Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
I was excited to move into our house because it had gas but this stove is a major letdown. The heat spreads to the outside so much there's a cold spot in the middle of the pan and the handles get extremely hot, and there isn't enough power. I'm sure it would be great if we got a better gas range but when we upgrade we'll probably get induction. Cooking with magnets sounds cool and I like the idea of the top staying cool and the handles of the pans not burning me. All our pans seem compatible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Rolling coal on my in-laws at Easter brunch

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Lemme start a multi page rant about something I’ve never even tried.

ColdPie posted:

It's OK to recognize some policies have downsides as well as upsides.

Fishmasher
Apr 22, 2002
please accept the goons with spoons under our big tent lest the fascists try to recruit them

also maybe the people who know the difference in ovens will cook for me some day

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Deptfordx posted:

Also I'm struggling to grasp why people think that two people of the same height and weight but with radically different body composition having radically different body shapes is a controversial point?

I wager people are just joshin ya because lol if anyone takes the "this is what 6'3" 215 looks like" football player photo comparisons seriously, you can have those same measurements and look like dad bod man, I'm pretty sure we all get it

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
look at all you woke stove havers, I only eat food cooked by the barrel of a gun!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

When you're stuck renting forever because all the boomers are squatting on the good houses in your area and when people move out they flip them for many hundreds of thousands more than the previous owners paid for it you have no choice in stoves and you make due because holy gently caress, my own stove!!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
ill show ya some gas, joe brandon supporters *spreads rear end in a top hat*

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Regardless of how you're cooking at home the main thing is to be cooking at home. Eat better for less money and have a sense of pride when you're finished.

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What’s your favorite anime?

Polar Bear Cafe

Lamech posted:

look at all you woke stove havers, I only eat food cooked by the barrel of a gun!

bemusedchunk fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Mar 28, 2024

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Lamech posted:

I only eat food cooked by Masaokis.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Induction has the fastest time response and I’m the worlds biggest klutz and haven’t hurt my glass top in 7 years of daily use.

ohmygosh you could scratch it…

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

weg posted:

Regardless of how you're cooking at home the main thing is to be cooking at home. Eat better for less money and have a sense of pride when you're finished.

Not the way I do it *gestures to dozens of Oreos littering the ground*

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Can we go back to talking about how fabulously rich trump is, with real money that exists

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

You need a gas stove to cook the same way you need monster cables to listen to a record.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Can we go back to talking about how fabulously rich trump is, with real money that exists

He should start dressing like the monopoly man

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
can you imagine if a neighbor saw that you had a scratch on your cooktop that would be mortifying

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i just use a cast iron air fryer

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Data Graham posted:

Or like, electric burners can only either be fully on or fully off, so they operate on a PWM cycle where they're ON FOR 1 MINUTE and then off for 30 seconds, then ON FOR ONE MINUTE and then off for 30 seconds, so your pan keeps heating up and cooling off and you can't maintain a consistent temperature, nor can you accurately gauge what the average temp you'll get from setting it to, say, 6 will be

Whereas with gas you can set it to any level and it will just ... be at that level. You can directly see the flames as you adjust them.

Anyway glad to hear I'm just regurgitating drunkle Fox News talking points and this won't bite anyone by antagonizing people who just like to cook

As a guy who put in a 6 burner commercial gas range and hood, and had been loathing electric since I sold that house, I am here to tell you an induction glass top is better. Better at temperature control, better at boiling a pot of water, better at being instantly off, with even less heat retention.

The glass cooktop hardly gets hot (unlike quartz glass electric) and is the easiest to perfectly clean range I have owned.

I do miss the gas oven for some types of baking (moister air due to combustion side products), and well my big cast iron wok was better with flames running up the sides, but the induction is still surprisingly good with all my old cast and steel stuff.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

WHY BONER NOW posted:

This is a truthful thread devoid of lies!

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

How could anyone satisfy their burdensome daily quotas of gossamer-thin crêpes and tempered chocolate if not for the painstakingly calibrated tick-tick-fwoosh of the Dancing Blue Mistress *collapses onto settee*

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Blitter posted:

As a guy who put in a 6 burner commercial gas range and hood, and had been loathing electric since I sold that house, I am here to tell you an induction glass top is better. Better at temperature control, better at boiling a pot of water, better at being instantly off, with even less heat retention.

The glass cooktop hardly gets hot (unlike quartz glass electric) and is the easiest to perfectly clean range I have owned.

I do miss the gas oven for some types of baking (moister air due to combustion side products), and well my big cast iron wok was better with flames running up the sides, but the induction is still surprisingly good with all my old cast and steel stuff.

I did get to use induction on a family get-together last summer, it was cool

The pans all weighed about 90 lbs though

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

explosivo posted:

When you're stuck renting forever because all the boomers are squatting on the good houses in your area and when people move out they flip them for many hundreds of thousands more than the previous owners paid for it you have no choice in stoves and you make due because holy gently caress, my own stove!!

Yeah, it's this.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
Trump cooks with gas.

Trump is a crook with gas.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
whatever method gets my steak well done

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

CPA Hell posted:

White Water”gate” gave the 90s chuds an easy mnemonic device and also smacked of the “we got in trouble so NOW IT’S THEIR TURN” petty reciprocity they love to lap up on right wing media. Everything since then has just been the typical unoriginal uncreative shibboleths that have lost all of their original meaning that chuds recite.

A real loving pet peeve for me.

The good news is we can celebrate Earth Wind & Fire Gate every 21st of September!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Blitter posted:

Yeah, installed a high-spec induction range when we renovated and it's sick, way better than gas.

The first time you see a big pan of water brought to the boil in like 30s is very satisfying. Temp control is better, you can use the non-active surface for plating or mise-en-place, it's so easy to clean, no chance of exploding your house or setting your kids on fire, no inhaling combustion products, more eco-friendly.

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021

weg posted:

Trump cooks with gas.

Trump is a crook with gas.

WHATS THAT BEHIND HIM?!

edit: i'm really trying to find this episode of Martha where he helps "cook" a meatloaf.

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

WHY BONER NOW posted:

sorry, but I think talking about trump in here would set a dangerous and ugly precedent

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

bemusedchunk posted:

WHATS THAT BEHIND HIM?!

edit: i'm really trying to find this episode of Martha where he helps "cook" a meatloaf.

haha one of these people went to prison

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

i dont want gas because i cant smell and what if theres a leak. i could die

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Are those uh

are those bread sandwiches

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021

Lamech posted:

haha one of these people went to prison

hint: it's not who you think!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Data Graham posted:

Are those uh

are those bread sandwiches

Judging by the meaty look of the meat I assume it's meatloaf

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Can't beat using meat for that meaty meatloaf look

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Those are some thick rear end sandwiches.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Meatloaf is technically a type of bread

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I have an electric stove top and make some pretty tasty food on it that tastes identical to the same food I've cooked on gas stove tops in the past so I'm pretty sure you're all crazy.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Those are some dry rear end sandwiches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji
He’s been Calvinballing throughout this entire fiasco, throwing out as many kindergarten loophole logics as he can hoping one gains traction.

Wasn’t he truth socializing about “candidates running for office should not be charged during election time”, or something to that effect? Could’ve sworn that got posted ITT. He’s desperate, for anything, or anyone, to DO SOMETHING.

Edit: whoop, replying to something from pages ago.