Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

blizzardvizard posted:

I've been testing an E0 one now and he seems fine enough, but you really do want to have his Eidolons. How well he can sustain is gonna depend on your other team members, though. It should be easy for him to keep a Kafka/BS team alive, for example, since attacking multiple targets with Besotted heals you that many times, but he probably won't do too well in a team with a Bronya that never attacks. His healing does feel a bit spotty without E4, though.

Much like Asta, though, he gets better when facing Fire-weak enemies. He shaved off like 20% HP of the last MoC's Memory Zone Meme on break, which isn't nothing coming from a healer.

Did you build him for damage, or just break? I'm wondering if I should abandon my sub dps build since my healing build has more break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Got Acheron's E1 in 2 pulls. Guess all my failed 50/50s are being made up for in this patch.

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Also, did anyone else who played last night not get refreshed Cosmodyssey dice when they logged in today? Not sure if it's a bug or if I did something wrong.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Obnoxipus posted:

Also, did anyone else who played last night not get refreshed Cosmodyssey dice when they logged in today? Not sure if it's a bug or if I did something wrong.
i think there isnt gonna be a reset until tomorrow? so people didnt have to log in at like midnight to not miss a day of it

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Selenephos posted:

I know and I love that they do that, but I can't help but wonder if people would dislike the way the storytelling is done in that patch because it constantly shifts POVs?

What kind of person would dislike one of the most common and straightforward writing techniques? Frankly, the game has stood out so far from most other stories ever told in any media for never really doing that earlier.

Anyway, I found it funny that (patch story spoilers) Acheron's faction in her profile officially changes from Galaxy Ranger to Self-Annihilator.

Edit: Also, now I want to pull for Aventurine.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Mar 27, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shifting POVs, which were invented by honkai 3rd impact

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011

Endorph posted:

i think there isnt gonna be a reset until tomorrow? so people didnt have to log in at like midnight to not miss a day of it

Oh that makes sense! That's good then, I'm glad it was done for a reason.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

So somehow I got her within twenty, so now I still have four hundred warps saved up. I'll play her during the banner with s1 gnsw and see if I feel like her cone is what I want. I'm mostly saving for ruan mei and fu xuan reruns now, which feels like I have the space to go for it...

Also her technique rules.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

got acheron on my 50th pull exactly which was the last of my saved tickets :toot:

i don't have any of the other broken damage dealers like Jingliu or blade so this should help me a bit with MoC and the like

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Bad Video Games posted:

Did you build him for damage, or just break? I'm wondering if I should abandon my sub dps build since my healing build has more break.

Just break. Though honestly it's probably fine to run a Fire DMG boost orb just to squeeze out some damage, since with his LC he heals himself so much anyway, and you can probably run a Crit Rate chest fine if you want, since the 34.5% Healing Boost is less of a force multiplier when you've got 75% already. But he doesn't really do that much multiplier over turns and his base ATK isn't that high, so it's just gonna be a small bonus. I wouldn't sacrifice BE substats for crit if you're not at 150% yet though I don't think

I'm just focusing on break though since once Harmony Trailblazer drops he can convert that BE to damage more regularly anyway

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
I saved the last two stages of the recent MoC because I'm kind of weak on those fire/lightning/wind stages and I knew I was going to pull Acheron. Got her up to 8/9 traces and went in with first passable relics I have. Even with minor misplays, one shotting it once more as f2p, she's on SI3 GNSW. She does steal half the Quantum team from Qinqque but they aren't that important. Won the 50/50 on 75 pulls so still have 200 pulls banked.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Mistakes were made but I wasn't going to use that Google play credit for anything else I guess lol.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

i hope they make more characters with alternate ultimate conditions that isn't just energy like Archeron, its neat.

also I guess my account is just anti-electric, i skipped Kakfa, JY, and Acheron

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I hit pity on the standard banner last night also and got a second copy of Himeko's LC. I'll have to figure out who else can use that one. Still hoping for Clara, and Welt's LC one of these days. Maybe they'll do the targeted banner Genshin just added or another selector at some point.

GateOfD posted:

also I guess my account is just anti-electric, i skipped Kakfa, JY, and Acheron

Fight it or rock with it, music conquers all.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

My account is currently anti-ice and anti-quantum, though Misha and QQ are there if I'm really desperate for elemental coverage. But more likely I'll just wait for some 5* DPS that I like

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Don't forget you can buy the Standard Banner LCs from the Store. 600 of the dup gems but still, if you really want them it's not a bad deal compared to waiting for more Standard pulls.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Just did a couple SU runs with the mythical Welt sustain. I know that is bumper bowling considering the buffs but I do see how it is viable now. I put really random relics on him to maximize EHR, speed and ER and he was able to lock down most encounters.

I had considered it since the new SU world really favors Mr. Ratio and Topaz. So I ran Archeron (e2r1) and Welt (using Pearls LC) with them - Welt fills the one Nihility requirement and Topaz (with LC) and Ratio offer debuffs for Acheron, while Ratio still benefits from the debuffs as well. I’m not sure how viable it is out of SU but they absolutely smash this new world.

I can see now how below e2 would feel restrictive, though I feel like in SU the team could still do well even if someone didn’t have e2. I kind of want to try Welt Sustain for real in MoC but will probably have to get him some proper artifacts rather than this current mishmash targetting substats. Skill points could be an issue out of SU but with Sparkle it should be ok, making the team Acheron Sparkle Pela and Welt.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

blizzardvizard posted:

Just break. Though honestly it's probably fine to run a Fire DMG boost orb just to squeeze out some damage, since with his LC he heals himself so much anyway, and you can probably run a Crit Rate chest fine if you want, since the 34.5% Healing Boost is less of a force multiplier when you've got 75% already. But he doesn't really do that much multiplier over turns and his base ATK isn't that high, so it's just gonna be a small bonus. I wouldn't sacrifice BE substats for crit if you're not at 150% yet though I don't think

I'm just focusing on break though since once Harmony Trailblazer drops he can convert that BE to damage more regularly anyway

I actually completely forgot about Harmony trailblazer in all the excitement.

I was actually building a sub dps setup when I found this:

https://youtu.be/hbfMhel7U2Q?si=4aDmhK09e_ikPCEf

My numbers are extremely close to this, so I think I'm going to keep grinding this out. I haven't unlocked all of his traces or maxed his lc yet. My break will end up much higher.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

blizzardvizard posted:

My account is currently anti-ice and anti-quantum, though Misha and QQ are there if I'm really desperate for elemental coverage. But more likely I'll just wait for some 5* DPS that I like

Jingliu is coming next banner and she's one of the top dps in the game contrasted by the rest of ice characters being not so great.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Tagichatn posted:

Jingliu is coming next banner and she's one of the top dps in the game contrasted by the rest of ice characters being not so great.

I wouldn't count on leaked reruns too much. Everyone was sure we were getting Fu Xuan and Topaz this banner. That being changed threw several of my plans out the window.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Bad Video Games posted:

I wouldn't count on leaked reruns too much. Everyone was sure we were getting Fu Xuan and Topaz this banner. That being changed threw several of my plans out the window.

It's not a leak, she's announced to be the rerun banner alongside Aventurine.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

83 rolls and no 5*

very fascinating.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

They announced the banners though.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I was thinking 2.2. Reading fast and dyslexia strikes again!

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Tagichatn posted:

Boothill and Sam's got a lock on my pulls for the next few patches :v: I'm going all in on the Break team comps.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol at the trailblazer when you run out of dice to use

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Eej posted:

I put my dupe on Welt, now he's powerful.

great! i’ve been meaning to build welt for my eventual mono-imaginary team.

with boothill’s stuff being out there, i’m just waiting for… anything about sunday and i can plan accordingly.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I ran out of Tracks of Destiny...

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I am pretty committed to getting Jingliu since I need ice damage and she seems to be good. I have 40 rolls towards pity and enough Jade for 142 rolls. Archeron would be kind of nice to have also, since I feel like I am somewhat saturated with sustain and support characters and beyond DHIL my dps characters are average. Is there any online thing to calculate how many gems/tickets will be obtainable per patch so I can figure out how many rolls I can do towards Archeron before stopping? I know I have 16 more tickets remaining from the 1 year anniversary event, and I could do the math for dailies, but I am not sure if upcoming events or giveaways are known. I would guess I need about 160 tickets / gem equivalents by the end of next banner, since I lose almost every 50/50 and have not got a banner character before high 70's since 9 months ago. Basically worse case scenario would be winning the Archeron 50/50, then losing the Jingliu one and being short 20 tickets or so from getting her.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Eimi posted:

Bronya/Sparkle. At e2 you get one flower whenever your turn starts with her, so 3 per activation. So the team would be something like Acheron/Pela/Sparkle/Geppard(with Trends)

What does "with trends" mean I feel dumb.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's a preservation lightcone called Trend of the Universal Market:

Increases the wearer's DEF by 16/20/24/28/32%. When the wearer is attacked, there is a 100/105/110/115/120% base chance to Burn the enemy. For each turn, the wearer deals DoT that is equal to 40/50/60/70/80% of the wearer's DEF for 2 turn(s).

It's relevant because it provides a debuff.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Trend of the Universal Market. It's a 4 star Preservation cone. Everyone got 1 copy for free in Belobog. It puts a burn on the enemy every time the character holding it is attacked. It's the vest cone for Fireblazer or Gepard on Acheron's team.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Not gonna lie, the story definitely made me more interested in pulling for Acheron in a way the trailers didn't.

Also made me more interested in putting Aventurine in a loving dumpster where he belongs.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Kyrosiris posted:

Also made me more interested in putting Aventurine in a loving dumpster where he belongs.

:stare:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

He's a very well made twink

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Not gonna lie, the story definitely made me more interested in pulling for Acheron in a way the trailers didn't.

Really? I love Acheron for obvious reasons, but this patch actually made me really like Aventurine.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I got Acheron and her LC yay! She's so badass.

My Gepard with Trend just went from "gets the job done I guess" to "monstrous nuke battery". Every time he gets hit it gives Acheron a flower and he gets hit a lot due to his aggro passive and AOE enemies.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I lost the roll to mother loving yanqing e1

are you loving kidding me?????

and then dan, continuing no Gallagher. What the gently caress

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 27, 2024

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Meowywitch posted:

It's my fault. I'm sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I got Acheron and her LC yay! She's so badass.

My Gepard with Trend just went from "gets the job done I guess" to "monstrous nuke battery". Every time he gets hit it gives Acheron a flower and he gets hit a lot due to his aggro passive and AOE enemies.

If Fireblazer's shields were a bit stronger, they'd be even better since their taunt also counts as a debuff.

Meowywitch posted:

It's me, the girl with Yanqing E6, hi.