Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

She played a flute once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Seyser Koze posted:

I don't even know who lizzo is

How is that possible. She’s huge

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Baroness Lizzo Harkonnen

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/celebrity/lizzo-sued-sexual-harassment-lawsuit-racial-discrimination-tour-rcna105930

that lizzo?

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

post hole digger posted:

I’ve always thought bush jr was the worst president of my lifetime but I’m coming around to the idea it was Obama. what a waste.
it was Obama.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Seyser Koze posted:

I don't even know who lizzo is

yes you do

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

gently caress you.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Scarabrae posted:

I don’t even know what to say that wouldn’t get me banned so I guess I’ll type

lmao

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

HashtagGirlboss posted:

How is that possible. She’s huge

Like XBox.:hai:

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?

I'm surprised he's talked at all, he's been way too quiet
It's so disgusting, he used to be pro-palestinian as well, but I guess that was early in his career before that sweet apaic money

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Scarabrae posted:

she’s so loving fat she’s emitting hawking radiation

lmaooo

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Can we just take a moment and be happy that Joe Lieberman is dead? I got out the good rum and everything.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Strangelet Wave posted:

by contrast the number of fingers on your right hand is highly genetic, but not very heritable

Nearly everyone has the same number of fingers on their right hand as their parents though.

Downs' syndrome would be an example of a trait that's genetic but not very heritable.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Nichael posted:

gently caress you.

try to listen as im being dragged away.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Nichael posted:

gently caress you.

Sorry

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Hello Mr President

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

Halloween Jack posted:

Can we just take a moment and be happy that Joe Lieberman is dead? I got out the good rum and everything.

I'm never happy when these bastards cheat the hangman.

Strangelet Wave
Nov 6, 2004

Surely you're joking!

SixteenShells posted:

a correlation coefficient of 1 is pretty strong correlation

the number of fingers on the right hand of a parent is very nearly independent of the number of fingers on the right hand of their child, so the correlation between those traits is close to zero

plot child fingers vs. parent fingers and you get a very nearly horizontal line for young children and a very nearly uniform scatter plot for old children. there are some heritable genetic traits that will give you an unusual number of fingers, but these are extremely rare compared to nonheritable congenital traits and, by far the biggest determinant of finger number, workplace accidents.

workplace accidents are somewhat heritable to the degree that career is heritable, but the process of workplace finger loss is nevertheless stochastic enough (and these days, rare enough) that even among parents and children who share a career, finger number is not strongly correlated

maybe this was different among past generations of extended families working together in dismal Victorian hell-mills, I don’t know. “heritable” and even “correlation” are terms subject to some word-play in different contexts, too. but heritable traits don’t necessarily imply genetic inheritance, and genetic inheritance doesn’t necessarily imply heritable traits.

e:

VitalSigns posted:

Nearly everyone has the same number of fingers on their right hand as their parents though.

Downs' syndrome would be an example of a trait that's genetic but not very heritable.

so instead I’d say it like this: practically all parents with five fingers on the right hand have kids with five fingers on the right hand. practically all parents with four fingers on the right also have kids with five fingers on the right. and practically all parents with three fingers on the right have kids with five on the right. and likewise for parents with two, one, or zero fingers on the right, they almost all have kids with five on the right. therefore parent finger number has low correlation with kid finger number. it doesn’t matter that the first category (five & five) is by far the biggest one, correlation measures the degree to which changes in one variable match with changes in another variable and these two variables don’t tend to change together

Down’s syndrome is indeed 100% genetic but not very heritable, classic example of such a thing

Strangelet Wave has issued a correction as of 05:04 on Mar 29, 2024

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Scarabrae posted:

loving gross

this, this is the grossest thing that has emerged:

https://twitter.com/QondiNtini/status/1773547466610098327

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Willa Rogers posted:

wow all our favorite characters!!!!!

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

post hole digger posted:

I’ve always thought bush jr was the worst president of my lifetime but I’m coming around to the idea it was Obama. what a waste.
but really. george bush sucks and he is hellbound, but I think he does have some actual beliefs. those beliefs led to a gazillion deaths, but I think that outcome did get to him, in a way (his outburst at the end of his term, his weird paintings that revolve around cleaning himself.) and he did create PEPFAR, a program that saved 25 million african lives from AIDS, and he went to fight against it’s defunding in 2023. still a hellbound war criminal, but I think the concept of valuing the lives of those he doesn’t know isn’t completely unfamiliar to him.

I don’t think Obama has ever felt sorry for anybody other than himself, and Joe Biden probably goes to sleep with a big smile on his face thinking about all those Palestinians he gets to starve to death and blow up. truly a pair of loving monsters.

Automata 10 Pack has issued a correction as of 05:09 on Mar 29, 2024

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

Strangelet Wave posted:

the number of fingers on the right hand of a parent is very nearly independent of the number of fingers on the right hand of their child, so the correlation between those traits is close to zero

plot child fingers vs. parent fingers and you get a very nearly horizontal line for young children and a very nearly uniform scatter plot for old children. there are some heritable genetic traits that determine finger number, but these are extremely rare compared to nonheritable congenital traits and, by far the biggest determinant of finger number, workplace accidents.

workplace accidents are somewhat heritable to the degree that career is heritable, but the process of workplace finger loss is nevertheless stochastic enough (and these days, rare enough) that even among parents and children who share a career, finger number is not strongly correlated

maybe this was different among past generations of extended families working together in dismal Victorian hell-mills, I don’t know. “heritable” and even “correlation” are terms subject to some word-play in different contexts, too. but heritable traits don’t necessarily imply genetic inheritance, and genetic inheritance doesn’t necessarily imply heritable traits.

fascinating! thanks for the info

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

https://twitter.com/QondiNtini/status/1773549330328142069

too much succ

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
https://twitter.com/nanditab1/status/1773529850046824830

I loving hate this. He's an accessory to genocide.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
but he excites the Hamilton crowd!

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

if I was the guy who made the dark brandon meme I would loving kill myself

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Can Bernie count on you to add to our chest's mad sparkle? Can you spare a little change for an old buccaneer?
I really wanted tonight to be like a Carrie version but with poo poo as well as blood poured on Biden, him going around alone mumbling to an imaginary Hunter as he's getting ready. Hunter tells him they're all gonna laugh at you but then Joe fixes his suit and comes out and blood and poo poo gets poured on him but instead of psychokinetic powers coming out, he just keels over and everyone claps because they think it's part of the act but Clinton and Obama are in shock and are trying to run and fall down in the poop and blood
the end

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Baroness Lizzo Harkonnen

lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

MadSparkle posted:

I really wanted tonight to be like a Carrie version but with poo poo as well as blood poured on Biden, him going around alone mumbling to an imaginary Hunter as he's getting ready. Hunter tells him they're all gonna laugh at you but then Joe fixes his suit and comes out and blood and poo poo gets poured on him but instead of psychokinetic powers coming out, he just keels over and everyone claps because they think it's part of the act but Clinton and Obama are in shock and are trying to run and fall down in the poop and blood
the end

me, i wanted deep impact

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

VoicesCanBe posted:

He's killing it on stage

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bill got work done.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Automata 10 Pack posted:

but really. george bush sucks and he is hellbound, but I think he does have some actual beliefs. those beliefs led to a gazillion deaths, but I think that outcome did get to him, in a way (his outburst at the end of his term, his weird paintings that revolve around cleaning himself.) and he did create PEPFAR, a program that saved 25 million african lives from AIDS, and he went to fight against it’s defunding in 2023. still a hellbound war criminal, but I think the concept of valuing the lives of those he doesn’t know isn’t completely unfamiliar to him.

I don’t think Obama has ever felt sorry for anybody other than himself, and Joe Biden probably goes to sleep with a big smile on his face thinking about all those Palestinians he gets to starve to death and blow up. truly a pair of loving monsters.

oh god no, dubya loved the idea of killing people. hes just as much a stone cold psychopath as obama

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2005/12/bush-s-tookie.html

quote:

In pondering the relationship between governors and the prisoners over whom they have power of life and death, I find myself remembering the single worst thing I ever heard about President Bush. It was something Bush, then governor of Texas, said to a reporter during his first presidential campaign. The reporter in question was Tucker Carlson—hardly a hostile figure—and Carlson reported it in Talk magazine in 1999. It was about Karla Faye Tucker, a convicted murderer whose execution Bush, as governor, had refused to stay. Here is what Carlson wrote (as quoted in National Review, another source hardly known to be hostile toward Republicans):

In the week before [Karla Faye Tucker’s] execution, Bush says, Bianca Jagger and a number of other protesters came to Austin to demand clemency for Tucker. “Did you meet with any of them?” I ask. Bush whips around and stares at me. “No, I didn’t meet with any of them,” he snaps, as though I’ve just asked the dumbest, most offensive question ever posed. “I didn’t meet with Larry King either when he came down for it. I watched his interview with [Tucker], though. He asked her real difficult questions, like ‘What would you say to Governor Bush?’ ” “What was her answer?” I wonder. “Please,” Bush whimpers, his lips pursed in mock desperation, “don’t kill me.”

The ugliness of a sitting governor mocking a prisoner’s plea to spare her life horrified Carlson, especially after he looked up the transcript of Karla Faye Tucker’s appearance on Larry King Live and discovered that nowhere did it show the prisoner asking Bush to stay the execution. It horrified a lot of other conservative journalists, too, including George Will, Richard Brookhiser, and the editorial page of the Manchester Union Leader in New Hampshire.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Scarabrae posted:

she’s so loving fat she’s emitting hawking radiation

turn on your monitor

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

Bill got work done.

facelift and fillers 100%

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

paranoid randroid posted:

oh god no, dubya loved the idea of killing people. hes just as much a stone cold psychopath as obama

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2005/12/bush-s-tookie.html

yeah w is a mean little bully, the bush family raised some psychopaths. now liberals heap accolades on him for not being trump.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

MadSparkle posted:

facelift and fillers 100%

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Probably Magic posted:

me, i wanted deep impact

I started to write something about katana swords falling but it got bad and I got worried

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
reagan was a mean little bitch too and they turned him into a genteel statesman, typical bullshit

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/jeffmason1/status/1773523811595428058

i bet all those guys do a lot of listening all the time that's why they deserve respect and not to be interrupted when they're jerking themselves off on stage :shuckyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadSparkle
Aug 7, 2012

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

yeah w is a mean little bully, the bush family raised some psychopaths. now liberals heap accolades on him for not being trump.

he sang with Michelle Obama so he has been exonerated, moving on to painting his lovely wannabe Frida Kahlo art