'm required to do anything more so i don't.

e: new max miller video. i think he used to play prince charming on disneyland, so it's relevant!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG0lgnrGHv0

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

everybody shut up and check new video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcxthg885ZY

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

please watch this puppy video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEljBCZ4r48

Whirling fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 26, 2024

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

No way, you didn't even embed it correctly

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Mr. Lobe posted:

No way, you didn't even embed it correctly

dammit!

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Motto posted:

idc about the youtuber but there is a philosopher whose association with disney I choose to forgive: tetsuya nomura

:hai:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

lol

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
here is a man creating a spider in minecraft using the black magic that is known as the Command Block and explaining his process
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc9x1e85L0w&hd=1

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

https://youtu.be/fwS6WsPCuYY?feature=shared

Infinite Review covers Dinosaurs Attack bubblegum trading cards, the follow-up to the infamous Mars Attack, and other related bubblegum cards

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

new breadtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lEpY6hIg6w

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

bird. posted:

Infinite Review covers Dinosaurs Attack bubblegum trading cards, the follow-up to the infamous Mars Attack, and other related bubblegum cards

First time I had heard of this and while a) definitely would have had nightmares as a kid from those cards b) it's criminal that we didn't get that movie! drat man making movies about fish!

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

lmfao

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
i love kingdom hearts

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Quintons Dan Schneider video dropped and you can tell he got scooped on it bc it's only 2 hours long

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Thank you so much, I saw this in vinesauce joel’s voices of the void video and meant to look it up but I forgot.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I AM GRANDO posted:

How does Philosophy Tube appearing in Star Wars compare to Contrapoints appearing on that Hilary Clinton interview show? I feel like the reason for each is the same (31-year-old assistant asked to tell the boss about something hip they’re really into right now and the 31-year-old assistant is secretly a weird dork).
Hahaha, holy poo poo! I think you nailed it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I just think it’s funny that one left youtuber lives in another left youtuber’s mind full time apparently. like drat go learn how to make pottery or something

play a video game. I recommend Picross 3D Roumd 2

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Spaced God posted:

Quintons Dan Schneider video dropped and you can tell he got scooped on it bc it's only 2 hours long

Didn’t realize Dan Schneiders wiki page had 2 hours of stuff to read.

Edit: oh wait ad reads

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Spaced God posted:

Quinton's video length and production pipeline means he'd get scooped on tectonic drift.

Edit: Has anyone checked to make sure he's not just blandly listing all the things Schneider did like he's doing episode summaries

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
quinton using the royal we in that video title

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I think Abigail also has a more varied outlet and you can tell she can more easily shoot the poo poo on anything she shows up in, which is probably why she won't reply back to Contra.

I did a quick watch of the Dan Schneider vid: Video production is far simpler, its more serious, and no its just not summing up everything weird on every episode, and I can tell he had to think hard before dumping it because he poked a bit at the recent "Oh look Nickleodeon had a foot as a logo once \ Nick's icon looks a bit like Little St James \ Look at this Spunch bob gag that looks a bit like they're referencing Dan" nonsense that has popped up in recent weeks. At most there's some... summation of Dan's old series and its a good bookend between the start and the end.

Kunster fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 26, 2024

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Fil5000 posted:

Quinton's video length and production pipeline means he'd get scooped on tectonic drift.

Edit: Has anyone checked to make sure he's not just blandly listing all the things Schneider did like he's doing episode summaries

This is part one: summaries of each episode of Head of the Class.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
RE: Philosophy Tube

Abigail really just wants to be an actress. Many times in her videos she's mentioned that Philosophy Tube was just an outlet to use her Philosophy degree between stage acting and screen acting gigs. That's why she goes overboard with her skits and has overly fleshed out character's for them compared to other breadtube creators. It's all be advertising for her acting career and for a highlight reel of her "range".

Her side projects with Nebula have all been in depth acting, directing, and stage plays. Of course she's going to jump on the chance to be in a Disney production.

The difference I've always felt between Natalie and Abigail is: Natalie has "theater kid" energy and Abigail is a Theater Kid. One just hangs around with the crew and actors as a shield to act weird and one is there because they love acting (and is also weird).

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

It's not really the same without the video's dead silence and slow pan-in to really emphasize what you're looking at.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I AM GRANDO posted:

This is part one: summaries of each episode of Head of the Class.

Well now I just want a Howard Hessman retrospective.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Fil5000 posted:

No way in hell am I watching the whole thing, but I jumped to random points in the video, and he talks about how Dan Schneider's wife made a cameo in a lot of his shows. I jumped to another part, and it seems like he is just mentioning every time feet come up in iCarly (and giant hands for some reason).

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

contrapoints really just seems mad that her ex got an acting gig after transitioning and doing skits in bisexual lighting

seems like personal and professional jealousy to me

anyway. they're both losers

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Ivypls posted:

anyway. they're both losers

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah again its mostly just petty high school poo poo. unless contrapoints thinks her sub-nostalgia critic skits are original content do not steal

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

watching jenny's video on Pokemon Live. there's just five minutes of the stage show dedicated to the crew wheeling out a bunch of pokemon puppets/statues on wheels and spinning them around, hoping the crowd will applaud for their favorites, but there's no crowd reaction

so it's just five minutes of random pokemon being wheeled out, spun around, and then pulled away like it's a fashion show, with a droning edm drum beat in the background, and nothing but complete silence and crew hot mic muttering

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

there's just five minutes of the stage show dedicated to the crew wheeling out a bunch of pokemon puppets/statues on wheels and spinning them around, hoping the crowd will applaud for their favorites, but there's no crowd reaction

so it's just five minutes of random pokemon being wheeled out, spun around, and then pulled away like it's a fashion show, with a droning edm drum beat in the background, and nothing but complete silence and crew hot mic muttering

Sounds very funny in abstract, very depressing to experience.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

yeah again its mostly just petty high school poo poo. unless contrapoints thinks her sub-nostalgia critic skits are original content do not steal

never watched a second of any of her videos but she absolutely does

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Angryhead posted:

First time I had heard of this and while a) definitely would have had nightmares as a kid from those cards b) it's criminal that we didn't get that movie! drat man making movies about fish!

I just loved the "Who killed the dinosaurs? .....We did."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Crain posted:

RE: Philosophy Tube

Abigail really just wants to be an actress. Many times in her videos she's mentioned that Philosophy Tube was just an outlet to use her Philosophy degree between stage acting and screen acting gigs. That's why she goes overboard with her skits and has overly fleshed out character's for them compared to other breadtube creators. It's all be advertising for her acting career and for a highlight reel of her "range".

Yeah this was pretty obvious because the skits made the videos far worse than they would've been if they'd been excised. That's true of most skits in most content creators' videos but hers really ground the subject to a halt. I want to say my introduction to the channel was the abortion video and I remember thinking what is all this poo poo.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The thing is, there was a period where PT was blatantly copying Contra to a weird degree. You can see a switch in the presentation of PT's vids the moment Contra gets big which lasts for a good several years. (I think it stopped anyway, I stopped watching PT a few years ago). So she does have a good point about PT copying her shtick.