Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Nite krew if I wake up and this thread has gone to hell you're getting slow mode

BE WARNED!!!!
alright nite krew, here's our chance to really gently caress with those idiot daylighters.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

They can take my meat when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So I have three questions

What was the mean, median, and mode of the affair partners

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Scags McDouglas posted:

I refuse to believe Truth Social is worth that kind of cash when it's literally propped up by one guy that took his ball and went home after he was temp-banned from Twitter. It's his Facebook page.

It's his Facebook page. It's not an IPO.

If I get proven wrong everyone save this post to dunk on me later.

i agree, it's absolutely baffling to me

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

alright nite krew, here's our chance to really gently caress with those idiot daylighters.

*puts on leather posting gloves*

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Bonus point for going with Intercourse, PA for the location.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Barrel Cactaur posted:

Okay so condo vs co-op

In a condo the ownership of a unit is technically separate from the ownership of the common property, but the common property share and obligation are tied to the property using a covenant agreement. A co-op all the property is owned by the common property company and each share entititles use of one apartment. As to WHY run it as a co op it's usually to do with taxes, and it can also smooth out issues with rentals and mixed use developments(the co-op can rent out it's bottom floor while retaining input on similar uses that might slip through a poorly written condo covenant, such as a nightclub replacing a restraunt that had drinks and live music. Technically the same uses, but might be undesirable.)

Three Olives posted:

I wouldn't say that is the only major reason why though, condos are real property that is conveyed and the other people in the building have very little say in how and why it is conveyed to a new owner short of right of first refusal, which can be incredibly expensive and difficult.

Many co-ops retain the right to control who you can sell your share to and under what terms, like saying you can't have any loans on your share or only a certain percentage and make you pass board approval to buy a share. So basically it is a structure where the current owners are literally able to select their new neighbor under completely arbitrary terms as long as they don't violate discrimination laws and any board seeking to do this would know very clearly how to side-step discrimination laws.

Co-op unit owner here. I just want to correct some mistakes in both these posts.

My co-op was created from a rental complex that converted into a co-op after the renters bought out the failing, debt-ridden rental company. This is a very common situation for how co-ops come into existence from my understanding (at least in NYC). There are certainly significant tax incentives but I think that was less important when my co-op was formed in the 80s compared to people wanting to stay in their homes and the best mechanism to do so was to collectively buy out the rental company together.

At least in my co-op it isn't 1 share= 1 unit. Because different units have different values (rooms, top floor vs. basement, size, etc.), differing amounts of shares from ~100-300 shares represent a single unit. This is important because for elections and voting on co-op matters, 1 share = 1 vote.

Three Olives is right that coop boards can and will violate discrimination laws and often get away with it. They don't have to provide you with a reason why they turned you down and, because it's buying into a business as a shareholder, there are fewer protections and regulations in place even in cities like NYC.

That being said, there are some incentives for co-ops to not be too arbitrary in approving buyers. Few people are going to want to buy into a co-op if they think selling is going to be a nightmare which will drive down home values and the board is beholden to the current shareholder who is going to be pissed if the board turned down their buyer for no good reason.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

They are sooooo close yet so far

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Toxic Mental posted:

Yes for god's sake please don't get weird and horny

Challenge level: Impossible

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sęx

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

Waltzing Along posted:

Youtube and crunchyroll are the only things worth paying for. The others are all differing levels of suck.

Youtube is probably the thing that most people watch the most of. So getting rid of ads is worth it. And crunchyroll probably has the most good and original content of any streaming service. And it's cheap.

you know an ad blocker is free, right?

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

Scags McDouglas posted:

I refuse to believe Truth Social is worth that kind of cash when it's literally propped up by one guy that took his ball and went home after he was temp-banned from Twitter. It's his Facebook page.

It's his Facebook page. It's not an IPO.

If I get proven wrong everyone save this post to dunk on me later.

Creed Thoughts the App

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Toxic Mental posted:

Yes for god's sake please don't get weird and horny
weird

horny

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

They are sooooo close yet so far

i can name one thing that changed about the babylon bee since 2017 - seth dillon bought it.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

quote/edit

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Is there been a good workaround for YouTubes adblock blocking yet? I don't use yt nearly as much in the last few months but I got snared up in the poo poo before Christmas and you just straight up wouldn't be allowed to play a video until it was disabled once they caught you

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

i can name one thing that changed about the babylon bee since 2017 - seth dillon bought it a year later.

I remember when it was somewhat clever satire about Christian culture with 0 anti lgbtq, women, democrats etc

Spindle
Feb 12, 2008

Baby, we're rich

John Wick of Dogs posted:

So I have three questions

What was the mean, median, and mode of the affair partners

10 was for intercourse, so it's more like Sex Intensity.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

thunderspanks posted:

Is there been a good workaround for YouTubes adblock blocking yet? I don't use yt nearly as much in the last few months but I got snared up in the poo poo before Christmas and you just straight up wouldn't be allowed to play a video until it was disabled once they caught you

i have never had any problems, i'm running firefox with ublock origin on both my pc and phone

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

thunderspanks posted:

uBlock origin as the only adblocker. If Youtube still complains, then its probably another extension loving it up. Turn them off and on till you find the one that is pissing it off.

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Holy gently caress that's a lot even for a republican

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Bonus point for going with Intercourse, PA for the location.

That's just the starting point. They eventually go to Climax, PA.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

thunderspanks posted:

have you thought of using your phone less and trying to decrease your screen time?

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

I’m gonna CUM!!! eat the bugs!

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

PhazonLink posted:

have you thought of using your phone less and trying to decrease your screen time?

every time I see one of your posts

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Oh yeah… I forgot about that whole aspect of RFK Jr. :stonk:

I was so hung up on the part about his voice being permanently hosed up as a consequence of catching hepatitis from abusing heroin. Y’know, as you do when you’re running for president on a platform of refuting the accepted science on public health.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

I just found out Joe Lieberman died! :woop:

:yeshaha:

Hopefully he and Herb Kohl are in their own corner of hell watching playthroughs of Night Trap on loop with the PMRC's Filthy Fifteen turned up to 11 on repeat as they shove pineapples up each other's puritanical asses on the hour.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Ghostlight posted:

Nite crew on top

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

thunderspanks posted:

every time I see one of your posts

well sorry, but im not going to increase my own screen time to decrease yours.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore

thunderspanks posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/privacytoolsIO/comments/l1zspc/comment/gk5pjhs/ posted:

A dubious attempt to communicate in absentia with advertisers who don’t give a gently caress about some fluctuations. Waste of electricity and traffic.

https://adnauseam.io/

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

First a hearty :lol:,

followed by :stonk: once I looked it up since apparently that's something that actually happened.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Esplanade posted:

They can take my meat when they pry it from my cold, dead hands shoes.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

They can’t take my meat! I’m not done beating it yet!

VanOwen
Oct 8, 2011

Any group that controls this many fonts and is bold enough to use all these exclamation marks must be incredibly powerful! And soon, in fact this Thursday in the cafetorium, I shall become their leader!

Harveygod posted:

First a hearty :lol:,

followed by :stonk: once I looked it up since apparently that's something that actually happened.

Holy poo poo that's a lol

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

rfk jr's voice sounds like an old as hell outboard motor that refuses to start

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Give me your meat

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

A sample entry of diary

quote:

On Nov. 13, 2001, RFK Jr. records a triple play. The separate encounters — coded 10, 3 and 2 — occur the same day he attended a black-tie fund-raiser at the Waldorf-Astoria for Christopher Reeve’s charity, where he sat next to the paralyzed “Superman” star, magician David Blaine and comic Richard Belzer.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

nice to meat you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
https://www.kennedy24.com/events

https://www.kennedy24.com/events#CA-events