Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Weed is cheaper now than it was before inflation

I pay less than half what I did for the same amount 4 years ago. It's pretty wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

just buy a can of tomato sauce and add oregano, thyme, basil, crushed pepper, whatever and cook it a little

better pasta sauce than anything you'll buy in a jar

This is very ableist. Some people have a condition where combining ingredients gives them panic attacks. Do better

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

weed is so cheap now

especially compared to alcohol

and obviously it’s not a literal poison

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

my theory is the federal ban has has stopped weed consolidation and monopoly practices which has actually lead to one of the few competitive markets in the USA

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

euphronius posted:

my theory is the federal ban has has stopped weed consolidation and monopoly practices which has actually lead to one of the few competitive markets in the USA

That’s a solid theory but if you live in a west coast state at least it’s because there’s an absolute glut of production and no legal export market, so the whole industry is collapsing under way too much supply and also while there’s plenty of demand it’s down a bit post covid

Federal ban is absolutely part of it, in that its the export restrictions more than anything else. A lot gets diverted to the black market but there’s still a significant overproduction even accounting for that

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

i hope the weed havers fix what is wrong

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

I don’t know that state markets compete too much with one another, since selling across state lines isn’t allowed

I think(????) for example to sell in ny, you have to produce in ny

of course the market is large enough that some west coast brands are setting up shops here

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

i generally prefer alcohol to weed because wine tastes nice and its very easy to slowly sip and manage my level of intoxication. Every time I smoke/eat pot it tastes bad, smells bad, and I either feel nothing or get stoned as gently caress and can't really function, though it does feel nice and makes me giggle

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah functioning isn't what weed is for

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica
functioning on weed is for serious tea heads only

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I don’t know that state markets compete too much with one another, since selling across state lines isn’t allowed

I think(????) for example to sell in ny, you have to produce in ny

of course the market is large enough that some west coast brands are setting up shops here

They don’t at all. California and Oregon would absolutely love to legally export into Nevada for example, where (at least last time I was down there) it’s all very expensive and kind of lovely because everything has to be grown indoors

The state border ban going away would probably really go far to pull the west coast legal weed industry out of tailspin

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

HashtagGirlboss posted:

That’s a solid theory but if you live in a west coast state at least it’s because there’s an absolute glut of production and no legal export market, so the whole industry is collapsing under way too much supply and also while there’s plenty of demand it’s down a bit post covid

Federal ban is absolutely part of it, in that its the export restrictions more than anything else. A lot gets diverted to the black market but there’s still a significant overproduction even accounting for that

Seems to me like Biden could get a lot of voters on board in legal states by just opening up legal weed trade across state lines

He won't though

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
There seem to be some trial balloons, Kamala was out there stumping about weed a month ago, so maybe we'll see that closer to the election

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

OH MY BAD posted:

functioning on weed is for serious tea heads only

gently caress I didn't know I was a tea head

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Engorged Pedipalps posted:

Seems to me like Biden could get a lot of voters on board in legal states by just opening up legal weed trade across state lines

He won't though

I don’t really know the state of the markets outside of the west coast honestly, where the whole thing is more recent and the industry just doesn’t have the same land and climate to support the kinds of grows you can have in CA/OR/WA. Those three states are locks for Biden anyway, why would he bother

OH MY BAD
Feb 5, 2024

by Pragmatica

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

gently caress I didn't know I was a tea head

addicts never know they're addicts until it's too late

i am smoking my morning j rn

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

blue squares posted:

i generally prefer alcohol to weed because wine tastes nice and its very easy to slowly sip and manage my level of intoxication. Every time I smoke/eat pot it tastes bad, smells bad, and I either feel nothing or get stoned as gently caress and can't really function, though it does feel nice and makes me giggle

I grew some weed that smells and tastes like a lemon slushie if you want to try some of it

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Colorado weed is cheap, but the industry is completely focused on processing low quality flower into product instead of high quality flower for direct consumption. California has amazing artisan weed meant to be consumed as flower. In Colorado everything you buy has been poorly trimmed and will likely be shaken to collect all the loose kief instead of leaving it on the flower. It really pisses me off when I buy flower and the outside has been completely stripped of trichomes.

Capitalism ruined weed and now I basically have to grow my own to avoid lovely industry practices.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Colorado weed is cheap, but the industry is completely focused on processing low quality flower into product instead of high quality flower for direct consumption. California has amazing artisan weed meant to be consumed as flower. In Colorado everything you buy has been poorly trimmed and will likely be shaken to collect all the loose kief instead of leaving it on the flower. It really pisses me off when I buy flower and the outside has been completely stripped of trichomes.

Capitalism ruined weed and now I basically have to grow my own to avoid lovely industry practices.

It probably should have just been decriminalized and left alone tbh.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Beached Whale posted:

At my school they had an entirely separate class called "Business Calculus" which in addition to important things like "not teaching integrals", also let you take a calculator to every test that let you type in the problem and then you could just copy the solution. Zero learning or critical thinking required.

My school had just put the calc for business majors course in place a few years before I started and my calc 1 teacher made jokes every day for the like the first week about how sad she was that she couldn't say "half of you will fail this course" now that there weren't any business people in it anymore. Turns out there was one single business guy in that class who had taken it by choice and he got so freaked out that he fled to go be with his people. I think she might have also gotten into a little bit of trouble for those jokes, which is sad.

I don't give a poo poo if you do a STEM degree or whatever but if loving calculus 1 is a weed out class for you then you absolutely should not be allowed anywhere near a management position. It's insane that so many schools recognize this problem and resolve it by effectively removing the requirement.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Oh yeahhh to the "grow to process" part. I figure if we ever get Federal legalization it will only come with full Philip Morris -ization, just diluted additive crap.

You'll only be allowed to buy junk from the state cartel whatever and it's your rear end if you try to grow your own - I think that's how Florida's legalization has looked. The Fuckers gotta get something out of everything.

...Maybe I'm paranoid from the weed.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
It really bothers me being told I can't farm something.

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Colorado weed is cheap, but the industry is completely focused on processing low quality flower into product instead of high quality flower for direct consumption. California has amazing artisan weed meant to be consumed as flower. In Colorado everything you buy has been poorly trimmed and will likely be shaken to collect all the loose kief instead of leaving it on the flower.

So, you're saying that the grass is greener... on the other side?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Professor Moriarty posted:

So, you're saying that the grass is greener... on the other side?

No it's whiter because it still has dank trichomes.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

blue squares posted:

you been smoking some lovely flower

weed tastes incredible

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
They really botched the regulation of legal weed. In New York, there's too much supply and not enough retail outlets and in Connecticut, there's no supply to feed the retail outlets. But you can't export over state lines, lol

In CT, I get the feeling that this is by design, and that weed was only supposed to be legal for the wealthy but they can't say that

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't care if it makes me "not a real tea head", I will probably never purchase flower again

Vape carts and edibles are just so much easier to deal with. It's a better experience all around. Every time I push a button and inhale some vapor and am instantly high I wonder why I always put myself through the hassle of fumbling around with fire like a caveman. You have to, like, go outside to smoke flower if you don't want it stinking up your living room. Why.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

weed tastes incredible

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
vape carts are so wasteful though and I've never tried a flower vape that i liked very much that isn't gigantic

maybe the tech is better now....

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

loquacius posted:

I don't care if it makes me "not a real tea head", I will probably never purchase flower again

Vape carts and edibles are just so much easier to deal with. It's a better experience all around. Every time I push a button and inhale some vapor and am instantly high I wonder why I always put myself through the hassle of fumbling around with fire like a caveman. You have to, like, go outside to smoke flower if you don't want it stinking up your living room. Why.

dry herb vapes are the solution and they rule plus you can then cook with the leftovers effectively doubling what you paid for.

the future is now!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the best part of weed is like you can just stop for awhile if you want. try that with sugar

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Red Baron posted:

dry herb vapes are the solution and they rule plus you can then cook with the leftovers effectively doubling what you paid for.

the future is now!

I used these in the interim for a while and they always got really gunked up no matter how much I cleaned them with pipe cleaners or whatever, there was always some part of the mechanism I couldn't quite get to that was permafucked sooner or later. I went through two and the same thing happened both times.

Vape carts also get really gunky sometimes which is frustrating but at least I don't have to like buy a whole new vape over it. Plus it's so much easier to use them. And I don't smoke enough to go through an entire flower purchase before it gets old and gross and dried-up. I've made my decision

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the milk machine posted:

vape carts are so wasteful though and I've never tried a flower vape that i liked very much that isn't gigantic

maybe the tech is better now....

its just a pain in the rear end vs a bowl and a lighter dont hate the old ways embrace tradition

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

weed tastes incredible

Flower quality is weird and after years of legal weed here and very high personal consumption rates I think the biggest quality indicator wrt taste is ultimately whether or not the growers saturated the weed in insane amounts of neem oil like an rear end in a top hat

I can smell and taste this poo poo from across the room now and hate it so much it makes me want to give up flower. It's usually all over everything from summer through fall.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Real hurthling! posted:

its just a pain in the rear end vs a bowl and a lighter dont hate the old ways embrace tradition

agreed, friend

every once in awhile i like to roll a very mediocre joint and just sit around and chill. feels good man

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

20 Blunts posted:

It really bothers me being told I can't farm something.

Well, I wouldn't call it farming, but if my state permitted growing your own weed, damned right I would have a new backyard hobby.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

lmao maybe the funniest part about business school is they never outright talk about the only thing that matters (crushing labor) they just say "expenses are bad and you want to lower expenses right (wink wink)"

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
virginia's legalization has been funny because they legalized possession up to some amount and you can grow up to 4 plants per household, but the dastardly republicans and the dastardly democrats in the legislature can't agree on how to legalize sales and the dastardly governor youngkin just vetoed a bill attempting it

they're really fun plants to grow, though. fits into the hobby discussion from a few page back

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

You can tell the Wisconsin Republicans really want to legalize weed since they complain about the tax revenue lost to surrounding states constantly, but that would give the D governor a win and also Tavern League money goes brrrrr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://x.com/CBSNews/status/1773681513789259960?s=20

Another one