Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

The bigger question is why North Korea anyone is broadcasting Alan Titchmarsh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Blurred out Tichmarsh's dick print from wearing those skinny jeans with a massive hog.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

mrpwase posted:

Interesting isn't it. I suppose it's a western tv show that (apart from those jeans) is quite reserved in what it shows materially on a subject people will relate.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Charlie Dimmock moves something in Kim Jong Un.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

mrpwase posted:

How else are they going to convey to their people the full horror of life in a capitalist dystopia

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

it is with sombre honour & deepest regards that I accept this most honourable position as Head Maester of Deck Chair Positiones & Orientationes on the esteemed vessel Her Majesty’s Titanic

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

As I recall NK enjoys a lot of UK stuff. I remember reading that KJU is fond of Scotch, and they as a country love the Premier League. Hell the reason they broadcast that Donald Trump is a 'dotard' is because their Korean-English dictionaries are from the British Empire and that word only fell out of favour after the division at the parallel.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

From The Times' deputy political editor:
https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1772919991785984240

I get a nice warm tingly feeling when I read things like this

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 27, 2024

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

mrpwase posted:

That's how they stop people going hungry there... by pixel feed.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jippa posted:

Interesting isn't it. I suppose it's a western tv show that (apart from those jeans) is quite reserved in what it shows materially on a subject people will relate.

Yeah, I can easily imagine DPRK TV stealing wildlife docs and poo poo because it's politically safe and you can't expect people to be willing to watch propaganda all the time. So you show Blue Planet and they might keep the telly on after for the news

It's funny that it's Alan Titchmarsh though. Maybe we can deport him there in exchange for them stopping missile tests for a month

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This is quite a thing

https://twitter.com/BestForBritain/status/1772631125531205828

He's completely unaware about the details of his sole key policy. Anyone arriving after July last year is now stuck in limbo and can't claim asylum due to the law that he forced through, and that figure stands at 33,000 and rising.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I wonder if NK get the likes of Robot Wars Scrapheap Challenge or Time Team.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Here's an old DM article from ten years ago

quote:

Dr Who, Top Gear and Teletubbies have apparently passed the suitability test to be shown on North Korea’s tightly-controlled state TV.

After months of negotiation with the BBC, the three shows have been deemed worthy of consideration for broadcasting in the totalitarian state.

I guess more shows have been cleared since

e: After actually reading the article, there's no proof that NK actually accepted to broadcast any of the shows....

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Mar 27, 2024

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Juche Clarkson stans

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
More autocratic... than the moon

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Mega Comrade posted:

The broadcast is real. It's easy for anyone near the boarder to pick it up. So if you have another theory on why they blurred his pants out?

Too sexy maybe

it’s the actual broadcast but it was guest edited by Anna Wintour, the vogue editor and she hated jeans that week

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah, I can easily imagine DPRK TV stealing wildlife docs and poo poo because it's politically safe and you can't expect people to be willing to watch propaganda all the time. So you show Blue Planet and they might keep the telly on after for the news

I wonder if they edit out the newer seasons climate change stuff like our government tried to get the BBC to do.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

fuctifino posted:

Here's an old DM article from ten years ago

I guess more shows have been cleared since

e: After actually reading the article, there's no proof that NK actually accepted to broadcast any of the shows....

One of the previous dictators there was a massive John Wayne fan, they kill all who dare watch shows from outside, but themselves lap it up.
So the only one watching them is probably Kim himself.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Laurence fox deleted this tweet, but a lot of people are making sure it continues to live on:

I'm 100% certain that publically calling his litigious and rich ex wife a coke addict, as well as talking about family court stuff that you aren't allowed to talk about will work out well for him....

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts

The Question IRL posted:

I'm reminded of that article I saw last week where a White Nationalist moved to some really white part of the States.

And then realized he hated dating White TradCath women and also hated how his White neighbours didn't just want to prepare for a race war.
On the plus side by the end he sort of realizes that White Nationlisim is just dumb.

That article is great because he's like "ugh all these basic rear end white people are lame, they just want to stick to themselves and don't appreciate culture; I haven't made any friends since I moved here." But if you just read his article it's obvious that he hasn't made friends because he's an incredibly obnoxious, antisocial, pretentious rear end in a top hat.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I've never known someone so keen to run into rakes and then get some more rakes and carefully lay them down for the purpose of running into

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

fuctifino posted:

Laurence fox deleted this tweet, but a lot of people are making sure it continues to live on:

I'm 100% certain that publically calling his litigious and rich ex wife a coke addict, as well as talking about family court stuff that you aren't allowed to talk about will work out well for him....

Hell yeah, straight into my veins (or more fittingly, up my nasal cavity)

Please post more meltdown tweets, they're exactly the pick me up I need on a Wednesday morning

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
do some people angrily tweet themselves to sleep, then

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
you know it

https://twitter.com/dril/status/226848849241714689?lang=en

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

fuctifino posted:

Is the ex-wife he is referring to her Billie Pipper?

Also, it's a good idea mentioning another ongoing bill he has that he has to pay but can't talk about. It makes it sound like he's admitting that all the hush money payments he is making are really reducing his spending money.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Let he who has never banged a line cast the first... nah wait. People who love ching shouldn't throw stones... that doesn't work either.

Beholdest the gramme that is in your nose before considering the bump in thy wife's.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Divorceddad's Last Theorem: "I have discovered a marvelous proof that women be junkies, but this margin is too woke to contain it"

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/labourwhips/status/1772678660207624233

Keir Mather is now a loving Labour whip

I thought whips were meant to be bullies with the power to threaten and intimidate?....

The Question IRL posted:

Is the ex-wife he is referring to here Billie Pipper?

Yes. He's loving up badly :allears:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

guess its time to pay the piper

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
There any point advertising Tory minister announcements? It’s like putting 3 subs on at 90 minutes to waste time.

Also when is Fox going to scale Buckingham Palace in a Batman outfit?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/labourwhips/status/1772678660207624233

Keir Mather is now a loving Labour whip

I thought whips were meant to be bullies with the power to threaten and intimidate?....

Vote the way you're supposed to or I'M TELLING!

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Starbucks posted:

There any point advertising Tory minister announcements? It’s like putting 3 subs on at 90 minutes to waste time.

Also when is Fox going to scale Buckingham Palace in a Batman outfit?

He should dress up as Bane.

Only instead of having a device that pumps Venom directly into his brain, it pumps a liquid that cause him to make stupid decisions and post awful things on Social Media.

You know, Whiskey.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

I wonder which marriage Billie Piper now regrets the most. Insane coke head posh twat Fox, or being nonced by Chris Evans

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

smellmycheese posted:

I wonder which marriage Billie Piper now regrets the most. Insane coke head posh twat Fox, or being nonced by Chris Evans

She certainly has an interesting track record.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

keep punching joe posted:

Let he who has never banged a line cast the first... nah wait. People who love ching shouldn't throw stones... that doesn't work either.

Beholdest the gramme that is in your nose before considering the bump in thy wife's.

This photo of Fox’s cocaine bunged nose looks a bit like one of those Grey Aliens sporting a nice moustache

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

smellmycheese posted:

This photo of Fox’s cocaine bunged nose looks a bit like one of those Grey Aliens sporting a nice moustache

i saw the picture before i read the text and as i scrolled i was mildly concerned as to what this was going to be

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
The only moral cocaine is my cocaine

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

drat I can't afford to pay alimony... better libel my ex-wife, that'll turn things around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Embarrassed myself in Aldi today. I was listening to the audio book version of Garth Marenghi's Terrortome and while deciding on which ham I wanted (eventually went for French Torchon Ham) I burst out laughing.

Also if I was one of those that "couldn't speak" I don't think I would want Lozza doing it for me.