Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

I threw like a hundred pulls and got zero Gallaghers. Ughhhh I really want the hot age-appropriate man.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Valentin posted:

my primary team is argenti/bronya/tingyun/gepard, and other than gepard being just okay it works fine. other than those i think i pretty much just have normal f2p characters (incl the good doctor) and a smattering of four-stars. i know hsr wants two teams eventually; if i'm going to build my second one around dr. ratio, would i be better served by picking up luocha or aventurine?

Luocha is a healer that doesn’t use SP, has enemy buff cleanse and party debuff cleanse. His sheer utility wins out because he’s a swiss army knife solution to nearly all challenging mechanics (those mara struck who revive or drain hp? Not anymore! Enemies that grey out half your hp bar? Fixed! Confusion? Stun? Burst heal? Steady regen heal? He’s got you covered) and can synergise well with any party.

BUT if you like Aventurine’s design/personality/etc. more, go for him. Always prioritise fun over meta, there’s nothing that difficult in regular content.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Honestly I think aventurine is a better sustain than Luocha nowadays as far as keeping your team alive. I generally switch out luocha for fu xuan because people get one-shot too much in between his skill cooldown these days in high moc.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Eimi posted:

So what is your Gepard's gear situation looking like? I only have 128 spd on him, but that's enough even if I'd prefer more. He's entirely sp positive and there's no real thinking to tossing him in a team. I guess I don't like him that much for farming content, but you also don't need a giga shield there anyway. Like the key to Gepard is as much spd as you can load on him, wanting him to at least not be too far behind your dps, and a nice ERR rope. Once I had that setup it was smooth sailing. Especially against the new moc monke he's been pretty invaluable.
I've moved stuff around since the last time I tried to use him, so I don't how much less he had then, but it's 131 now, plus Vonwacq. That's still not enough to make him feel good. I can clear the easier side of these two current MoCs with him, but it feels awful even when it works: he can't get a full shield up before the enemies start attacking, his Skill-BA-BA combo relies on him getting hit to generate enough energy, I can't run him with Jingliu or Bronya because they're too fast, and he has zero room to improvise when things go wrong. Using him feels like a constant race to keep his shield up, against not just the incoming damage, but his own team's speed. He's not completely ineffective, but I don't enjoy him at all.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Yeah Gepard's (somewhat ironically) bad with Bronya. I usually bring him with my Kafka/BS/RM team and I don't have issues with him personally

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fyi difficulty level 1 of the new su world gives another copy of herta if you dont have her at e6 (or if you do and want 20 dupe tickets ig)

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

My supporting women’s wrongs #2024 line up is complete for now

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I have an incredibly weak will. I told myself I would burn 30 tickets to try and get Gallagher, so I spent another 10 on Acheron’s banner and got her. And since I was feeling pretty good, I went and tried my luck on the lightcone banner. Won the 50/50 in 20 pulls, and snagged 2 GNSWs in the process. Yay.

This game is going to bleed me dry when my gambling twink comes around.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Just finished the patch story. Wowee, Shaoji really brought the HI3 writing style over with him with multiple POV characters where each part reveals a bit about the other part until some crazy poo poo happens.

Let your journey be forever peaceful...

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Wrong lightning char.

e4 Gallagher at least

Detheros fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Mar 27, 2024

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
There's something satisfying about spending a week before a patch farming for a character you may not even get, then getting her and being able to like jump immediately to level 70 with most of your poo poo kitted out.

Also Penacony going super loving hard and making me care about Aventurine.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

On a scale of 0 to 10 monkes should I bring a shielder on the new main story quests?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

blizzardvizard posted:

Yeah Gepard's (somewhat ironically) bad with Bronya. I usually bring him with my Kafka/BS/RM team and I don't have issues with him personally

Yeah, shields don't work with turn advance. That's not Gepard bad, but bad team building. Gepard makes 1 big shield 1 time. He works best with a dps who hits really hard 1 time.

Endorph posted:

fyi difficulty level 1 of the new su world gives another copy of herta if you dont have her at e6 (or if you do and want 20 dupe tickets ig)

Mine is e5 now. I have never pulled Herta from the gacha. At this rate, I will have e6 Herta by December.

Valentin posted:

my primary team is argenti/bronya/tingyun/gepard, and other than gepard being just okay it works fine. other than those i think i pretty much just have normal f2p characters (incl the good doctor) and a smattering of four-stars. i know hsr wants two teams eventually; if i'm going to build my second one around dr. ratio, would i be better served by picking up luocha or aventurine?

The answer is Aventurine because he is made to work well with follow-up characters. Especially Dr. Ratio.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Dr Ratio + Topaz elation was hilarious in the new SU max difficulty. Poor meme didn't live long enough for mechanics.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

bagrada posted:

On a scale of 0 to 10 monkes should I bring a shielder on the new main story quests?

Don't worry you are provided with one

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i ended up with two of acheron’s light cones in one 10 pull. who else could use this loving thing because i’m not s2ing an e0 character :colbert:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

How good are people finding Gallagher? I am wondering how long I can hold off on going for 5* sustains lol

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

MNSNTZR posted:

i ended up with two of acheron’s light cones in one 10 pull. who else could use this loving thing because i’m not s2ing an e0 character :colbert:

I put my dupe on Welt, now he's powerful.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

ST3SHPNLNTN3 - New code!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Dracula Factory posted:

ST3SHPNLNTN3 - New code!

Redeem it here!

https://hsr.hoyoverse.com/gift

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Gallagher's relics are being a pain. Right now, he's at 48/112 crit and 125 break. I've got 2 more rolls on 2 relics, so I really hope they roll crit. I guess I could always put Yukong on his team.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
Can someone explain a bit about how Acheron's abilities work?

I see she has a big glowy symbol where her ultimate meter would be, but I'm not sure what info it's supposed to be telling me?

And counters are appearing on enemies - her ultimate description mentions something (crimson knot? At work and can't open the game to check) but it says it uses those counters, but not how they're accrued.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple but none of my other characters (that I'm aware of) have abilities like this :downs:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Annath posted:

Can someone explain a bit about how Acheron's abilities work?

I see she has a big glowy symbol where her ultimate meter would be, but I'm not sure what info it's supposed to be telling me?

And counters are appearing on enemies - her ultimate description mentions something (crimson knot? At work and can't open the game to check) but it says it uses those counters, but not how they're accrued.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple but none of my other characters (that I'm aware of) have abilities like this :downs:
the tl:dr is :

each time your team performs an action that inflicts a debuff, Acheron gets a "petal" on her flower and inflicts a Crimson Knot

once the flower is "full" (9) you can trigger her Ultimate

the knots are consumed by the strikes of her Ultimate combo attack to inflict AoE damage along the strike and increase the damage of each subsequent strike of the combo

she does not use Energy at all like the other characters

and there are various other ways to get more petals and knots at once

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Eej posted:

Just finished the patch story. Wowee, Shaoji really brought the HI3 writing style over with him with multiple POV characters where each part reveals a bit about the other part until some crazy poo poo happens.

Let your journey be forever peaceful...

I know and I love that they do that, but I can't help but wonder if people would dislike the way the storytelling is done in that patch because it constantly shifts POVs?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Excelzior posted:

the tl:dr is :

each time your team performs an action that inflicts a debuff, Acheron gets a "petal" on her flower and inflicts a Crimson Knot

once the flower is "full" (9) you can trigger her Ultimate

the knots are consumed by the strikes of her Ultimate combo attack to inflict AoE damage along the strike and increase the damage of each subsequent strike of the combo

she does not use Energy at all like the other characters

and there are various other ways to get more petals and knots at once

Gotcha, so I want to pair her with a debuffer. I assume debuffs are things like shock or burn? Or that paralyze thing Dr. Ratio sometimes inflicts?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Annath posted:

Gotcha, so I want to pair her with a debuffer. I assume debuffs are things like shock or burn? Or that paralyze thing Dr. Ratio sometimes inflicts?

The game count nearly everything that can be placed on the enemy as a debuff, it's quicker to name what does not count. Clara's Mark and Hanya Burden does not count for it.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Annath posted:

yes, you want to pair her with as many debuffers as you can

debuffs include Damage over Time effects like Burn, but also effects like DEF Reduction (like from Pela or Silver Wolf) or effects like Immobilize from a Weakness Break

basically if you apply a negative or damaging effect to the enemy, its a debuff. The only exceptions (that I know of) are Hanya's Burden and Clara's Mark Of Counter

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Keep in mind for one of her Trace bonuses she wants two other nihility in her group as well, if you don't have her E2. Pela, Guinafen and Silver Wolf being the most commonly recommended.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!
So, I somehow pulled Acheron and Gallagher. I was actually pulling (at first) for Luocha. :2monocle:

Then this happened.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Annath posted:

You want to pair her with pela and silver wolf, or pela and guin if you don't have SW. Any other team is varying degrees of bad(at e0), or the mythical "welt sustain".

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Her E2 opens up her team comp options quite a bit but, who would you sub in that's not nihility? Mostly just curious since prydwen doesn't list a comp option for that.

Ruan Mei I guess?

e: oh duh, Sparkle would be good.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 27, 2024

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Sleng Teng posted:

How good are people finding Gallagher? I am wondering how long I can hold off on going for 5* sustains lol

I've been testing an E0 one now and he seems fine enough, but you really do want to have his Eidolons. How well he can sustain is gonna depend on your other team members, though. It should be easy for him to keep a Kafka/BS team alive, for example, since attacking multiple targets with Besotted heals you that many times, but he probably won't do too well in a team with a Bronya that never attacks. His healing does feel a bit spotty without E4, though.

Much like Asta, though, he gets better when facing Fire-weak enemies. He shaved off like 20% HP of the last MoC's Memory Zone Meme on break, which isn't nothing coming from a healer.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
I have Pela, but I don't have either of the other two. I also only got one Acheron - should I just spend the rest of my gems trying to get copies for her Eidolon?

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Selenephos posted:

I know and I love that they do that, but I can't help but wonder if people would dislike the way the storytelling is done in that patch because it constantly shifts POVs?

I've been enjoying it so far, fwiw. No prior history with HI3.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Annath posted:

I have Pela, but I don't have either of the other two. I also only got one Acheron - should I just spend the rest of my gems trying to get copies for her Eidolon?
you absolutely do not need her eidolons please dont think you do
also please dont think you need her lightcone
if you really like her and want her to be stronger id recommend rolling for her lightcone but thats only if youre okay giving up a potential other 5* for making her stronger

if you dont have guinafen or silver wolf you can run her with gallagher as well

and seriously dont worry that much about optimized teambuilding until like, the absolute peak of endgame

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Endorph posted:

you absolutely do not need her eidolons please dont think you do
also please dont think you need her lightcone
if you really like her and want her to be stronger id recommend rolling for her lightcone but thats only if youre okay giving up a potential other 5* for making her stronger

if you dont have guinafen or silver wolf you can run her with gallagher as well

and seriously dont worry that much about optimized teambuilding until like, the absolute peak of endgame

I already have her light cone, I got it on my first set of 10 rolls :v:

I got Acheron herself after 20 rolls, so I've only spent 30 tickets :v:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Got Archeon on 40 pulls but no Gallagher. No Light Cone so far and probably won't be able to dig into story till weekend

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Her E2 opens up her team comp options quite a bit but, who would you sub in that's not nihility? Mostly just curious since prydwen doesn't list a comp option for that.

Ruan Mei I guess?

Bronya/Sparkle. At e2 you get one flower whenever your turn starts with her, so 3 per activation. So the team would be something like Acheron/Pela/Sparkle/Geppard(with Trends)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Annath posted:

I already have her light cone, I got it on my first set of 10 rolls :v:

I got Acheron herself after 20 rolls, so I've only spent 30 tickets :v:
in that case then yeah you're really good. you dont need to invest even more in making her better, shes gonna be really good. you dont need her e2. you'll get guinaifen eventually since shes just a 4*. and like i said gallagher works with her too.

you can also run her with the fire main character because their taunt counts as a debuff, and they can equip a light cone called trends of the universal marketplace that burns the enemy when they get hit, so thats two debuffs right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
For others that don't have her LC: The thing about her LC is that it combines the benefits of the only 2 4* LCs she can really use. Good Night And Sleep Well is just pure DMG on people that are debuffed. As she wants debuffs constantly going out, it's good for her. Resolution Shines Like Pearls of Sweat lets her apply a debuff herself, something she doesn't do naturally. This has impacts on some relic sets and just generally makes her Ult faster. Her LC both gives her more damage *and* lets her apply a debuff. Pretty much every other 4* LC is meaningless for her.

If you really like what she's doing and want to make it easier for her to Ult, you can go get it as long as there isn't a character you really care about. I was considering it, but I think the story sold me on Aventurine. I might just say screw it and try for him. I have both GNSW *and* Resolution Shines, so I can use whichever and get some of the same effect. It's not optimal, I'm leaving something on the table one way or the other, but it's "Good enough". Please believe me when I say she's a loving beast that doesn't need to be that optimal to kill everything.

e: Oh and if you want to run FireMC with her as the sole sustain, make sure he's fast. You do not want to fall behind on using taunt in longer encounters.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Mar 27, 2024