Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Hot air balloons

Oh yeah! Hahaha! That!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Ah, memories of going to balloon fiesta with my junior high friend (a fellow Goon). We're still friends to this day and it's been very cool seeing him. He's literally the oldest friend I have. We watched weird cable access shows. This bizarre Albuquerque produced cable access show called "Edna Smokes".

Lol. Junior high sucked poo poo. I'm glad I have at least that friend I know I can still depend on.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Arizona had the best loving Mexican food I've ever had.

yeah I was a little spoiled growing up there

I miss the mexican food from arizona and the barbeque from texas and almost nothing else from either lol

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Boobs

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

TIP posted:

yeah I was a little spoiled growing up there

I miss the mexican food from arizona and the barbeque from texas and almost nothing else from either lol

The hiking around Tucson was pretty gorgeous in some spots. That was cool to see. I hadn't really seen that side.

Tucson felt pretty spread out. It definitely feels WAY different from Northern or southern New Mexico. The cacti there are HUGE!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

But people are asking me if I could move back. And... I'm not saying I could never move back to Santa Fe EVER!, it'd have to be a pretty major reason to get me to do it.

I like living in the city.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Escape From Noise posted:

Ah, memories of going to balloon fiesta with my junior high friend (a fellow Goon). We're still friends to this day and it's been very cool seeing him. He's literally the oldest friend I have. We watched weird cable access shows. This bizarre Albuquerque produced cable access show called "Edna Smokes".

Lol. Junior high sucked poo poo. I'm glad I have at least that friend I know I can still depend on.

That's honestly really cool that you have a friend from that long ago. I wish I did

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

DorkusMalorkus posted:

That's honestly really cool that you have a friend from that long ago. I wish I did

I definitely feel very lucky to have him as a friend. I'm also friends with a friend I made later in middle school. We did Zimbabwean marimba together. I still remember they met at my birthday party. They were pretty much my only two friends. I didn't go to school with him. But they really hit it off. They kept laughing about a takeout menu for a sandwich shop in Santa Fe (at the time we lived in the suburb of El Dorado). I kept going to these small private schools because of my great grandfather, basically. I was sort of scared to go to a big public school here. They had a pretty bad reputation. I was just terrified of being bullied. Turns out that's a problem at any school for a skinny dweeb like me. But those guys were my only friends then. Those friendships meant everything to me. They still mean so much. I love those guys. Life still sucks a whole lot, but I'm so glad to be done with middle school and highschool.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 28, 2024

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Some weird band with Trevor Dunn, the drummer for Björk, and this other guy from a band I don't know are playing Osaka like a few days after I get back. I think I'm going to try really hard to go. It's also at Namba Bears, which is probably my favorite venue in Osaka. I have a TON of memories tied to that little basement venue. I hate that I now always miss Noise Mayday, because of a major beer event that same weekend. Seeing Masonna a few times was fuckin awesome as hell. I'm beginning to doubt I'll ever see Merzbow.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Okay. But, for real. WTF?

Visions of Valerie
Jun 18, 2023

Come this autumn, we'll be miles away...

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

They should make naloxone but for sadness

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Okay. But, for real. WTF?

i used to call my fat cat gordita

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

tractor man posted:

i used to call my fat cat gordita

Lol. Hell yeah.

Gorditas own.

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Lol. Hell yeah.

Gorditas own.

what does your username mean? i bought some synth stuff from an etsy store named the same thing

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

tractor man posted:

what does your username mean? i bought some synth stuff from an etsy store named the same thing

It's from this weird old tape mixing/sound collage album. They're a favorite band of mine.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I put half a hot chicken strip into some mac and cheese and it was pretty loving good

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

https://twitter.com/GalaxyZeinz/status/1773077378379469222

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

It's from this weird old tape mixing/sound collage album. They're a favorite band of mine.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

If you have never seen the Scott Steiner (Big Poppa Pump, Big Bad Booty Daddy, Freakzilla, etc.) workout video, do yourself a favor. It is one of the most unhinged things I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUAiDoV-1RA

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

this might be the breakthrough we've been waiting on, can anyone confirm?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Arizona had the best loving Mexican food I've ever had.

Big same, was amazing in the south of the state and even better when I went up into the mountains. And the scenery at the higher elevation is incredible.

Scottsdale can suck a dick tho

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

PainterofCrap posted:

Will Naloxone kill the high I get from eating Jake & Amos pickled beets?

I'm afraid Jake & Amos is far too powerful for naloxone to have any effect

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Ruby Gloom posted:

this might be the breakthrough we've been waiting on, can anyone confirm?

I can confirm

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

TIP posted:

I put half a hot chicken strip into some mac and cheese and it was pretty loving good

:hai:

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

If you have never seen the Scott Steiner (Big Poppa Pump, Big Bad Booty Daddy, Freakzilla, etc.) workout video, do yourself a favor. It is one of the most unhinged things I've ever seen.

Lol holy poo poo wtf
*looks up Scott Steiner*

"Scott Rechsteiner (born July 29, 1962), better known by the ring name Scott Steiner, is an American professional wrestler"

Story checks out

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Aw, still and adorable deer. You eat whatever you want sweetie :)

I'm guessing this is how Ruby and Jimbone see us as pickle eaters

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol the struggle of TIP trying to eat his spicy chicken....

C'mon Tipster!

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Also I think we're mostly famous for being the setting of Breaking Bad. After that I guess probably being the birthplace of the first atom bombs, and the place of the first nuclear weapons tests, then I guess the Weird Al song Albuquerque, then after that I guess the whole Roswell incident, after that probably "I knew I shouldn't have taken that left turn at Albuquerque!" being said by Bug's Bunny, then maybe uh The Santa Fe Railway (which never managed the promised line to the city until way later due to a huge hill). Then maybe for being the hometown of the hardcore band Logical Nonsense. Or the birthplace of American Spirits tobacco?

The Isotopes!

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

redshirt posted:

The Isotopes!

Oh yeah. That Simpson's episode.

Also the Simpsons episode where Homer is looking at a map of the US and says "Oooh! There's a NEW Mexico!".

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Oh yeah. That Simpson's episode.

Also the Simpsons episode where Homer is looking at a map of the US and says "Oooh! There's a NEW Mexico!".

I lived there for 9 months. That'll put NM on the map.... one day. :)

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Did you have to move because of shoveling withdrawal?

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
lookin at a map i still can't get over how tucson is spelt when it's pronounced tooson

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Is it a silent c or a silent s with a soft c

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

it's pronounced too-sawn

edit: wait this has already been covered I don't know how to make it any more clear though

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Booty Pageant posted:

lookin at a map i still can't get over how tucson is spelt when it's pronounced tooson

Toosōn

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Did you have to move because of shoveling withdrawal?

They got good digging dirt out there.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

I'd like to dig some good digging dirt.

All the dirt I've ever dug has been so loving full of rocks it can hardly be called dirt.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TIP posted:

it's pronounced too-sawn

edit: wait this has already been covered I don't know how to make it any more clear though

Interpretative dance

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Is Tuscon sister cities with Busan, because if not what a waste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

ghostbusters in 2 hours :toot: