Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

crusty
Apr 16, 2015

Crustacean

bemusedchunk posted:

edit: i'm really trying to find this episode of Martha where he helps "cook" a meatloaf.

No, you're thinking of the Rocky Horror Picture Show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Again, Tim Pool: he sucks so much even Nazis can dunk on him successfully.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

FuturePastNow posted:

Don Jr and Eric didn't inherit even a tiny shred of their father's ability to act like a tough guy

Don't be a tough guy. Don't be a fool!

edit - I will call you later.

digital penitence fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Mar 28, 2024

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Just reading A Man For all Seasons and - heck yes you cut down all the laws to go after Trump.
this dude isn't the Devil he's an octogenarian whose only power is hiring lawyers who he can't pay.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

PMURT

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

Australian mining billionaire Clive Palmer has spent the last decade attempting to construct a fully functional replica of Titanic.

In a new interview with Rolling Stone, Palmer discussed the status of the project, as well as what he hopes to achieve with it. As Palmer explained, his initial plans to launch the ship in 2016 were delayed due to a variety of factors, including figuring out how to “incorporate all the safety provisions and still keep the design of the ship the same — that was a lot harder than we thought.” (If you recall, the original Titanic sank after crashing into a iceberg. Palmer is intent on not having that happen again!)

“One of the problems we had with the Titanic is that you have to make it safe,” Palmer explained. “You’ll remember, in the [Titanic] movie you had the guy in the crow’s nest saying ‘Iceberg!’ That was because from the from the bridge, you couldn’t see over the bow. We can’t do that today. So we had to put a whole new deck in the Titanic.”

Ending woke

quote:

“We don’t believe people should be compelled [to be vaccinated],” Palmer stated. (He previously funded a lawsuit on behalf of Australian police and paramedics who faced disciplinary action for refusing to comply with a vaccine mandate.) Even so, Palmer said, vaccinated passengers will be welcomed. “We’ve got to extend our hand in love and friendship for people being vaccinated despite the side effects. We have to look after them. And they’re all good people. We’re all the same really, like white, green, yellow, whatever it is — to embrace each other.”

But Palmer’s biggest goal with Titanic II is to create an “international symbol” of peace amid a time of strife in Ukraine, Gaza… and, of course, the Great Woke War of 2024.

During a press conference offering an update on Titanic II, Palmer reflected on the lessons learned from the original ship. “We think about the musicians [who played as the ship sank], the rescuers, the engineers… we also think about the Titanic and how it was designed by the Irish and other designers. We also remember the thousands of lives saved by the Titanic disaster because of the changes made to lifeboats and watertight compartments. All of those things we should appreciate as part of our culture, part of our story. The only way we can really do that is by remembering that, promoting that, and putting it out there as a value that we can live with. And we see in a time when traditional values are under threat by woke people who believe we aren’t Australians, that we don’t all have the same rights… I want to put those very revolutionary, very unorthodox ideas out in this particular time of turmoil.”

Expanding on that sentiment in his interview with Rolling Stone, Palmer said, “There’s been a concept in society that you can cancel people. I think you know what I mean by ‘canceled’ people, and we think that’s a terrible concept. The United States was founded on the rights of men to be different. The diversity that we’ve had in our economy, in our intellectual development has really meant that’s developed our society to a higher level. I’m talking about Western society in general. So the French Revolution, the American Revolution, all those things were brought about by individuals [claiming] their rights to express an opinion or view. I mean, you should have the right to be wrong.”

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Harald posted:

Just reading A Man For all Seasons and - heck yes you cut down all the laws to go after Trump.
this dude isn't the Devil he's an octogenarian whose only power is hiring lawyers who he can't pay.

Trump is a man for all seasonings as long as its salt

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

A Man for All Four Seasons Total Landscaping

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Why are wealthy assholes so desperate to spend eternity in Davy Jones' locker

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

Clive Palmer sees himself as the Australian Trump. He did pour a lot of money into a few Australian federal elections and had some limited success. He was plastering his fat rear end on billboards with outstretched arms with the slogan "Make Australia Great" and tried to brand the leader of his party as the "next Australian Prime Minister", which was funny cause that guy lost his seat in parliament.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I am a big subscriber to the theory of the Eternal Return, so hell yeah Titanic, send more billionaires to a watery grave! :haw:

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

can't wait for the Titanic 2 movie, where the ship will sink because everyone caught covid.

quote:

We also remember the thousands of lives saved by the Titanic disaster because of the changes made to lifeboats and watertight compartments.
:lmao: :lmao:
Boeing is gonna take a page from this guy's book: "Think of the thousands of lives saved in the future because of future planes making sure their wheels don't fall off!"

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Shishkahuben posted:

Why are wealthy assholes so desperate to spend eternity in Davy Jones' locker

They have deep, buried instincts to help protect the species as a whole at the cost of their own lives

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Rich assholes not understanding "being canceled" will never not be funny. It's even more hilarious how they're all clearly scared of it.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Fox News is currently pushing the narrative that Biden is struggling to raise money, they are 100% planning on saying that the election is fake because Biden wasn't polling well and wasn't raising much money.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Maybe you should tell them to vote by mail more often. Oh wait :laffo:

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Palmer is an enormous loving clown, will throw $100,000,000 at a federal election for a meager result, badger everyone with invasive SMS messages, get himself the title of 'vexatious litigant' by losing multiple court cases against state governments, gently caress over his workers financially, repeatedly tried appealing to conspiracy theorists and nutjobs, and is generally just another racist lunatic with WAY TOO MUCH MONEY...

He's genuinely a piece of poo poo, but so unsuccessful politically that most just laugh him off... The Titanic II plan originally surfaced in 2013 for attention, then was quickly forgotten about as he blagged his way into the House Of Reps where he got nothing done and slept through govt sitting days, he and his party were so crap that almost all of them weren't voted back in next time he dumped ludicrous amounts of money on his election campaign, as well as the next election being a massive failure for him, too.

So, yeah, he's after the attention again.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 28, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Trump is posting about the judge and his family again...

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Palmer is an enormous loving clown, will throw $100,000,000 at a federal election for gently caress all result, badger everyone with invasive SMS messages, get himself the title of 'vexatious litigant' by losing multiple court cases against state governments, gently caress over his workers financially, repeatedly tried appealing to conspiracy theorists and nutjobs, and is generally just another racist lunatic with WAY TOO MUCH MONEY...

He's genuinely a piece of poo poo, but so unsuccessful politically that most just laugh him off...

murdoch is australian too right? does australia have too much money? we need to look into this

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

kazil posted:

finally! goons can only milk that elevator gif for so long..

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

kazil posted:

Can't wait to see what's going to happen to him and who are we kidding he's going to skate right through it.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Three Olives posted:

Fox News is currently pushing the narrative that Biden is struggling to raise money, they are 100% planning on saying that the election is fake because Biden wasn't polling well and wasn't raising much money.

Uhhhhhhhh

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Harald posted:

Can't wait to see what's going to happen to him and who are we kidding he's going to skate right through it.

It's not technically against the gag order, but pissing off the judge presiding over your criminal trial is a spectacularly bad idea

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
IIRC, that's more money in one night than Trump raised all last month.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

That's good, but have the Clinton's ever been anything but toxic? Does anyone like them except for the Demiest Dems?

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

nobodygetshurt posted:

murdoch is australian too right? does australia have too much money? we need to look into this

Murdoch renounced his Australian citizenship in 1985, he's been a naturalised USAmerican since.

Australia doesn't have 'too much money', but the rich do, mostly mining or property development magnates.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Catastrophe posted:

Have whatever opinion you want about Larry David but his short rant about Trump here made me laugh

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2024/03/28/larry-david-trump-chris-wallace-wtcw-lcl-cprog-vpx.cnn

https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/1773392867488084336

also wtf is that haircut

Stink Billyums fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 28, 2024

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Disco Pope posted:

That's good, but have the Clinton's ever been anything but toxic? Does anyone like them except for the Demiest Dems?

Yes. Basically "normies" Democrats over age 45 or so still love Hillary Clinton

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Disco Pope posted:

The donors do

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

kazil posted:

It's not technically against the gag order, but pissing off the judge presiding over your criminal trial is a spectacularly bad idea

Fair, I must have gotten confused about the dozen or so gag orders that Trump has been issued. It happens.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Trump as Ahab in Moby Dick

"He tasks me; he heaps me; rigged and stollen!"

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

Disco Pope posted:

You just described the Dem big-money donors

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

((complaints))

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Murdoch renounced his Australian citizenship in 1985, he's been a naturalised USAmerican since.

Australia doesn't have 'too much money', but the rich do, mostly mining or property development magnates.

you sound suspiciously like a billionaire

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Disco Pope posted:

Got some news for you about the sort of people who bring their checkbooks to a $10,000/plate black tie Democratic fundraising dinner.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Funny how anyone and everyone they don't like is automatically stupid, incompetent, a failure, unpopular, etc. despite stacks and stacks of reality that immediately proves them wrong with even a 3 second Google search.

Anyone they like or who likes them is automatically a strong, smart, patriotic hero. They could be drooling over themselves while getting frustrated at trying to figure out how a cord plugs into a wall outlet and they'd still hail them as a world-class jenius as long as they smile and give a thumbs up when someone says "trump won"

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

nobodygetshurt posted:

Murdoch is american
oh so american
we told him to gently caress off 40 years ago with cross media ownership laws
his scabby news remnants still hold some sway but australians mostly hate his foul guts and consider him the filthiest yank

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Carlos Lantana posted:

Murdoch is american
oh so american
we told him to gently caress off 40 years ago with cross media ownership laws
his scabby news remnants still hold some sway but australians mostly hate his foul guts and consider him the filthiest yank

how much money do you have? are you posting from your underwater dome house you had built on a whim?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Oscar Wild posted:

Trump as Ahab in Moby Dick

"He tasks me; he heaps me; rigged and stollen!"

I should re-read Moby Dick. I've read Billy Bud and Bartleby of course, but Moby Dick is the all-timer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

for 2024 we're appending "Eat The Rich" to "Eat Australians"