Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Collecting rare posters like it's a CCG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Pretty much every notoriously bad poster in this thread has eventually had a face turn* but I’m starting to think this isn’t going to happen with Shoog

*there’s also JBP who after posting basically normally for years appears to be going through his own heel turn

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

Collecting rare posters like it's a CCG

Goon's Blood.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

acksplode posted:

Vikar in the top 10 twice lmao

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Not sure it's a blessing or a curse that I can never remember much about goons or their posting history. Someone will be like "omg Lobok I can't believe you're agreeing with JumbalayAnnihilator! That's fraternizing with the enemy! Don't you remember, they were saying they eat diagonally cut sandwich halves starting from the bottom corner last week?!" and I will have no memory of it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Woop

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Escobarbarian posted:

Pretty much every notoriously bad poster in this thread has eventually had a face turn* but I’m starting to think this isn’t going to happen with Shoog

*there’s also JBP who after posting basically normally for years appears to be going through his own heel turn

I'm posting normally the thread is just having its annual weird judder before righting itself.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

JBP posted:

I'm posting normally the thread is just having its monthly weird judder before righting itself.

Ftfy.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Finally playing through ff7 remake cos of all the rebirth hype.

It is fun in places, but the section I just played (train tunnels, then under the plate) was REALLY loving boring. I really hope there's not much more of that, cos I just don't have enough time in my awesomely exciting life to get lost in boring corridors like it's 2003.

I'm enjoying the combat, although random trash mobs are now starting to eat through my party in a way which tells me that I probably need to consider tactics other than 'just mash attack until I fill the atb bar, do a skill, switch character, rinse, repeat.

The anime grunting is off the loving scale, and anyone who doesn't recognise that genuinely can't interact with irl human beings paticularly often, and while it's distracting it's kinda funny and stupid so that's OK, particularly when badger does it.

I'm assuming rebirth doesn't suffer from the boring bloated corridors at all from the way you guys are talking about it, so I'm looking forward to getting round to that some time in the next five years or so.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

The Perfect Element posted:

I'm assuming rebirth doesn't suffer from the boring bloated corridors at all from the way you guys are talking about it, so I'm looking forward to getting round to that some time in the next five years or so.

How do you feel about open world type poo poo.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

JBP posted:

I'm posting normally the thread is just having its annual weird judder before righting itself.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

It is fun in places, but the section I just played (train tunnels, then under the plate) was REALLY loving boring. I really hope there's not much more of that, cos I just don't have enough time in my awesomely exciting life to get lost in boring corridors like it's 2003.

I'm enjoying the combat, although random trash mobs are now starting to eat through my party in a way which tells me that I probably need to consider tactics other than 'just mash attack until I fill the atb bar, do a skill, switch character, rinse, repeat.

The anime grunting is off the loving scale, and anyone who doesn't recognise that genuinely can't interact with irl human beings paticularly often, and while it's distracting it's kinda funny and stupid so that's OK, particularly when badger does it.

you are not alone, poster

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I thought midnight suns was in this months plus games but it turns out it was added to the catalogue thing at some point and I could have been playing it for free already this whole time

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Been playing a lot of Unicorn Overlord, that game's cool but as it's been getting harder it's making me realize I'm quite bad at it.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I thought midnight suns was in this months plus games but it turns out it was added to the catalogue thing at some point and I could have been playing it for free already this whole time

Good news, it's only been on there for like a week.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

moon demon posted:

you are not alone, poster

No doubt. Grunt deniers are legit insane. Like, I’ve never seen so many objectively incorrect takes than with that.

But like, who cares?

I only think people got so weirdly online about it because of the normal—for a JRPG—character proportions and aart style. If it didn’t look like it does, i.e. if it were actually anime, nobody would have batted an eye.

Rebirth is open world busywork the game, but, and huge but here, I’m finding it fine. There’s enough character stuff, fun conversations, and the combat is immensely improved from a game that already had pretty good combat.

Though normal seems like the new easy, which is kind of a bummer since I was expecting to get all my challenge from Rebirth. I crashed through Remake on easy just to have it done with.

Agree with your sentiments about Remake too, Element. It was over-long for what it was doing. I still loved it though, and it’s a drat sight shorter than a lot of games I’ve been playing lately so for me it was still the right length.

unattended spaghetti fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 28, 2024

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Arist posted:

Good news, it's only been on there for like a week.

Oh good, I don’t feel so silly now. DD2 is taking up all my game time at the moment anyway though so it’s gonna have to wait regardless.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Rebirth solves every thing you just complained about

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I honestly don't know what an anime grunt is and I don't remember any grunting in remake. I know what a "..." means from the original game tho lol.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Finally ground out the plat on Pacific Drive

The last trophy, the one that took the most time and effort, was for crashing into trees

:smugdog:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

JBP posted:

I honestly don't know what an anime grunt is and I don't remember any grunting in remake. I know what a "..." means from the original game tho lol.

It's like the breath sound you make just after you reach up high for something.

If after reading that you took your hand that's not on your mouse / phone and reached it up for nothing in particular, you're my kind of people.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

Lobok posted:

If after reading that you took your hand that's not on your mouse / phone and reached it up for nothing in particular, you're my kind of people.

?!??

!!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lobok posted:

gently caress, called out

pumped up for school
Nov 24, 2010

Lobok posted:

Not sure it's a blessing or a curse that I can never remember much about goons or their posting history. Someone will be like "omg Lobok I can't believe you're agreeing with JumbalayAnnihilator! That's fraternizing with the enemy! Don't you remember, they were saying they eat diagonally cut sandwich halves starting from the bottom corner last week?!" and I will have no memory of it.

This is why I post so little. It takes so long to open up and reference "goons.xls" these days.

And yes. It is old enough to be.xls and not a Google doc or .xlsx.

And yes, now I'm adding a field for sandwich cutting.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Bottom half is the place to start though, saves the much nicer top crust for last as a little treat.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I started DOOM Eternal again and I'm about halfway through it I think. I'm playing on easy difficulty and it's still stressful at times because of all the different ways to kill enemies that you have to keep in mind at all times, though I think I'm enjoying it more than the last time I tried playing this. I haven't encountered a Marauder yet, though.

I'm playing on Ray Tracing mode and it looks pretty nice! The reflections are badass. I don't normally play on Ray Tracing modes in PS5 games but this one's 60fps and it looks drat good at the same time. That's an accomplishment! Most PS5 games that have Ray Tracing modes are 30fps, right? I guess that's why I tend to avoid them, because if there's a 60fps option, I'm always going to choose that one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

veni veni veni posted:

Nearly every goon I interact with outside of here thinks this is the single worst thread on the entire forums and I think they might really be onto something.

It's probably equal with the Switch thread

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

The only good threads are dead threads.

If you think this is the worst thread, you haven’t explored these boards much. Which is for the best.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I think this thread is good and i like everyone in it. I haven’t posted about any games because I’m too much of a broke bitch to be buying any and I got nothing new to say about baldurs gate. I like the lizard girl.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Same I'm only ever razzing a fellow poster for fun I like this thread.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope that Tekken 8's many anime grunts do not cause any permanent damage to the fragile ears of any goons intending to play it.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
That’s not what Tekken is doing. That’s different. It’s not the same.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://x.com/gearboxofficial/status/1773195417653506202?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Shut the gently caress up Randy Pitchford

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Rise of the Ronin slaps so hard. I hope they make a new Ninja Gaiden soon.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

God drat I would love a new Ninja Gaiden. Make it as inhospitable as possible.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I think you got Hayabusa's battle stance as a pre order bonus. It's pretty cool because it uses animations from Ninja Gaiden games.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Ngl, having just played remake myself, the anime grunting was the first thing i noticed and yes it is off the charts but i also didnt care and stopped noticing it but i cannot deny it. I do find it funny that different ff games are using different vo studios tho 14 and 16 use side uk i think

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Shut the gently caress up Randy Pitchford

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Woke up too early at 5.30am guess ill play final fantasy all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
The worst magic trick Randy has up his sleeve is somehow staying afloat forever. I'd prefer a dissapearing act.