Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Vertical Lime posted:

yeah, do the participating teams play the previous saturday or so

Nope. Divisional game. They play Monday then turn around and play again on Wednesday. The Dallas Cowboys vs. The Philadelphia Eagles. There are no survivors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

There's all sorts of fascinating stuff with this play. Like I presume wedges are illegal, but can you move around pre-ball landing as long as you keep your feet on your line? Can you pass teammates?

Receiving team has the disadvantage of not being able to see when the ball lands and the kicking team at the same time, so more read and react based for them.

Silly Burrito posted:

Some rules:
No one other than the kicker and returner(s) can move until the ball hits the ground or a player inside the landing zone.

Doesn't sound like you can do any weird poo poo with the blocking formation sliding around, which is lame.

Also losing the surprise onside is a bummer of a side effect. Although if they are done from two wildly different formations there's really no way to make that work.

e: this still sounds cool and good though, looking forward to seeing how it works

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 26, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1772662222692446263

That sounds awful.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I can't wait to see what the broadcast schedule looks like in 5 years.

https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1772661757934268643?s=20

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
A Wednesday game is so so dumb

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i am glad for the christmas wednesday game

hell, give me a game every day of the week, i dont care, i like to watch football

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This is gonna gently caress up my jewmass plans. rough....

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1772412558080725331

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Still waiting for the killing the goose that laid the golden egg moment with all of these dumb streaming service exclusive games (or just so many siloed streaming services).

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

at least more people have amazon

https://x.com/profootballtalk/status/1772664387804745883?s=46

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Pain of Mind posted:

Still waiting for the killing the goose that laid the golden egg moment with all of these dumb streaming service exclusive games (or just so many siloed streaming services).

Illegal streaming is the answer because gently caress signing up for 8 different streaming services to get all the games you want. The days of constant buffering or the NFL being able to shut down streams are mostly gone.

It's the same poo poo with streaming in general. Wanting people to sign up for so many different services ends up being no different than the old days of cable and just drives more people back to torrents.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Black Sunshine posted:

Illegal streaming is the answer because gently caress signing up for 8 different streaming services to get all the games you want. The days of constant buffering or the NFL being able to shut down streams are mostly gone.

It's the same poo poo with streaming in general. Wanting people to sign up for so many different services ends up being no different than the old days of cable and just drives more people back to torrents.

What if there was a way to ... bundle all the streaming packages together? No, not quite right. How about some sort of cabling scheme?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

God dammit I keep forgetting to cancel peacock.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Soul Glo posted:

i am glad for the christmas wednesday game

hell, give me a game every day of the week, i dont care, i like to watch football

that's what maction is for

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

FizFashizzle posted:

its cool. i didn't realize that the athletic was 72 fuckin dollars a year until like a month ago. tired of subscription poo poo

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1772660926170214549?t=0R808ExTLL4ctzx9Wd_xyA&s=19

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:lol: Teams are straight up refusing exclusively being laughed at due to Hard Knocks, so we'll spread the misery around!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Black Sunshine posted:

The streams are way better but there’s still buffering and delay issues.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

sometimes the streams die for a second and you have to reload but i have the same delay issue with Fox games on hulu so its a wash

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Android Apocalypse posted:

:lol: Teams are straight up refusing exclusively being laughed at due to Hard Knocks, so we'll spread the misery around!

Frankly I'm amazed it last as long as it has since it has always been a let's laugh at these losers vicious thing.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1772679857173860730?t=r2Thg-bljrtq6rx6NW2GwA&s=19

He gone next year, and they're getting nothing but maybe a comp back. He can't be tagged.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

There's a 'first year head coaches can't be on hard knocks' rule, right?

When we got bad I figured the NFL was salivating to finally make the Pats do one, but foiled again

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Dak to Carolina would be my guess if he actually leaves. I don't think that owner would bat an eye at making him the highest paid QB in the league.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

wandler20 posted:

Dak to Carolina would be my guess if he actually leaves. I don't think that owner would bat an eye at making him the highest paid QB in the league.

Why would Carolina give up on their point guard after only 2 years?

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Black Sunshine posted:

If he doesn't show something this year, I think they absolutely will.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Black Sunshine posted:

maybe tepper finally heard about positionless basketball

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Granted he wasn't 1st overall but the Steelers dumpstered Pickett after 2 seasons. If Bryce sucks out loud again this year they should be looking to the future. Maybe they'll even be able to use the high pick they get for being awful this time lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

yeah that makes a lot of sense

they'll be close to the league lead in cap space next year too, pending what they do with Derrick brown

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Prime's son comes out next year, you know he's going to engineer his kid to Dallas or the 9ers. This is the real reason Jerry isn't negotiating with Dak

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Coach Prime in Dallas

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Let's do an all nfc south hard Knocks and really get the misery train going

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

man, just bring back last chance u and also have it be about football again

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Canales talking about how they're going to fix Bryce Young and it's literally starting from fundamentals.

https://x.com/TomPelissero/status/1772697681342640580?s=20

Also love the implication that after a seasons worth of tape they still don't know what routes and concepts bryce is comfortable with

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Are they going to get him one of those operations where they make your legs longer?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

https://twitter.com/IndieWire/status/1770798255103688766

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

How many are active vs. forgot to cancel

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Peacock is cheap enough that i guess people just forget about it. Netflix is 23 bucks a loving month now and people just forget about it too lol

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I actually like Peacock...yes I'm watching Columbo right now.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Are they going to get him one of those operations where they make your legs longer?

They're hoping he evolves into Bryce Adolescent and gets a second growth spurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

swickles posted:

How many are active vs. forgot to cancel

They had a Black Friday deal that was like $20/year. I got it just because it shut my kids up about us not having 400 streaming services like their friends and was also forgettable amount for a year of shutting them up. And watching a single game. But I'm willing to bet they're counting that in the "actually, our service is so good that they kept their subscription going!" number.