Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I have little doubt that they will draft a QB, and that QB will be starting by Thanksgiving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Same, I just think it'll be the wrong move to make.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I have little doubt that they will draft a QB, and that QB will be starting by Thanksgiving.

And, God willing, benched by Christmas

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Which one of you insane sickos put tom brady in my avi and kept the bernie pic plus the red text? lol

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
How’d you even notice?! That took me a while to see

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Amy Pole Her posted:

How’d you even notice?! That took me a while to see
You couldnt see that perfect forehead and crisp hairline over Bernie's left shoulder??

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I'm using the mobile app, the image is too small

Mcmagic you will forever be Bernie long after he's passed.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
^^ I’m a mobile app poster

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Phone, tablet, laptop, doesn't matter to me. I'll post whatever way I can. I'll never stop posting.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

tarbrush posted:

And, God willing, benched by Christmas

Peak is the Mac option where he's benched 4 times in a year before they finally get the point

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Metapod posted:

I promise you no one who watched Spencer rattler thought the noise about him being a top pick was real. It was just these weird national draft people just saying poo poo for clicks and thats what it is most of the time when a qb goes from projected top pick to out of the first

Remember when everyone got whipped into a frenzy because some anonymous reddit post said Will Levis told his family he was moving to Carolina lmfao. Like to the point where it drastically moved betting lines

Professor Funk posted:

Phone, tablet, laptop, doesn't matter to me. I'll post whatever way I can. I'll never stop posting.

I will run through a brick wall for this man

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Professor Funk posted:

I'll never stop posting.

Hard same. Everyone else's loss, and the Dolphins don't deserve it, but I will never stop.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

mcmagic posted:

Which one of you insane sickos put tom brady in my avi and kept the bernie pic plus the red text? lol

Shut the fu- drat, this isn’t the succ zone.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Docjowles posted:

Remember when everyone got whipped into a frenzy because some anonymous reddit post said Will Levis told his family he was moving to Carolina lmfao. Like to the point where it drastically moved betting lines

I will run through a brick wall for this man

It was so bizarre lol

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
https://x.com/lylesfrede53962/status/1773685540606398491?s=61&t=VUs9n3L25619VZouCtT7XQ

Hof name guy visiting the Dolphins

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WHY DIDNT YOU JUST PAY HUFF

(I can’t get too mad about a 2026 pick I guess?)

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1773802926105927795?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I called that one. Not upset. Obviously Huff would have been preferable but Reddick is good.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's like they always say, take the older guy that costs draft capital.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

mcmagic posted:

lmfao i scrolled past it a couple times and something felt off

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

fsif posted:

:yeah:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

I mean, Reddick is a better overall player than Huff right now. But Huff is an ascending young talent and you could have just, you know, paid him.

I dunno, weird move. Maybe the calculus is, if you have Rodgers in 2024 + 2025, you trade the 2026 3rd now, let Reddick walk next year, and then recoup an extra 3rd round comp pick in Rodgers' final year? So basically borrowing from 2026 to use with Rodgers in 2025?

(Also, Reddick and Johnson are going to play the vast majority of the snaps. This just confirms that McDonald was a wasted loving pick.)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
A SECOND!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! for a declining player who is worse than Huff anyway. Awful.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

He’s almost certainly getting extended to lower his cap him but if they did keep him on the 1 year deal and let him walk, they probably recoup the cost in 2026 compensatory. Price is fine.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

He’s almost certainly getting extended to lower his cap him but if they did keep him on the 1 year deal and let him walk, they probably recoup the cost in 2026 compensatory. Price is fine.

That's what we thought about Tremaine Edmunds.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Extended like they should've done with Huff. Christ I hate that fat gently caress Joe Douglas so much.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

mcmagic posted:

A SECOND!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! for a declining player who is worse than Huff anyway. Awful.

If that percentage is snap percentage he won't hit the marker the way the Jets play, only Quinnen did last year and barely.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I literally thought it would take like 6th to get Reddick and take his money. Huff for Reddick straight up is a HORRIBLE trade and they just punted a free 3.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Idk man, Reddick is a very good player at least, but it's bad business by Douglas

mcmagic posted:

I literally thought it would take like 6th to get Reddick and take his money.

You do realize it's a 2026 pick right

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

There is a reason the Eagles, a much smarter team than the Jets, wanted to upgrade from Riddick to Huff. And they picked up a valuable pick for free.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Trading picks they know they'll won't be in charge of using I love it

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

There is a reason the Eagles, a much smarter team than the Jets, wanted to upgrade from Riddick to Huff. And they picked up a valuable pick for free.

This is also what you said about Morgan Moses and from what I’ve seen there aren’t too many Ravens fans happy with that one. “Smart” organizations make questionable moves as well.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I don't think you can assume everyone in the Eagles FO can uh, see the Matrix or whatever, else they probably wouldn't have hired Matt Patricia.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

This is also what you said about Morgan Moses and from what I’ve seen there aren’t too many Ravens fans happy with that one. “Smart” organizations make questionable moves as well.

The Moses deal actually made more sense because of the position. The whole handling of Huff vs Reddick is moronic. And I think the Jets probably think Reddick is a better player than Huff is, at least a 3 down player, and I personally think they are probably going to look like idiots for thinking that because Huff is going to be awesome with the Eagles and they will probably pay Reddick the same as Huff or more to not be as good.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fsif posted:

Hahahahaha

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

If he’s betting Philly a second you guys had a great few years for him.
Edit getting*

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 29, 2024

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The conditional is that he plays over 67% of snaps and has 10 sacks. No one in this scheme plays 67% of snaps.

A present day 4th-5th for a guy with the 4th most sacks over the last 4 years seems like a good deal to me.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Also I think JD is like +money to trade up for a WR at this point. Push the chips in.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

It's bad process. But hey, the Jets upgraded their EDGE group in their all-in window so, I'll at least have fun next year (until the horrors begin)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Diva Cupcake posted:

The conditional is that he plays over 67% of snaps and has 10 sacks. No one in this scheme plays 67% of snaps.

A present day 4th-5th for a guy with the 4th most sacks over the last 4 years seems like a good deal to me.

Ehhh i hate that logic for picks but I get it. 1 year = 1 round is the logic right?

But that’s why really great teams end up with crazy picks - ignoring that gambler mentality. Hard to get mad without knowing the $ per year he’s getting versus Huff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

We all love Bryce Huff but there’s a very real argument to be made that they upgraded a premium position for relative peanuts. He also hasn’t missed a game in 3 years.