Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

euphronius posted:

illegals welcome lol

Missed that lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
ummm… my body my choice. ya’ll CHUDS are simply suppressing the rules based international order for the self determination of body autonomy for disenfranchised marginalized LGBTQIA2S+ BIPOCs lived experiences, this is police brutality and extrajudicial land body colonialization of one’s self lived experiences for self termination

do better

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Exactly what I mean about this loving Canadian mindset that "You know how cancer is an act of God, and there's nothing that can be done, but ease your suffering?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I've decided that all of these things (poverty/mental health/being indigenous) are just like that, and we should ease their suffering too"

and then making the entire debate a question about are you a good and open minded person who believes in autonomy or not, instead of... you know, the fact that those can all be addressed. There are no political questions in Canada, and certainly no economic ones, it's just a matter of "how would you like neoliberal hell packaged?"

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
doctor seeing a healthy 27 year old woman with autism and ADHD "I know how this will end. Let's put her out of her loving misery now before it gets any worse"

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I just think it would be a good thing to find a place for every human to live and thrive instead of having unlimited action figures

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

thread title

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Casey Finnigan posted:

doctor seeing a healthy 27 year old woman with autism and ADHD "I know how this will end. Let's put her out of her loving misery now before it gets any worse"

Canada only took in 60 or so Nazi scientists and technicians, but it's going to turn out the group was entirely made up of the people who did Aktion T4 or something

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Casey Finnigan posted:

Euthanizing awkwards

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Crazypoops posted:

Euthanizing awkwards

They have to wear armbands with "Adorkable" written on them.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Doing the wall speech

"This one's annoying, and that one is cringe! Who let this riffraff into the room?!"

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The physiologic treatment of patients is very narrow in scope and context with regard to the systemic issues of euthanasia. Individual doctors are not out there scheming to deny or force people into euthanasia you pizzagate addled maroons.

Specifically, material conditions of society have nothing to do with my commentary on individual health care providers being 'cold and uncaring' in discussions of terminal conditions and the options.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Asproigerosis has issued a correction as of 20:47 on Mar 26, 2024

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

and thus the future of Canadian webcomics was sealed

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Casey Finnigan posted:

all the angels of death that got caught furious that they could have just moved to canada and used their licenses to legally murder people

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I 100% believe doctors are doing that. they are among the worst people in the world

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Asproigerosis posted:

The physiologic treatment of patients is very narrow in scope and context with regard to the systemic issues of euthanasia. Individual doctors are not out there scheming to deny or force people into euthanasia you pizzagate addled maroons.

Go back into your basement scan boy

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Pizzagate ftw

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Asproigerosis posted:

and yet, apparently at least two of them were.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

euphronius posted:

illegals welcome lol
i don't remember that part

great

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

He just wants his patients to be dead because they never hold still

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

euphronius posted:

I 100% believe doctors are doing that. they are among the worst people in the world

Criminal/sociopath doctors notwithstanding of course. This is standard disclaimer.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Lol death panels

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i don't know bro you can't really make any of the compassionate death for terminal patients arguments if the government is okay with prescribing euthanasia for non life threatening mental illness. It doesn't make sense. You can't put the two together

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Mr Hootington posted:

Lol death panels

They were right!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Asproigerosis recommending MAiD for a 3 year old who had the wiggles

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Canada is the worst country for something like this to gain traction in because of that liberal-left thing. If you label anything as progress they will sign off on literally whatever.

Xaris posted:

ummm… my body my choice. ya’ll CHUDS are simply suppressing the rules based international order for the self determination of body autonomy for disenfranchised marginalized LGBTQIA2S+ BIPOCs lived experiences, this is police brutality and extrajudicial land body colonialization of one’s self lived experiences for self termination

do better

Barely satirical.

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

This is a pretty big deal, correct?

Biden having to go out there and deal with this is not going to make him, or mayor pete, look good.

This is America and fixing it would cost me, personally, by way of increased taxes.

I'm sure we can just go around the water.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The Occidental doesn't put the same high price on life as does an Easterner. Life is plentiful. Life is cheap in the Occident.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The doctors on these maple death panels are the same as the doctors in america that work for insurance companies and deny authorizations at 300 apm. They are not actual practicing clinicians and are a disgrace to the medical field (high chance they were forced into this role from loving up and getting bigly sued out of being allowed to actually practice)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Asproigerosis recommending MAiD for a 3 year old who had the wiggles

it's sad but there's nothing more we can do for them once they've contracted Jumpy Legs

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1772616142294532530

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Asproigerosis posted:

The doctors on these maple death panels are the same as the doctors in america that work for insurance companies and deny authorizations at 300 apm. They are not actual practicing clinicians and are a disgrace to the medical field (high chance they were forced into this role from loving up and getting bigly sued out of being allowed to actually practice)

Okay, so, that brings us back to why this shouldn't be allowed, instead of how sad cancer is.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Casey Finnigan posted:

i don't know bro you can't really make any of the compassionate death for terminal patients arguments if the government is okay with prescribing euthanasia for non life threatening mental illness. It doesn't make sense. You can't put the two together

I'm not talking about the government I'm talking about specific individual doctors that are the active attending clinicians for patients. The government applied euthanasia is so far out from my wheelhouse I can't even see it from this bridge here. I wasn't even talking about it when first responding to pfc being upset about the vet not being empathetic enough for rats.

I'm just saying individual doctors that are the attending clinicians for patients are not trying to force death on their patients and conversely the terminal situation where people still want to do everything possible even though it is almost certainly futile is a very common and soul crushing experience for health care workers.

Why is the government involved with the determination anyway canada? Wtf are you doing, government shouldn't have any part in a decision about euthanasia unless it's some hosed up thing where the capacity to make decisions and consent are very blurred.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Let's loving go. Crisis averted.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Canada only took in 60 or so Nazi scientists and technicians, but it's going to turn out the group was entirely made up of the people who did Aktion T4 or something

Canada got all the poo poo leftovers that couldn't go to the states, UK or Russia. Mostly low level guards, not even any "valuable" knowledge.

Also Canada has been sterilizing Indigenous women before the nazis even came over. Hell they haven't even stopped and continue to do it to this day.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I take it back, it was all worth it

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
In hindsight, I don't think I'm talking about what you guys are talking about.

Euthanasia should be legal and a process left to the patient/provider relationship and not determined by government obamna panels, imo.

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

ozempic is propping up the entire economy

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Asproigerosis posted:

Why is the government involved with the determination anyway canada? Wtf are you doing, government shouldn't have any part in a decision about euthanasia unless it's some hosed up thing where the capacity to make decisions and consent are very blurred.

They write the laws and guidelines, but anyway the article said this went to the courts because Alberta has no other venue for appeals so it doesn't seem like the government is involved in individual decisions.

Asproigerosis posted:

maple death panels

I prefer walnut but you reminded me of the important news that another mysteriously warm winter lead to low maple syrup production and now Quebec's strategic maple syrup reserve is almost empty.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Asproigerosis posted:

Euthanasia should be legal and a process left to the patient/provider relationship and not determined by government obamna panels, imo.

That relationship is mediated through capitalist understandings of the value of human life though (extract value until you are worthless as a laborer). So it doesn't work right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Asproigerosis posted:

I remember watching this Louis Theroux documentary and finding a lot of it really grim in many ways. The people in the Pacific north west were obvious psychopaths.