Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Wasn't easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

I think the electorate might be a bit racist

Oh yeah that’s a given. Totally a positive reinforcement thing going on with racist policies.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Good news for anyone who thought the disinformation article was too long to read and suggested an audio version, it’s now in podcast form. This episode skips the ancient history stuff and gets right into who started pizzagate etc.

https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/the-dirt-unit/id1701913743?i=1000649956511

So I dont get to hear about the little kingdom of Bavaria that could?

hambeet fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Mar 26, 2024

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

JBP posted:

I think the electorate might be a bit racist

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lmao eat poo poo labor. Killed in senate.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Libs stay winning

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Synthbuttrange posted:

Coalition passes it in the house to kill it in the senate with the cross bench.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Synthbuttrange posted:

loving amazing.

Guardian AU posted:

Labor’s controversial deportation bill will not pass the Senate on Wednesday, after the Coalition and the Greens teamed up to delay it for at least six weeks for a further inquiry.

In what the independent senator David Pocock labelled an “almighty backfire” for Labor, the Albanese government failed to win bipartisan support for a bill threatening non-citizens with prison if they don’t cooperate with their deportation.

Despite voting with the government to pass the bill in the House of Representatives on Tuesday, the opposition announced on Wednesday morning that Labor had failed to make the case for the bill’s urgency.

Pocock dabbing on them.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

hambeet posted:

So I dont get to hear about the little kingdom of Bavaria that could?

You can, it's just a different episode. And people generally know most of that history already. Or at least it's already been reported elsewhere. This one corrects a critical error in the current coverage, and tells you who actually started it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
They keep thinking that out duttoning Dutton will make them escape the high court and they didn't anticipate that Dutton would just use the senate and the Greens to stop them long enough for the high court to bite them in the rear end.

All this over a gay Iranian who doesn't want to be deported back to Iran to his death, by the way and Labor wants this bill so they can forcefully deport him to his death regardless of his objections then place a travel ban on Iran so they can automatically send back fleeing Iranians to their death.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

They keep thinking that out duttoning Dutton will make them escape the high court and they didn't anticipate that Dutton would just use the senate and the Greens to stop them long enough for the high court to bite them in the rear end.

All this over a gay Iranian who doesn't want to be deported back to Iran to his death, by the way and Labor wants this bill so they can forcefully deport him to his death regardless of his objections then place a travel ban on Iran so they can automatically send back fleeing Iranians to their death.

I still find it infinitely grim that the LNP gave us gay marriage and the ALP torpedoed a First Nations voice.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
It is weird

The Coalition can be forced to be socially progressive but will naturally be Conservative if no movements occur

Labor will willingly be socially conservative and because they are perceived to be socially progressive anyway by the public and media at large they won't take any progressive actions in order to avoid being attacked.

Indeed they will act conservative in order to anticipate criticism of being too progressive.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
You think they would be more aggressive if they were allowed to tell the coalition to get hosed during sitting hours?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The liberal party believes in freedom, choice and competition. The Labor party believes in ????? enforced by party line.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

JBP posted:

The liberal party says that they believe in freedom, choice and competition. The Labor party believes in ????? enforced by party line.

ftfy

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So Andrew Wilke revealed that the AFL and Players Association has been corrputing the team doctors by having players who have been taking (illegal) drugs and telling the coaches and teams it's been "injuries".

All fine and totally normally...except I think WADA would be banning the players if THEY find out after 3 strikes. Which they have not. Because the AFL and Players Association got the doctors to lie to everyone else.

Cool and Normal.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-03-27/coalition-wont-support-immigration-legislation/103638462

ABC News posted:

Home Affairs Minister, Clare O'Neil said it was "bleedingly obvious" why the laws needed to pass but provided little detail.

It's "Common Sense!" ...and that's the end of the discussion. Conservative parties trying to masquerade as progressive can just :fuckoff:

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Comstar posted:

So Andrew Wilke revealed that the AFL and Players Association has been corrputing the team doctors by having players who have been taking (illegal) drugs and telling the coaches and teams it's been "injuries".

All fine and totally normally...except I think WADA would be banning the players if THEY find out after 3 strikes. Which they have not. Because the AFL and Players Association got the doctors to lie to everyone else.

Cool and Normal.

Frankly I think professional athletes should be allowed forced to take as many drugs as they possibly can

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I would be very interested in a version of the AFL where players could do all the blow they wanted tbh. I don't think it should replace the main competition but it probably would. And I'd watch it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Who gives a gently caress if any worker smokes weed or whatever on the weekend. gently caress off Wilkie.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Augmented Football League

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JBP posted:

Who gives a gently caress if any worker smokes weed or whatever on the weekend. gently caress off Wilkie.

Exactly. PEDs pose a fairness and competition integrity issue but recreational drugs are none of your boss's business

*Edit* I'm told the sponsors don't like the players doing recreational drugs

EoinCannon fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Mar 27, 2024

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

At first I assumed PEDs and was like wow what a scoop, then it turns out it's some kid doing MD on the weekend. Who cares! gently caress off!

JBP fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Mar 27, 2024

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Cocaine isn't prohibited by WADA who test players on game day. AFL does the illicit drug testing, player's union shouldn't put up with it

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
from what i gather, cocaine makes you better at soccer so it makes sense it would make you better at afl

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

EoinCannon posted:

Cocaine isn't prohibited by WADA who test players on game day.

Not 100%
https://www.sportintegrity.gov.au/sites/default/files/SIA279-0124-Cocaine%20Factsheet-A-3%20%5BDIGITAL%5D.pdf

"Under anti-doping rules the use or possession of cocaine is prohibited during the “In-Competition” period – this begins at 11:59pm the night before a competition and lasts until the end of competition and/or any athlete testing*. If an athlete is found to have used or possessed cocaine during this ‘In-Competition period’, they face a ban from all sport of up to 4 years.

Anti-doping testing only looks for cocaine in samples collected during the In-Competition period – Sport Integrity Australia does not look for cocaine in Out-of-Competition samples. However, in addition to anti-doping rules, some sports (like Rugby League and Rugby Union) also have rules in place about the use of cocaine outside of game days, which can include mid-week illicit substance testing. These testing programs, rules and consequences are determined by each sport, not by Sport Integrity
Australia."

If the AFL is pre-testing players so they don't fall foul of this, good on them IMO.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Cocaine is a hell of a drug

https://twitter.com/AUesportsleague/status/1772100825260900409

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

we need to get more kids playing the computer from a young age

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
everyone wants a noodle partner

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

spaceblancmange posted:

Every kid gets a Commodore 64.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

spaceblancmange posted:

https://twitter.com/PaulineHansonOz/status/786745607444652036

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Is Mi Goreng a PED? (performance enhancing dish)

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

EoinCannon posted:

Cocaine isn't prohibited by WADA who test players on game day. AFL does the illicit drug testing, player's union shouldn't put up with it

Cocaine is very much a prohibited PED as per already quoted that has lead to deaths when used as a PED (Off the top of my head it was used as a stimulant and increases the effect of other PEDs, side effects may include heart attack)

What players do in their own off competition time is who the gently caress cares, In competition, it's banned for pretty sound reasons.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Is Mi Goreng a PED? (performance enhancing dish)

no, but the superior Shin Ramyun is, if you add an egg

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I would be very interested in a version of the AFL where players could do all the blow they wanted tbh. I don't think it should replace the main competition but it probably would. And I'd watch it

Did you not watch the AFL in the 2000s?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The next election is going to loving suck so much. Advance right flanking the libs. I guarantee the libs will have a crowd pleasing housing policy that sounds better than "government invests money and maybe one day uses the money to build a house". They're also going to win the migration arms race very easily. Very amusing/sad to watch Giles poo poo the bed and gently caress up again this week. The man looks like a cartoon strip office outcast.

Labor will go with some extremely lame women wedge that will end up being thwarted immediately by whatever inevitable scandal happens for them, while simultaneously alienating some of their voters with it for no gain. Chalmers will write an essay with three titles about how good the economy is and nobody will read it plus their rent will go up 40%.

The greens should have a good one at least.

Nobody will want to talk about climate change all that much.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

hooman posted:

Did you not watch the AFL in the 2000s?

I was not aware they were blasting fat lines constantly or I would have been a lions full member for sure.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

Unless the fires return.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

birdstrike posted:

Unless the fires return.

Possibly, but I don't think it will be enough to shift the conversation away from everyone being poor and hosed in the slightly more immediate term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

JBP posted:

Plenty of people want to talk about climate change.

They just don't want to loving do anything about it and vote Liberals or Labor.

I have doorknocked on so many people who tell you "climage change is the most important issue to me, I want there to be a habitable planet for my grandkids. We need to protect the environment. Thats why I am voting Liberals"