Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
which, to be fair they were all like "yeah plinkey is just drunk more and more each day and kind of toxic in general he should leave"

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
z0r

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

pentyne posted:

lol that after plinkey was permabanned not a single person argued for him to come back including all those people praising him as a tormented saint

i remember smarxist saying he deserved it lol what a worm

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i will be giving my entire paycheck to the gambling addict to spite the concern trolls

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

remembering how smarxist defended him in the qcs/sad thread and then later said he actually was just defending him out of spite against the people speaking up

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

pentyne posted:

lol that after plinkey was permabanned not a single person argued for him to come back including all those people praising him as a tormented saint

I think ehf is right in that there wasn't a lot of demonstrable malpractice, by and large plinkey operated the fund as the thread expected him to, trouble is he could not for the life of him stop being a loving rear end in a top hat

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol smarxist was his strongest advocate

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Saddest Rhino posted:

remembering how smarxist defended him in the qcs/sad thread and then later said he actually was just defending him out of spite against the people speaking up

One of Plinkey's actual friends spoke up and said that he purposefully gave smarxist wrong info, because it was funny.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

One of Plinkey's actual friends spoke up and said that he purposefully gave smarxist wrong info, because it was funny.

lol he was right

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
wimp lo rear end poster

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

lmaooo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
smarxist would be semi normal one day and then the next he would be screaming and raging at some random poster and throwing very personal attacks at them and no one would know what the gently caress his problem was lol what a weird guy

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

smarxist would be semi normal one day and then the next he would be screaming and raging at some random poster and throwing very personal attacks at them and no one would know what the gently caress his problem was lol what a weird guy

He should be their king.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I cannot recall a single person who actually liked smarxist. Like he did a bunch of work setting up Bread 'n Roses and got thrown out immediately.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I cannot recall a single person who actually liked smarxist. Like he did a bunch of work setting up Bread 'n Roses and got thrown out immediately.

theres a recurring trump thread image that has all of the lovely permabanned posters they want freed and smarxist isnt even on it lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

he had the very rare flash of absolute posting brilliance that kept him in the game. I think my single favorite thing was that after getting tossed out of b&r face first into a pile of horse dung like a saloon drunk his first reaction was to try to cozy up to fyad of all folks

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

sebmojo posted:

I think ehf is right in that there wasn't a lot of demonstrable malpractice, by and large plinkey operated the fund as the thread expected him to, trouble is he could not for the life of him stop being a loving rear end in a top hat

My thoughts on that were always "i believe youre doing this right but you HAVE to understand that saying "just trust me bro" isnt bulletproof and will invite suspicion" and this like insanely common sense and good faith interpretation got labeled as lying chudery and malicious sealioning or whatever the gently caress. What a hoot!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I have a weird sort of respect for his adamantine determination about everything he did

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Buck Wildman posted:

I have a weird sort of respect for his adamantine determination about everything he did

Counterpoint: he was cringe

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Buck Wildman posted:

you shouldnt!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

ArfJason posted:

Counterpoint: he was cringe

nobody's perfect

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Buck Wildman posted:

he had the very rare flash of absolute posting brilliance that kept him in the game.

I've been that kind of drunk

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Famethrowa posted:

always thought that was Uncle Fester when I went to the arcade

He'd fit right in come to think of it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Buck Wildman posted:

I just remember him being aggressively, self-assuredly wrong about everything. It was uncanny because he wasn't ever right about anything even by accident.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
that time smarxist was made IK of one of the cspam chat threads as a joke so he could probe his posting enemies and he just whined and wouldnt do anything until the buttons were taken away lol

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I just remember him being aggressively, self-assuredly wrong about everything. It was uncanny because he wasn't ever right about anything even by accident.

exactly what I mean

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

If the only place you ever saw him was in the live threads in the wrestling forum he was just a guy who posted funny screengrabs a few seconds after they happened. Everywhere else he was absolutely insane

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I can't figure out if this part is funnier than the fact that they made CascadeBeta an admin over there and she proved to be exactly as much of a nightmare as you'd think, but the "hasta siempre" post pushes it over the line

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

smarxist's returning used as a perpetual motion machine

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

smarxist is a lot more understandable when you know that his most burning desire was to be a lauded champion of the underdogs and as such would identify whatever the most alienated and shat upon people or perspective was at any given moment and ride in, blazing sword in hand like gandalf in lotr or something

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

he'd look at whatever the weakest side was in.....anything and be like never fear for I am here

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
smarxist riding in on his horse to defend gollum and snitching on bilbo for stealing his ring

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

smarxist riding in on his horse to defend gollum and snitching on bilbo for stealing his ring

not understanding for an instant why this was the wrong thing to do

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

it's the sheer zeal with which he would do this that I found kind of impressive

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Buck Wildman posted:

not understanding for an instant why this was the wrong thing to do

imagine hating hobbits this much

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

insane anime has a new favorite as of 03:07 on Mar 27, 2024

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

pentyne posted:

imagine hating hobbits this much

i think tld was on to something with lalafells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Buck Wildman posted:

it's the sheer zeal with which he would do this that I found kind of impressive

it ruled he'd just barge into threads arguing about poo poo like AI and defending it as the ideal communist art without understanding either AI or communism lol