Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
So Claudia Webbe did not threaten to throw acid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-68670348

quote:

Claudia Webbe: CPS apologises over acid threat inaccuracy in press release

An MP has received an apology after the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) failed to properly update a press release stating she had "made a threat to throw acid".

Claudia Webbe, an independent MP for Leicester East, was convicted of harassing a woman in 2021 and later lost an appeal against the ruling.

The court of appeal however found she had not made a threat to throw acid, as her trial originally heard.

But the CPS did not issue this update.

etc

Snipe:
Since opening its doors July 2002, 107 Dining Room has continued to prosper and have become a well-established popular dining destination on the Wirral. We offer contemporary dining in relaxed surroundings and consider ourselves to be very much a local restaurant looking after people living locally, people working locally and our doors are always open to people visiting Heswall and its surrounding areas.
https://www.107diningroom.co.uk/
*NB I have no affiliation to this restaurant!

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 28, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

So Claudia Webbe did not threaten to throw acid.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-68670348

Snipe:
Since opening its doors July 2002, 107 Dining Room has continued to prosper and have become a well-established popular dining destination on the Wirral. We offer contemporary dining in relaxed surroundings and consider ourselves to be very much a local restaurant looking after people living locally, people working locally and our doors are always open to people visiting Heswall and its surrounding areas.
https://www.107diningroom.co.uk/
*NB I have no affiliation to this restaurant!

The 107 Eggs Royale only has two eggs in it.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

HopperUK posted:

The 107 Eggs Royale only has two eggs in it.

It may only come with two eggs but it also comes with an entire salmon

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Jakabite posted:

It may only come with two eggs but it also comes with an entire salmon

I don't think I want an *entire* salmon. Eyes and everything, ew.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Avocado and Chilli smash, smashed avocado with chilli flakes on toasted sourdough with two poached eggs
and balsamic reduction
£8.95

A twist on avocado toast. How many Avocado & Chilli smashes do I have to forego to buy me a house?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Don't worry Christians. I will take one for the team and eat all of the cheese.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

My experience with wankers in business is it’s like a “you can sleep your way to the middle but not the top”.

The bullies I’ve come across were all (with tiny exceptions) middle management at best. David Brent was a good capture of this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bullying in adulthood just gets renamed "making tough choices" and "legitimate concerns". And you know bullies still get ahead after high school cause they've been running the country the last 14 years

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

keep punching joe posted:

Don't worry Christians. I will take one for the team and eat all of the cheese.

And on the third day, he defecated.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Avocado and Chilli smash, smashed avocado with chilli flakes on toasted sourdough with two poached eggs
and balsamic reduction
£8.95

A twist on avocado toast. How many Avocado & Chilli smashes do I have to forego to buy me a house?

If you got one a day then a deposit for the average house would take 8 years and 8 months.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Argh... my brain has decided that this week it will review every cringeworthy and socially awkward moment i've had over the past twenty years, constantly rewindinding and replaying the "best bits". :psyduck:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Just Another Lurker posted:

Argh... my brain has decided that this week it will review every cringeworthy and socially awkward moment i've had over the past twenty years, constantly rewindinding and replaying the "best bits". :psyduck:

Once you learn to laugh at yourself, your whole life just becomes an amusing FailArmy compilation video.

I really try to embrace this concept, as articulated well here by Alain De Botton, that I am a complete idiot just like everyone else so why worry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tk82hEHNnY

E: vvvv lol yeah pretty much

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Mar 28, 2024

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Failed Imagineer posted:

Once you learn to laugh at yourself, your whole life just becomes an amusing FailArmy compilation video

Post/username combo.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Starbucks posted:

If you got one a day then a deposit for the average house would take 8 years and 8 months.

I enjoyed when someone did a quick bit of working to show that not eating a £10 avocado and toast every day for a year would mean that after a year house prices had increased by more than the amount you’ve saved.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I hate these AI generated fake articles where words seem to be correct but they don't actually mean anything, it’s just a salad mashed together by an algorithm.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I had salmon last night. Just flavoured it with soy sauce after it was cooked. Folx, I think the seasoning that pre-dates the Christian timeline might be on to something.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/mar/28/fresh-crisis-for-thames-water-as-investors-pull-plug-on-500m-of-funding

In the hands of a good government this would be a chance to take over ownership without much resistance and show a state control utility works better.

Under Starmers Labour what will probably happen it's we take it on, fix it up and then sell it back at a massive loss.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Nenonen posted:

I hate these AI generated fake articles where words seem to be correct but they don't actually mean anything, it’s just a salad mashed together by an algorithm.

That’s the Daily Tekegraph lol

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2024/03/27/hot-cross-bun-flavoured-cheese-criticised-by-christians/

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Should put a Nike swoosh on it and watch everyone lose their minds.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Potato potato

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Kieth agrees with Boris.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...f08fad661162d0a

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Those fuckers definitely think this is some really clever political positioning.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Hot-cross bun flavoured cheese (non-Morrisons)

https://www.thefoodmarket.com/products/hot-cross-bun-cheese-by-the-mouse-house-cheese-company-200g

(Couldn't find such a flavour cheese on the Morrison's website but didn't go the full depth on cheese. There's no Morrisons anywhere near me so no idea whether it is real or not.)

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Mar 28, 2024

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Puntification posted:

Those fuckers definitely think this is some really clever political positioning.

He really is just going for shite he thinks will get the punters in - this aimed at the Bring Back Boris mob on twitter.

Btw Daniel Kahnman of Thinking Fast & Slow died yesterday.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Mar 28, 2024

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

To be honest, he has likely lost anyone who would be aghast at (checks notes) giving money that we would have gotten from the EU development fund to places where Tories want votes because it’s something a charlatan like Keith would find appealing.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

He really is just going for shite he thinks will get the punters in - this aimed at the Bring Back Boris mob on twitter.

BUNG A BOB TO BRING BACK BIG BREXIT BORIS

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Btw Daniel Kahnman of Thinking Fast & Slow died yesterday.

drat, kinda afraid to check on the state of LinkedIn rn

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Be not afraid
https://twitter.com/RobDenBleyker/status/1773007628492288431

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Lord forgive me for I'm about to destroy my career opportunities by getting horny on LinkedIn

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Jakabite posted:

I don’t think it’s necessarily the case that people who remain bullies into adulthood prosper. In my experience they tend to make it to lower/middle management and not a lot higher. The majority of adults are not bullies, and on an interpersonal level are decent people, and as you get higher people tend not to want to work with bullies and have the power to stop that from happening. What I suspect is happening is that kids who show aggressive behaviour are often bullies, and aggressive behaviour with the edges rounded off can be very useful in later life - translating into an unwillingness to be trodden on, ability to make your voice heard, confidence speaking in difficult situations, willingness to be forthright about what you want etc.

This is all my personal theorising but I don’t think the study is suggesting people who continue to be bullies into adulthood fare better than those who don’t.

My first thought reading that article is just how much many modern careers involve just straight up bullshitting about your abilities and competence. Modesty is decidedly not a useful quality.

Beyond that yeah, most kids who were little shits grow into normal-ish adults, forgetting what it was like to be a scholar terror even if the thing they did to the other kids remains with that kid for life. Thats one of the funny things about doing evil poo poo, as much as people like to think it leads to dramatic consequences most of the time it's very much a 'for me it was just Tuesday' thing.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Any other leader

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1773296971115004331?t=YXKALgX-nOvZ4dR45oi5Kg&s=19

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lord forgive me for I'm about to destroy my career opportunities by getting horny on LinkedIn
Sliding into Nadine Dorries messages to let her know that I can design a 9kV current limited supply for her neon signs.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Due to points going to Tories / Reform I can see this meaning he continues further to arguably be about as right wing as Cameron’s gov.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Someone , or perhaps several people, had expert advice on how to fill in the gigantic PIP form for best results did they not? I’ve just received mine and would be keen for top tips

Lobster Henry
Jul 10, 2012

studious as a butterfly in a parking lot
Finally, a sequel policy to Eat Out to Help Out:

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

smellmycheese posted:

Someone , or perhaps several people, had expert advice on how to fill in the gigantic PIP form for best results did they not?

I recommend signing up here (Benefitsandwork) and downloading their guide. There's a fee to register but it's been worth it for me.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

*Michael Gove likes this

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

massive spider posted:

My first thought reading that article is just how much many modern careers involve just straight up bullshitting about your abilities and competence. Modesty is decidedly not a useful quality.

Beyond that yeah, most kids who were little shits grow into normal-ish adults, forgetting what it was like to be a scholar terror even if the thing they did to the other kids remains with that kid for life. Thats one of the funny things about doing evil poo poo, as much as people like to think it leads to dramatic consequences most of the time it's very much a 'for me it was just Tuesday' thing.

There's a decent thriller called 'The Gift' where a guy who was clearly a vicious bully as a child, and has remained kind of a controlling dickhead in adult life, discovers the limits of that kind of behaviour. Jason Bateman playing a bit against type, showing if you push natural charm a bit too far it becomes superficial and unsettling. I liked it quite a lot though I'm not a huge fan of the ending.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
It was a great, kinda overlooked movie. Edgerton was great on both sides of the camera

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

But actually it's serious:

https://act.oceana.org/page/145957/data/1

Bottom trawling is akin to bulldozing and can destroy wildlife habitats and communities in minutes, yet this incredibly destructive fishing is allowed in almost all our marine ‘protected’ areas (MPAs).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

But actually it's serious:

https://act.oceana.org/page/145957/data/1

Bottom trawling is akin to bulldozing and can destroy wildlife habitats and communities in minutes, yet this incredibly destructive fishing is allowed in almost all our marine ‘protected’ areas (MPAs).

I like that lil fish