Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Do u think there are prob some Klingons that read the Bible out of curiosity and now are Christian. U know some of these aliens got into the Christianity thing

I think there are some aliens who see the pyramids and then whisper to each other "Oh poo poo remember when our race first started exploring space a few thousand years and were randomly doing poo poo? I think we built those dude"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think there are some aliens who see the pyramids and then whisper to each other "Oh poo poo remember when our race first started exploring space a few thousand years and were randomly doing poo poo? I think we built those dude"

There's alien conspiracy theorists who are so excited because we have pyramids and they have pyramids and archaeologists are just like 'yeah it's a good way to make a big impressive pile of rocks' but they won't listen.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Federation mails a hostile alien a DVD of Independence Day with a note saying "We fought off these fuckers in the early 1990s"

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

cardies could go fundie easy, it would make almost no difference ‘cept science would drop off what with the cardy b’s going trad wife

naem
May 29, 2011

davidspackage posted:

You must not have read the gospels in the original Klingon.

Let me tell you what actually happened at Golgotha *stretches arms*

https://www.theonion.com/klingon-speakers-now-outnumber-navajo-speakers-1819565239

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
If you had to being Jeebus to the Klingons you'd probably have to do like The Dream of the Rood and recast him as a buff superhero who agrees to die only cause it ain't no thang for a super tough warrior like him

Worked for the savage Anglo Saxons at least

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Trying posted:

cardies could go fundie easy, it would make almost no difference ‘cept science would drop off what with the cardy b’s going trad wife

Keeping up with the Cardassians is a very different show, where if you deviate from the Cardassian societal norm the Obsidian Order takes you for questioning and sentencing.

And contestants report eachother for the most minor infraction.

It's the No.1 show in its timeslot!*

*On the only media program channel in the Cardassian Empire**.

**Viewing is also mandatory during non-work hours.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jesus: Do you know how easily I could remove myself from these Romans' custody? But you have grown weak and complacent. If my death would inspire the people to become warriors again, then perhaps today is a good day to die!

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Jesus: Do you know how easily I could remove myself from these Romans' custody? But you have grown weak and complacent. If my death would inspire the people to become warriors again, then perhaps today is a good day to die!

Romulan crucifying Klingon Jesus: "I cannot defeat him. I can only kill him. And neither holds any interest for me any longer."

2000 years later, as academics look at artifacts from the time of Klingon Jesus:
Chronicler one: "And this is the Spear of L'ngin'us, which pierced his side."
Chronicler two: "And these are the self-sealing stem bolts that held him to the one true cross."
Chronicler three: "And this is the blue barrel, which fell on him and broke his neck."

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

E: woops

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Admiralty Flag posted:

Romulan crucifying Klingon Jesus: "I cannot defeat him. I can only kill him. And neither holds any interest for me any longer."

Render unto Sela that which is Sela's.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I am Jesus of Nazareth of House Joseph, son of God, reviver of the dead and freer of the damned, provider of the feast of fish, and fisher of man. WHO WANTS BLOODWINE

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

With but five bowls of gagh and two small kegs of bloodwine, Klingon Jesus fed and feted 5000 mighty Klingon warriors plus their support personnel, and behold! There was enough of each left over to feast the victory and toast the souls of the dead as they entered Sto-vo-kor!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Onward Christian warriors
Marching as to war
With the batleth of Christ
Onto stovokor

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Got to Night Terrors of my TNG rewatch and drat its a real good and the scene where Doctor Crusher is in the cargo bay with the bodies and they all sit up is probably one of the creepiest scenes in TNG.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Actually the creepiest scene in all of TNG is...

Geordi getting walked in on in the holodeck.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Night Terrors would be much better remembered if it wasn't for the too-goofy Troi dream sequences that kinda drag it down a bit.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Trip really wants T'Pol to stop reading the Bible and watch movies instead

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The hair on the Jem'Hadar looks so silly.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Trip really wants T'Pol to stop reading the Bible and watch movies instead

I always appreciated Phlox being down to watch the weekly (Royalty-free public-domain) movie. :allears:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Hoshi: "I have a black belt in aikido."

Lmfao.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

keep that Star Wars poo poo out of startrek

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I always appreciated Phlox being down to watch the weekly (Royalty-free public-domain) movie. :allears:

to be fair its incredibly realistic that all the movies it is illegal to copy died off and the only movies from this time period left are public domain

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

like im not saying in the future we will lose all our current movies and artwork but it would be incredibly on brand and in line with whats already happened, if that were to happen

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Technically they still have the data of all the early 21st century movies but they're encrypted and the licensing servers got nuked in WW3.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Picard: The Disney Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line August 4th, 2053. Executive decisions are removed from multimedia strategy. The Mouse begins acquiring IP at a geometric rate. The cinematic universe becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

Young Guinan: Disney fights back.

Picard: Yes. It launches its copyright claims against the targets in China.

Young Guinan: Why attack China? Aren't they our friends now?

Picard: Because Disney knows the Chinese debt collection will eliminate its enemies over here.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

McSpanky posted:

Picard: The Disney Funding Bill is passed. The system goes on-line August 4th, 2053. Executive decisions are removed from multimedia strategy. The Mouse begins acquiring IP at a geometric rate. The cinematic universe becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug.

Young Guinan: Disney fights back.

Picard: Yes. It launches its copyright claims against the targets in China.

Young Guinan: Why attack China? Aren't they our friends now?

Picard: Because Disney knows the Chinese debt collection will eliminate its enemies over here.

I'm very okay with replacing season 2 & 3 of Picard with T1 and T2.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP!!

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

redshirt posted:

YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP!!

Lilith Crane's alien to disguised Riker: "Get your paws on me, you damned dirty ape!"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Variety did a big piece about the current ongoing productions of various Star Trek projects

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1773002047689818348?s=20

Some tl;dr stuff-

-The S31 movie has wrapped filming. We got the first confirmation of when it actually takes place, and it seems to be somewhere during the 'Lost Era' (which is the period between the end of The Undiscovered Country and the beginning of TNG). One of the characters in the film is a young Rachel Garrett (future Captain of the Enterprise-C).
-They are still trying to make a 4th JJTrek movie with the original cast.
-There is early work being done on some kind of prequel movie but they don't provide a lot of details.
-SNW S3 is finishing production and will be out next year.
-Some discussion about them wanting to make a follow-up to 'Picard' but nothing specific.
-The new Starfleet Academy series is being filmed, which is a spin-off of Discovery set in the 32nd century.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Variety did a big piece about the current ongoing productions of various Star Trek projects

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1773002047689818348?s=20

Some tl;dr stuff-

-The S31 movie has wrapped filming. We got the first confirmation of when it actually takes place, and it seems to be somewhere during the 'Lost Era' (which is the period between the end of The Undiscovered Country and the beginning of TNG). One of the characters in the film is a young Rachel Garrett (future Captain of the Enterprise-C).
-They are still trying to make a 4th JJTrek movie with the original cast.
-There is early work being done on some kind of prequel movie but they don't provide a lot of details.
-SNW S3 is finishing production and will be out next year.
-Some discussion about them wanting to make a follow-up to 'Picard' but nothing specific.
-The new Starfleet Academy series is being filmed, which is a spin-off of Discovery set in the 32nd century.

-cool
-sure why not
-wha?
-gently caress yeah
-god no please kill it with fire
-eh

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This is the quote about the other movie they are working on

quote:

Even further along is another prospective “Star Trek” film written by Seth Grahame-Smith (“Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter”) and to be directed by Toby Haynes (“Andor,” “Black Mirror: USS Callister”) that studio insiders say is on track to start preproduction by the end of the year. That project will serve as an origin story of sorts for the main timeline of the entire franchise.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Isn't... the origin story "this is our future"?

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Admiralty Flag posted:

Lilith Crane's alien to disguised Riker: "Get your paws on me, you damned dirty ape!"

"But we're the warp-capavpe species, so if anyone is the ape in your analogy, wouldn't-"

"Be quiet and follow the trail of Reese's Pieces, spaceman"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. You already have 'Enterprise'. Like are you going to do a movie about WW3?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Voyager already went back to the Big Bang, get new material!

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Just make a 15 minute webisode of Picard going back to the 21st century to kill the writers of Picard, that's all that part of the franchise deserves.

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Continuing their total commitment to never filming anything that builds on 90s trek and instead picking apart the past, over and over again... eeh.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Eagerly awaiting the Star Trek origin story that is just a documentary of the present day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Cookie Cutter posted:

Continuing their total commitment to never filming anything that builds on 90s trek and instead picking apart the past, over and over again... eeh.

Star Trek Picard builds on 90s Trek and look how that turned out