Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

cr0y posted:

E: goddamnit double post

Oh poo poo better buy while the getting’s good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Philthy posted:

wasnt expecting the gas stove grinches to all pop up in the thread. i didnt think anyone actually used electric stoves anymore

electric is the norm in 45 states

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Monica Bellucci posted:

Neither does he apparently.

Are you criticizing the black mayor of Baltimore for not saying the n word?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

gonna vote for trump because these demoncrats keep trying to cancel me for having a gas stove

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeSpawwWT2A

Georgia criminal case is having a hearing right now if anyone wants to watch. It's argument on the motion to dismiss based upon free speech.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

emSparkly posted:

Oh poo poo better buy while the getting’s good.

The number of people who are going to gently caress themselves out of their savings over this stock is simultaneously unfunny and hilarious. It’s gonna ruin so many families but at the same time, lol buying trupm stocks. Literally joining in with the king of bad business decisions and bankruptcy.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Are you criticizing the black mayor of Baltimore for not saying the n word?

No I am pointing it out.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
Huge difference between trades on DJT, bottom is falling out quick, people are starting to panic.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BigHead posted:

Georgia criminal case is having a hearing right now if anyone wants to watch. It's argument on the motion to dismiss based upon free speech.

If you tell people to commit crimes, it's protected by the first amendment. One weird trick prosecutors hate!

Three Olives posted:

Huge difference between trades on DJT, bottom is falling out quick, people are starting to panic.

Don't get our hopes up.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Three Olives posted:

DIAMOND TINY HANDS

And yea it's starting to look a bit shaky :rms:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This is very unfair, DJT has the best bottom

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

This thread sucks when TRUMP is having a good week. :sad:

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

steinrokkan posted:

This is very unfair, DJT has the best bottom

makes the rockin world go round?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It's going to completely tank in a week.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

funeral home DJ posted:

Who was the poster that said earlier in the thread that the best way to gently caress with the new RTNC would be to pull the ‘ol Drop Tables on their voter outreach databases? Whoever you were, you fuckin’ called it.

I hope the former RNC techie demands an absurd ransom for the passwords back to that database.
I missed this poo poo in night crews stove madness, repost?

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

MEIN RAVEN posted:

It is incredible that America once made immeasurable sacrifices for the greater good (world war 2) and now we can’t even fathom having to give up anything, literally anything to slow the destruction of this planet.

Like gas stoves aside, we have no grip on what we’ll end up having to give up when poo poo truly goes sideways. And as far as I can tell, republicans will make hay all the way to the bitter end simply because Americans have convinced themselves that they deserve and need literally every convenience they want. And you know what? Pretty much the rest of the world has decided that too.

Good examples of the larger political and societal problems. Also of how the reality is blurred by time.

With World War 2 from Pearl Harbor on there was a small percentage of people that thought Rosevelt let it happen to give us an excuse to get more involved. And even the average person seemed to be getting tired of buying war bonds and rationing by 3 years in.

Because of the “decline of authority” and related right wing propaganda if that happened today the results would be very different. If republicans were in charge, trump, fox, Alex Jones, etc would almost immediately start spreading some kind of story about how the democrats colluded with Japan through both intention and idiocy to enable the attack to make the Rs look bad. If democrats were in charge it would be characterized by Rs as a sort of conspiracy or false flag used by Ds to consolidate power/control and generate hostility to the axis powers (who they would argue were actually good in a lot of ways and were actually working against international globalist conspiracies).

This would give like 15 - 50% of Americans an excuse to not engage with the uncomfortable “paradox of altruism” and continue on as normal.

Didn’t Europeans have about another 10 years of sacrifice and rationing because of the Marshall plan? In the US we pretty much ignore this part of European history.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

The funniest outcome is every single investor losing money, and that of course would mean Donald Trump walking away with billions.

Similar to the Jan. 6ers sitting in jail while Trump will definitely be found not guilty.

I think of Trump like a djinn or a primal avatar of greed who came to earth to bait people into selling their souls.

Ah, so like a Christ-like figure...but in....reverse?

I'm not at all religious, but whoo boy the apt comparisons to a false prophet never cease to amuse me

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cr0y posted:

E: goddamnit double post

BUY THE DIP

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

BigHead posted:

Weren't they trying to argue that him initiating the J6 riots was "part of his official duties while in office" so he's protected?

Like, LOL.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Hollismason posted:

It's going to completely tank in a week.

So what you're saying is...now's the time to buy??

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I can only hope that Joe Lieberman tripped over the notorious assault weapon, the Super Scope, when he died.

And I have an electric stove at home. I also have electric heating, an electric car and solar panels, so I have no idea what the gently caress a carbon tax is.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

funeral home DJ posted:

Who was the poster that said earlier in the thread that the best way to gently caress with the new RTNC would be to pull the ‘ol Drop Tables on their voter outreach databases? Whoever you were, you fuckin’ called it.

I hope the former RNC techie demands an absurd ransom for the passwords back to that database.

Wait what now

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
People are no joke going to lose their life savings on Trump stock.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

i'd post the link, but it doesn't really expand on this at all

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Nessus posted:

I missed this poo poo in night crews stove madness, repost?

It’s Axios, I know, but if this turns out to be true it’s lol as all hell.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Hollismason posted:

Stop stop I can only get so hard

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

It's not like the stock would ever survive the mandatory reporting period for a major shareholder even if he was released today.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

cr0y posted:

Wait what now

Goon misread
https://www.axios.com/2024/03/28/rnc-struggles-swing-states-biden

quote:

One RNC staffer on the payroll through the end of this month was kicked out of their office by a Trump campaign aide, who also locked the staffer out of the data server the RNC has used to assist local campaigns.

RNC guy was locked out by Trumper, not the other way around

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I swear I'm not a callous human, but at some point there are only so many end points to a cult like this, and if a person hasn't been convinced by now that following the cult is a bad idea, well....guess I might as well grab the popcorn

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Three Olives posted:

*yawn* wake me when it falls below the initial price of $49/share. That’s when it will collapse all at once.

For those wondering, it’s around $63 right now.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hollismason posted:

Hell yeah.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

kazil posted:

Goon misread
https://www.axios.com/2024/03/28/rnc-struggles-swing-states-biden

RNC guy was locked out by Trumper, not the other way around

Whoops, yeah that was a misread. I had thought they locked themselves out of it by dismissing the employee.

Not as lol. :smith:

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

funeral home DJ posted:

Scags McDouglas posted:

Yeah I thought of the most effective thing to do as a double agent employed by the RNC and I'm still thinking it would be taking a DBA job and running scripts in Prod, QA and Dev, but mostly prod that wipe their voter outreach list clean to the wind.

I'd love to be confronted with that. Well gee whiz Jim, you sound pretty mad about that stored proc I wrote. Is now a bad time to talk about a comp increase????

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

MEIN RAVEN posted:

Nonsense, they have yet to appeal to Trump to solve it and he can't sell his shares for 6 months.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

DemihumanResources posted:

here, I believe this should settle the matter

:five:

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021

Hollismason posted:

People have no joke lost their life savings on Goya.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol Trump is such a good boss. Habba loses all her cases for him, still gets lavish birthday party
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1773306679464951860

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

nobodygetshurt posted:

i'd post the link, but it doesn't really expand on this at all

The "Worst Person You Know Just Made a Great Point" guy finally grew up and left the party

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kazil posted:

lol Trump is such a good boss. Habba loses all her cases for him, still gets lavish birthday party
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1773306679464951860

So she's absolutely his new Hope Hicks isn't she?

Holy poo poo he's such an obvious lech