Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Bob Englehart

Dave Granlund

Dave Whamond

David M. Hitch

Dick Wright

Darn that Biden, trying to give his voters something they want!

Drew Sheneman

Ed Gamble

Nope! Next question.

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Jeff Koterba

Jeff Stahler

Once upon a time he was just a big dick
Now he's only going insane
There's nothing we can do
A total eclipse of the brain

Going on a rant about his crimes, whales, or nukes
Or loving up our aid to Ukraine
Nothing we can say
A total eclipse of the brain

Jimmy Margulies

John Darkow

Lee Judge

Matt Davies

Matt Wuerker

Monte Wolverton

Pedro X. Molina

Randall Enos

Rick McKee

Walt Handelsman

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

Egypt literally will not let them in, you disingenuous gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

Ed Gamble

Nope! Next question.
I "love" that the last guy isn't even a criminal or anything, he'st just from Iran and that's bad in and of itself

quote:

Kellies nomination: Worst Gaslighting

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

idonotlikepeas posted:

Oh hey, didn't you do another comic on that border recently, Kirschen? Let me just bring that up

idonotlikepeas posted:

gently caress you piece of poo poo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I reached the point with Kirschen that I hate him so much I can no longer get angry at his genocidal screeds because that would involve exerting too much energy. I refuse to think much about him until the lovely old gently caress finally croaks.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

"What about all of those Covid deaths that are a direct result of Trump and his supporters' conspiracy theories?"
"B-but Biden’s old!!!"

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Kellies Nomination: Worst Cartoon about a Tragedy

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: New Dog, Same As the Old Dog

Ted Rall posted:

The White House advance team, the network of White House and campaign aides tasked with coordinating, designing and staging Biden’s public speeches and events across the country people has become toxic and abusive. The culture within the office has gotten so bad that the White House Counsel’s Office opened an investigation, and a purge of top staff is underway.

First Dog on the Moon: Labor rushing through cruel laws and gagging parliamentary debate? Democracy manifest!

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Wasn't the problem not with electric cars in general, but specifically with Teslas? On account of Teslas are badly made deathtraps?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Israel is the one repeatedly refusing a ceasefire

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I don't like it

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

idonotlikepeas posted:

I think there was a really famous story about how bad it is that a group of people was displaced from Palestine to Egypt, anyone know about it?

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Chip Bok

That famous technological and economic dead end, the Model T.

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Tom Stiglich

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Good example of how conservatives' deeply held beliefs about the immutability of gender go out the window the second a woman's haircut doesn't conform to traditional standards of femininity.

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Kellies Nomination: Most Willfully Dense

And also, on its face, a message that some people who do heinous things and then pretend at remorse do not deserve forgiveness, and that open-mindedness and tolerance does not mean acceptance of people who exemplify the opposite. AGC.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

SithDrummer posted:

And also, on its face, a message that some people who do heinous things and then pretend at remorse do not deserve forgiveness, and that open-mindedness and tolerance does not mean acceptance of people who exemplify the opposite. AGC.
yeah, seriously. the very next frame is maddow going "see? perfect example"

"what do you mean by 'hold'?"
"if we're voting for him or not"
"oh...so: yes..."

just absolutely without point.

the bluntest thing.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

SithDrummer posted:

Notice he swapped out the word equitable there. Since it's entirely equitable to not hire/keep someone who's not fit for the job on merit

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Four groups of people who hate Islamic State more than the US does?

Yeah, they probably aren't in ISIS.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I assume by 'legacy of fear' they mean 'he made us wear masks once'

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Rebecca Hendin on the trouble with Baby Bibi – The Israeil prime minister has hit back at the UN security council after it demanded an immediate ceasefire in Gaza"

Telegraph:

Smart meter customers face time-of-day charging plan

Matt:

Farmer protests: Why Brexit, net zero and red tape has this couple up in arms

Times:

Evening Standard:

Fears over ‘uninvestable’ London stock market as more firms tipped to leave City

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Sure, Jan. Just like everyone with Economy 7 does all their washing at 3am.

Kellies Nomination: Worst Some Gizmo/New Thing Bad

Thought this was going to be mocking people who buy enormous child crusher SUVs for the school run, like

but no, Matt is just siding with nationalist farmers who want our food even more expensive during a cost of living crisis.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

It always astounds me how dumb the Torygraph is.

I'm old enough to remember having dual meter electricity. At night electricity was less espensive, so we ran the washing machine at night. This was 20 years ago.

Are the olds at the Torygraph all senile, or what?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Antigravitas posted:

I'm old enough to remember having dual meter electricity. At night electricity was less espensive, so we ran the washing machine at night. This was 20 years ago.

Are the olds at the Torygraph all senile, or what?

It's the "Mr. Edison, there is a man from government at the door saying he can do things better than you" mentality. Although I can understand some of the confusion in their brains because back in time it was very straight forward: you had one price from morning to night, then another from night to morning. Now prices can fluxuate a lot over the day.

But there are solutions to this. Get a fixed rate contract. Get smart appliances that can take advantage of the cheaper hours. Or just use electricity like you're used to, you will occasionally pay higher rates and occasionally lower. Most of the time the difference is not big enough to cause action.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I could understand with something that doesn't make much noise and uses a ton of electricity, like a tumble dryer, storage heater, or immersion heater (all with a timer) but what clown family is making toast or doing the vacuuming at 3am? Don't they have work in the morning?

(Also the Telegraph went hard against the EU vacuum efficiency rules so I assume the Blower Family went out and bought a 5hp vacuum to stick it to the Euros rather than getting a nice energy efficient one that would still cost them less to use during the day, lol.)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Antigravitas posted:

Actually it was the 1970s and it was bad and gay and Jeremy Corbyn

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah remember the Three-Day Week and the power outages in the 70s (but absolutely don't remember which party did that).

Nenonen posted:

Get smart appliances that can take advantage of the cheaper hours.
Yeah I can get an Octopus app for my Home Assistant Yellow and then get a Zigbee card or smart plug for anything that uses massive amounts of power, and just get the best rates for that and use everything else as normal.

Or I could be like the Blower Family and boil a week's worth of water at 3am and then freeze it for later.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

https://x.com/toonholechris/status/1773045989844058279?s=20

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
the next panel should be h&r block behind uncle sam with a gun and uncle sam is all "i believe it was a boaking accident"

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
If I ever become absurdly rich I'm still going to do my taxes myself and probably need a whole month to do it out of sheer spite

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

In Australia the "primary vote" is who you put first in our preferential system - that's why you'll also see talk of 2PP or "two party preferred" which is which of Labor or the Coalition you put ahead, with the assumption that one of those will be elected. The rise of the "other" primary vote is changing all that, with minor parties and independents winning more seats and making a future minority government more likely.

Rowe:

Home affairs minister Clare O'Neil and immigration minister Andrew Giles, on the race and failure to get the emergency immigration laws through as the Senate kicks it to review (covered in the last First Dog).

Wilcox:

Spooner:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Before we get to the usual 1952 cartoons, here's one from the Los Angeles Daily News in 1937, where Harry E. Homan notes that A Thing Happened.

Anyway, the race is on in '52!

Once again: "The Democrats must be guilty of a lot of stuff, otherwise why do I keep saying they are?"

So anyway, Eisenhower wiped out Stevenson in a landslide, so of course the Trib cartoonists have some gloating to do.

There was a campaign going on to get clemency for the Rosenbergs, but Ike refused to get involved and they would be executed in 1953.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

drat, it's wild to me that Christmas was dominating the holiday season even that far back. I honestly thought it was more of a phenomenon for my generation.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Joe Lieberman has died, so please brace yourselves for incoming obituaries over the next couple of days.

Amjad Rasmi

Ann Telnaes

Carlos Latuff

Clay Bennett

Darrin Bell

Dave Whamond

We know Rivers reads Whamond. I wonder if the reverse is also true, and including Jesus here is a jab at them?

David M. Hitch

"Orthodoxy."

Dick Wright

Ed Gamble

Jack Ohman

Jeff Danziger

Second Jesus sighted.

Jeff Stahler

There was a crooked man, and he made a crooked deal,
Got taped with crooked piss in a dossier by Steele;
He used a crooked Senate to fill a crooked court
And they made a crooked case to kill freedom to abort

Jimmy Margulies

John Branch

Lee Judge

Lisa Benson

Mike Smith

NEMØ - We Mourn

Pedro X. Molina

Randall Enos

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Walt Handelsman

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

idonotlikepeas posted:

Pedro X. Molina

Kellies Nomination: Worst "A Thing Happened"

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

idonotlikepeas posted:

Pedro X. Molina

When authoritarianism looses power it gets set on course to destroy democracy. A pro-tyranny cartoon?

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

idonotlikepeas posted:

NEMØ - We Mourn

I don't get it.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Someone clearly has no sense of perceptive. Is Trump a giant in this pic?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

JamesBont posted:

I don't get it.

It's in reference to the Moscow terror attack. I don't think I could possibly be more interested in this schmuck's identity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Specifically, the candles are the colors of the Russian flag. (Well, sort of. He made the leftmost one too yellow.)