Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

That DICK! posted:

Bumpin' on a trash can.... Scrummin' in a street fight

BIG

I appreciate this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
LA knight will pop AJ's bicep with a needle, causing him to fly all around the arena in a comical fashion and be counted out. Yeah

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

LA knight will pop AJ's bicep with a needle, causing him to fly all around the arena in a comical fashion and be counted out. Yeah

The battle of the juiced up 40-year-olds

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/AIRGold_/status/1772759076801220837?s=20

punk has moved on and is living his best life

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Punk taking shots at WWE: handsome guy
Punk taking shots at AEW: fat guy getting reported to HR

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://x.com/AIRGold_/status/1772759076801220837?s=20

punk has moved on and is living his best life

It's sort of amazing that he truly believes in his own lies. "Haven't said a word" lol.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Those were obviously typed

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

Those were obviously typed

punk is the type of guy who says the words he’s typing out loud in an increasingly emphatic tone

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/ChrisVanVliet/status/1771906586673545238?s=20

finally wwe is being compared to something that isn’t the MCU

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
AJ is the MiniBoss now.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

bad?

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Why are WWE stans obsessed with comparing the Fed with cinematic universes? One would think they be into AEW instead if they like the idea of shared universes since AEW actually interacts with the rest of the wrestling world.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shiksa posted:

followup question, has either of the usos learned any moves the other doesn't do yet
one of them learned how to be fatter than the other

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Why are WWE stans obsessed with comparing the Fed with cinematic universes? One would think they be into AEW instead if they like the idea of shared universes since AEW actually interacts with the rest of the wrestling world.

We’re not into AEW because it absolutely sucks 💅

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

shiksa posted:

followup question, has either of the usos learned any moves the other doesn't do yet

I guess one of them has learned to move the car keys into another person's hand when he's drunk.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

woah epic its just like the godfather the rock is obviously the godfather

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Recent studies have shown that WWE fans share a lot in common with comic book nerds in that they are both loving moronic dumb dumbs

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Long-Time Lurker posted:

AEW has that boring wrestling poo poo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
scarface the world is cody

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Long-Time Lurker posted:

they hate indie wrestling

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

How much wrestling was on Raw? Gotta be under 50% of the run time surely

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So is Cody's superpower getting the poo poo beaten out of him by anyone that company actually wants to push?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Alan_Shore posted:

Singles Match
Ricochet defeats JD McDonagh (w/Dominik Mysterio) (14:25)

:::: Not eligible for the matchguide: match length < 5 minutes. ::::
Singles Match
Candice LeRae (w/Indi Hartwell) defeats IvIy Nile (w/Maxxine Dupri) (1:50)

:::: Matchguide Rating: 5.38 based on 79 votes. ::::
Tag Team Match
#DIY (Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa) vs. The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods) - No Contest (6:26)

:::: Matchguide Rating: 6.37 based on 93 votes. ::::
Singles Match
Andrade defeats Giovanni Vinci (7:10)

:::: Matchguide Rating: 6.27 based on 82 votes. ::::
Singles Match
Bronson Reed defeats Sami Zayn (9:35)

:::: Matchguide Rating: 5.95 based on 80 votes. ::::
Singles Match
Jey Uso defeats Shinsuke Nakamura (7:30)

46:56, call it 47 minutes out of 185, that's 25.4 percent bell to bell.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Why is your guy who's gonna be challenging for your #3 title at Mania losing randomly on Raw? How do you have a six minute tag match end in a no contest. Good god this company is poo poo.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Big Sexy was a trendsetter.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Suplex Liberace posted:

woah epic its just like the godfather the rock is obviously the godfather

Rip his head off Rock. Decapitate him Rock!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Why is your guy who's gonna be challenging for your #3 title at Mania losing randomly on Raw? How do you have a six minute tag match end in a no contest. Good god this company is poo poo.

I watched a WOR youtube video about it and apparently the idea was Gunther was playing ~mind games~ and also establishing a contender for Sami post-mania.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Alan_Shore posted:

https://x.com/honeycakeman/status/1772595711835594840?s=20

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Rock keeps calling himself the final boss, but he is on Night 1?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Night 1 is always better

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

projecthalaxy posted:

Singles Match

Singles Match

Tag Team Match
#DIY (Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa) vs. The New Day (Kofi Kingston & Xavier Woods) - No Contest (6:26)

Singles Match

Singles Match

Singles Match

It's funny, on paper most of those matches sound pretty alright to great. I've no idea who Ivly Nile is but Bronson Reed vs Sami Zayn should slap, Ricochet vs McDonough should be great if you are able to forget about the Speaking Out allegations around the former Jordan Devlin (don't forget about them or overlook them). But man. That's the thing that makes WWE special, they take a great roster and the end result is a 6.27 match

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Speaking of WWE wasting wrestlers, wasn't there a young wrestler who was getting hyped up and had a match with AEW, they were a student from Rollin's wrestling school, and then they got signed to WWE and I remember it being a "big deal" that AEW didn't get them

But I can't remember the name, I think they were British.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like that this guy says he liked the show and is just doing this out of curiosity and people are still blisteringly mad at him

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Miching Mallecho posted:

Speaking of WWE wasting wrestlers, wasn't there a young wrestler who was getting hyped up and had a match with AEW, they were a student from Rollin's wrestling school, and then they got signed to WWE and I remember it being a "big deal" that AEW didn't get them

Ben Carter, who worked those AEW matches without a visa during the pandemic without telling anyone, got signed to NXT UK and renamed Nathan Frazier and in the 3 years since then he's aged approximately 20 somehow

Alaois fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Mar 27, 2024

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Miching Mallecho posted:

formerly ben carter, I can't remember his fed name atm just that he looks like a haggard caveman now

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Was XWF the Dark Universe?

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Singles Match

Singles Match

Tag Team Match

Singles Match

Singles Match

Singles Match

It's even worse than I imagined! Thanks for the legwork.

I mean it's no surprise that WWE fans don't actually like wrestling, but tuning into a wrestling show that is 75% NOT WRESTLING is truly fedpilled

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The most notable thing here is that every single one of the matches has both TV time and "actual" time listed, and they're almost all like 50/50. A 15 minute match with over 7 minutes of commercial break!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Alan_Shore posted:

It's even worse than I imagined! Thanks for the legwork.

I mean it's no surprise that WWE fans don't actually like wrestling, but tuning into a wrestling show that is 75% NOT WRESTLING is truly fedpilled

I mean it's pretty obvious they hate wrestling, that was Vince's primary driving force for decades. Wrestling is for hillbillies and nerds, WWE makes CINEMA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

JethroMcB posted:

The most notable thing here is that every single one of the matches has both TV time and "actual" time listed, and they're almost all like 50/50. A 15 minute match with over 7 minutes of commercial break!

Thats not entirely raws fault though. Watching things on regular cable is crazy after a few year break. It's like 4 mins of content, 3 of ads all for medicine on every channel