Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
fuckin' elon's guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

is fulla diiiiiiiiirty ol cheeeeese buuurrrrrgeeeeeeeeeeers

:guitar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Elliot page just lives in these weird dorks' heads rent free while he just enjoys doing whatever he pleases

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/omg_tesla/status/1772490304303870197

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Elliot page just lives in these weird dorks' heads rent free while he just enjoys doing whatever he pleases

this is really any person they dont like, which is most people

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Spoilers, please

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

lol wtf

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
Loving the blue checks being all 'lol that's clearly not how that's done'

Service manual ' do this'

blue checks 'well yes it does say do it like that but not like that'

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
lmao that tesla is held together with glue and lies.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
maybe the could include an overengineered

for $2000 as well as their over-engineered granny's grabber for right-hand drivers

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
wonder what its like for the other windows.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

gschmidl posted:

Not worth it.

This needs to change. We need to make his poo poo not worth it for the Elon Musk and Matt Walshs of the world

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

shyduck posted:

Burning through large amounts of money and resources just for this

unhinge the cringe

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I work at a successful auto plant and when we have new models or revisions we have loving quality testing that catches this poo poo. Like weekly meetings on which items need changes and their progress. Like we decided the folding armrest was a bit too loud so we are ordering thinner foam to reduce the friction. Dozens of issues ironed out before anything goes to market. I assume this is how most auto alerts work and that Tesla is just top down build it like we say.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

I work for an insurance company and it was funny seeing the auto symbols for Teslas rise so quickly once it became apparent that even small fender benders could total out the entire car. iirc it wasn't even stuff like this it was "oh there was a really important electronic component in that spot and it actually can't be replaced" lmao

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I work at a successful auto plant and when we have new models or revisions we have loving quality testing that catches this poo poo. Like weekly meetings on which items need changes and their progress. Like we decided the folding armrest was a bit too loud so we are ordering thinner foam to reduce the friction. Dozens of issues ironed out before anything goes to market. I assume this is how most auto alerts work and that Tesla is just top down build it like we say.

This isn't a problem for Tesla though, they'll just charge out the rear end for a new spoiler and the bazingas will happily shell out for it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

kazil posted:

God I hate this rear end in a top hat

I would pay good money to see Elliot Page go on Timple's stupid basement webcast and look him and all of his friendployees in the eye and go "Say that to my face, Tim." and just count the microseconds until Pool turns into a stammering bitchmade puddle of of piss.

Also "this rear end in a top hat", please be more specific, there are three of them in that tweet.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

shyduck posted:

Burning through large amounts of money and resources just for this

:elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon::elon:

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

reminds me of when Consumer Reports couldn't even give Tesla a star rating because no two cars they looked at were alike. they took apart several of the Model 3s and found different bolt patterns on all of them

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
The emotional whiplash of all the dumb poo poo needed to peel off the top of the spoiler then underneath they actually use decent torx head bolts instead of poo poo-rear end phillips or slotted head like you’d expect.

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

I can't imagine producing a vehicle without pre-release testing putting a vehicle through all of its typical expected servicing paces and making sure it can be done reasonably; including replacing every single piece of glass since that's probably the #1 most common thing that'll need to be done.

But then again, Tesla doesn't give a poo poo about its customers after its gotten its initial purchase from them. Having to literally destroy the rear spoiler to replace the rear window just means they get to sell you a new rear spoiler too. As long as their customer base continues to breathlessly excuse everything they do, why wouldn't they feel incentivized to milk their customers with unnecessary service costs?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

JAMOOOL posted:

reminds me of when Consumer Reports couldn't even give Tesla a star rating because no two cars they looked at were alike. they took apart several of the Model 3s and found different bolt patterns on all of them

do tesla even have assembly lines, like how does that happen.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Yeah Tesla made an "off road" vehicle that bottoms out and shoots plastic poo poo everywhere. There's the exploding whiskey and the fuckin tent. Or the cargo boxes you can't secure. Its a marketing company that used to make decent-ish cars.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Apparently this got community noted but the note was so bad it got removed lol

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Tangentially related but the Alex Jones Sandy Hook HBO trial is incredible and pray we may see a Musk sequel

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

biznatchio posted:

I can't imagine producing a vehicle without pre-release testing putting a vehicle through all of its typical expected servicing paces and making sure it can be done reasonably; including replacing every single piece of glass since that's probably the #1 most common thing that'll need to be done.

But then again, Tesla doesn't give a poo poo about its customers after its gotten its initial purchase from them. Having to literally destroy the rear spoiler to replace the rear window just means they get to sell you a new rear spoiler too. As long as their customer base continues to breathlessly excuse everything they do, why wouldn't they feel incentivized to milk their customers with unnecessary service costs?

Even on better-made cars you'll run into things where whoever designed it never thought about use cases. Changing the battery is most of the stories I've heard, probably because it's right at the level where some guy will want to do it themselves but the manufacturer might want to get them into the shop. My brother saw one where the battery clamp was bolted to the underside of the car in a way that the bolts would spin free unless you had a second person under there hanging onto them while you turned from the top.

Tesla, however, seems to be entirely made of problems like that.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Dodge :rant:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
This is what happens when you let the greatest AI company in the world make cars.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Bruceski posted:

Even on better-made cars you'll run into things where whoever designed it never thought about use cases. Changing the battery is most of the stories I've heard, probably because it's right at the level where some guy will want to do it themselves but the manufacturer might want to get them into the shop. My brother saw one where the battery clamp was bolted to the underside of the car in a way that the bolts would spin free unless you had a second person under there hanging onto them while you turned from the top.

Tesla, however, seems to be entirely made of problems like that.

I own a 3rd gen Ford Escape and removing the battery requires also removing either the entire windshield wiper cowl or the entire air intake box first. Neither of them are beyond the scope of a DIY'er but it's just like.. incredibly loving stupid.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

biznatchio posted:

easier to imagine when you consider the fact that Tesla's #1 priority by far is stock price

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

thunderspanks posted:

I own a 3rd gen Ford Escape and removing the battery requires also removing either the entire windshield wiper cowl or the entire air intake box first. Neither of them are beyond the scope of a DIY'er but it's just like.. incredibly loving stupid.
I had an 03 Mazda 6 that you had to drop the bumper to replace the headlights. Packaging in the engine compartment of modern cars is obnoxious because they are min maxing the amount of steel that goes into a unibody.

Guess what the spoiler on an EV doesn't need to worry about?

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006

shyduck posted:

NBC News is dying

Hmmm I wonder what might have been happening around 2020/2021 that would cause a spike in people accessing the news?

I guess we will never know.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

shyduck posted:

NBC News is dying

DogeDesigner dont need to post the source of his data

He just need to slap an X on it

Because X is the source of Truth

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

kaiwero posted:

Hmmm I wonder what might have been happening around 2020/2021 that would cause a spike in people accessing the news?

I guess we will never know.

You're posting like the guy didn't just literally make up numbers.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Elias_Maluco posted:

DogeDesigner dont need to post the source of his data

He just need to slap an X on it

Because X is the source of Truth

I hope he's continually watering down any chance of trademark enforcement with all those branded posts

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

kazil posted:

This is really loving vile.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

kazil posted:

the more hosed up thing is they are trying to make him a victim because they used to be thirtsy for him when he had tits. so they view him as enough to person to paint him as victim because it has to be, it cant be "paige always felt thisway about himself and wanted to change it and they had the recourses to do it", it must be " "THEY" did it to him"

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

I deleted my 14 year old barely ever used twitter account today and my only regret is they didn't have a "tell us why you're leaving" box

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

thunderspanks posted:

I deleted my 14 year old barely ever used twitter account today and my only regret is they didn't have a "tell us why you're leaving" box

It would have gotten community noted anyway

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Azhais posted:

It would have gotten community noted anyway

did they ever have a feedback option for people deactivating? I like to think they did and elon got tired of being called a bald rear end nazi bitch and took it away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

ngl this sounds like a genuinely cool place to work