Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

how can Biden compete with this incredible man, who is so much young- uhh mentally healthier umm hasn't commited many fraudulent acts ummm blond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Holy poo poo :stare:

Civil
Apr 21, 2003

Do you see this? This means "Have a nice day".

Propaganda Hour posted:

You're telling me that you don't believe RFK is going to siphon off fifteen percent of the vote?

He’s gonna get the chuds that stopped going to Trump rallies “because Trump invented the drat vaccine” and some Berkeley hippies at most.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I really, really hate Trump. I’m what you call a “Trump hater.” :smug:

Then I appoint you rear end Judge

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
this is bad news for democrats

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

kazil posted:

I want to temper my expectations a bit because this was a special election and those aren't always representative, but this was a masterclass schlonging

Special elections are huge indicators going into a presidential election, and Dems have been knocking them out of the park since Dobbs.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Great Visual

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

winterwerefox posted:

Then I appoint you rear end Judge

I will judge rear end. :patriot:

You know what I say? Protesters, your rear end. I don’t talk about my rear end.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Are there any special elections for the House in the next little bit that have LOL potential?

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

poisonpill posted:

I don’t know what pickleball is but it sounds unfun and like what people I would hate to be around play

Like, Donald Trump junior sounds like he’d play pickleball

Pickleball is like tennis but smaller but bigger than table tennis. It is the fastest growing BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH. The only time I have heard people talking like this about anything previously was people talking about Joe Rogan and how his podcast is the fastest growing BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH.

Basically both Joe Rogan and Pickleball can gently caress themselves with a bent, wet twig.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

That’s nice. Meanwhile…

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/utah-basketball-racial-hate-crime-ncaa-hotel_n_6602f2a8e4b006c390570dea

Utah Basketball Team Forced To Move Hotels After Experiencing 'Racial Hate Crimes'
"Racism is real. And it happens. And it's awful," said University of Utah coach Lynne Roberts.

quote:

The University of Utah women’s basketball team had to change hotels last week during the NCAA Tournament after experiencing what coach Lynne Roberts described as “several instances of ... racial hate crimes.”

Due to a lack of hotel space in Spokane, Washington, where they were playing, the team was staying in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho ― roughly 35 minutes away.

While there, a truck approached the group as they were walking to dinner, and someone inside yelled the N-word before revving the engine and driving off. The incident took place Thursday night.

“Racism is real. And it happens. And it’s awful,” Roberts told reporters Monday. “And so, for our players, whether they are white, Black, green, whatever — no one knew how to handle it. It was really upsetting.”

Utah deputy athletics director Charmelle Green, who is Black, told KSL.com the team “was in shock.” She also shared that on the walk home from dinner, two trucks approached the team and engaged in the same behavior.

“I will never forget the sound that I heard, the intimidation of the noise that came from that engine, and the word,” Green said. “I go to bed and I hear it every night since I’ve been here. ... I couldn’t imagine us having to stay there and relive those moments.”

Roberts said they were able to move to a hotel in Spokane after alerting tournament officials. While she appreciated the efforts of the NCAA and Gonzaga University, the host school, after the fact, Roberts clearly thinks they could’ve done more.

gently caress you, Idaho!

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

TulliusCicero posted:

Are there any special elections for the House in the next little bit that have LOL potential?

Gotta see which Republican reps announce early retirement this week, it's only Tuesday

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Pickleball is for self-loathing gays and middle aged white ladies with Quidditch teacher hair and that's all you need to know. :colbert:

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Squiggle posted:

Gotta see which Republican reps announce early retirement this week, it's only Tuesday

Johnson vanishes up his own rear end in a top hat

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Pickleball is for self-loathing gays and middle aged white ladies with Quidditch teacher hair and that's all you need to know. :colbert:

It's big among middle aged men where I live and they are always trying to get you to join their league. Like a lot. Like a creepy amount. The whole thing sets off my spider sense.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Chandler Bing dropped DEAD after playing pickleball

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

And Matthew Perry when he wasn't dead. Dunno he'd be much use now.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002

QuarkJets posted:

When I first saw the term Trump Derangement Syndrome I unironically thought it was being used to describe his bugfuck insane followers

they are better about making things like that stick because they constantly view and regurgitate the same propaganda sources i guess.

but i heard many of the same conservatives complain about hillary for what felt like every time they opened their mouths for literally 30+ years, along with countless others.

hillary, obama, biden, greta, soros, AOC, fauci... to pretend like they don't become negatively obsessed with people themselves is absurd, it's basically their signature move.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
The gym where we play basketball now has a pickleball group that plays straight after us and they are the weirdest looking collection of people ever. Mostly old folk, but a few young kids as well - all of them super dorky. Even the name is dorky!

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

That's a hearty fuckin :lol::lol::lol:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Goddamn

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Noted Dem stronghold Alabama,

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

My favorite Idaho fact is that the name "Idaho" means absolutely nothing. It's a word made-up to sound Native American.

https://isb.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/The_Naming_of_Idaho_1283.pdf posted:

Williams decided to go with the name 'Idaho,' which he had been told was an Indian word meaning 'gem of the mountains. ' was a word made up by someone involved in the territorial process, probably the first Pike's Peak delegate to Congress, George M. Willing.

Basically, they're all a bunch of loving morons.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

All words are made up, now it’s a word that means “land of racists”

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

idaho isn't named after duncan?

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

now there's a poll of Actual Voters

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

no it's actually named after that song by the b-52s

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

All words are made up, now it’s a word that means “land of racists”

Well yes, and it's very clever to point that out, but I was talking about the intent behind making that particular word up.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

Idaho Duncan, the dancer famous for choking on a potato that got stuck in a car axle. A legend in her time and ours

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

FuturePastNow posted:

now there's a poll of Actual Voters

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

It's honestly a bit impressive that Trump was able to turn what basically amounts to the only achievements of his administration, the COVID-19 vaccine rollout and ending Roe V. Wade into his biggest political liabilities.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Total Party Kill posted:

My favorite Idaho fact is that the name "Idaho" means absolutely nothing. It's a word made-up to sound Native American.

Basically, they're all a bunch of loving morons.

Idaho is the state next to mine and I had never heard that before. That's hilarious. And there's a movement to petition to let Idaho soak up part of Eastern Oregon because "their values are closer to ours than Oregon's" or some poo poo. And there are people here who want it to happen, too. Imagine thinking "Please please PLEASE let me suddenly be living in Idaho instead!" haha

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Just need to go up top and snip off that infected tip.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Ghostlight posted:

funnily it's a completely made up word meant to sound vaguely "indian" and white folks decided they liked it

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Durf posted:

ngl I sometimes wish I'd bought 100 bitcoins back when SA was first making fun of it.

but between then and now there was a good chance i'd either
- sell it way too early
- lose the wallet info
- have it stolen by russians or the exchange itself
- be kidnapped and tortured for it
- somehow cash out and become an enormous bluecheck rear end in a top hat always falling for NFTs etc

The worst part is we were right to laugh at it. It was always a terrible dipshit idea, but that didn't matter in the least.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

This is good poo poo. Real good

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

just some guy in a department lying like a schoolkid who just made some bizarre poo poo up, "Idaho! Gem of the Mountains!" he had to have really said it alot and pushed the idea to get it through lol

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

If shifts like that are possible, what GOP seats are actually safe?

Don't their gerrymanders depend on pretty stretched districts that break hard if you have big waves like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

"Gee whiz, who do I have to gently caress around here to get a damned job?!"

"No...... no sorry, not you"