Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

roffles posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1773311351248621593?s=46&t=VqGDTpMBvtmBLtOHIUgZdw

I’m honestly struggling to think of any big game that’s racist against white guys wtf are they are on about

Racism against white male gamerz is acknowledging other groups of people exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Being Racist against white guys means (I think ) recognizing that non white guys are equally human

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Azhais posted:

Wolfenstein

That's just good sense.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Azhais posted:

Wolfenstein

Sniper Elite too

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
I remember when Starfield came out a bunch of people kept talking about how anti white it is and how there were no white people in the game and then you play it and like half of the people in the little adventurers club you join are white, including the leader and the wealthy mogul funding the whole thing.

Anyway it was a lovely game but that was still bullshit.

roffles
Dec 25, 2004
oh so it’s the usual “equality feels like oppression” stuff I thought maybe Diablo 4 had a new dungeon with white demons or something to trigger Elon

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

roffles posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1773311351248621593?s=46&t=VqGDTpMBvtmBLtOHIUgZdw

I’m honestly struggling to think of any big game that’s racist against white guys wtf are they are on about

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
If my favorite video game main character isn't a strong beefy white dude then it's racist and I don't wanna play it

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
There’s some company called Sweet Baby, inc that does diversity consulting for some big companies. Their CEO said some stuff that compared gamers to fussy babies that want to be spoon fed the same thing over and over but need to be made to eat something new. Also something about how employees should talk to their marketing dept and “terrify” them about what happens if they don’t do the diversity consulting. Some other employee also made a bunch of deleted tweets basically calling cis white people gross a couple years ago that got dredged up. This got kicked off when someone made a steam group called sweet baby detected for people to avoid their games that one of the sweet baby employees tried to get shut down via rallying mass reporting on twitter, but valve wound up putting back up.

They basically sound like a bunch of shitheads, but they also make an easily hateable face for a bunch of anti-woke/alt-right grifters to rant about when they go on their spiels so it’s getting boosted. Like, they would have you believe this company is part of some global WEF forced diversity conspiracy to destroy gaming and their examples are the suicide squad game bombing (it was live service cash grab poo poo) and starfield (it came out half-finished and it isn’t even confirmed that this company even worked on it).

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

SBF got 25 years today

roffles
Dec 25, 2004

yook posted:

There’s some company called Sweet Baby, inc that does diversity consulting for some big companies. Their CEO said some stuff that compared gamers to fussy babies that want to be spoon fed the same thing over and over but need to be made to eat something new. Also something about how employees should talk to their marketing dept and “terrify” them about what happens if they don’t do the diversity consulting. Some other employee also made a bunch of deleted tweets basically calling cis white people gross a couple years ago that got dredged up. This got kicked off when someone made a steam group called sweet baby detected for people to avoid their games that one of the sweet baby employees tried to get shut down via rallying mass reporting on twitter, but valve wound up putting back up.

They basically sound like a bunch of shitheads, but they also make an easily hateable face for a bunch of anti-woke/alt-right grifters to rant about when they go on their spiels so it’s getting boosted. Like, they would have you believe this company is part of some global WEF forced diversity conspiracy to destroy gaming and their examples are the suicide squad game bombing (it was live service cash grab poo poo) and starfield (it came out half-finished and it isn’t even confirmed that this company even worked on it).

Thanks. I looked up some of their work and BLACK NORSE GODS? no wonder ragnarok and spiderman2 flopped

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yook posted:

yeah. like some of their stuff sounds like they are kinda pricks who probably say dumb poo poo and are probably pompous dickhead even if well meaning ones. but lol if you blame them for like AAA gaming having a ton of loving issues and poo poo. i liked suicide squad but also lol its not worth 80 loving dollars. i also didnt care for spider-man 2 but it wasnt because of "evil woke"

The issue with AAA games to me is bloat mixed with GASS bullshit and chasing trends.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 28, 2024

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

hm I wonder who these rules are

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

shyduck posted:

SBF got 25 years today

But with no investigation.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

SilverSupernova posted:

But with no investigation.

Don't need to investigate when he just confesses it all.

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

White male gamers, one of the most oppressed groups in the world, ty for your service Elon

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Zero new investigations by the end of April

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Cassette Moodcore posted:

White male gamers, one of the most oppressed groups in the world, ty for your service Elon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-09gNDsPzQ

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Imagine being so Nazi-pilled that you don't realize that generationally wealthy white men ARE the rulers of America and Europe and are still trying to blame everything on the Jews :rolleyes:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its this apperently.

This is what set them off?? Jesus it's even placating white dudes and they still lose their poo poo? Talk about baby soft whiny bitch assholes. God drat. Anyone who gets mad about this is just pathetic.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

priznat posted:

This is what set them off?? Jesus it's even placating white dudes and they still lose their poo poo? Talk about baby soft whiny bitch assholes. God drat. Anyone who gets mad about this is just pathetic.

These are the same types that get angry about a character having their chest size reduced from 90s polyogonal cybertruck to a realistic proportion in order to better fit the art style of a game so

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

priznat posted:

they're the dumbest, angriest, most fragile people on earth. hth

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

roffles posted:

btw, love that this is Elon quote tweeting Ashely St. Clair who is quote tweeting The Quartering who is posting a screenshot of this woman's tweet. Because replies are functionally useless on the site.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

gay picnic defence posted:

Didn’t they provide a heap of the debt financing? If so they’ll probably be able to take over if it ends up being bankrupted.

the saudis rolled over their ~$1.9 billion of stock ownership in pre-musk twitter into musk-twitter, they didn't invest anything new

the vast majority came from US investment banks

(the saudis may have kept their money invested as a way to exert leverage / collect info, or they may just have been under the same delusion that musk wasn't a complete idiot. anyways currently I'm sure they're pressuring musk to hand over data on local dissidents etc... but TBQH musk would probably do that even if they weren't investors. he does the same for Modi in india.)

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Day #700 of being the most divorced man ever, just running up the high score at this point

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Buce posted:

they're the dumbest, angriest, most fragile people on earth. hth

A reminder that an unsmall number of them have been continuously mad about this pointless poo poo for what is going to be 10 years now this August.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Mudlark posted:

These are the same types that get angry about a character having their chest size reduced from 90s polyogonal cybertruck to a realistic proportion in order to better fit the art style of a game so

These people really told on themselves when the character's model in question wasin a flashback to her younger days.

EDIT: Potential spoiler here.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

roffles posted:

Gamergating lmfao

The age regression is going to continue until we find out he's like a diaper fetishist or something.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Armitage posted:

These people really told on themselves when the character's model in question wasin a flashback to her younger days.

EDIT: Potential spoiler here.

What game is this? The gamergaters have been mad about basically everything that's come out lately

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Dapper_Swindler posted:

because they think they live in assassins creed and everything that happens ever is some secret war with the godless jewish satanists vs godly trump and etc. they need to believe it because then they would have to reevaluate their beliefs.

gonna be a huge nerd when I say this, but Assassin's Creed has always been way too woke for the right. :colbert:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Kit Walker posted:

What game is this? The gamergaters have been mad about basically everything that's come out lately

Given that there's no other practical reason for this kind of rhetoric to be flying or exist, I'm like 99% positive they're just being whipped into a vague state of readiness to be the personal peasant Twitter army of an affluence institution, which Musk seems linked to.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Grimace posted:

gonna be a huge nerd when I say this, but Assassin's Creed has always been way too woke for the right. :colbert:

i mean yeah. I still like the series mostly though mostly for the history tourism and the dumb secret war poo poo. most games are TOO WOKE for chuds now.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Kit Walker posted:

FF7 Rebirth

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

Dwesa posted:

Racism against white male gamerz is acknowledging other groups of people exist

I dunno, I'm playing this Princess Peach game where I'm a ninja and it seems all the people I'm attacking are short and male. Sounds pretty woke.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Armitage posted:

FF7 Rebirth

Oh, lol, that’s really stupid. Yeah I hadn’t played the second part yet but anyone who knows the original and cares about this should know that’s a literal teenager

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I like how the Neurolink PR BS is just a dude going "I can play Civ6 all night long now!"

Yes, life-altering technology as envisioned by a 12 year old on summer vacation.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

I like how the Neurolink PR BS is just a dude going "I can play Civ6 all night long now!"

Yes, life-altering technology as envisioned by a 12 year old on summer vacation.

I’m able bodied and can’t play Civ6 all night long anymore so chalk that up as a win for Neuralink

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

E the Shaggy posted:

It's really great seeing stuff like this because it keeps confirming that Musk is DROWNING and "X" is going up in smoke.

From what I understand, he likes it like this, it drives him forward to WORK HARDCORE

all his companies go to the brink, then a miraculous save at the end

Unfortunately all those last-minute saves were all thanks to the work of very smart people who work around Elon, and in this case, he's fired all of them, anyone still working at X is either a moron, a racist, or trapped in that job because of various issues (could be a combo of all three)

so yeah, still a slomo trainwreck, but it's fun to watch

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Armitage posted:

FF7 Rebirth

LMFAO I was talking about the tomb raider remake they made forever ago but goddamn if it ain't the same song again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Shrinking Lara Croft's cup size is a crime against humanity (and by humanity I mean white nerds mostly)