Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
I admittedly only had like 50 pulls immediately on hand but all I got for my troubles was like four eidolons for Dan. At least I'm only a 10 roll away from hitting pity so I'll know if I got Loucha or not real quick. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
Third 10 pull got me Luocha, Gepard e1, and three 4 stars

Eyeball emoji

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

What relics do you want for Archeron anyways

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What relics do you want for Archeron anyways

Pioneer Diver of Dead Waters (buffs when hitting debuffed enemies) and the new planer set that gives you atk and crit if you have a teammate with the same path (since youre always gonna run her with a nihility)

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I finally got my screenshot pull :)

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!
2.1 continues my strange cosmic bargain with the Star Rail gacha - I never lucksack, not ever. Not once in a full year of playing (almost a year, anyway). In exchange, I've only lost the coinflip twice.

I had 210 rolls saved up with 10 rolls already banked on the character and weapon banners respectively - and I got Acheron at 70, her LC at 140, and Luocha at 210, like clockwork. I find it hard to complain about that kind of reliability.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

20+ fuels for this. No regrets

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Because I am not a smart man, I did a single 10 pull on Luocha.

Because I am a lucky man, I was rewarded with e1 Gallagher.

I am content.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Really like how Archeron's Technique just means you never have to fight trash ever again.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

55+ rolls now and nothing??? this is unprocedently insane

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh at least mario party is fun

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

20 pulls got me Gallagher, just what I wanted. I think I will count my blessings and not risk a lightcone. I don’t need GNSW that much.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

70 pulls to get her... i aint getting her cone

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I need to level my boy Sampo

rio
Mar 20, 2008

(Long pull data, initial thoughts etc. :words:; question at the end)

All things considered I got off pretty good despite losing 3 50/50s. It went like this (roughly by memory since the pull log is so slow to browse on mobile)

First ten pull Acheron (I think I was roughly 40 pulls in from the last banner)

Soft pity 50/50 loss (Bailu LC dupe)
Four ten pulls Acheron LC

Soft pity 50/50 loss Himeko e2
Four ten pulls Acheron e1
One ten pull 50/50 loss Yanqing e1 (kill me)
Five ten pulls Acheron e2

So my 50/50 luck didn’t improve but I got a lot of early 5 stars. I pulled as soon as the servers went up and I’m wondering if my early 5 stars had something to do with so many people pulling at the same time? I’m not sure if it works like that though.

Her traces are at 4/4/4 (basic atk at 2) with her major traces unlock, LC at 80 and she is at lvl 73 and she is doing 250k per ult. Her artifacts are pretty poo poo and not ideal at all. Really excited to see the damage when she is built.

All in all I am happy, especially after trying running her with Pela + Sparkle. Sparkle was kind of ehh for me before since she was mainly in Argenti and QQ teams, both which are not my favorite teams and now she seems to really be contributing a lot to Acheron’s petal gain through faster turns plus increasing damage with crit boosting. Feels nice but will need to try other teams.

I also finally got r5 GNSW for Kafka, my last eidolon for Pela (finally),and e4 Gallagher. Lost track of how many dupes I got of e6 characters but I was able to get a ton of extra gold tickets from the shop. I guess I will build Gallagher next since he is the only suitable sustain I have for Acberon I think. Otherwise Huohuo gives atk boost and increases the rest of the team’s ult gain, Fire TB (lvl 60 from a long time ago) seems popular, March 7th who I do have built but not sure how much she can solo sustain (though she does have Gepard’s LC). Or Welt but I have no idea if I have the confidence for that (even though the game REALLY wants me to use him at e2 with LC).

Her executing field trash enemies is so cool. I’m thinking Acheron, Topaz (for Numby chest finding), Pela and someone for exploration will be nice. I hope they keep adding little field perks for characters in the future; that was one of the things I really liked about Topaz.

Only other consideration now is who to choose for the 300 pull standard 5 star. The game never gave me Bronya, Gepard or Clara (they just dogpile me with Welt Himeko Bailu Yanqing and their LCs). But with Sparkle now I don’t feel like I’m missing Bronya as much, whereas I have Gepard’s LC and seems like he would help a lot since I don’t have a “premium” second sustain.
-
So question - does anyone who does have Sparkle feel like they are still using Bronya that much? I don’t have DHIL and I can’t really see using Sparkle on one side and Bronya on the other for MoC, but maybe I don’t know what I’m missing since I’ve never had a Bronya. And if you have Gepard, how does he feel as a solo sustain (considering his LC as well)? I’ve tried shoehorning a mostly built March into teams when I can, and if Gepard feels like her but with better shield application I could see some real uses for that.

rio fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 27, 2024

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Lost the 50/50, but I lost it to Bronya E1. Then after getting her, went for the LC and got it in the first 10-pull.

Well, can't complain.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

please i have a maxed out GNSW, just gimme The Ack

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Penacony goes so loving hard.

Reveal your true identity and intentions.....Otherwise, brace yourself for gravitational disintegration.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I've got my Acheron, and along the way I managed to pickup a third Bronya for e2. After some testing, wow e2 Bronya is a lot stronger than I thought it was. It lets you ditch spd boots, pending proper subs, and while you lose that first turn, everything else is standard Bronya shenanigans, you just hit much stronger. I didn't really consider that before I got it, but it's a really nice pick up now that I see it.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
First 10 pull got me Welt again, first in Black Swan’s banner now in Acheron’s what is with this guy…

Had to hit hard pity to get Acheron but it only took me 60 rolls to get her lightcone!
I even got enough standard tickets to do one last pull to unlock a free Bronya from the standard banner!

I probably should have saved enough of the things you get from duplicates to unlock Bronya’s Lightcone but oh well.

Threw my remaining rolls at Acheron’s banner to see if I could get a copy but no dice.
Still pretty satisfied, though i have to wait for the weekend to play the content.

Good luck on all your rolls!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Acheron's showcase did a really good job on selling me on her, that technique is so much fun.

Lost the 50/50 to Bronya E2 and I now have a Gallagher. Still no Galaxy Ranger, though.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

rio posted:

So question - does anyone who does have Sparkle feel like they are still using Bronya that much? I don’t have DHIL and I can’t really see using Sparkle on one side and Bronya on the other for MoC, but maybe I don’t know what I’m missing since I’ve never had a Bronya. And if you have Gepard, how does he feel as a solo sustain (considering his LC as well)? I’ve tried shoehorning a mostly built March into teams when I can, and if Gepard feels like her but with better shield application I could see some real uses for that.
I still use Bronya sometimes, but I don't think I'd spend my selector on her at this point. Especially if you've already got Ruan Mei and/or are planning on getting Robin too.

I personally don't like Gepard at all. I find you have to play around him to an annoying degree, where the other 5-star sustains just work. He's still a lot better than March, though, and he does have some specific synergy with Acheron. I don't think I'd ever willingly use him over Bailu, but some other people swear by him, and if you're not getting Aventurine, he might be worth it just to counter the SoulGlad gorilla.

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
So not only does Acheron straight up delete trash mobs, you seemingly get full rewards for doing so, trash mobs are actually fun to hunt down with her! Cleave enemy in twain, obtain loot, and go back to enjoying the scenery. Casual exploring any zone will forever be a fun experience from here on out, I can always regular swing em if I want.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

So what is your Gepard's gear situation looking like? I only have 128 spd on him, but that's enough even if I'd prefer more. He's entirely sp positive and there's no real thinking to tossing him in a team. I guess I don't like him that much for farming content, but you also don't need a giga shield there anyway. Like the key to Gepard is as much spd as you can load on him, wanting him to at least not be too far behind your dps, and a nice ERR rope. Once I had that setup it was smooth sailing. Especially against the new moc monke he's been pretty invaluable.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Good to consider, thanks. If I’m not tied to getting Bronya from the selector I don’t really see anyone else jumping out at me as an option other than Geppard. I wanted Clara for a really long time, but realistically if there is physical weakness I always use Argenti and he has his light cone so I’m not sure Clara would see all that much use (though if the game would actually drop her on a 50/50 I would certainly build her).

I have flipped between Bailu and Lynx for my second teams and if there is any CC debuffs or other annoying poo poo then Bailu makes it painful. I can throw March in the tram but that’s a big damage sacrifice to have two sustain units basically. And I don’t have much luck with Lynx usually which is probably a “me” problem vs. it being on her.

I’m going to throw some more pulls as they come into the Luocha banner since I wouldn’t mind a couple more Gallaghers. Idk maybe when he is built I’ll not feel the need for a second team sustain quite as much but I have no idea what he feels like solo sustain.

Also unrelated but I just learned that not all extra crit stats show on the character screen. Turns out Acheron e1 crit rate doesn’t show there and is silently added on top of what is shown. The older artifacts with CRate show it but the new ones don’t (I think)? I’m going to have to look up if there are any other character/gear stats that are hidden from the character screen, since I’ve always only used that for my stat building assuming it was all visible there.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fuuuck I'm on like roll 80 and still nothing

this sucks. i'll see what I get after rollover I GUESS

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

This is genuinely interesting storytelling (3 quests in 2.1 MSQ so far ) annnnnd I continue to be glad I am no longer on in the Luofu

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013
It's annoying how tempted I am to pull for Acheron despite having a god tier Jing Yuan who somehow gets buffed every other patch, and a guaranteed Robin saved up (whose technique also lets you ignore trash mobs)

She offers me basically nothing but vibes and yet I'm still tempted to throw away my careful team building plans to go for her+S1.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
If you always roll for vibes you'll never be unhappy

Unless you also roll for power

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

always roll for emotionally distant sword dykes

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Meowywitch posted:

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
50 pulls got me e4 Gallagher because apparently I really need a cocktail :argh: just hoping I win the 50/50 when I hit it.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
I threw like a hundred pulls and got zero Gallaghers. Ughhhh I really want the hot age-appropriate man.

Did get really sexy lady on my guaranteed. Wasn't sure if I was gonna go for her but her appeal is unreal.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

dude I'm also like 80 pulls in and also: No Gallagher! :argh:

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
As I approach like 50 or 60 pulls, I forget, I take solace in the knowledge that if I don't end up getting her Aventurine is like 8 million times better than Gepard, and it will ensure I get him. I put him Topaz, Ratio, and Clara and he hits like a loving truck.

e: Penacony still going hard.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Mar 27, 2024

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Not a shocker, people are realizing acheron's damage is more than fine without her lightcone. People are posting 150-200k results with a s1 gsnw, not even s5.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Finished the main story, and it's done a good job of selling me on Aventurine, when I was indifferent to him before. Probably not enough to dip into my rolls yet, but I'll probably pull for him on his rerun.

(Story Ending) Also, what a rude cliffhanger.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Mar 27, 2024

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Endorph posted:

game asking me to pick players for a baseball team, clara is an option, and im like 'does svarog come too'

Clara will somehow have an incredible slider while Svarog's programming will have absolutely no information about baseball and he'll be unable to play at all.

Meowywitch posted:

:hmmyes:

Took me about sixty rolls to pull Acheron, and in the meantime, I also got:

E5->E6 Tingyun
E4->E6 Pela
E5->E6 March
E1 Gallagher
E0(!)->E1 Dan Heng

While obviously I would have preferred to gotten Acheron sooner, I can't complain about E6ing a bunch of 4*s. Also my Dan Heng being at E0 this entire time explains why he's been so bad for me, I hadn't even realized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

my primary team is argenti/bronya/tingyun/gepard, and other than gepard being just okay it works fine. other than those i think i pretty much just have normal f2p characters (incl the good doctor) and a smattering of four-stars. i know hsr wants two teams eventually; if i'm going to build my second one around dr. ratio, would i be better served by picking up luocha or aventurine?