Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Uncle Wemus posted:

At a glance it sounds nerdy and numbers so I can't bring myself to care

:same: just curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
a trend of people calling out others for inflated property assessments can only be a good thing imo. pressure property horders, sure. mr wonderful was making GBS threads his pants on tv about it.

Automata 10 Pack has issued a correction as of 06:48 on Mar 28, 2024

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Eh. What Trump was doing was way, way more flagrant and on a larger scale, but you still kind of look like a jerk when you go on a self righteous rant about tax fraud when you yourself are also playing the system to your own benefit, which is what Stewart did. People are gonna roll their eyes if you're complaining about corporations polluting the environment while you're publicly littering.

It is nice that they're both yelling at each other about this though.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Making shady real estate deals is just the privilege of wealth and has nothing to do with politics. Find a new slant, chud

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

POV: im gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A week for homoing. drat right

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

Telluric Whistler posted:

Making shady real estate deals is just the privilege of wealth and has nothing to do with politics. Find a new slant, chud

But seriously, there's a reason that NY Governor Hochul had to come out and publicly say that they weren't going to prosecute anyone else for gaming property values like they did Trump. Because everyone who can afford a CPA is under/over valuing their assets for tax/loan/insurance purposes as it suits them at all times.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Durn it

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

the bank involved in trump's allegedly fraudulent loans that were paid back declined to join new york's civil lawsuit against trump, leaving the state with no specific trial victims besides general malaise

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://apnews.com/article/trump-fraud-business-law-courts-banks-lending-punishment-2ee9e509a28c24d0cda92da2f9a9b689
NEW YORK (AP) — Within days, Donald Trump could potentially have his sprawling real estate business empire ordered “dissolved” for repeated misrepresentations on financial statements to lenders, adding him to a short list of scam marketers, con artists and others who have been hit with the ultimate punishment for violating New York’s powerful anti-fraud law.

An Associated Press analysis of nearly 70 years of civil cases under the law showed that such a penalty has only been imposed a dozen previous times, and Trump’s case stands apart in a significant way: It’s the only big business found that was threatened with a shutdown without a showing of obvious victims and major losses.

And though the bank offered Trump lower interest rates because he had agreed to personally guarantee the loans with his own money, it’s not clear how much better the rates were because of the inflated figures. The bank never complained, and it’s unclear how much it lost, if anything. Bank officials called to testify couldn’t say for sure if Trump’s personal statement of worth had any impact on the rates.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

SgtMongoose posted:

But seriously, there's a reason that NY Governor Hochul had to come out and publicly say that they weren't going to prosecute anyone else for gaming property values like they did Trump. Because everyone who can afford a CPA is under/over valuing their assets for tax/loan/insurance purposes as it suits them at all times.

Well it's good to know that Trump is an extremely special case that is unlike any other that has or will be. I cannot in any way think of implications to this, mostly because I cannot imagine two things being related to each other.

Lin-Manuel Turtle
Jul 12, 2023

[WASHINGTON]
Why’re you upset?

[HAMILTON]
I’m not—

[WASHINGTON]
It’s alright, you want to fight, you’ve got a hunger
I was just like you when I was younger
Head full of fantasies of dyin’ like a martyr?

[HAMILTON]
Yes

[WASHINGTON]
Dying is easy, young man. Living is harder

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

trump did the worst crime of all: lying to a bank

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

https://apnews.com/article/trump-fraud-business-law-courts-banks-lending-punishment-2ee9e509a28c24d0cda92da2f9a9b689
NEW YORK (AP) — Within days, Donald Trump could potentially have his sprawling real estate business empire ordered “dissolved” for repeated misrepresentations on financial statements to lenders, adding him to a short list of scam marketers, con artists and others who have been hit with the ultimate punishment for violating New York’s powerful anti-fraud law.

An Associated Press analysis of nearly 70 years of civil cases under the law showed that such a penalty has only been imposed a dozen previous times, and Trump’s case stands apart in a significant way: It’s the only big business found that was threatened with a shutdown without a showing of obvious victims and major losses.

And though the bank offered Trump lower interest rates because he had agreed to personally guarantee the loans with his own money, it’s not clear how much better the rates were because of the inflated figures. The bank never complained, and it’s unclear how much it lost, if anything. Bank officials called to testify couldn’t say for sure if Trump’s personal statement of worth had any impact on the rates.

Its such a transparently political attack. Rich dipshits get away with worse all the time, the only reason the machinery of the state got called into action this time was because Trump made political enemies

The thing is its so blatantly political I don't think its going to cost Trump any support like the libs hope, and will probably rally his people to save democracy from authoritarians

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/BriannaWu/status/1772937958594629950?t=MZp9gQCBDHQaYhQUTakttA&s=19

Wtf is this

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

looks like some ai poo poo

https://twitter.com/AnimatedSbd/status/1428036871674683396

here's a thread for you i'm not venturing past the first post

Rubellavator has issued a correction as of 11:33 on Mar 28, 2024

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Brianna Wu is an immensely stupid person

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
twitter embeds should be turned off on the forums because the only people left on that site are absolute retards not worth even glancing at

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

bond dogs, what are we even doing here

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

twitter embeds should be turned off on the forums because the only people left on that site are absolute retards not worth even glancing at

turn on your monitor

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

but then I would have to glance at me, defeating the purpose

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Nix Panicus posted:

Brianna Wu is an immensely stupid person

she’s like Elon on the other end of the horseshoe

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Lmao what a bizarre loving arc she's taken

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Mr Trump, sir, please lock Briana Wu up in a blacksite forever

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Drake No - Wu as a bond dog
Drake Yes - Wu as a Diamond Dog

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

my bony fealty posted:

Mr Trump, sir, please lock Briana Wu up in a blacksite forever

2016: Lock her up

2024: Playtime is over

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

She's probably said the word "cult" to describe the left a million times but she absolutely 100% strikes me as somebody who'd be in a cult if her personal circumstances were just a little worse

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/adamcancryn/status/1773321390529065319?s=20

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

That article is so bitchmade. The Germans seem to have a sincere love for Chinese culture and are putting the work in and he's just being a saurpuss.

It really is. Glad Vice is dead. Is it dead?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

he was on coke, mtv in the early 90s i bet he did some of that other stuff

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

is this some sort of pro genocide club

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Dear leftists: you say war ftl but have you considered that war ftw? Let's discuss for eleven thousand paragraphs.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Al! posted:

he was on coke, mtv in the early 90s i bet he did some of that other stuff

he grabbed Colbert by the bussy

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Rubellavator posted:

looks like some ai poo poo

https://twitter.com/AnimatedSbd/status/1428036871674683396

here's a thread for you i'm not venturing past the first post

Wait, is this the weird freak that keeps screaming that Will Menaker isn't a real jew?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

[looking at nafo] we can make our crew more cringeworthy, more pathetic, more obviously evil

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

loquacius posted:

She's probably said the word "cult" to describe the left a million times but she absolutely 100% strikes me as somebody who'd be in a cult if her personal circumstances were just a little worse

the school bond dogs are in fact a cult

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

joepinetree posted:

A pretty significant amount of "cultural appropriation" discourse in the US is essentially US born descendants of a certain region trying to claim the role of gatekeepers to ensure the success of their own career/business. And that much is obvious because "imperialism" or "neocolonialism" never appears as an axis of domination. There is never a question of "why is this American born/American based person the voice to turn to?"

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Well, here's hoping declining material conditions and the erasure in trust in liberalism and the social welfare state that took over the Church's' role in the centre of community life allows for something cool instead of having a fanatical anticommunist Pole in charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

i am not a tax knower, but i think selling at a higher than assessed rate has you paying more in taxes anyway since the difference is capital gains or something, which is usually higher than the property tax rate