Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
OSPREAY VS SHIBATA 18 26.09%
BUCKS VS PP 2 2.90%
WOMENS FOUR WAY 5 7.25%
BEST FRIENDS VS KINGDOM 2 2.90%
SWERVE VS TAKESHITA 42 60.87%
Total: 69 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
So very glad to have gotten into Dragon's Dogma 2, because I can't go through another loving week of "muh ratings" discourse on the bluecheck grifter app (or even here, for that matter)

Something I do like regular discussions about is the audio. Is it purely from the streaming side? Because week to week, it's like russian roulette in terms of how good/terrible the mics sound etc.
Doesn't matter if live or watching later, with clips from the aew youtube channel having the same audio.

fez_machine posted:

Tony also hates having any wrestler he's even slightly pushing suffer losses (although there are signs this might be changing).

The Stat/Willow/Skye/Julia program has some back and forth in terms of wins and losses. I think they've all put eachother over at some point and if anything their value has increased because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Jeroen posted:

I would love for AEW's weekly programming to move to streaming. A major perk would be no longer having to deal with people who unironically validate their enjoyment with Quarter Ratings.

But then how would fed fans validate their lovely choices? Guess we'll find out in 2025

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

it's dare

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Erebus posted:

it's dare

I feel like he may have meant some harm.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Majinfoose posted:

But then how would fed fans validate their lovely choices? Guess we'll find out in 2025

AEW fans desperately want validation from TV ratings too sadly (even more so than WBD, who seems to be nothing but happy with how AEW is doing), sometimes to the detriment of their enjoyment of the product.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
got my tickets to Portland collision/rampage in May. no clue whats gonna be on the card but can rest easy knowing it's gonna loving whip rear end.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
AEW just needs one red hot program imo. They have a bunch of warm ones but nothing that feels like absolutely can't miss week to week.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

mooseinfants posted:

AEW just needs one red hot program imo. They have a bunch of warm ones but nothing that feels like absolutely can't miss week to week.

Yeah. Part of that being them not having many true heels

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

they need dustin's younger brother

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

mooseinfants posted:

Swerve and Joe getting sidetracked on other challengers diluted the world title scene but I am eager to go full steam ahead swerve v joe

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I’ve been thinking about it for a while and here’s how AEW can increase ratings:

- appeal to the ladiez by running more romance angles. Cool Hand And and Ruby are a good start but I wanna see a full on wrestling wedding by the end of the year

- do some t-shirt drama. Maybe Max Caster could turn on the Acclaimed by ripping off his Scissor Me shirt to reveal a BCG shirt underneath. Lots of stuff like that.

- hire and push the fattest wrestler they can possibly find

- run a storyline where House of Black kills Danhausen but then resurrects him as an actual sicko little demon man who bites people and scares little children

- create a hardcore division

- bring back the Nitro Girls

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Oh yeah, they should do this too

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Chuck Taylor has a brother?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Sign Acey Romero.

Strap him up (If physically possible).

Have him squash and then eat every babyface like that elisode of power rangers where the frog eats all the rangers except the coward blue one who no one ever wanted to pretend to be when playing power rangers. this ranger can be played by a nerd bastard like page, cole, danhausen, uno.

Acey eats them too.

Ends in a battle royale taking place inside Acey Romero where you gotta throw your opponent out of his rear end until one is left standing and does a taunt so hard it explodes Acey.

Dynamite draws 5-9 billion viewers, some of which seem to be coming from off world.

Knowledge of other marks on other worlds unite earth and we have 1000 years of peace.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Eat My Fuc posted:

Sign Acey Romero.

Strap him up (If physically possible).

Have him squash and then eat every babyface like that elisode of power rangers where the frog eats all the rangers except the coward blue one who no one ever wanted to pretend to be when playing power rangers. this ranger can be played by a nerd bastard like page, cole, danhausen, uno.

Acey eats them too.

Ends in a battle royale taking place inside Acey Romero where you gotta throw your opponent out of his rear end until one is left standing and does a taunt so hard it explodes Acey.

Dynamite draws 5-9 billion viewers, some of which seem to be coming from off world.

Knowledge of other marks on other worlds unite earth and we have 1000 years of peace.

he was in the battle royal at All In.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

rotinaj posted:

Wardlow needs to not be the one dude that this is used on
Brody King does, though

Jeroen
Jun 2, 2004
I have been accused of a stalker!
A Fat Bastard type wrestler called 'The Demo Troll' who beats up people that perform poorly in the quarters while yelling 'muh ratings' does sound like a decent idea.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Welcome to the club Mox, sometimes you just have to let it go.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sigh
Another week of “muh ratings” discourse in the AEW thrad
It’s just so tiring

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sounds like it was a bad show based on the number?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

But not as bad as your posts!!!! :boomshaka:

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

If more people watched and posted about AEW we'd just have more complaints to read.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fez_machine posted:

The problem is that squashes against jobbers do nothing for heels in AEW. The fanbase either blanks on them or begins to resent the heel for taking up precious good match time.

Heels need to have decisive wins against faces in AEW but if they do they become cool and stop being heels pretty quickly. Tony also hates having any wrestler he's even slightly pushing suffer losses (although there are signs this might be changing).

This is (among other reasons) why the c2 was so good

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Sticky Nate posted:

If more people watched and posted about AEW we'd just have more complaints to read.

Very good point. Keep viewership to below 800k I say.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Survivor 4.72mil viewers and a 7.0 demo hit. AEW was still ranked 3 for cable which is very strong, behind 2 nba games as nba nears the playoffs, but they are head to head against a killer on network tv thats slicing into all cable demo numbers.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
I choose not to panic and will wait for Dixie to let me know how the +3 and +7 numbers look

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

STING 64 posted:

Survivor 4.72mil viewers and a 7.0 demo hit. AEW was still ranked 3 for cable which is very strong, behind 2 nba games as nba nears the playoffs, but they are head to head against a killer on network tv thats slicing into all cable demo numbers.

isn't there March madness stuff basically every day too? brutal time to get eyes on yr TV show

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Post ratings are based on quotes

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tony Khan is going to use his billions to find every Nielsen household in America and force them to watch AEW at gunpoint

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

shiksa posted:

isn't there March madness stuff basically every day too? brutal time to get eyes on yr TV show

Thursdays thru sundays

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

STING 64 posted:

Thursdays thru sundays

ahhh. been a sec since I actually "paid attention" to things that aren't Real Sports like pro rasslin or nascar

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Kill him erin

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I hope Mox does the heel "Complain to the ref the other guy pulled my hair" thing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

Tony Khan is going to use his billions to find every Nielsen household in America and force them to watch AEW at gunpoint

The only way you could get people to watch that sheeit 🤣

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Just put 10,000 AEW fans on payroll and bus them in to each show. Tony's good for it. AEW Crucial Crew

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

My Lovely Horse posted:

Brody King does, though

Now we’re talking

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

why isnt there a smilie code for Kojima elbowing CM Punk in the nards

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Just saw this week's ROH and it got me wondering; how does jacked Brandon Cutler fit into the current iteration of the Elite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Just saw this week's ROH and it got me wondering; how does jacked Brandon Cutler fit into the current iteration of the Elite?

He's gonna be the fall guy when the truth about the Dynamite Cruise comes out.