Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...0000#1247184814

quote:

An Israeli military court has ordered the release from detention of a reserve soldier who shot and killed Sameh Zeitoun, a 62-year-old Palestinian convert to Judaism, near the Elazar Junction in the West Bank last week. The judge who made the decision said that incident was the result of a series of circumstances which led to the soldier mistaking Zeitoun, who had changed his name to David Ben Avraham, for a terrorist.

The judge also noted the fact that Ben Avraham got out of a taxi with Palestinian license plates at a bus stop near the settlement, that he told the soldier that he was on his way to Jerusalem even though he did not have a permit to enter the city, that he spoke Hebrew with an Arabic accent and said that he was Jewish. He also noted that a knife was found in Ben Avraham's bag and that soldiers had been warned of intelligence alerts regarding possible terrorist attacks. Ben Avraham was shot after lowering his hands, something that the soldier said aroused his suspicions still further.
case closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strangelet Wave
Nov 6, 2004

Surely you're joking!

skooma512 posted:

So, what's the deal with this stuff about IDF soldiers dressing up in women's clothes they find? It's such a weird and specific thing. I don't know how prevalent it is because I avoid vids from the IDF in general, but it seems like it happens a lot and it's not just a couple guys a couple times.

Is this a carryover from the Holocaust or something? As if they stared too long at the Holocaust void and it's staring back now. I vaguely recall accounts of Nazis doing this with clothes they got from their victims.

by wearing the clothes of these women, especially their underwear, they promote a cruel stereotype of Palestinian women as sexually repressed prudes while simultaneously mocking those women for lasciviously violating that very stereotype

in doing so the soldiers blast the women with both barrels of the madonna/whore complex and demonstrate their complete impunity in their dominaton. “we have you coming and going; whatever you do or say is irrelevant to us; you cannot appeal to our humanity.”

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Rubellavator posted:

Can you stop making GBS threads up the thread with tiktok videos/etc because you're throwing a hissy fit over your previous probation? It would be nice if CSPAM mods started actually enforcing rules in this thread....

And yes, obviously I know I'm hypocritical by breaking CSPAM rules with this post. But this thread has somehow been even worse than normal recently...

is there a rule against posting tik toks or something

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

I’m going to sacrifice a red cow for Israel

https://x.com/worldwarnow_/status/1773001312503828568?s=46

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

That looks like a brown cow to me

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

lobster shirt posted:

Congrats on trusting a source that spreads misinformation at a 20% rate

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
who the hell runs to a site called mashable for information

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
lmao

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Seyser Koze posted:

who the hell runs to a site called mashable for information

you do

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost

poo poo

speng31b
May 8, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

you got syqd and now you've been owned

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020
https://x.com/btnewsroom/status/1773102199905640460?s=46

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Weka posted:

Is not learning English a right wing practice? Or founding your community on religious devotion? Are the Amish right wing? Quakers?
Most Haredi men in America work. It's even a slim majority in Israel.

I dunno much about the Amish or Quakers, but in the U.S. these traits are indicative of ultra-Orthodox Hasidic sects. Apparently, that is not the case elsewhere, though. News to me; learn something new every day.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

speng31b posted:

you got syqd and now you've been owned

drat...

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~

Al-Saqr posted:

It's not the limited short term thinking it's describing someone as they are there's a difference between being hopeful and being stupid, the egyptian regime is custom-built to be a backbone of subduing and enslaving egyptians to the benefit of the US, ISrael and the UAE this is how it's acted for 50 years and that's the character of the people running the place, it's calling it as it is. expecting them to actually do anything that doesnt involve serving their masters and enriching themselves is stupidity.

the 'hopeful' part is wishing the day they are overthrown and killed wholesale. the cold harsh truth is that palestine will never be saved until the people who rule Egypt, Jordan, the UAE and Saudi arabia are killed and run over, there's no other path forwards unless that happens.

However, my realistic assessment is that arab people are too traumatised by what happened over the last decade, too poor and desperate or too sheeplike slaves and brainwashed to want to do anything. sadly this is the reality unless proven otherwise.
Palestinians aren't too traumatized to resist. It's not stupid to recognize that people are more than their governments, especially ones like Egypt's and Saudi Arabia (and Amerikkka).

mags posted:

believing naive fantasy isn’t praxis. Egypt isnt going to do poo poo

Seyser Koze posted:

Congrats on trusting a source that spreads misinformation at a 20% rate
Doesn't that say it's specifically about the search, not Tik Tok itself? But either way, I don't get information from videos there. I'm sure plenty are valid (80% not misinfo is a better ratio than western media, lol), but my old brain can't handle the format.

I get my info from articles and analysis mainly. I highly recommend J. Sakai's Settlers - The Mythology of the White Proletariat from Mayflower to Modern, which is about the entire history of the USA's settler colonialism, including in the post-ww2 era that gets into why Israel is an important colony to its empire. Many of my posts are just, extrapolating the information I've gleaned from that, analyzing the present with it. There is only a brief chapter on Israel sadly, but the groundwork laid by previous chapters kind of covers all of it anyway.

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

PostNouveau posted:

I dunno much about the Amish or Quakers, but in the U.S. these traits are indicative of ultra-Orthodox Hasidic sects. Apparently, that is not the case elsewhere, though. News to me; learn something new every day.

Oh yeah my friend we are talking about the same dudes, what I am objecting to is characterizing them as right wing. It's a very internet atheist or American idpol lib type idea that being traditionally religious is in some way right wing, when really liberalism is itself an extremely right wing ideology. As we can see from the thread topic.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

lobster shirt posted:

It's a DND syq replacing DND with cspam from one of the calm Hitlers

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

the gently caress ? that's just a cow

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

:yeshaha:

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

my cousin's been hanging out in the wrong areas, I'm going to send him this because he's whining about the lack of protests

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

The images says it's a "red cow conference", which includes various talks about red cows and a guided tour in a place where they're being grown. No sacrifices or Al-Aqsa entree are listed but still lol

Religious zionists are such psychos

Sancho Banana has issued a correction as of 06:08 on Mar 28, 2024

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

RC Cola posted:

It's a DND syq replacing DND with cspam from one of the calm Hitlers

In this instance, an Irate Hitler, I would say

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Ham posted:

The posts about Egypt invading anything have to be from a different reality. Any troop buildups near the border are minimal and are meant to control a potential exodus into the Sinai by Palestinians, no more and no less.

This is not to say such an exodus wouldn't eventually lead to a conflict with Israel in the near future, but Sisi and the government will only ever get as far as making noise about suspending the peace treaty and pushing more troops to the border.

Sisi and those same institutions people mention have received the following amounts announced just over the past month:

35 billion USD from the UAE for land usage rights of a plot on the Mediterranean - how the hell is it worth this much, no one knows
8 billion EUR from the EU for upgrading Egypt's diplomatic status to a "strategic partner", mostly in the form of concessional loans
8 billion USD facility increase from the IMF

No one in power in Egypt is about to oppose the US regime.

quote:

https://www.egypttoday.com/Article/3/131255/Egypt-to-receive-2nd-installment-of-financial-dues-for-Ras

CAIRO - 27 March 2024: Egypt will receive the second installment of financial dues for the Ras El Hikma project in the coming weeks, Prime Minister Mustafa Madbouly revealed in a statement issued, Wednesday, by the Cabinet.

I think of course you are correct, Egypt will not be invading. However that's not their only option.

In a few weeks they will have received all of that $35B and the IMF deal will probably stay done. I don't think the EU will be going back on their deal which is tied to reducing migrant flows. If there is no ongoing leverage what's to stop them from not staying bought? There is of course another $100B + in development to go with that UAE deal, but it isn't the only game in town. The times, they are a changing, and even the worms that dwell in a dogs butthole can sense what way the wind is blowing.

quote:

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/growth-chinese-influence-egypt-signs-and-consequences

During ​​Xi Jinping’s visit to Egypt in 2016, 21 more agreements were signed—including an agreement for 15 billion dollars of Chinese investment in various projects. 
From 2017 to 2022, Chinese investment in Egypt increased by 317%. During the same period, U.S. investment in Egypt decreased by 31%
China has become Egypt’s largest trading partner for eight successive years. From 2018 to 2019, Egypt drew in approximately 28.5 billion dollars in Chinese investments

Kopmala
Mar 28, 2024

gently caress Israel

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Sancho Banana posted:

The images says it's a "red cow conference", which includes various talks about red cows and a guided tour in a place where they're being grown. No sacrifices or Al-Aqsa entree are listed but still lol

Religious zionists are such psychos

If you won't believe some goon, will you believe the man ... the myth ... the legend Abu Obeidia?!

quote:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/israel-war-hamas-red-heifers-from-texas-jerusalem-jewish-temple-al-aqsa/

Jerusalem — When Hamas spokesman Abu Ubaida began a speech marking the 100th day of the war in Gaza, one confounding yet eye-opening proclamation escaped the headlines. Listing the motives for the Palestinian militant group's Oct. 7 massacre in Israel, he accused Jews of "bringing red cows" to the Holy Land.

The cows he was talking about are red heifers, which now graze at a secure, undisclosed location in the Israeli-occupied West Bank. Some Jews and Christians believe they're key to rebuilding the Jewish temple that once stood in Jerusalem, and to beckoning the Messiah.

From Texas to the West Bank
Instrumental in bringing the heifers to the Holy Land was Yitshak Mamo, of Uvne Jerusalem, a group committed to seeing a new temple built in Jerusalem's Old City.

"You can check to see if they have any white or black hairs," he told CBS News, explaining that any hair that isn't red would disqualify the cows from fulfilling their prophesied role.
A massive white altar awaits, where they are to be burned on a plot of land overlooking the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem. Mamo said the ceremony must be performed looking directly into where the ancient Second Temple stood, until it was destroyed by the Romans in the year 70.
"It's so important for the Jews to return and rebuild the temple," said New York native Kronfeld, who founded the High on the Har organization to lead the tours. "It's not about taking anything from our Muslim brothers and sisters. It's not about the destruction of Islamic holy sites. It's about preserving this place and being guardians over the house of God for all people."

But she makes no secret about what she wants to happen to the Dome of the Rock.

"I believe it's going to go, 100%. The whole thing is going to go to build a temple," she said, insisting that the shrine and its golden dome should be preserved, but relocated.

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Weka posted:

If you won't believe some goon, will you believe the man ... the myth ... the legend Abu Obeidia?!

Obviously the point of these red cows is to eventually sacrifice one and rebuild the temple and so on, I was just saying the image doesn't list a date or explicit plans to do it soon.

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Kopmala posted:

gently caress Israel

yes. They have ruined Ramadan for me.

it’s a spiritual awakening for my heathen soul. Eid brings me joy when I see the whole community together. now I don’t care anymore.

what good is fasting when my soul would still be dark from knowing all that suffering is going on. I can’t throw money at the problem and if I go there I would get killed by Israel.

I am sadden when I see a video of an old mosque (800+ years old) get turned to dust in a second. and no one gives a flying gently caress. not the UAE, not Egypt, and not even KSA. I worry that al aqsa will no longer be around one day.

gently caress Israel and gently caress zionists. I’m sorry if I broke a rule I just can’t seem to get a therapist with my company’s EAP.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
https://x.com/assalrad/status/1773039432867749927?s=46

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

parenthesis: tbqh I don't recall seeing the communications of the white house to be this bad in my life, like, the many different positions sucking at their function simultaneously

which is drat good for anti-imperialism ofc, victory to Palestine

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Her anti-semitic comment was saying that the US has a powerful Jewish lobby, per the Times of Israel.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/un-palestinian-rights-officials-social-media-history-reveals-antisemitic-comments/

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So whats the significance of the red cow?

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Every time I see his face, it's like looking at a cartoon marvel villain and I start to unconsciously pray for inner peace because my inner demons are rolling cups across the iron bars lol

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Nonsense posted:

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1772953903870451829

Abu-Sittah also called for:

Divestment from arms trade

Replacing IHRA definition of anti-semitism with an alternative that allows free speech

Pressure the university to condemn Israel's assault on Gaza

Urector

Also lmao I love the idea of bringing the red cows to the highlighted sacred circle so the messiah can spawn in and rebuild the temple, like some sort of RPG mission

Chunky Salsa
Aug 31, 2016

"Isn't that right, Zach?"

MadSparkle posted:

Every time I see his face, it's like looking at a cartoon marvel villain and I start to unconsciously pray for inner peace because my inner demons are rolling cups across the iron bars lol

I wish to haunt him with some manner of ghostly cat which, every time he glances in it's direction, hisses out in a disgusted tone "Useless"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol good cat

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

lol Jesus christ

https://twitter.com/orreichert/status/1773216165323538452?t=raG8f9kBJx80x7Bp1kdyTQ&s=19

The biggest, whiniest brats in the world

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Ham posted:

The posts about Egypt invading anything have to be from a different reality. Any troop buildups near the border are minimal and are meant to control a potential exodus into the Sinai by Palestinians, no more and no less.

This is not to say such an exodus wouldn't eventually lead to a conflict with Israel in the near future, but Sisi and the government will only ever get as far as making noise about suspending the peace treaty and pushing more troops to the border.

Sisi and those same institutions people mention have received the following amounts announced just over the past month:

35 billion USD from the UAE for land usage rights of a plot on the Mediterranean - how the hell is it worth this much, no one knows
8 billion EUR from the EU for upgrading Egypt's diplomatic status to a "strategic partner", mostly in the form of concessional loans
8 billion USD facility increase from the IMF

No one in power in Egypt is about to oppose the US regime.

The idea that Egypt moved air defenses & armored forces etc etc & pulled back the counter insurgency troops of the interior ministry should’ve made it obvious who their plans are targeted against. They have multiple FOBS on the border with flattened land (so obviously not refugee camps). Being a Doomer makes you stupid, if Israel attacks rafah then Egypt will declare war, it’s Ramadan so I won’t toxx or bet anything but you guys can mock me until the end of time.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Rubellavator posted:

Can you stop making GBS threads up the thread with tiktok videos/etc because you're throwing a hissy fit over your previous probation? It would be nice if CSPAM mods started actually enforcing rules in this thread....

And yes, obviously I know I'm hypocritical by breaking CSPAM rules with this post. But this thread has somehow been even worse than normal recently...

can you explain what this post means

oh I should've kept reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/ShinMarginalScr/status/1772992097945030909