Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Quackles posted:

Will Hulk Buster merge with a card?

Nope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Quackles posted:

Will Hulk Buster merge with a card?

I’ve never seen this tried but I’m about 99% sure it would not work.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Full tilt mode this morning :yikes:

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
i would simply not allow myself to be tilted and to know that this is good, actually

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If you just win you won't get tilted

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Whoever designed Professor X probably needs to have their ability to program and/or design cards removed. Goblins won't trigger either. Hulkbuster makes no goddamn sense as a thing that doesn't trigger.

What's really stupid is he doesn't even lock down the location like he claims. In fact, Location is one of the main things you can gently caress with if he's out. I've defeated an early Professor X with Quake, by sending him to the Symbiote planet and turning him into one. (EDIT: Why, yes. This was my single happiest moment in Marvel Snap. Why do you ask?) So people saying Hulkbuster won't work surprises me, because things can be merged on his location. In the game I am talking about, him and the other cards got turned into a Symbiote, ending the effect.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Would love to see a professor rework as more of a supporting card

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm guessing the code considers the merged card to be a new card, which is why it doesn't work since it's then considered adding a card. Same reason the Goblins don't work, because you're technically adding them to the other lane. They probably should just haven't disabled on reveals across the board though to simplify it

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

One year to the month of paying (playing) this game: I finally bought thanos.

Second dinner you may officially nerf him

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Yeah!!!! Cards shouldn't get revealed after him either!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I looked through the goon snap discord to double-check and I've in fact had it happen against me. This was the first week of February so maybe it got patched since then but I've definitely had HB fuse with Deadpool after I played X

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Nikumatic posted:

i would simply not allow myself to be tilted and to know that this is good, actually

Snazzy Frocks posted:

If you just win you won't get tilted

Gonna try these and report back

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Maybe I finally got through all the stupid rear end titles they added a while back, because I'm starting to pick up variants on the collection track again. Could just be a blip though.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
I had a dream that the Marvel Snap servers were closing and we were all free.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I will follow Ben brode to the ends of the earth. We are not free.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

every deck I've played against since hitting infinite has deftly exploited the one weakness whatever deck I was playing at the time, without fail. Just sit there impotently unable to counter. Boring as hell.

Network42
Oct 23, 2002

Veryslightlymad posted:

Whoever designed Professor X probably needs to have their ability to program and/or design cards removed. Goblins won't trigger either. Hulkbuster makes no goddamn sense as a thing that doesn't trigger.

What part of ",etc." isn't clear to you?

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Yeah, I don't see the issue - Prof X's ability seems pretty consistent to me. Once he's revealed, and barring Jeff/War Machine shenanigans, the state of his location re: which cards are there and which side of the board they're on can't change. Unrevealed cards revealing themselves doesn't contradict this - playing cards into a location is simultaneous so they were there before the Professor is revealed.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Two seven day login reward events in a month? The cynic in me would think second dinner is trying to juice their stats for some reason.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Stopping the on reveals in his lane would stop the best snipe when you play Enchantress without prio on Prof X.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

orenronen posted:

playing cards into a location is simultaneous so they were there before the Professor is revealed.

Eh whatever, Alioth/Galactus deletes unrevealed cards, they're fair game to be hosed with

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Marx Headroom posted:

Eh whatever, Alioth/Galactus deletes unrevealed cards, they're fair game to be hosed with

Sure, unrevealed cards are perfect targets for abilities. Prof X’s ability is just about “cards”, though, and honestly - if he also had an Alioth effect it would make him far too powerful.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeah, I don't get the X nitpicking. The limits of his ability seem pretty consistent to me.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Veryslightlymad posted:

Prof X's ability is inspired by the scene at the end of one of the X-Men movies where he freezes everyone in the White House so he can go into the Oval Office and politely threaten the president. Time stops for everyone else, nothing moves. Think of it in those terms and it will make more sense.

Incidentally, Goblins originally did cross over in a Prof X lane. It was changed because players felt that that was counterintuitive.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
It does seem like there's almost a bit of theming going on with some of the X-Men in regards to directly playing cards.

Prof X stops adding/removing/destroying/etc.
Jubilee brings in a random card from the deck.
Beast sends people back to your hand.
Jean Grey forces a card to be placed at that location.
Angel goes to the field when a card is destroyed...starting to lose the theme here.
Bishop gains power from cards played...IDK, if you count that as "card-based" ability? I guess more so than some other X-Men.
Iceman increases cost...I guess that maybe slightly fits the theme?

I think that's it. Cyclops and Forge have abilities based on Power, Wolverine and Gambit are Destroy/Discard related, and the rest are just kind of a mish mash.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Mar 25, 2024

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Bishop makes sense to me because he grew up hearing stories about pre-apocalyptic heroes and that seems to be a big part of his origin story.

Kang was probably a mistake idk how they could ever program or balance a character that affects their own past and future in convoluted ways.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Marx Headroom posted:

Kang was probably a mistake idk how they could ever program or balance a character that affects their own past and future in convoluted ways.

Kang’s also in game a second time as Iron Lad

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Fate Accomplice posted:

Kang’s also in game a second time as Iron Lad

Iron Lad both is and isn't Kang, though. He knows that he's destined to become Kang, but he rails against it and has fought and defeated his future self. Considering that as Immortus he has also stood in the way of Kang's plans from time to time, you could look at his Conquering phase as something of a midlife crisis for an immortal.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
If the fanmade card was good enough, they'd have to use it, right?

https://twitter.com/asbillustration/status/1772251484756770827

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I'll always think Jubilee's card is the worst in terms of trying to relate their character's power to card ability.

What does "blasting fireworks" have to do with summoning someone else?

I think what they're going for is "Jubilee is a young X-Man, so she has to send for help!" but...eh. Not working for me.

Her power in the comics/cartoon is more suited to Elektra's current card text. Jubilee's powers are often depicted as not being very strong, so only being able to destroy a 1-cost card fits.

Elektra's most famous "thing" from the comics is dying and getting resurrected, so REALLY she should have Sabertooth's power, or something.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I agree the Jubilee lore makes no sense but it's fun visuals and sound for the effect.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'll always think Jubilee's card is the worst in terms of trying to relate their character's power to card ability.

I figured it was "she distracts the enemy so a comrade can make an unexpected entrance"

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

DrBouvenstein posted:

What does "blasting fireworks" have to do with summoning someone else?

I think what they're going for is "Jubilee is a young X-Man, so she has to send for help!" but...eh. Not working for me.

Her power in the comics/cartoon is more suited to Elektra's current card text. Jubilee's powers are often depicted as not being very strong, so only being able to destroy a 1-cost card fits.

Elektra's most famous "thing" from the comics is dying and getting resurrected, so REALLY she should have Sabertooth's power, or something.

If they ever do anything like giving cards attributes, she should absolutely gently caress up robots and armor. Otherwise, calling for help feels perfectly accurate.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Prof X and Jean Grey having similar but also very distinct lockdown powers is one of the best characterizations in the game, to me.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
lol that wong bundle stinks out loud

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the wong price, more like

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Fate Accomplice posted:

I figured it was "she distracts the enemy so a comrade can make an unexpected entrance"

That was how she was used in the old cartoon and for a long time in the comics. She was basically depicted as a walking flare gun.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

War Machine in one. I am very good at this game.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
I got the Annihilus I just bought with credits, then Silk, THEN Warm Achine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
Got Silver Samurai (which I didn't have)
Then Martyr (which I didn't have)
And finally War Machine on the third pull.

meh, I'm ok with it