Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Only thing I’m still wrapping my head around is inventory. I’m scooping up everything I see without knowing how useful it may be then I get overburdened so I pass things to my pawn then she gets overburdened and I don’t want to sell poo poo because hey I may need it later. There’s a lot of crafting to figure out too.

I’m just a little guy I can’t be carrying all this heavy stuff!

Innkeepers have storage you can dump stuff into, and it's a shared storage between every innkeeper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Little bummed to hear the advanced classes are sorta underwhelming, I apparently picked the most OP class (thief) from the start so I'm not really looking forward to changing it up for something that kinda sucks comparatively. I wish I could assign those classes to pawns, that might be more interesting.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

RubberLuffy posted:

Innkeepers have storage you can dump stuff into, and it's a shared storage between every innkeeper.

Also you never need to keep upgrade materials on your person (except in rare cases when it's part of a quest). Like in DD1 if you want to upgrade armor or weapons the armorer/blacksmith can just pull the upgrade materials directly from your storage.

I've liked Mystic Spearhand so far but I feel like making the most of it would take more skill and practice than I've done so far for any other vocation. Seems like you would need a good sense of the max range of your Blue Rose charged ability plus there's the timing/situational awareness of when to use the teleport or the arc ability that stuns a group. Also one of the skills is a loving God Hand move so it's automatically good. It seems more demanding than the other melee classes if you wanna be stylish.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

explosivo posted:

Little bummed to hear the advanced classes are sorta underwhelming, I apparently picked the most OP class (thief) from the start so I'm not really looking forward to changing it up for something that kinda sucks comparatively. I wish I could assign those classes to pawns, that might be more interesting.

The game never gets very difficult, so test out the different vocations and find something you find fun.

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual

explosivo posted:

I think that Trickster might actually be the most powerful class, it's just weird and unintuitive, maybe slightly boring compared to the others.

EDIT: Forget all the janky stuff. You need only two abilities. The damage buff and the maister skill. Then, get yourself some DPS pawns and you're set to take on any boss, really really fast.

George Sex - REAL fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 27, 2024

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

George Sex - REAL posted:

I think that Trickster might actually be the most powerful class, it's just weird and unintuitive, maybe slightly boring compared to the others.

i tried it out and found it boring but i have never really been a support class player!

i have enjoyed the other adv. classes though, magick archer still rips and spearhand is fun to launch yourself at a flying dragon's head and then divebomb it

wayfarer is functionally any class you want it to be so im not really considering it as anything

explosivo posted:

they're not as straightforward as the base classes so half the battle is learning to play them in ways that dont just turn them into a base class

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I've been digging spearhand specifically for the utility it has in saving my team from getting slapped by big hitters, you can basically sustain the shield indefinitely if you focus on normals, with occasional slowing bolts thrown in.

Especially great for keeping drake meteors from wiping out half my team.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I'm never loving hiring a Mage Pawn with Frigor or Succor ever again.
I hired one that has both and she spends every combat encounter either obscuring my vision or doing loving nothing because she's trying to channel Succor and getting interrupted.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

I hired one that has both and she spends every combat encounter either obscuring my vision or doing loving nothing because she's trying to channel Succor and getting interrupted.

if there's DLC to buy gicel for sorcerors im gonna buy it. one of my favorite spells since it looked cool and all the shattering sounds and poo poo coupled with the ice spires angling at things was cool af

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
The best part about Frigor is when a hired pawn casts it and my main pawn picks up an ice chunk it leaves behind and throws it at a harpy

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I've been digging spearhand specifically for the utility it has in saving my team from getting slapped by big hitters, you can basically sustain the shield indefinitely if you focus on normals, with occasional slowing bolts thrown in.

Especially great for keeping drake meteors from wiping out half my team.

just wait until your stamina capacity is higher, you can use the shield continuously and spam whatever abilities you want alongside it. mystic spearhand is super broken

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So, what's the quick and easy way to start over right now?
Just cut the internet, delete local save, and overwrite cloud save with local when sync issue happens?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

RubberLuffy posted:

The best part about Frigor is when a hired pawn casts it and my main pawn picks up an ice chunk it leaves behind and throws it at a harpy

ice chunks are perfect for using the spearhand force throw with

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

just wait until your stamina capacity is higher, you can use the shield continuously and spam whatever abilities you want alongside it. mystic spearhand is super broken

I've got plenty of capacity, the main issue is regen right now. I could use skills but the sustain isn't quite there for longer fights.

Once I get the passives for skill usage down and regen up though, I'm totally expecting to just tear through with it while having an invincible squad.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Broken Cog posted:

Just cut the internet, delete local save, and overwrite cloud save with local when sync issue happens?

Pretty much yeah. I did it, worked without issue.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

There are save managers on Nexus.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

What's succor?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kevin Bacon posted:

What's succor?

Single-target Full Heal spell.
I might have remembered the name wrong.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey, guess who went all the way to the Beastren capital without finishing the guard captain's quest chain first??
Guess who didn't have a port crystal on hand??

DD2 I love you but GODDAMN.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

There's a succor bjorn every minotaur

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I was riding the oxcart and got ambushed by a cyclops. Well during the fight the oxcart got turned over, but managed to not get destroyed. This distinguishes it from a previous incident where I was playing warrior and charging my big upward slash move, and the oxcart ran into me and promptly exploded into a million pieces when I release the charge. I figured I was probably screwed, but I walked over and there was a button to "Aid Oxcart", which set it right and re-attached the ox. Cool! Except the cart won't move because we're in a narrow canyon and there's a giant corpse directly in front of it, and apparently I can't doze off to skip past that.

Enjoying the game but I wish there was some more enemy variety.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Inzombiac posted:

Hey, guess who went all the way to the Beastren capital without finishing the guard captain's quest chain first??

Once you see the portcrystal in Vermund logically you'd think like "oh cool there's one of these in every capital city"

No. No.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Magil Zeal posted:

I was riding the oxcart and got ambushed by a cyclops. Well during the fight the oxcart got turned over, but managed to not get destroyed. This distinguishes it from a previous incident where I was playing warrior and charging my big upward slash move, and the oxcart ran into me and promptly exploded into a million pieces when I release the charge. I figured I was probably screwed, but I walked over and there was a button to "Aid Oxcart", which set it right and re-attached the ox. Cool! Except the cart won't move because we're in a narrow canyon and there's a giant corpse directly in front of it, and apparently I can't doze off to skip past that.

Enjoying the game but I wish there was some more enemy variety.

it's rare that this bit of information i know can help anyone but you can make large corpses dissolve faster by attacking them a bunch. i discovered this on accident by attacking a still moving for some reason griffin corpse. it melted away. i imagine this is b/c a large corpse in a cave can block you from progressing but this feature is in the game

Sloober fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 27, 2024

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...c46b5cad66298d&

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Bussamove posted:

That person is egregious because it’s obvious from her language she hasn’t played the game and is engaging in bad faith arguments she half-remembers. Framing it as “a single fast travel item costs half as much as a house!” gets way more traction than “both the house and fast travel items are dirt cheap, also they’re everywhere if you look around”. Context ruins the righteous indignation.

I also miss when I could at least pretend Sterling wasn’t just an outrage factory.

Stephanie Sterling has a great video that lays into predatory mobile game devs but going all the way back to her stuff on Destructoid like 20 years ago, she's always been a contrarian/bad take/outrage writer and her output was 90% dog poo poo takes. Her and Robert Summa were two of the worst writers they had and it was those two that made me start getting most of my game reviews from something awful

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
i like this game

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'm actually kinda annoyed that there's basically no endgame. It means that once you hit the end, probably around level 50-55, you're basically done. There's nothing to work towards, and no point in trying to upgrade your gear, because there's not much challenge in the final stretch of the game, and there is, as far as I can tell, nothing new added for NG+. If the max level is 200, that's a lot of wasted potential.
I'm guessing this might get "fixed" with a BBI/Dark Arisen type DLC down the line, but as of right now, it's pretty disappointing.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!

Inzombiac posted:

Same, I went through this terrifying windswept mountain pass full of minotaurs and chimeras before emerging into the sunny mesas of the desert, figured I'd go all the way to the capital since I was there. It was a fun trip I guess, but not putting a portcrystal in a major city like that sure is a choice.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

I'm actually kinda annoyed that there's basically no endgame. It means that once you hit the end, probably around level 50-55, you're basically done. There's nothing to work towards, and no point in trying to upgrade your gear, because there's not much challenge in the final stretch of the game, and there's as far as I can tell, nothing new added for NG+. If the max level is 200, that's a lot of wasted potential.
I'm guessing this might get "fixed" with a BBI/Dark Arisen type DLC down the line, but as of right now, it's pretty disappointing.

this is just a very funny aside but you can search for level 999 pawns in the pawn search. and yeah agreed. if i play NG+ i'm planning on at least dumbing my equipment down to a level where i'm not one shotting quite as many things, its difficult tho since i think i have a base 300 or something atk at this point, and i dont want to neuter my pawn in case people want to hire her.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Inzombiac posted:

If you've managed to kill a drake, and have 20+ of those dragonblood crystals, you can head down to the coast NE of that city and buy a port crystal there.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I just got to Bakbutthal for the first time and the very first thing I did was ditch Mystic Spearhand as fast as I possibly could, because holy poo poo was that vocation annoying to play.
I switched to a level 1 Trickster, because I just unlocked it and went to the inn to sleep.

People who've been to Bakbatthal can guess what happened next.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Jack Trades posted:

I just got to Bakbutthal for the first time and the very first thing I did was ditch Mystic Spearhand as fast as I possibly could, because holy poo poo was that vocation annoying to play.
I switched to a level 1 Trickster, because I just unlocked it and went to the inn to sleep.

People who've been to Bakbatthal can guess what happened next.

amazing

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Sloober posted:

it's rare that this bit of information i know can help anyone but you can make large corpses dissolve faster by attacking them a bunch. i discovered this on accident by attacking a still moving for some reason griffin corpse. it melted away. i imagine this is b/c a large corpse in a cave can block you from progressing but this feature is in the game

Good to know, in this case I just walked the rest of the way, but useful in case I run into this problem in the future.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Magil Zeal posted:

All that happened when I first got to Bakbatthal is that I got slammed with a bunch of new sidequest unlocks.

There's a small event outside the backstreet inn in Bakbatthal where you have to 1v1 some dude. Which always goes well if you just switched to Trickster.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Does this game have a wedding ring like the first one?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Also, with the new difficulty mod I'm using I actually had to use my healing consumables for the first time, which made me realize that they actually DID nerf healing potion spam from the first game by virtue of making you lose Max HP on every hit.
You can still effortlessly avoid death as many times as you have potions, but that's still much better than how it worked in DD1.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

There's a small event outside the backstreet inn in Bakbatthal where you have to 1v1 some dude. Which always goes well if you just switched to Trickster.

Yeah I thought about it for a bit longer and realized that'd be an issue, just wasn't even really thinking about the Trickster part

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Deified Data posted:

If you mean something that instantly maxes someone's affection, then yeah. Pretty sure I got it from The Sphinx. You can even buy it again from the forgery guy after using it once, but it costs like 200k.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Deified Data posted:

It's there, but it is a hell of a sidequest to get it.

If you wanna know where, it's one of the last things you get from the sphinx line of quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Boo, I can't give the quest books as rewards for pawn quests. I'll have to find some other item to bribe people into using my pawn. On the upside: both book quests done now. Well, mostly, I still have the follow up to do, but the actual book bits are done. Does anyone know what the turquoise ring is used for? do I give it to the girl's dad or something?