Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Just finished the 2.1 campaign, and I thought it was great! Definitely enjoyed the story more than 2.0, and actually has me excited to find out what happens next.

Who would have thought Adventurine would be the most developed character in the game so far.

Also Gallagher dayum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

reminder: this guy might be the only guy in the entire game with facial hair????

he might be the oldest man in anime

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I thought Cosmodyssey was the main event of the patch while I was playing it and was like wtf this is pretty unexciting, so I was relieved to see that it's not.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Meowywitch posted:

reminder: this guy might be the only guy in the entire game with facial hair????

he might be the oldest man in anime

*youngest

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, Welt has grey hair. He's like 100 years old.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Eej posted:

*puts on hipster glasses* I liked Aventurine before 2.1...

Anyway, I found some Math for people trying to sort out their Acheron situations

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19rxESXnBucmSpIcdltlOszwWOIu115GzITW1x4Jzckw/edit#gid=500004839

From the pure math of it all, dropping a Nihility for Sparkle even in E0 is a small bump in damage and Bronya is a slight decrease in optimal damage, meaning both are viable options even at E0 if they're built and your Nihilities aren't maxed out.

Also yes E2 is an enormous increase in damage (but you don't need it because I dunked on MoC12 in 2 turns with E0S1 Acheron with half built dps Welt, Pela and Fu Xuan with Universal Market)

Thanks - this is especially useful for me to see the artifact comparisons since I am having bad luck getting good pieces of the new set. I had settled on Sparkle/Pela for her last night and it felt really good but seeing the calcs it looks like I won’t need to experiment much now.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Bad Video Games posted:

Yeah, Welt has grey hair. He's like 100 years old.

Hey now, Welt’s only like 70!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Acheron is perfect i'm gonna cry

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

She really set the bar high for spectacle.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
If you go back to the stage, she left a big cut in the sky, lol.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
why is it always yanqing

what the gently caress

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Bussamove posted:

Hey now, Welt’s only like 70!

Welt was 4 in 1955 and came over to Star Rail in 2029 iirc? So he's at least 78. If not older given he's had some adventures on the Astral Express already.

Meowywitch posted:

Who do I mail to demand Siobhan playable???

I know Da Wei has done so much for lesbians already with Black Swan, Acheron, and Robin, but you can't just show us that character design and not let her be playable. Though I guess in a sense she already is. She's a Serval.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

and why is it I, who am stuck using yanqing still, never get any of his eidolons? i'd unironically welcome them

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Incidentally, the black hole imagery of IX is always cool.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

i understand i'm asking for something i probably won't get until patch like 12.4 but i realized what this game really needs to make it click for me is a trailblazer form where your ult is hitting them with the entire astral express. just run em right over with the train.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

That should be Himeko's ult imo.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

How about we get Welt to make us a giant robot that one of it's combinations involves the Astral Express forming the arms ala GaoGaiGar?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I like how the story makes you groan as you look back with 20/20 hindsight at things and go "Oh, of loving course.". Like of loving COURSE he was a mixologist! Why wouldn't he be, it's perfect.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

someone awful. posted:

and why is it I, who am stuck using yanqing still, never get any of his eidolons? i'd unironically welcome them

take my yanqings,

please!

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Eimi posted:

How about we get Welt to make us a giant robot that one of it's combinations involves the Astral Express forming the arms ala GaoGaiGar?

:hmmyes: I like the way you think

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

So am I supposed to believe that Aventurines master plan was to get himself killed ? Wow dude, great job, nailed it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I got Jing Yuan's lightcone 15 pulls ago. I figured I was safe to do a 10 pull on the banner for fun. The very first thing to pop up was a second copy of Clara's lightcone. :negative:

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

So now you have an easy guarantee.... Is that bad?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

GoodluckJonathan posted:

So am I supposed to believe that Aventurines master plan was to get himself killed ? Wow dude, great job, nailed it.

Get himself killed in a way that also publicly exposes the vulnerabilities in the system that the Family is trying to keep hidden, thus giving the IPC leverage over them. But mostly he just wants to die, yeah.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

Valentin posted:

i understand i'm asking for something i probably won't get until patch like 12.4 but i realized what this game really needs to make it click for me is a trailblazer form where your ult is hitting them with the entire astral express. just run em right over with the train.

Nah, you gotta pick up the Express and suplex it into them.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GoodluckJonathan posted:

So now you have an easy guarantee.... Is that bad?

Would have been nice to get Bronya's or Gepard's. Something useful.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Clarste posted:

Get himself killed in a way that also publicly exposes the vulnerabilities in the system that the Family is trying to keep hidden, thus giving the IPC leverage over them. But mostly he just wants to die, yeah.

Technically he's not gambling on dying. He's gambling on his hunch that "Death" can't exist in the Dream and all negativity is being shunted off into the other memory space surrounding the Dream which The Family is actively walling out. Multiple people basically say that the Dreamworld cannot last forever, everything is fated to end (thanks Acheron and Welt). Dreams are both good and bad but The Family is basically just forcing a constant imbalance by forcing positivity and the negativity, as it were, is building up so much and starting to seep into the Dreamworld.

The Dreamworld tech forces you to reality when you would die in the Dream. Aventurine needs the Trailblazer (Stellaron) so he can threaten to nuke the Dream and the "Emanator" (who isn't even one, apparently) to "Kill" him so hard in the Dream that he gets pushed through the boundary where the Watchmaker and all the bad poo poo exists instead of being brought back to reality by the bathtub. He's just chilling in the Nihility space for a bit before Acheron shows up to tell him he has to keep moving forward and he sees little Kakavasha again and very clearly says he's not dead or planning to die because he's not going to see his family yet.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Finished up the Luofu storyline and, much like Jarilo, really enjoyed it. I continue to be very impressed with the leap in storytelling from Genshin (and my expectations) to this. Yeah in a lot of ways it's just Sci-Fi Bullshit but I'm here for it, and actually have some feelings towards these characters.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Acheron being able to instantly kill trash mobs without entering battle is hilarious. I needed a ton of dream engines for her traces and ran out. Crafted 99 energy snacks and had that sorted out in minutes.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

YES!!! 2.1 STORY WAS SO GOOD.

I TOTALLY CALLED THE LAST PLOT TWIST BUT IT WAS STILL SO COOL

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm really disappointed that Sam is just a girl in a Kamen Rider suit. I hope it ends up being more than that.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Acheron being able to instantly kill trash mobs without entering battle is hilarious. I needed a ton of dream engines for her traces and ran out. Crafted 99 energy snacks and had that sorted out in minutes.

oh do you actually get loot from that, the description doesn't make that clear

it would be pretty pointless if you didn't i guess

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Eej posted:

Technically he's not gambling on dying. He's gambling on his hunch that "Death" can't exist in the Dream and all negativity is being shunted off into the other memory space surrounding the Dream which The Family is actively walling out. Multiple people basically say that the Dreamworld cannot last forever, everything is fated to end (thanks Acheron and Welt). Dreams are both good and bad but The Family is basically just forcing a constant imbalance by forcing positivity and the negativity, as it were, is building up so much and starting to seep into the Dreamworld.

The Dreamworld tech forces you to reality when you would die in the Dream. Aventurine needs the Trailblazer (Stellaron) so he can threaten to nuke the Dream and the "Emanator" (who isn't even one, apparently) to "Kill" him so hard in the Dream that he gets pushed through the boundary where the Watchmaker and all the bad poo poo exists instead of being brought back to reality by the bathtub. He's just chilling in the Nihility space for a bit before Acheron shows up to tell him he has to keep moving forward and he sees little Kakavasha again and very clearly says he's not dead or planning to die because he's not going to see his family yet.

It's also pretty explicit that he takes these risky gambles because he has a death wish. He sees no reason to go on living, but also no reason to directly kill himself, so he does the next best thing by always choosing the plan that puts his life most at risk.

This is why they compare and contrast him with Acheron.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I just started 2.1, but I love that I was able to make him cough up another 100k. I hope the trend of being able to beat Aventurine like a piggybank continues.

The MC is really charming, I love how I can play her as a total weirdo raccoon.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah, man just throws money at everything. His response to someone going "I think you shouldn't be giving me so much money" is to give even more money. Like ok, I'll take the free 200k I guess.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm still early in the story quests, but I loving love playing as Aventurine. God, I can't wait to have this man in my party. I'm definitely building him for damage, so it's time to grind the Knight domain. Ain't no way I'll be getting the full 40% crit, but hopefully I get a few good pieces.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 21 days!)

game needs much more of serious Welt scenes, channeling that Liam Neeson energy

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Clarste posted:

It's also pretty explicit that he takes these risky gambles because he has a death wish. He sees no reason to go on living, but also no reason to directly kill himself, so he does the next best thing by always choosing the plan that puts his life most at risk.

This is why they compare and contrast him with Acheron.

Yeah I basically half expected him to switch paths and become a Self Annihilator right there because it sounded like Acheron convinced him to look at his life differently. As you say he doesn't really see much meaning in life because everyone is bound to die but she straight up said there is no meaning in death, only in all the moments that lead up to it.

Bad Video Games posted:

I'm still early in the story quests, but I loving love playing as Aventurine. God, I can't wait to have this man in my party. I'm definitely building him for damage, so it's time to grind the Knight domain. Ain't no way I'll be getting the full 40% crit, but hopefully I get a few good pieces.

Hate be the bearer of bad news here but DPS Aventurine is a toy for the rich. He doesn't do real dps until like E6.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Eej posted:

I'm really disappointed that Sam is just a girl in a Kamen Rider suit. I hope it ends up being more than that.

I am not, because she's cute and we're selfie besties

It does make me question if Playable Sam will be the armor or the girl. I think Sam's armor is kind of boring so I hope just the girl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

He is a very good shielder at all eidolon levels, so while you can't really make him a star, he can be a key team player. Full sp positivity may be locked behind his e1 though, I don't know how it feels not actively pressing his shield.