Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

galagazombie posted:

While it definitely shares some DNA I’m hesitant to call Sekiro a souls game. So if you skip it no one will judge you. Now Bloodborne. That you’re not allowed to skip.

You're allowed to skip Bloodborne because it was exclusive to a discontinued console

Also because it's exclusive to a console at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Bloodborne is the thing that ties Sekiro to Souls games, its the intermediary. Swhy they're called Soulsbourne games - because it's not just Souls stuff, its everything with that DNA.

But yeah total bullshit that it was impossible to play without a PS5. It is on Playstation Plus, but you lose access to it the moment your subscription ends. So you could pay as much or more for the solo game itself and then not even get to play later lol

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Not moving around constantly is something I picked up on pretty quick, but my L1 timing is still very much a work in progress. My vision is kind of balls which doesn't help much. I also frequently have a cat in my face.

when in doubt, push l1 earlier rather than later. at the very least you'll still guard the hit even if you miss the deflect.

also! the game punishes l1 mashing. you normally have a full half-second of a window to hit deflects, which is really generous, but if you start to go kashink kashink kashink with the guard button then the game progressively shrinks the deflection window. remember what i said about it being better to push earlier rather than later! calm your mind and train yourself to hit the button just once per attack.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

can't help you with the cat tho

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Sadly I am PC master race so at least for now Bloodborne's out of reach. Shame, because it sounds very horror-themed and I love horror.

You can play it with streaming on PC if you get a PS+ subscription but you need a DualShock 4, 3rd party and PS2/3 controllers won't work. Also it doesn't have the DLC that people talk about all the time so you'll still feel like you are missing out on that part. It was a pain for me to get working but still totally worth it, it's an awesome game with cool atmosphere/setting and cool fast-paced combat. I like it better than any of the Dark Souls games which I think is a pretty common opinion.
Also try Lies of P if you haven't.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

QuarkJets posted:

You're allowed to skip Bloodborne because it was exclusive to a discontinued console

Also because it's exclusive to a console at all

Hate to break it to you, but the PS4 isn't discontinued yet. They're even still regularly publishing games for it. And not even yearly sports game stat updates.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Swhy they're called Soulsbourne games

To certain people.

I call them Games That Are Sort Of Like That Star Wars Game That Came Out A Few Years Ago And Had A Sequel, I Think?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

The way people talk about Bloodborne has me determined to dislike Bloodborne. But it's irrelevant because it's not like it's ever coming to PC so I ain't gonna be playing it.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Bloodborne is the only fromsoft game I've skipped. The people who say it's the best fromsoft game are the same people who say dark souls 3 was the best souls game.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Fromsoft doesn't make good games, they make deep, rewarding games

they also make armored core games and, more importantly, they made Chromehounds which shows they CAN make good games.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Part of that is because I'm extremely turned off by any Victorian era-esque setting and part of that is because it has the most narrowly constrained and non-exploratory combat mechanics of all the souls games, feels more like a janky ninja gaiden or something

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Blood Borne is great and the best thing about it is it's a super short tight experience.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hated bllodborne.

I got the Plat in bloodborne.

I can see why people love it.

It's a good game.

I just hated the aesthetic from start to finish with barely any areas I liked.

I think it is good that it is not on PC cuz LOL.

Sekiro. Ds1. DeS. Bloodborne. Ds3. Er. Ds2. In the order.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

i guess this is the unpopular video game opinions thread

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Bloodborne will come to PC eventually, it may take 10 years or so but it'll happen

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I do hope they do a BB 2. It would make a lot of people happy.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Did anyone say dork souls yet.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

We have Bloodborne at home.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

EightFlyingCars posted:

i guess this is the unpopular video game opinions thread

Yeah congrats on not straying from the original purpose for 2600 pages

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

credburn posted:

To certain people.

I call them Games That Are Sort Of Like That Star Wars Game That Came Out A Few Years Ago And Had A Sequel, I Think?

Lords of the Fallen clones.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Since Sony owns Bloodborne and Microsoft now owns Sekiro, maybe they’re trying to outbid each other to get a sequel first

Maybe then the staff at From will be paid more than janitors? Don’t be ridiculous

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

QuarkJets posted:

Bloodborne will come to PC eventually, it may take 10 years or so but it'll happen

Bloodborne: 2015
Our Year in Christ: 2024

I'm not sure there's cause for optimism there

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ms Adequate posted:

Bloodborne: 2015
Our Year in Christ: 2024

I'm not sure there's cause for optimism there

9 years is nothing, it took 17 years for Sonic Spinball to get its PC release

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
If you steal stars in Mario Party that is cheating and you will go to hell for it. Play an honorable game or don't play at all cowards.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Hey you know Dark Soul posters (more like dark swole am I right or am I right?) we have a subforum for lovely popular opinions? You can post right next to the huge mega Genshin Impact like the super cool folk you are. Now excuse me I gotta play more Backpack Heroes.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

Hey you know Dark Soul posters (more like dark swole am I right or am I right?) we have a subforum for lovely popular opinions? You can post right next to the huge mega Genshin Impact like the super cool folk you are. Now excuse me I gotta play more Backpack Heroes.

why don't u try playing STFU for awhile Duck and Cover!!!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

why don't u try playing STFU for awhile Duck and Cover!!!

You don't want to hang out with Genshin Impact? With Honkai Star Rail? Afraid of the competition? :smug:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

bloodborne sucks because it made fun of shield users and there's nothing wrong with having a million poise and a greatshield :mad:

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
"Let's make games that force rage gamers to buy new controllers" is a weirder flex than forcing nerds to spend $2 on horse armor.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

deep dish peat moss posted:

Bloodborne is the only fromsoft game I've skipped. The people who say it's the best fromsoft game are the same people who say dark souls 3 was the best souls game.

The best Souls game is the first one

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

You don't want to hang out with Genshin Impact? With Honkai Star Rail? Afraid of the competition? :smug:

Genshin Impact looks pretty but I'm not a whale or a weeb. I googled the other because I've never heard of it and the first thing I saw was some underage looking girl falling into a panty shot so I think I'll pass. Anime is bad.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Genshin Impact looks pretty but I'm not a whale or a weeb. I googled the other because I've never heard of it and the first thing I saw was some underage looking girl falling into a panty shot so I think I'll pass. Anime is bad.

How about Diablo 4? The games subforum is a happenin' place where only the finest games survive.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Listen buddy, everyone knows that outside the protective walls of GBS there's nothing but depraved sickos.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Duck and Cover posted:

How about Diablo 4? The games subforum is a happenin' place where only the finest games survive.

please stop bullying me :(

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

fridge corn posted:

The best Souls game is the first one that you play

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

All posters are Dark Souls posters

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Duck and Cover is the Bed of Chaos of posters

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Duck and Cover is the Bed of Chaos of posters

lol

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Duck and Cover is the Deacons of the Deep of posters, you think you got rid of him but he just hopped to a new post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I appreciate Wild Rift will in unranked mode pair people of basically any rank together into what it thinks will be a fair match but I kind of wish the occasional match of cat herding was a defined mode or feature in the game.