Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

crispix posted:

LOL :laugh:

hooooly poo poo

when was this?

Literally just before he came out as a far right weirdo in the interview on the same show. It's like he felt his divorced folk music career die as he was singing and he immediately transitioned into fascist without even waiting for the spiral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wondered why 'tempest photography' was trending this morning, I just thought of them as the school photo people.

Turns out that they're more like the ablist oval office school photo people :stonk:

quote:

A council has apologised after parents were offered a choice of class photos with or without children with complex needs in them.

Parents at Aboyne Primary complained after being sent a link from a photography company offering them alternative pictures.

Aberdeenshire Council said the decision was not taken by the school and the link to the photos was immediately removed.

Tempest Photography told BBC Scotland in a statement it was investigating the matter, that it had spoken to the photographer involved and the school, and that at this stage there was no further comment.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guavanaut posted:

Wondered why 'tempest photography' was trending this morning, I just thought of them as the school photo people.

Turns out that they're more like the ablist oval office school photo people :stonk:

Aye, just saw this on the BBC. loving outrageous that someone signed off on this

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

forkboy84 posted:

Aye, just saw this on the BBC. loving outrageous that someone signed off on this

Great that parents raised it though, I can think of a few round here who would like to get school photos edited to remove their out-group of choice

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Failed Imagineer posted:

Horrible that such a crime took place at all, but this couldn't have happened to a bigger oval office

I wonder if this has anything to do with him getting hassled while on an airplane during the week.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Scientastic posted:

Great that parents raised it though, I can think of a few round here who would like to get school photos edited to remove their out-group of choice

Hopefully this is the future of group photography so we can go full Stalin on assholes that we'd rather forget. "That's Jeff, a oval office convicted of rape. Delete. There's Rebecca, a oval office who is a Tory councilor. Delete. And look who's there..." :sever:

I'm only joking, but you can bet that people are going to use technology in some cringey ways

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jeffrey has just posted this to prove all is well

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Latest bollocks on twitter is a load of people posting "why are muslim women getting dole when they're not allowed to work".
Where do these nutjobs get their info!
Just trying to stir up hatred again.

Shouldn't have gone on twitter this morning.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

fuctifino posted:

It appears as though his wife is being charged for aiding and abetting too

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/husband-wife-co-down-charged-28907532

I guess they won't be publicly named until the court date?

Curse them both to hell and back again... takes second fiddle to him being a DUP plonker.

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Happy Easter

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Latest bollocks on twitter is a load of people posting "why are muslim women getting dole when they're not allowed to work".

It's maximizing efficiency, really, hate on women, a "bad" religion and the poor all at the same time.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I went diving into twitter, and the complainants in the Donaldson case apparently went to the police who then installed covert recording equipment and got him (and probably her) to admit to everything on recording. That's why the sudden arrest and charges, followed by him immediately deleting his online presence.

The same twitter screenshots also contain enough information to identify the victims, so I won't post them here.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

There is a muslim fella I work with who was all happy that he had finally managed to get his wife over from Nigeria. He said that he would forbid her to work and she'd take care of the household and the kids when they came along, he seemed really happy about it all. Two months later he comes into work a bit depressed looking so someone asked him what was wrong and he said his wife hadn't been in the country a week and she had already defied him and gotten a job. We all had a good laugh about that one.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Have... have they never seen a woman wearing a hijab doing a job?

There was literally a big argy bargy about women wearing the full niqab being teachers and that years ago.

Do these people not engage their brains ever?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Just spin a wheel to make up fake poo poo to get annoyed at, it'll be healthier than interacting with the musk site.

What's the deal with Methodist women getting free cars when they're not allowed to drive?
Why are Buddhist granddads given free beer at every Nando's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWY8t6poMlg&t=87s

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

forkboy84 posted:

Apparently they didn't. The photography company took it upon themselves to offer the "service" and both the school and the Council said "WTF?" when they found out.

What is disturbing is that Tempest Photography are a national company who do a lot of school photographs, and have been at the forefront of the business for decades. There's no telling how many times they've done this without it being brought up for complaint. The only thing I'll say in their defence is that they employ local photographers for this work, so it could be one ableist oval office from Aberdeenshire rather than a company policy.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jedit posted:

so it could be one ableist oval office from Aberdeenshire rather than a company policy.

I was following this closely from when the story broke yesterday, and yeah it sounds like it was a cunty photographer who decided to offer this off their own back, and I'm pretty certain that they'll never work for the company again. I'm sure that if there are other examples around the country then other parents would speak up, and those stories would have also gone viral.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Mar 29, 2024

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

What if the disabled kids gave off bad vibes tho?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They get reincarnated as Glenn Hoddle.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

https://x.com/JamieBrysonCPNI/status/1773679464276246737?s=20

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
oh you're going to give me SENSIBLE HEALTH ADVICE? gently caress you (eats my weight in chocolate in one sitting)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

giving myself type 2 diabetes to own the libs

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
He's completely ignorant of the health consequences that can come from stuffing yourself with too much chocolate.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I’m a big boy now I’m having ice cream for breakfast gently caress you mum and dad

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

TACD posted:

I’m a big boy now I’m having ice cream for breakfast gently caress you mum and dad

Research shows that ice cream for breakfast may improve alertness and mental performance.

https://www.chapmans.ca/scoop/study-ice-cream-for-breakfast-is-good-for-you/

quote:

Professor Yoshihiko Koga and his team analyzed the results of multiple clinical trials that measured brain activity after eating various foods in the morning. According to this study, frozen foods, particularly ice cream, had an “awakening” effect on the brain. As a result, study subjects showed higher alertness and quicker response. At the same time, ice cream stimulated high-frequency Alpha waves, that serve as connectors between conscious thinking and subconscious mind and responsible for calmness and relaxation. Consequently, study subjects showed less mental irritability.

So stick that where the sun don't shine, Kellogg's!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
a pair of my husbands friends are famously known in their circle for getting married and one day being like “drat it we’re adults. why can’t we have big ice creams for dinner???”

*later that night*

“HNNNNNNNNG oh i see”

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Given that the lethal dose of chocolate for a human being is somewhere around 30kg I would remind you all to be generous in your gifts to big Nige this easter.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Research shows that ice cream for breakfast may improve alertness and mental performance.

https://www.chapmans.ca/scoop/study-ice-cream-for-breakfast-is-good-for-you/

So stick that where the sun don't shine, Kellogg's!

And now I'm wondering if an ice cream enema would still give you brain freeze, so thanks brain.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Brain freeze comes from the coldness of the ice cream in your mouth reaching your brain and making blood vessels constrict, so no. You'd get arse freeze, though

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
You'd hope the school photo thing was the result of some innocuous logistics that no one thought about that ended up awkwardly offensive.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Dabir posted:

Brain freeze comes from the coldness of the ice cream in your mouth reaching your brain and making blood vessels constrict, so no. You'd get arse freeze, though

Oh, that makes sense. Arse freeze doesn't sound fun either mind.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Both are the same thing for Nigel.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Gratz on Big Nige for embracing the commercial side demeaning the religious version of the day.
Which is the most Chrisitan easter egg Nigel, Malteasers or Kitkat?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Guavanaut posted:

He's completely ignorant of the health consequences that can come from stuffing yourself with too much chocolate.

I feel bad for the fella but surely orbiting :sexarse: space debris is the bigger story?

grobbo
May 29, 2014
"eat a health-threatening number of chocolate eggs to show those liberal doctors you won't be pushed around" has the definite vibe of something that happens when you fail an Authority check in Disco Elysium.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Is that what happened to the sex arses after they got stuck in the suez canal? Attempts to bypass the UK border tax with dodgy rocket technology?

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal